(Topic ID: 87587)

You know you're a Craigslist spammer when...

By Underspin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Underspin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CL.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

I get it. You want to sell some pinball machines and list in cities other than your own. But because you've been flagged so many times you have to fool the CL filters to repost...only now your "ads" are so convoluted that I can't read them very well....

I don't know. Maybe stick to your own city? Believe us, if it's a good deal we'll find you!!

grandrapids.craigslist.org link

CL.jpgCL.jpg

#2 10 years ago

you post a NIB WOZ for $600.00.. and then try to get people to use Qbids

#3 10 years ago

Why is it that every scummy pin seller has a checkered floor?

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

I get it. You want to sell some pinball machines and list in cities other than your own. But because you've been flagged so many times these past months your titles and descriptions have gotten so convoluted that I can't read them very well....
    I don't know. Maybe stick to your own city? Believe us, if it's a good deal we'll find you!!
    " target="_blank">grandrapids.craigslist.org link CL.jpg 94 KB

Amen to that and thank you posting this !!

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#5 10 years ago

"Lightly shopped"
    Yeah Baby!

#6 10 years ago

Yes. This exactly.
    Do not constantly post several hundred miles from your location.
    That's why CL is organized by area.
    If we want to see what's for sale in Bay City, we'll look at Bay City.

#7 10 years ago

I agree, my other peeve is when people use craigslist as a forum.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Yeah I've seen those retaliation ads by the Craigslist police pop up here and there, though thankfully they tend to get flagged pretty fast as well.

I don't know these people out of Bay City other than they're hobbyists that went brick and mortar. It's an expensive and commendable risk that we as a "pinball community" should back. I see they're having zoning issues and hope for a quick resolve via the SUP they're angling for. But as far as the CL spamming I would hope they'd back off a bit. Those of us that use RSS feeds are having our brains melted from all the ads

http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/index.ssf/2014/04/tilted_by_bay_city_zoning_law.html

#9 10 years ago

You post WAY under going rate "OBO" and then as the offers come in you change the ask to the highest offer. THAT is called an auction.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from cranie:

You post WAY under going rate "OBO" and then as the offers come in you change the ask to the highest offer. THAT is called an auction.

Yep, I walk away......er.....RUN away from those!

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I don't mind it when its funny. There has been an interesting posting in the nh craigslist.

nh.craigslist.org link

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

I don't mind it when its funny. There has been an interesting posting in the nh craigslist.
    nh.craigslist.org link

Whoa! There's a guy with some history...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-youre-a-craigslist-spammer-when and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.