(Topic ID: 207138)

You know You Made it in this Hobby When .....

By SteveinTexas

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by boilerman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boilerman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

i did that as a favor and think i did it for 600 maybe less.(only repainted the mt cab) really don't want that kind of attention. i do it as a hobby not a business. i like to fly under the radar.
i am picky on who i do work for lately.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I remember a guy on here posted he was looking for a guy near Pa. to paint his CF cabinet maybe 6 months ago, and I said to look up boilerman.
If it's the same guy, I'm sorry.

that was him, but not your fault. he asked and i said yes. if i knew it was going to be flipped i most likely would of passed

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveinTexas:

That is how I meant the thread. If you notice the game is not complete yet and has no playfield shown. All that money asked is because of our buddy Boilerman.
Sorry Dave if I unfairly put you in the spotlight, but I am sure you know I meant it as a compliment.
However, if it sells you got to put your prices way up!

steve i knew you meant it as a compliment, and thanks. if it was posted here for sale and he put my name on it i really would not be bothered. it is on flebay and that is the spotlight light i don't want. i do these repaints pretty cheap compared to some of the big guys. i only try and do them for other collectors for there on use and not to turn a profit. it is just a hobby and would like to help others when i can. most know that i really like the restoration part of the hobby and if i can restore a game for someone so they can enjoy it, it is a win win for me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boilerman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-made-it-in-this-hobby-when?tu=boilerman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.