New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 137191)

You love incandescent bulb. I've got a bag for you

By flashinstinct

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by flecom
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

#1 5 years ago

FREE. Will sent out when I need to go to the post office. First pm. I think there is bulbs from 6 games in their at the very least.

#4 5 years ago

Gone in less than 4 minutes? Wow

#5 5 years ago

Thank you so much Flashinstinct. ForceFlow I was in at 42 seconds..we met at Rockland pinball..hope to see you tomorrow at Jersey Jack

#6 5 years ago

I always miss out on the good stuff

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

I always miss out on the good stuff

Or you could ask nicely to Iamneo and I could split 50/50.

#8 5 years ago

No I am good have many boxes still.

Always looking for the old brass flashers though. I know I am out of those.

#9 5 years ago

50:50 is a good idea, I am sure the must be another pinsider in need of lighting

#10 5 years ago

God, I have like 10 of those bags packed sitting in a corner somewhere.

#11 5 years ago

I've thought about going into LED love threads and asking to buy up all their old incandesants. Eventhough you don't know how much life is left in them, just put them in easy to access locations. It sure beats them winding up in a landfill with life left in them!

That said, old bulbs are often filthy and new bulbs are almost free, so...

#12 5 years ago

I just give bags for free to people over at my place that use them.

#13 5 years ago

I use incandecents only. But I wouldn't take any free used ones, because they are going to be 44s and 555s, which in my opinion are too hot and will melt plastics and in general generate too much heat. Plus I have read that oI only use new 47s and 159s which run much cooler, although just slightly dimmer (worth the trade off).

#14 5 years ago

I work for an operator and we have somewhere in the ballpark of 12 pins on route and we exclusively use incandescent bulbs for the lamp matrix. I PM'd a couple of guys who had big bags of this stuff just sitting around and probably ended up with at least 400 free bulbs. Shouldn't have to buy any more for the foreseeable future, and on top of that many were high quality American made GE brand lamps. Those are much longer lasting and I stick them in hard to reach places or areas with high vibration.

We have considered going LED + LED OCD but the $200+ per machine cost of doing something like that is far too prohibitive. Plus I personally have a preference for the warm color and fade of incandescents anyway. GI has to be LED on a route game, there are just too many problems with incandescent GI.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

GI has to be LED on a route game, there are just too many problems with incandescent GI.

#16 5 years ago

It's funny, I hate 47s and 555e's, but when I'm looking for a normal strength incandescent in my bags, say for an em, those are the majority I have.

I can see your point on route for sure, but in home use, they are half powered, half bright waste of times for anything I could need.

#17 5 years ago

I had a 5 gallon bucket filled to the top with incandescent bulbs that my kids cleaned and sorted. We set up a page for them on our website to sell them cheap with the proceeds going back to them (likely to be spent on lego and nintendo)

http://firebirdpinball.com/store/mm-bulbs/
    http://firebirdpinball.com/store/mm-bulb-prices/

#18 5 years ago

Those are good bulbs. Especially the GE ones. So many dismiss incandescent bulbs. But they really should be used in backglasses and most GI's. 90% of games look like shit in both of these areas.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I work for an operator and we have somewhere in the ballpark of 12 pins on route and we exclusively use incandescent bulbs for the lamp matrix. I PM'd a couple of guys who had big bags of this stuff just sitting around and probably ended up with at least 400 free bulbs. Shouldn't have to buy any more for the foreseeable future, and on top of that many were high quality American made GE brand lamps. Those are much longer lasting and I stick them in hard to reach places or areas with high vibration.
    We have considered going LED + LED OCD but the $200+ per machine cost of doing something like that is far too prohibitive. Plus I personally have a preference for the warm color and fade of incandescents anyway. GI has to be LED on a route game, there are just too many problems with incandescent GI.

as an OP honestly it's worth going LED (we don't have any LED OCD boards though) I have had machines literally double their earnings at the same location after changing all the lamps to LEDs

#20 5 years ago

Oh I'm sure it's worth it, but it's not something that is in our budget, even without the board. I actually have yet to see an LED OCD board in action, but would love to.

#21 5 years ago

I've seen it in a machine, it's nice, but 99% of the people that pump money into the machines are not going to notice/care

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Other
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 12.95
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 16.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7,500.00
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 29.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside