• Latest reply 3 months ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230128_214549 (resized).jpg

#1 10 months ago

You know that you're addicted to your new game when _______________.

That's what I've been thinking about since last night when the following happened.

As the (Gomez) Bond code has progressed, I've been playing my Bond LE more frequently. In fact, these past few weeks, I've played (and enjoyed) so many games that when I shifted to play the EM games in my line-up, my muscle-memory kept activating the left flipper at the plunge. My left hand was defiant. I must conclude that I'm addicted to the cornerstone 007 game.

For those unfamiliar with the Stern Bond games, pressing the left flipper button opens a top gate, allowing the player to attempt a variety of cool skill shots.

If you're also addicted to a new game, fill in the blank and post.

You know that you're addicted to your new game when ______________.

(e.g. the Publisher's Clearinghouse prize presenter is ringing your doorbell and instead of opening the door, you cue up a 4 player game for yourself.)

20230128_214549 (resized).jpg20230128_214549 (resized).jpg
#2 10 months ago

Are you addicted to your Pulp Fiction yet?

#3 10 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Are you addicted to your Pulp Fiction yet?

I will be happy to have my Pulp Fiction game this time next year. The timetable is a mystery.

After playing Pulp Fiction at Pinfest and watching others play it, I've never been so excited about a new game.

My collection has always been EM heavy so a single level game like PF fits my preference well. Nevertheless, I think that the phenomenal execution of PF will appeal to most enthusiasts. Check back with me when my PF LE is delivered to see if I'm doing the twist in my basement. ;>

#4 10 months ago

I'm not addicted to any particular game really - just pinball in general.

I do enjoy playing Bond though - such a fun shooting game and lots more to come with the code! I was also sorry to hear Jeff Teolis trash it in the last Final Round podcast episode. Very undeserved.

#5 10 months ago

You know that you're addicted when you stay up late playing in the wild knowing you have to get up for work at 5am.

#6 10 months ago
Quoted from ZNET:

I will be happy to have my Pulp Fiction game this time next year. The timetable is a mystery.
After playing Pulp Fiction at Pinfest and watching others play it, I've never been so excited about a new game.
My collection has always been EM heavy so a single level game like PF fits my preference well. Nevertheless, I think that the phenomenal execution of PF will appeal to most enthusiasts. Check back with me when my PF LE is delivered to see if I'm doing the twist in my basement. ;>

Pulp is the best of all the new games I played at MGC recently, not even close…

#7 10 months ago

You know when you are addicted when you dream about the road trip. Drove from SF Bay Area to below San Diego and back in one day. 16 hours on the road to trade a Stern Star Trek for a Stern Star Wars.... I I am a Star Wars enthusiasts. Love the hunt.

#8 10 months ago

You know that you're addicted when you have dreams about playing pinball. No specific game, but the overall mechanics of the ball moving around the playfield. I have this dream at least a few times a week now. I find it's actually keeping me up, because if I wake up the "dream continues" as my mind is imagining the mechanics over and over again. I have to do meditative exercises in the middle of the night to try to fall back asleep when this happens.

But everything's cool...(!)

#9 10 months ago

You know you're addicted when,
you tell yourself and spouse you need to make room and sell 3 games.
You sell the three game and feel like you finally have some much needed space. Then two weeks later you purchased 3 more game. Cycle that I just can't break.

#10 10 months ago

You know you're addicted when you visit Pinside several times a day and also writes in threads named "you know you're addicted when...".

#11 10 months ago

You know your addicted when you get home with a new pin from a long trip and the 1st thing you do is search for pinball machines on Offerup/Marketplace/Craigslist

#12 10 months ago

You know you’re addicted when …. You go to bed and you lay there wide awake,after playing two straight hours of MET, and get up again two play just a few more games !!!

#13 10 months ago

You know you’re addicted when you sell a 37’ offshore boat that was paid for just to use the money to buy 10 modern pins!

#14 10 months ago

When you lube up the shooter knob and bend over and back right into it. Yeeeehawwwwwww

#15 10 months ago

When you don’t even look at the project and just have them dropped off lol

#16 10 months ago

You know you are addicted when......
You buy a pin.....
You don't really want, you have no room for,
But you buy it, because. ...
It's a pin.

6 months later
#17 3 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'm not addicted to any particular game really - just pinball in general.
I do enjoy playing Bond though - such a fun shooting game and lots more to come with the code! I was also sorry to hear Jeff Teolis trash it in the last Final Round podcast episode. Very undeserved.

Just played a lot of it at DPC. Much better code now and more fun. Still a little clunky to me, but to each their own. Not a fan of the jetpack MB start area.

#18 3 months ago

Building another 2,400 sq. ft. of game room because the 1st 1,200 won't hold any more machines..

#19 3 months ago

When you go to start a game on a launch button machine and reach for the plunger.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Canyon Lake, CA
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Lockport, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 23.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-re-addicted-when-blank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.