(Topic ID: 87891)

You may be into pinball too much if.....

By SilverUnicorn

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ferguson.PNG
    Lightning-Strike2.jpg
    image-973.jpg
    DSC_2151.jpg
    SM16.jpg
    image-13.jpg
    Pinball aprons.jpg
    pac man.gif
    pinball addiction.jpg
    DSC09591.JPG
    504-1.jpeg
    504-2.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

You plan vacations around pinball shows or destination places to play pinball.

And you plan your vacation vehicle not around the most fun or fuel efficient, but the one that can actually hold a pinball machine "just in case."

#19 10 years ago

Last year on our Florida trip, we could have taken our nice Z4 roadster that gets great gas mileage and would have been nice to drive top-down in the November Florida 80 degree weather. But no... we had to take my parents' Explorer and try to park the damn thing in the teeny Disney parking spots. Then I was seriously disappointed when we didn't bring back a pinball machine. This November we are going back to Florida and IAAPA and the Free Play expo "just happen" to be that week. Decisions, decisions...

Oh, and I am purposely taking my parents with me this June to the Southern Fried Pinball Expo since they have the Explorer. (And more $ than I do.)

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from zerbam:

no you put Revenge From Mars there........it will line up with the rest

Exactly. There's a lowered ceiling section in my room for duct work and a sitting area beyong it that would otherwise be totally blocked off, and so I thought I couldn't put a pin there. Then I moved RFM over just temporarily so I could put NGG in that spot, and RFM fit so perfectly that it hasn't moved since.

image-13.jpgimage-13.jpg
    #52 10 years ago

No, that's my little house dog in his crate. This pic was taken right before my dad's birthday party pinball tournament, and the dog had to be crated because of my 1 year niece with death grip and no manners, so we put him under there so he could still see us. Normally the 2 green storage stools go under NGG, but if we have company over we put them out for extra seating.

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

im pretty sure your dog likes it when the 1 year old niece has to go home.

So do I.

#81 9 years ago

I have casually mentioned to my husband that I think we could fit about 3 pins easily into the master bedroom with a little re-arranging. His response was "And we could probably fit another 2 easy in the closet." This is how we get into trouble, we're both enablers. He he. (Our master bedroom was 2 bedrooms converted into one big suite by the former owners, so our closet is 9' x 11.5'. I don't have that many clothes, and we are running out of gameroom space...)

#84 9 years ago

One sister, married, no interest in pinball. Well, she'll play in our family tournaments but makes fun of us for going to pinball events.
    My husband, myself, and my parents are all pin crazy. It makes it more fun when it's a family thing. We went from none to 10 pins in 1.5 years, and only stopped when we ran out of money, space, and local pins to buy. Husband and I still talk pinball in just about every conversation, and our newest thing is to walk into a room (like an open house for sale, a friend's living room, wherever) and determine how many pinball machines would fit in it. Oh, and try to determine if a pin will fit in whatever random wagon, hatchback, or SUV happens to be in front of us while driving.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-may-be-into-pinball-too-much-if?tu=blondetall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.