(Topic ID: 87891)

You may be into pinball too much if.....

By SilverUnicorn

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 97 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SilverUnicorn
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Ferguson.PNG
    Lightning-Strike2.jpg
    image-973.jpg
    DSC_2151.jpg
    SM16.jpg
    image-13.jpg
    Pinball aprons.jpg
    pac man.gif
    pinball addiction.jpg
    DSC09591.JPG
    504-1.jpeg
    504-2.jpeg

There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

This makes you quote High Speed:

504-1.jpeg

504-2.jpeg

Chris

#2 5 years ago

LOL.

You may be into pinball too much if...

You have no more room or no money yet you think about the next game constantly.

You have 9 games at home but still go out to play on location whenever you get a chance.

You plan vacations around pinball shows or destination places to play pinball.

#3 5 years ago

You negotiate deals for freinds just so you can feel like you just scored a new game.

#4 5 years ago

You have thought about buying duplicates of games you already own when you come across a good deal.

#5 5 years ago

Youve taken over your kids toy&play area for overflow machines

DSC09591.JPG

#6 5 years ago

you walk straight past your naked wife lying on top of the bed, on the way to the games room ..

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

LOL.
    You have 9 games at home but still go out to play on location whenever you get a chance.

Only 3 games for me, but otherwise guilty.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

you walk straight past your naked wife lying on top of the bed, on the way to the games room ..

would have to see photos to know if this qualifies.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

would have to see photos to know if this qualifies.

pics or it didnt happen ? or somethin like that.

#10 5 years ago

Your phone goes off more for Craig's list alerts than for actual contact from another human.

You decide you need a new house for more pin space.

You change careers to make more money just to support pin addiction. (currently in process and guilty)

#11 5 years ago

You set up a separate checking account JUST for pinball that has Paypal and Ebay attached to it and direct deposit from your employer...

#12 5 years ago

is the only free place you have to sleep is under your pins

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

You have thought about buying duplicates of games you already own when you come across a good deal.

I've done that 5 times actually, and still own 4 of them...

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

THIS is where I am at. Hoping to have existing home on market by July/August.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bohdi:

Can't afford that, but it would help to get the kids moved out!

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

And you plan your vacation vehicle not around the most fun or fuel efficient, but the one that can actually hold a pinball machine "just in case."

#17 5 years ago

Yup. The first consideration when buying a vehicle is whether it will hold at least one pinball machine.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

And you plan your vacation vehicle not around the most fun or fuel efficient, but the one that can actually hold a pinball machine "just in case."

My wife gives me that look when I "Jokingly" suggest that...I think she knows that I am not joking...LOL my wife is the best pinball support wife of all time!

#19 5 years ago

Last year on our Florida trip, we could have taken our nice Z4 roadster that gets great gas mileage and would have been nice to drive top-down in the November Florida 80 degree weather. But no... we had to take my parents' Explorer and try to park the damn thing in the teeny Disney parking spots. Then I was seriously disappointed when we didn't bring back a pinball machine. This November we are going back to Florida and IAAPA and the Free Play expo "just happen" to be that week. Decisions, decisions...

Oh, and I am purposely taking my parents with me this June to the Southern Fried Pinball Expo since they have the Explorer. (And more $ than I do.)

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

....You refer to your girlfriend's butt crack as a Shooter Lane.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The old Eight Ball Deluxe eh?

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Youve taken over your kids toy&play area for overflow machines

That's a problem I wouldn't mind having

#23 5 years ago

We're a bunch of sick f**ks , maybe we need an intervention ...

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

You set up a separate checking account JUST for pinball that has Paypal and Ebay attached to it and direct deposit from your employer...

Yup. Direct deposit also. Full disclosure, my wife's knows about it.

And you might be addicted if you skip work to play on your pins, or other pin related activity.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Putting a cliffy protector on her cleavage would be going too far.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Putting a cliffy protector on her cleavage would be going too far.

Cliffy needs one to protect her eyes even more so.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

You nailed it . This is me. Need a dedicated game room in my next place.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

Yup. The first consideration when buying a vehicle is whether it will hold at least one pinball machine.

This is the one place I've held out, luckily I have an awesome pinfriend with a truck around the corner who doesn't mind hearing "craigslist, gotta go now, can you pick me up?" at any time of night.

#29 5 years ago

my next house purchase will be governed by the size of the games room. too small ? no sale.

#30 5 years ago

Pretty much relate to almost everything said here, and I'll add when you buy a new game and have to leave it in your van for a week until you can figure out where to put it

#31 5 years ago

They are in all 3 bedrooms, living room, dining room, and garage, and have 3 overflowing at a friend's house.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

LOL.

Maybe I'm not an addict:

Never care to search for locations, as I have well working ones at home. If I'm somewhere and there is one there, I'll play it at least once, but I don't go out specifically, especially for the newest stern with incomplete code.

The last thing I want to see on a vacation is a pinball machine. I don't even care to hit shows anymore.

I have not and will not ever drain my cash flow down to anywhere near the red line for them.

Despite my wife throwing out the idea of putting them in the unused 4th bedroom if I wanted when working a trade for her second dog, I only want them in the basement.

Buying with no more space - well yeah, I'll give you that one, but I'm getting better. Still, we talked about getting a bigger house, but if I had room for 50, I'd fill it in 3 months up from my 28 now, and then I would have twice the headache with maintenance - NO THANKS!

Checking CL (Kijiji is more popular in Canada) - yeah, daily vice when surfing the internet. There is never anything though, even if there is, you'll never get to it before someone else does.

I don't know, am I an addict? Maybe I'm just the recreational user compared to all you hardcore powder noses

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

They are in all 3 bedrooms, living room, dining room, and garage, and have 3 overflowing at a friend's house.

like this dudes house./apartment whatever it is. but wow. hes single.. so no problem. i think hes got a couple in the kitchen. LOL

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

Pretty much relate to almost everything said here, and I'll add when you buy a new game and have to leave it in your van for a week until you can figure out where to put it

Just drove for 2 weeks with a game in the back of my jeep liberty last month haha. I forgot what it was like to be able to see out of my rear view mirror once it was removed I was amazed at how easy it was to back out of a parking space again.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

like this dudes house./apartment whatever it is. but wow. hes single.. so no problem. i think hes got a couple in the kitchen. LOL
    » YouTube video

WOW

#36 5 years ago

You're on here reading this when you're supposed to be working.

#37 5 years ago

I think someone should tell the Pins everywhere guy how to put games on Free play ! Looks like he never had small kids over with all the keys in the door.

#38 5 years ago

you get a speeding ticket because you were daydreaming about the NIB waiting for you when you get home.

Disclaimer, did not happen to me.

#39 5 years ago

You get an email from a new co-worker named Tom and you think in your head - Theater of Magic

#40 5 years ago

You may be too much into pinball if...
    -Its all you can think about and you are looking for another game while one is on its way
    -Your bucket list is to conquer as many games as possible
    -The only time you let go of a dollar is to get a better grip on it to buy another pinball machine
    -All of your friends and family start calling you "Pinball Wizard"

pinball addiction.jpg pac man.gif Pinball aprons.jpg
    #41 5 years ago

You ask the girlfriend if a engagement pinball machine is ok?

#42 5 years ago

You may be into pinball too much.......if the only photos on your phone are of games and not your kids!

You may be into pinball too much.......While you are playing a game in your dreams, you are pressing your wifes breasts when you sleep, ,,,thinking they are flipper buttons.

(she hates that!)

#43 5 years ago

You remodel rooms in your house so you can fit more pinball machines

#44 5 years ago

You have measured other rooms in your house to determine how many games you can fit.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Speeddemon:

You ask the girlfriend if a engagement pinball machine is ok?

LOL- I have a friend who just got a TZ for engagement-Way to go Todd

#46 5 years ago

Did that! built a room.

#47 5 years ago

you have rearranged your game room numerous times and always seem to find more space to fit just 1 more.

I originally thought 4 would fit, rearranged to fit 6, rearranged again to fit 10, remodeled the dining room and can now fit 4 in there, which means my new limit is 14

Kitchen remodel would make room for 4 more

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

you have rearranged your game room numerous times and always seem to find more space to fit just 1 more.

Yep, I thought I could only fit 6 along one wall as I have a corner piece that comes out at the end for about a foot. I could squeeze another one in the row albeit out of line by one foot, but trying to rationalize that it would be the show piece of the collection and I want to see the cabinet - lol

#49 5 years ago

no you put revenge from mars there........it will line up with the rest

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from zerbam:

no you put Revenge From Mars there........it will line up with the rest

Exactly. There's a lowered ceiling section in my room for duct work and a sitting area beyong it that would otherwise be totally blocked off, and so I thought I couldn't put a pin there. Then I moved RFM over just temporarily so I could put NGG in that spot, and RFM fit so perfectly that it hasn't moved since.

image-13.jpg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 149.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Williamson Pinball Mods
    $ 163.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    £ 55.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.50
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    £ 32.00
    $ 24.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside