03A4C3F2-4CD6-4DFF-BA31-2A7F8315AAFF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200719_020010 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200719_013610 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200711_020027 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200710_210847 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200710_210927 (resized).jpg
F124E540-B526-428F-A6D7-9979E738A359 (resized).jpeg
There are 351 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I have never had a beef with you or anyone else on pinside and I will apologize if I came at you in that manner as its not who I am. I may not always agree with others but I will always respect them, it's the measure of a man.
I hope you do come to Pincinnati and we can meet, I think you'll see we are not so different except I'll be the good looking one of the two, just kidding. I fear Pincinnati is not going to happen this year and it sucks we just got started.

We may not agree politically, but I thank you for reminding me to be courteous to all no matter what. That will last a whole 10 minutes, I know. But I'm always trying.
Again, thanks for your service.

#202 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Would you like some Skyline chili or something else sold here in Ohio? thanks for the offer it's a great jesture on your part.

I'm good on the Skyline, I've got a co-worker from your neck of the woods and I think he buys cases of the stuff when he goes to visit his folks. There is always a can in the break room cabinet. Seriously though, hit me up and I'll get some nut rolls to you.

#203 3 years ago

OD it's time to party! At least that's what my neighbors said.
Unless it was "time to stop partying". I dunno. Motorhead too loud.

20200706_205332 (resized).jpg20200706_205332 (resized).jpg
#204 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

OD it's time to party! At least that's what my neighbors said.
Unless it was "time to stop partying". I dunno. Motorhead too loud.

That and a little Deep Purple "Machine Head and I'm there!

#206 3 years ago

If you drive your car off a cliff while this song is blaring, you might be a redneck.

#207 3 years ago

Friggin awesome album, Deep Purple was the shit back in the day!

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Friggin awesome album, Deep Purple was the shit back in the day!

Back in the day? This album is the shit right now!

IMG-0338 (resized).jpgIMG-0338 (resized).jpg
#209 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Back in the day? This album is the shit right now!

Poor choice of words I meant when they were live baby! I saw them and Sabbath in the same week and it was unbelievable.

#210 3 years ago

A lot Family names disappeared when the poor whites were forced to fight in the Civil War, while the rich Plantation Owners who got it started set back and enjoyed life, or were appointed to high positions. Same as it is today. The Southerners suffered from rickets, bad health and bad teeth from poverty. Obesity from too much lard,and pork, early death from bad whiskey and environmental hazards.
All of the stereotypical signs are used in these "Funny" skits. The gene pool was severely degraded from that War and burned out childhoods took 3 Generations to recover. Hell, I had Uncles who told the Family they joined the military in WW2 to get some clothes,shoes and 3 square meals a day.
There wasn't any racism in that neck of the swamp at that time, everybody was in the same boat and borrowed from one another and worked together.
Bottom line, the Disney Redneck version has a grain of truth, the rest is caricature. There was a reason for the problems these people had, and none of them were slave owners. Not the real rednecks.

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I was curious...Wiki
Redneck is a derogatory term chiefly but not exclusively applied to white Americans perceived to be crass and unsophisticated, closely associated with rural whites of the Southern United States.[1][2] Its usage is similar in meaning to cracker (especially regarding Texas, Georgia, and Florida), hillbilly (especially regarding Appalachia and the Ozarks),[3] and white trash (but without the last term's suggestions of immorality).[4][5][6] In Britain the Cambridge Dictionary definition states: "a poor, white person without education, esp. one living in the countryside in the southern US, who is believed to have prejudiced ideas and beliefs. This word is usually considered offensive."[7] People from the white South sometimes jocularly call themselves "rednecks" as insider humor.[8]
By the 1970s, the term had become offensive slang, its meaning expanded to include racism, loutishness, and opposition to modern ways.[9]
Patrick Huber, in his monograph A Short History of Redneck: The Fashioning of a Southern White Masculine Identity, emphasized the theme of masculinity in the 20th-century expansion of the term, noting, "The redneck has been stereotyped in the media and popular culture as a poor, dirty, uneducated, and racist Southern white man."[10]

This clarification just confirms my suspicions. "Redneck" as the term is used where I live, refers to working class people from the South. But, it can also be a derogatory term for someone that does something silly or ridiculous. These people normally do not like being called "Hillbillies", as this term is associated with working class people that live in mountainous areas, like Tennessee or other hilly areas North of the Southeast US. There are no mountains or hills for that matter, near my area, so there are no "hillbillies". Although people from the Northeast US usually refer to all people in this class south of their area, as "hillbillies", including people from Florida. I always thought that was strange, because there are no hills in the flatlands... Hence, no "hillbillies" in those areas.

#212 3 years ago

You might be a redneck if any of your children were conceived in a bass boat.

#213 3 years ago

You might be a redneck if any of your children were born in a bass boat.

#214 3 years ago

You might be a great parent if any of your children were raised on a bass boat.

#215 3 years ago
D11106C8-F4DD-4B07-9D31-50B070460C3B (resized).jpegD11106C8-F4DD-4B07-9D31-50B070460C3B (resized).jpeg
#216 3 years ago
KindRegularGalapagosmockingbird-size_restricted.gifKindRegularGalapagosmockingbird-size_restricted.gif
#217 3 years ago

If this is your favorite song from Elton John, well then you just might be a redneck.

#218 3 years ago

If you think they should erect a monument to the Marlborough Man, well then you are a redneck.

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
#219 3 years ago

The player in your car has Foggy Mountain Breakdown by Earl Scruggs on permanent loop because you never know when you will need it as a getaway song.

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

A lot Family names disappeared when the poor whites were forced to fight in the Civil War, while the rich Plantation Owners who got it started set back and enjoyed life, or were appointed to high positions. Same as it is today. The Southerners suffered from rickets, bad health and bad teeth from poverty. Obesity from too much lard,and pork, early death from bad whiskey and environmental hazards.
All of the stereotypical signs are used in these "Funny" skits. The gene pool was severely degraded from that War and burned out childhoods took 3 Generations to recover. Hell, I had Uncles who told the Family they joined the military in WW2 to get some clothes,shoes and 3 square meals a day.
There wasn't any racism in that neck of the swamp at that time, everybody was in the same boat and borrowed from one another and worked together.
Bottom line, the Disney Redneck version has a grain of truth, the rest is caricature. There was a reason for the problems these people had, and none of them were slave owners. Not the real rednecks.

Interesting and thanks for posting.

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Will do, I’ll pickup Gryszz on my way.

Good one Jaybird. That one cracked me up.

I've been hoping to make it up to Pincinnati this year. Never been to it yet.
Also wondering now if it will happen due to the covid still going around strong.

#222 3 years ago
53B9F1E5-1D62-4538-A546-A8890BEEABB6 (resized).jpeg53B9F1E5-1D62-4538-A546-A8890BEEABB6 (resized).jpeg
#223 3 years ago

What the f*** is going on in this thread? I just read two pinsiders threatening back and forth to fight each other interspersed with a couple other ones comparing salted nut rolls in between. Now the two potential fighters appear to be friends while the other two are offering to exchange addresses for salted nut roll mailing.

I think I need to go to bed.

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

What the f*** is going on in this thread? I just read two pinsiders threatening back and forth to fight each other interspersed with a couple other ones comparing salted nut rolls in between...
Now the two potential fighters appear to be friends while the other two are offering to exchange addresses for salted nut roll mailing.

You might be a redneck if you have to fight someone to see if they gonna be your friend!

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you replace the topper on your Fish Tales with a Billy Bass, you might be a redneck.

Something like this ?

IMG20200708211817 (resized).jpgIMG20200708211817 (resized).jpg
#226 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Something like this ?[quoted image]

So you are a Bogan!

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

So you are a Bogan!

Not really , I've never owned a flanny or a pair of moccos and I don't drink Bundy but a lot of my mates are . I wonder if Odin will let Aussies include bogans , they're not the same as rednecks but they're as close as we've got .

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Something like this ?[quoted image]

I like the way that bass is chasing that lure... Nice touch...

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Not really , I've never owned a flanny or a pair of moccos and I don't drink Bundy but a lot of my mates are . I wonder if Odin let Aussies include bogans , they're not the same as rednecks but they're as close as we've got .

I think Odin will let it slide, they seem to be closely related.

A7A47AC3-221A-46BB-8481-4EC4B1ED3452 (resized).pngA7A47AC3-221A-46BB-8481-4EC4B1ED3452 (resized).png
#230 3 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

I saw the lure in a tackle shop and thought the colors would work . Maybe my inner redneck coming out .

IMG20181016205939 (resized).jpgIMG20181016205939 (resized).jpg

#231 3 years ago

I have moved all about this country and have met all sorts of people. In my experience I have gotten along with all types of people. Something has changed. Could be the internet that is partially to blame.

I’ve lived out west, south, north, east, and made friends very easily that I had kept in contact for years even after I had moved on.

I did an internship south of the mason dixon line and at first I could tell they were like who’s this northerner? After a week I was partying with them. One guy and his wife also wanted me to film them having sex. Lol.

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

I believe that is a walleye not a bass.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#233 3 years ago
FB_IMG_1428073101288 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1428073101288 (resized).jpg
#234 3 years ago

For what it is worth, I call myself a redneck. I grew up in a trailer on the VA-NC line. Like NASCAR, the outdoors, and the like. Speak with a very heavy regional Tidewater/Piedmont blend accent that is specific to the area between Richmond and Raleigh. People that know the region will know what I am talking about. As part of my work, I will either turn up or turn down the accent to either disarm people or let them think I am dumber than what I am. One of my favorite sayings is to end a a conversation with "But what do I know, I am just a dumb redneck." You say it a few times and people will actually start believing you...

Rednecks are a conundrum. They are either dumb and ignorant as hell or some of the most cunning and intelligent people that you will meet. Pretty easy to spot the first group; harder with the second. Sure, you have racism involved with some of the ignorant rednecks but I would not say that it is universal or as prevalent as you would think. For the most part what I have seen are people trying to do the best they can with what they got. They might not have much, but they take pride in what they do have and who they are. I have not seen a redneck get upset about being called a redneck, as long as the caller is not trying to be a shithead about it.

Now here is the funny thing about rednecks: they are everywhere in this country. They might go by different names like country folks, mountain folks, swamp rats, hill jacks, or Floridians (sorry, couldn't resist), but they are everywhere. It is more of a shared cultural experience thing than a region thing. phil-lee has given some really good info about the etymology of the term and the origins from a southern perspective, but as with all things, things evolve over time.

So for all the folks that think that they are being funny or witty about calling somebody a redneck, it is not having the effect that you think it might. And for those rednecks (or other affiliated groups that are cousins to rednecks) that get upset for calling you a redneck, lighten up. Us rednecks have done some pretty redneck shit from time to time.

#235 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I have never had a beef with you or anyone else on pinside and I will apologize if I came at you in that manner as its not who I am. I may not always agree with others but I will always respect them, it's the measure of a man.
I hope you do come to Pincinnati and we can meet, I think you'll see we are not so different except I'll be the good looking one of the two, just kidding. I fear Pincinnati is not going to happen this year and it sucks we just got started.

Aww come on man. Keep hope alive..pincinnati gooo!

#236 3 years ago

I have always thought of 'redneck' as more of a lifestyle choice, like preppy or geek or survivalist or SJW or hippie or surfer dude or pinhead or . . .

#237 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

For what it is worth, I call myself a redneck. I grew up in a trailer on the VA-NC line. Like NASCAR, the outdoors, and the like. Speak with a very heavy regional Tidewater/Piedmont blend accent that is specific to the area between Richmond and Raleigh. People that know the region will know what I am talking about. As part of my work, I will either turn up or turn down the accent to either disarm people or let them think I am dumber than what I am. One of my favorite sayings is to end a a conversation with "But what do I know, I am just a dumb redneck." You say it a few times and people will actually start believing you...
Rednecks are a conundrum. They are either dumb and ignorant as hell or some of the most cunning and intelligent people that you will meet. Pretty easy to spot the first group; harder with the second. Sure, you have racism involved with some of the ignorant rednecks but I would not say that it is universal or as prevalent as you would think. For the most part what I have seen are people trying to do the best they can with what they got. They might not have much, but they take pride in what they do have and who they are. I have not seen a redneck get upset about being called a redneck, as long as the caller is not trying to be a shithead about it.
Now here is the funny thing about rednecks: they are everywhere in this country. They might go by different names like country folks, mountain folks, swamp rats, hill jacks, or Floridians (sorry, couldn't resist), but they are everywhere. It is more of a shared cultural experience thing than a region thing. phil-lee has given some really good info about the etymology of the term and the origins from a southern perspective, but as with all things, things evolve over time.
So for all the folks that think that they are being funny or witty about calling somebody a redneck, it is not having the effect that you think it might. And for those rednecks (or other affiliated groups that are cousins to rednecks) that get upset for calling you a redneck, lighten up. Us rednecks have done some pretty redneck shit from time to time.

I don't consider myself anything close to a Redneck...but I grew up in Maryland, near DC, perilously close to many large swaths of redneck compounds, and I lived in South Carolina for five years (during the whole "how dare we let women attend the Citadel?!" controversy) so I kind feel like I've paid my redneck dues. I've been to redneck parties, I've traveled in redneck cars, I've joined giant football stadiums full of rednecks in a common cause. I've gotten drunk with rednecks. I've lived, laughed, and loved with rednecks. Even the love part. Yes, it's safe to say I've made sweet love to rednecks.

For all the red state/blue state culture wars, the fact of the matter remains that EVERY single state in the U.S. has its fair share of redneck territory. Even New York, ya haters!

Rednickism is woven into the tapestry of our country, and it will never be "canceled," nor should it be. It's part of our very fabric. The issue is that just as the U.S. needs to reconcile with its rednecks, American rednecks need to reconcile with the rest of the country. It doesn't have to be this way; we can all get along.

My name is Crazy Levi and I approved of this message.

#238 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't consider myself anything close to a Redneck...but I grew up in Maryland, near DC, perilously close to many large swaths of redneck compounds, and I lived in South Carolina for five years (during the whole "how dare we let women attend the Citadel?!" controversy) so I kind feel like I've paid my redneck dues. I've been to redneck parties, I've traveled in redneck cars, I've joined giant football stadiums full of rednecks in a common cause. I've gotten drunk with rednecks. I've lived, laughed, and loved with rednecks. Even the love part. Yes, it's safe to say I've made sweet love to rednecks.
For all the red state/blue state culture wars, the fact of the matter remains that EVERY single state in the U.S. has its fair share of redneck territory. Even New York, ya haters!
Rednickism is woven into the tapestry of our country, and it will never be "canceled," nor should it be. It's part of our very fabric. The issue is that just as the U.S. needs to reconcile with its rednecks, American rednecks need to reconcile with the rest of the country. It doesn't have to be this way; we can all get along.
My name is Crazy Levi and I approved of this message.

Look at all of this love!

Hey @crazylevi, as you mentioned, there are huge swaths of rednecks around here. Nap Town is the weirdest mix of rich, blue collar, redneck, conservative, progressive, etc that you will find around the DMV. Must be the water...

Ready for the Redskins to get a new name?

#239 3 years ago

I write personal songs for people who want to memorialize loved ones. I was approached by a friend who wanted one for her Father. I asked her to tell me a few things describing him. She said he drove a truck, told dirty jokes, chewed tobacco and was a "Redneck like all of his white friends" Truth. I have met and been friends with several other black folks who could have been described the same way, one even had a rebel flag on his pickup.
As a rule rednecks didn't live in mobile homes, preferring any real house including shacks and shanties, converted barns or staying with relatives. Rednecks referred to these folks as trailer trash. You see, there are differing hierarchies of status among the poor. Easy financing changed all of that.
The traditional diet of rednecks and poor blacks is basically the same, I can cook all of it to perfection. Collards with boiled potatoes, fat back, tripe, brains and eggs, salt mackerel and eggs, every bean variety with mystery meat. Rednecks as a whole didn't eat Chitlins (but my Mom loved them. We left the house when they were cooking.) Rutabagas, pickled pork, artichokes, hell, pickled everything. Some of my black friends got weird cuts of meat like necks, feet, where we had real chicken but gizzards and livers were fair game.

#240 3 years ago
Quoted from spoke:

I have always thought of 'redneck' as more of a lifestyle choice,

Perhaps we could market it into a "lifestyle brand".

#241 3 years ago

Perhaps: Redneck Supreme
Need to work up a cool logo.
Then form a marketing team that is keenly in touch with redneck interests and preferences in 2020.

#242 3 years ago
download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#243 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

"lifestyle brand".

you mean "Stern" redneck style. lol

#244 3 years ago
8A378A90-BC8F-4365-99D8-5B23FFD1FF5A (resized).jpeg8A378A90-BC8F-4365-99D8-5B23FFD1FF5A (resized).jpeg
#245 3 years ago
20200708_192634 (resized).jpg20200708_192634 (resized).jpg
#246 3 years ago

OD....I got 6 moderation notices two days ago. Six! Try harder chumps.
tenor (7).giftenor (7).gif

#247 3 years ago

If you have more moderation notices than the op, then you might very well be a redneck.

#248 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you have more moderation notices than the op, then you might very well be a redneck.

If you are kicked out of your own thread. Well, you know the drill.

LTG : )

#249 3 years ago
download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#250 3 years ago
Favorite-Nursery-Rhyme-Funny-Redneck-Meme-Image (resized).jpgFavorite-Nursery-Rhyme-Funny-Redneck-Meme-Image (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
South Berwick, ME
$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 351 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-might-be-a-redneck/page/5?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.