(Topic ID: 87891)

You may be into pinball too much if.....

By SilverUnicorn

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 97 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SilverUnicorn
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Ferguson.PNG
    Lightning-Strike2.jpg
    image-973.jpg
    DSC_2151.jpg
    SM16.jpg
    image-13.jpg
    Pinball aprons.jpg
    pac man.gif
    pinball addiction.jpg
    DSC09591.JPG
    504-1.jpeg
    504-2.jpeg

There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Exactly. There's a lowered ceiling section in my room for duct work and a sitting area beyong it that would otherwise be totally blocked off, and so I thought I couldn't put a pin there. Then I moved RFM over just temporarily so I could put NGG in that spot, and RFM fit so perfectly that it hasn't moved since.

Is that a cat living under your NGG?

#52 5 years ago

No, that's my little house dog in his crate. This pic was taken right before my dad's birthday party pinball tournament, and the dog had to be crated because of my 1 year niece with death grip and no manners, so we put him under there so he could still see us. Normally the 2 green storage stools go under NGG, but if we have company over we put them out for extra seating.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

like this dudes house./apartment whatever it is. but wow. hes single.. so no problem. i think hes got a couple in the kitchen. LOL
    » YouTube video

Someone needs to teach that guy how to put his games on freeplay.

#54 5 years ago

What about when you come home from MGC with 4 new machines, and still pissed you couldnt make a deal on the 5th one.

Get home from a pinball show at 11 pm, been gone for 4 days, Go in and say hi to the wife, walk to the kids rooms and give them kisses, then head out to the game room to start shoping one of the new games.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Someone needs to teach that guy how to put his games on freeplay.

Some people would rather take them off and take pride in the amount of credits they can build. Either way, if you're have good, you're not having to credit up.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

like this dudes house./apartment whatever it is. but wow. hes single.. so no problem. i think hes got a couple in the kitchen. LOL
    » YouTube video

All of those pins look to be near perfect condition. 3 pins in the kitchen, and eat in area. All of the drapes matched too. I would hope he has many friends to play them. Did not notice a shot of the washroom though hmmm...

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

All of those pins look to be near perfect condition. 3 pins in the kitchen, and eat in area. All of the drapes matched too. I would hope he has many friends to play them. Did not notice a shot of the washroom though hmmm...

well it looks like he didnt spend much money on furniture. : P

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Your phone goes off more for Craig's list alerts than for actual contact from another human.

Wondering what tool you guys use for craigslist alerts. I don't think there's a native tool...

#59 5 years ago

Ok well this thread taught me something........ We all have a problem. Stand up state your name.

#60 5 years ago

I got rid of a couch, chair, and coffee table as my collection grew in my 2nd living/dining room area from 5 machines to 13. I still have my dining room table. I'm not sure if my sister is trying to make fun of me or help me but she states that if I get rid of my dining room table, I can get 2 more machines in there. I actually think that is enough since there are 5 machines total between the 3 bedrooms. Just have to find a bigger house in 6 years or so.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

And you plan your vacation vehicle not around the most fun or fuel efficient, but the one that can actually hold a pinball machine "just in case."

A Dodge Caravan became cool to me
    What the hell happen with the masculine muscle car guy I used to be.
    I bought a car last month convincing my girl with the reason : will be more convenient with the kids. But while at the dealer I was taking measurement with my tape of the space in the trunk with the rear seats down. It fits lol

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I got rid of a couch, chair, and coffee table as my collection grew in my 2nd living/dining room area from 5 machines to 13. I still have my dining room table. I'm not sure if my sister is trying to make fun of me or help me but she states that if I get rid of my dining room table, I can get 2 more machines in there. I actually think that is enough since there are 5 machines total between the 3 bedrooms. Just have to find a bigger house in 6 years or so.

if i remotely considered getting rid of our couch in the living room, with the thought of putting some pins in there. it would be goodnight irene for me.

#63 5 years ago

You think about trading "up" to a mannyvan town and country because the sweet stow and go seats plus 2 side doors means you can comfortably move 2 pins...

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

No, that's my little house dog in his crate. This pic was taken right before my dad's birthday party pinball tournament, and the dog had to be crated because of my 1 year niece with death grip and no manners, so we put him under there so he could still see us. Normally the 2 green storage stools go under NGG, but if we have company over we put them out for extra seating.

im pretty sure your dog likes it when the 1 year old niece has to go home.

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

im pretty sure your dog likes it when the 1 year old niece has to go home.

So do I.

#66 5 years ago

you install a ColorDMD into every DMD game you have even if the color ROM is not yet available.

#67 5 years ago

You move this out of the garage...

SM16.jpg

So you have room for this instead... lol

DSC_2151.jpg

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Some people would rather take them off and take pride in the amount of credits they can build. Either way, if you're have good, you're not having to credit up.

I do this on most of my machines. I accidentally broke off the coin door key in the lock on my Swords of Fury months ago but it doesn't matter because it's still at CREDITS 10 and rarely drops below 7.

#69 5 years ago

Gameroom is so full you have to leave your MM and Banzai Run in the garage for a while.

image-973.jpg

#70 5 years ago

When you turn every conversation into a pinball conversation. I'm there....

#71 5 years ago

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Oh, I don't have a problem.

#72 5 years ago

You purchase an "investment" property...but deep inside you really just wanted the space for more pins...

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

you walk straight past your naked wife lying on top of the bed, on the way to the games room ..

Its odd how some will play a 30 year old pin over a 30 year old naked wife, that is some dedication.

#74 5 years ago

i have no idea what any of you crazy people are talking about....

ahhhHHHHHHH...

Lightning-Strike2.jpg

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

You're on here reading this when you're supposed to be working.

My dumbass has actually been late to meetings....because of this website, or Craigslist....

#76 5 years ago

How many stalk Craigslist....like 10-20 times a day.....looking for that 1 good deal? Yeah....I have a problem there.....

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

...and I'll add when you buy a new game and have to leave it in your van for a week until you can figure out where to put it

You know you've in too deep when most of your machines are in storage and you're still buying more! I have three pins set up in the house and two stored in the garage. In the past two months I've purchased FIVE more that I still need to pick up! I have no idea where I'll put these machines! Guess I'll be renting storage until I get my man-cave addition built!

Side note... I have a 3600 sqft house, but I'd be killed if I started placing them in the kitchen, bathroom or dining room! LOL!

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from Toucanf16:

You know you've in too deep when most of your machines are in storage and you're still buying more! I have three pins set up in the house and two stored in the garage. In the past two months I've purchased FIVE more that I still need to pick up! I have no idea where I'll put these machines! Guess I'll be renting storage until I get my man-cave addition built!
    Side note... I have a 3600 sqft house, but I'd be killed if I started placing them in the kitchen, bathroom or dining room! LOL!

3600 sq ft and you can only set up THREE? First world problems?

I have half your square footage and have 6 set up. Only one of them is in the bedroom

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

...Only one of them is in the bedroom

Is the one in the bedroom for mood lighting?

#80 5 years ago

i'd love to see the missus face when i tell her, im putting a pin in our bedroom. WWIII here we go.

#81 5 years ago

I have casually mentioned to my husband that I think we could fit about 3 pins easily into the master bedroom with a little re-arranging. His response was "And we could probably fit another 2 easy in the closet." This is how we get into trouble, we're both enablers. He he. (Our master bedroom was 2 bedrooms converted into one big suite by the former owners, so our closet is 9' x 11.5'. I don't have that many clothes, and we are running out of gameroom space...)

#82 5 years ago

If you have kids, that putting a pin in your bedroom or a bedroom closet makes total sense -- if it is a non family friendly theme -- so, yeah, I need to go buy a non family friendly theme. Hmm, I wonder if that is a search criteria on IPDB

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

have casually mentioned to my husband that I think we could fit about 3 pins easily into the master bedroom with a little re-arranging.

damnit, you havent got a sister with similar interests have you .. ? heh

#84 5 years ago

One sister, married, no interest in pinball. Well, she'll play in our family tournaments but makes fun of us for going to pinball events.
    My husband, myself, and my parents are all pin crazy. It makes it more fun when it's a family thing. We went from none to 10 pins in 1.5 years, and only stopped when we ran out of money, space, and local pins to buy. Husband and I still talk pinball in just about every conversation, and our newest thing is to walk into a room (like an open house for sale, a friend's living room, wherever) and determine how many pinball machines would fit in it. Oh, and try to determine if a pin will fit in whatever random wagon, hatchback, or SUV happens to be in front of us while driving.

#85 5 years ago

similar interests, very nice indeed. seems you and your husband were made for each other.

i could never see you two having a domestic at all... never ... oh, sorry the only time you would possibly have a disagreement is over which pin to get next. : P

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

You move this out of the garage...

So you have room for this instead... lol

Nah, that's just good common sense right there.

#87 5 years ago

I tried to convince my wife that a pinball machine would make a great night-light for the baby's room.

#88 5 years ago

Baby eh? Congrats!

#89 5 years ago

Trying to explain to the wife/girlfriend that Pop Bumper Caps, Pinballs, Playfield Plastics, Plastic Ramps, look great on the Christmas Tree!

#90 5 years ago

all my next tattoos are going to be pinball related.....add to the xtra ball on the knuckles!!!

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Husband and I still talk pinball in just about every conversation, and our newest thing is to walk into a room (like an open house for sale, a friend's living room, wherever) and determine how many pinball machines would fit in it.

Hey BT, I need you and your hubby to come over to my house and figure out how I can get 10 pins in here!

Hey, this could be a great side business for you two.

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Trying to explain to the wife/girlfriend that Pop Bumper Caps, Pinballs, Playfield Plastics, Plastic Ramps, look great on the Christmas Tree!

yeah... i tried & failed at that this last xmas. maybe this year

1 week later
    #93 5 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

» YouTube video

Wow. What a collection.

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Gameroom is so full you have to leave your MM and Banzai Run in the garage for a while.

image-973.jpg 153 KB

Now that's a problem. Build on to the house.

#95 5 years ago

-if you refuse to buy a car because it doesnt have working flipper buttons..
    (come on, we all know theyed be really wonderful in commute traffic!)

10 months later
    #96 4 years ago

...breaking news takes a backseat to trying to determine what pin is in the background

Ferguson.PNG
    1 week later
    #97 4 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

...breaking news takes a backseat to trying to determine what pin is in the background

Ferguson.PNG (Click image to enlarge)

** Spoiler Alert** It's Sopranos, LOL

Chris

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 25.00
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Other
    Great American Pinball
    $ 25.99
    Playfield - Other
    Lee's Parts
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 159.00
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Apparel - Women
    Pinball Wheezer
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.95
    Playfield - Other
    MicksPinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.99
    $ 259.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 15.00
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    DevilsMuse Arcade
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside