By bigdaddy07

5 years ago

Stats

• 58 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by pezpunk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Dan_rope_champ.JPG

There are 58 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

You flail the ball around for so long without hitting anything the machine starts searching for it.

You get saved by the ball save timer more than once on the same ball.

You are trying to make an important shot and after about 25 shots at it and beating the crap out of the same rubber post, your ball finally drains.

A friend of yours holds the grand champion spot on one of your pins for almost a year and you cannot get it back no matter how much you play.

You find yourself cursing and giving obscene gestures to your pins after nearly every game.

Your average playtime on titles that many boast to be 40 minutes or longer are like 2-3 minutes.

You can play the same game 10-12 times in a row and your results do not improve and in fact get worse.

Oh and what I'm describing above is my own experiences, and yes I do suck. Arrrrrggghhh! Why do I love this hobby?

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Oh and what I'm describing above is my own experiences, and yes I do suck. Arrrrrggghhh! Why do I love this hobby?

I am the same way.. I wonder about why I like it as well

#3 5 years ago

When your 3 year old plays better then you on ACDC pin. Then says its easy.

» YouTube video

#4 5 years ago

lol, that's me on a regular basis.

#5 5 years ago

That all means you are getting better Yes the ball search while playing is classic stuff, I have done and seen that before. I have a general rule, if you shoot at the same target more then 4-5 times and you miss, change your target and go back to it.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

You flail the ball around for so long without hitting anything the machine starts searching for it.

Doing this several times in one ball.

#7 5 years ago

and why is it everytime the extra ball is lit you lose the ball?

funny thing is a hold every champion spot on my friends machine.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

if you shoot at the same target more then 4-5 times and you miss, change your target

Wouldn't that really interrupt flow and get expensive after a while?

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

When your 3 year old plays better then you on ACDC pin. Then says its easy.
    » YouTube video

Thats a classic video Av8!! I can see how repetitive the music is on the AC/DC. I like AC/DC but the same song over and over if dont complete the mode or the ball drains, that would drive me crazy :sick:. Your son was rocking out to it, and doing good. Thanks for sharing that!

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

and why is it everytime the extra ball is lit you lose the ball

or just get a new mode started, or hear "Jackpots are lit" - all seem to invoke a drain.

#11 5 years ago

I think what has helped me the most is trying to do things I'm not good at more often and recognizing mistakes. Like watching a ball hit the top of the sling instead of nudging the ball away. Im way better than I used to be but I still suck at pinball lol

#12 5 years ago

You know you suck and pinball when..

You suck, and then go play pinball! LOL

Seriously, when everytime you get multiball the balls make a bee line straight down the middle. .

#13 5 years ago

Sealclubber stopped by my house tonight to pickup a couple things. We talked a while and looked at the PF I am shopping. He then decides to play a couple games on CP. I used to have the initials locked up with mine, now he is the jump rope champ with 30. I hate the rope because I usually only get 18-20. I played a while after he left and I kept getting worse. I thought I had hit bottom and then I actually scored a zero on the rope. I even showed "ZERO" on the display. At least it did not laugh at me.

SC initials are DEL and mine are DEY, maybe I will just tell everybody I missed up putting my own initials in the pin. Dan_rope_champ.JPG

#14 5 years ago

That game is just too easy. lol. I think that is only the third time I did the ropes.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

That all means you are getting better Yes the ball search while playing is classic stuff, I have done and seen that before. I have a general rule, if you shoot at the same target more then 4-5 times and you miss, change your target and go back to it.

I find that if I am missing the shots and hitting the posts I aim for the posts.
    I still miss the shot and hit the post but figure since I am hitting what I am shooting at that is an improvement.

#16 5 years ago

Wait! You forgot one!

You play so poorly that the williams "." on the DMD shows up, letting you know that a switch is broken! Yet it's not, you just play that badly!

-Aaron

Iowa Pinball Club

#17 5 years ago

the harder I try, the worse I do. I have found margaritas, however, improve my game play.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

the harder I try, the worse I do. I have found margaritas, however, improve my game play.

Isn't that the truth! Just like golf, I play much better after I have a few drinks of what I call "swing well"......maybe that's why I pin better after a six pack of "flip well"

#19 5 years ago

If nine out of ten times when you redline the fourth gear, you hear the ball draining between the words "supercharger" and "ready".

#20 5 years ago

Causing the game to reset by double flipping too many times.

2 months later
    #21 5 years ago

The perfectly good switches inside my Borg ship on sttng shows up in test report..

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderpants:

The perfectly good switches inside my Borg ship on sttng shows up in test report..

I think I have that issue on several of my pins...

#23 5 years ago

If a Tron (LE or Pro) says: "why do I feel like I just got dunked on" . . . it is because you were . . .

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

You find yourself cursing and giving obscene gestures to your pins after nearly every game.

If I had a dollar for every time I called EATPM a whore, I could buy a NIB X-Men!!

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

You get saved by the ball save timer more than once on the same ball.

You are trying to make an important shot and after about 25 shots at it and beating the crap out of the same rubber post, your ball finally drains.

A friend of yours holds the grand champion spot on one of your pins for almost a year and you cannot get it back no matter how much you play.

Your average playtime on titles that many boast to be 40 minutes or longer are like 2-3 minutes.

You can play the same game 10-12 times in a row and your results do not improve and in fact get worse.

You were'nt watching me play were you?

#26 5 years ago

So many true here for me. 5 yr old can sometimes beat me in a two player game. High score set by guests. Occasional credit on games where I don't make shots often.

#27 5 years ago

I hear this all the time..."here is another ball".....

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

Thunderpants said:The perfectly good switches inside my Borg ship on sttng shows up in test report..
    I think I have that issue on several of my pins...

Lol that Borg ship is a bitch to hit. Have to nail the delta ramp twice. I can barely get it once

#29 5 years ago

My friends are better at my own pins than I am because they actually get to play them while I'm elbows deep in another machine. More of my pin time is spent working on them than actual ball time... I think this is true for many of us. As soon as one's finished we obtain another to tinker with.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

after about 25 shots at it and beating the crap out of the same rubber post,

You are singing my song, What's my name on here

1 month later
    #31 5 years ago

You play a game of BSD and realize that the ball did not touch the flippers once

#32 5 years ago

"You flail the ball around for so long without hitting anything the machine starts searching for it"

That's hilarious...

#33 5 years ago

How about this one to add:

You know your not great but you get the bright idea to start nudging. You recall hearing or seeing all the good players and pros doing it. So low and behold you try and now your ball play time actually goes down!!!! Welcome to my world lol:)

PBD

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

Sealclubber stopped by my house tonight to pickup a couple things. We talked a while and looked at the PF I am shopping. He then decides to play a couple games on CP. I used to have the initials locked up with mine, now he is the jump rope champ with 30. I hate the rope because I usually only get 18-20. I played a while after he left and I kept getting worse. I thought I had hit bottom and then I actually scored a zero on the rope. I even showed "ZERO" on the display. At least it did not laugh at me.
    SC initials are DEL and mine are DEY, maybe I will just tell everybody I missed up putting my own initials in the pin.

Actually, on CP's which are setup standard where the ball pops up a couple inches, it's normal for 30 jumps on every game. We used to actually get tired of putting initials in on every game, lol. We'd actually have more than one of us in a multiplayer game who had 30, but it's the last person who puts in initials.

Now you can lower the coil and decrease the ball height and make the jump rope WAY more difficult, I played one at RMPS several years ago where the ball barely cleared the rope every time.. now that took some skill and I bet nobody is getting 30 jumps every time. Conversely, the Speed Bag is very tough to get to 30 on.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

or just get a new mode started, or hear "Jackpots are lit" - all seem to invoke a drain.

Haha, yeah for me it's either 2x scoring or an EB award.. the ball seems to find an outlane any way it can immediately once I get either of those.

#36 5 years ago

"If nine out of ten times when you redline the fourth gear, you hear the ball draining between the words "supercharger" and "ready"."

GUILTY AS CHARGED. That ball is sentient and knows the second that mode starts.

Either that or it turns into a postfest. I once went the entire 30 seconds in Supercharger mode and scored absolutely nothing other than the 5M for starting.

It's sad that most of my points on that game come from video mode 5th gear video mode is worth as much as the jackpot. That's just not right

#37 5 years ago

when 85% of all your points come from video mode

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

Interesting comment... I also am quite bad at pinball, but also love it. However, one of the last games I did really well in was after I got home from being under from the medicine(s) used for my colonoscopy. Besides the clean results (yea!), maybe having to be in the restroom for the entire day before the procedure was worth it. Lol!

#39 5 years ago

when your score on MM is less than 750k ...

#40 5 years ago

When you miss the Ark shot on Stern's Indiana Jones...

#41 5 years ago

When you show your buddy who knows nothing about pinball how to do a post-pass then fail miserably... When he tries it the very next game and gets it...... Uuuggghhhh....

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

funny i play better with a Gin & Tonic....or 2.

#43 5 years ago

When on DE Star Wars I get sick of hearing C3PO screaming "What are you doing?"

#44 5 years ago

As soon as Double Scoring on IM is enabled, I drain...uggggghhh....

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That happend to me the other day, iot made me laugh, glad I'm not the only one though!

#46 5 years ago

When your sick to death of doing the ramps on Fish Tales and never getting the F*****G monster fish!!

#47 5 years ago

Or getting Rock The Boat or Feed Frenzy and your 3rd ball just drains......

#48 5 years ago

Not even hitting Balrog on fellowship MB on LOTR

#49 5 years ago

When you start swearing and shouting at your pin so loudly your neighbour calls the police thinking there's a domestic going on!

#50 5 years ago

When your friends won't play with you because they think you're hustling them, but then they do, and they beat you, and you really were trying.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Mafia
    $ 12.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 29.25
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    The MOD Couple
    Apparel - Unisex
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Toppers
    liorillusion
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Customs
    $ 5,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 199.99
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 53.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Chrome Candy
    $ 143.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pin Bright
    There are 58 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 346 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside