(Topic ID: 270492)

You might be a pinhead if......

By sixtyfourbits

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200608_212010 (resized).jpg
    DSCN7145 (resized).JPG
    20200608_141108 (resized).jpg
    20170903_171706 (resized).jpg
    jeff foxworthy (resized).jpg
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

I thought it might be fun to make a thread that would be a fun play on Jeff Foxworthy's old comedy line. But, instead of redneck, this one will be for us sophisticated and highly intellectual pinheads. So feel free to add as many as you can think of!

jeff foxworthy (resized).jpgjeff foxworthy (resized).jpg

You might be a pinhead if......

You've spent a fair bit of time lately stratagizing the best approach to convince your wife/husband that you have room for at least one more pinball machine in the house.

You've woken up from a sleep/nap only to be mad that the awesome pin deal you thought you had lined up was actually just a dream.

You casually glance inside open garages as you drive through neighborhoods, hoping to see a pinball machine in the corner collecting dust that you can swoop in and make a deal on.

The longest roadtrip you have taken was not vacation related, but was to buy a pinball machine.

Let's hear some more!

#2 3 years ago

If you know what most of the pinball name abbreviation names are....
    if you print out custom apron cards years in advance before you even purchase an already released game,
    if you start designing custom rooms/buildings just for the collection of pinball games,
    if say to yourself "just one more game and that will be it",
    if the value of your spare parts on hand are relatively equal to (or more than) the value of your collection,
    if you purchase the same title more than once,
    if driving across town to buy gas is bothersome, but driving hours across state lines to buy a game is perfectly fine,
    if paying for house or car repairs is too expensive, but adding another game to the collection is not,

Oh well, it's all fun...

#3 3 years ago

If the only thing you use the internet for is pinside.

#4 3 years ago

If the first thing you do every morning is have coffee and check the Pinside marketplace...

#5 3 years ago

Lose or make 1000’s or 10,000’s in the market day-to-day but still get excited about saving a few hundred on a great pin deal.

#6 3 years ago

Your nick name is Zippy.

LTG : )

#7 3 years ago

....own more BG wall hangers Than pins...

#8 3 years ago

you wax your balls.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Snowman:

if paying for house or car repairs is too expensive, but adding another game to the collection is not

I have become this....

Me: "There is no god damn way in hell im paying $350 for them to do one axle of brakes! Im not made of money!"

(2 minutes later)

"Hey I found a Firepower back glass for $375.00 I think i might get it!"

#10 3 years ago

As soon as you go into a non-pinhead friend’s or customer’s basement, you immediately think of how many pins would fit.

#11 3 years ago

When you look at this thread and think OMG they are talking about me.

#12 3 years ago

...A requirement when buying a car is that it's big enough to fit a pin.
    ...The first thing you think about when you see a movie or TV show is the pinball machine with that license
    ...Or if when you watch a TV show or movie all you can think about is how good it would be as a pin.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

As soon as you go into a non-pinhead friend’s or customer’s basement, you immediately think of how many pins would fit.

I actually just thought this yesterday.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

You're _really_ a pinhead if you actually _tell_ them... (BTDT)

#15 3 years ago

Funny, I was just thinking about this on Saturday ...

Maybe I'm a pinhead 'cause ... I just drove 2.5 hours to Albany, NY to drop off a pin I sold, only to immediately drive another 1.5 hours to Connecticut to pick up a pin I was buying ... total roundtrip, 8 hours.

#16 3 years ago

You might be a pinhead if :
    1) You got your first work as a teenager, mowing grass, so you would have money to go to the local arcade on your bicycle to play pinball.
    2) Later, you got a real job so you would have enough money to purchase your own machine and not have to leave the house to play it.
    3) You might also be a pinhead if you watch you tube videos on pinball play and research rules for machines that you have never touched, because you might get to play them one day.

#17 3 years ago

If your license plate is: PINHEAD

#18 3 years ago

...you have a specific collection of tools just for working on machines and they shall never be used for work around the house.

#19 3 years ago

...you buy toppers for pins you don't have because you might get those pins in the future and the toppers may be unavailable or overpriced.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

You casually glance inside open garages as you drive through neighborhoods, hoping to see a pinball machine in the corner collecting dust that you can swoop in and make a deal on.

I did that the other day!

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

I did that the other day!

New series coming to Discovery, Counting Pins.

#22 3 years ago

...you keep a browser window open all day with the Stern game code page and refresh it every time you walk by because you're hoping for a code update.

#23 3 years ago

At 15 I got my first job so I’d have the money to buy a Pachinko machine. Close enough. The job was at the ice cream store right by the bowling alley where we played a whole lot of pin.
    I was on my way to the bowling alley to play when I saw the Help Wanted sign.

#24 3 years ago

...When you're constantly scanning the background for pinball machines during movies.

#25 3 years ago

Your pinball collection is worth more than your house

#26 3 years ago

When you drop $850 at CPR without a second thought but a week later balk at paying $500 for a needed home improvement. (my playfield arrives on Thursday!)

#27 3 years ago

You see a pin in the background of a TV show and try to figure out what it is.

#28 3 years ago

...When you get destroyed on a game, say "screw this stupid game, I HATE IT!"
    5 minutes later, your gushing about how challenging and fun and what a great game it is.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

You see a pin in the background of a TV show and try to figure out what it is.

Stage 2: watching a TV show with a friend (or SO) and _they_ pause the TV, because _they_ know you're going to try to figure out what it is.

#30 3 years ago

...When you have tears in your eyes when you see one of those on location games that are just trashed, dirty, and dark.

#31 3 years ago

If you’re considering buying a new house to have more space for pins

#32 3 years ago

Your co-workers see your screen saver and say "That's a cool looking arcade, where was that?"

"Um....it's my basement......"

20170903_171706 (resized).jpg20170903_171706 (resized).jpg
    #33 3 years ago

When the only raffle you ever play is project pinball.

#34 3 years ago

Your license plate frame says "I'd rather be playing pinball"

#35 3 years ago

20200608_141108 (resized).jpg20200608_141108 (resized).jpg

#36 3 years ago

Complain about the cost of a limited NIB pin/topper, then list your HUO pin or topper for re-sale at higher prices based on scarcity.

#37 3 years ago

If you know Zombie Yeti's, real name.

#38 3 years ago

You know who designed every DMD game ever made.

#39 3 years ago

80% of freinds on Facebook also own pinball machines
    You have pinball machines in 5 rooms of your house

#40 3 years ago

You have this sticker on every door of your house.
    You spent your $1200 government stimulus on pinball parts or a machine. (I did)

DSCN7145 (resized).JPGDSCN7145 (resized).JPG
    #41 3 years ago

You have a pool table that no one has been able to play in years because with a cover on it, it's perfect for PF swaps. Two lay side by side for the "bottom slide".

#42 3 years ago

You play virtual pinball on your tablet while sitting on the commode.

#43 3 years ago

It's nice to see one of my magnets floating around here. I made these about a year ago.

20200608_212010 (resized).jpg20200608_212010 (resized).jpg

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gott1978:

When the only raffle you ever play is project pinball.

When you figure $75 a month in with your bills to get a ticket every 4 weeks for a project pinball raffle ticket.

#45 3 years ago

When you spend 100’s of dollars on led bulbs, plastics and rubbers..yet, go cheap and spend $50 on a dining room light fixture..

#46 3 years ago

When you hoard trashed parts (broken flipper linkages, cracked pop bumper caps, etc.) for free and salvage them for games you don’t even own.

PS - if any of you have pinball trash - I’ll pay shipping.

#47 3 years ago

When your coffee table is a cocktail pinball machine.

#48 3 years ago

If you have to eat in your kitchen because the dining room is full of machines.

#49 3 years ago

You wake up each morning surrounded by a dozen pinball machines

Your night light is a pin in attract mode

Pinball machines are in every room in your house except
    bathrooms and only because they're too small

Pinball machines are stored under pinball machines

Steve

#50 3 years ago

If you spent so much on Color DMDs in total that you could have bought a very nice pinball machine with the sum of money.

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-might-be-a-pinhead-if?hl=jwjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.