Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RTS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

200 (1).gif
    27010341-96F5-4632-A553-09EF28630DD4 (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

I buy a lot stuff for game house. Lots of pins but other vid and toys too. Anyway the fed ex tells me today when dropping off my dead pool Le, he wants my personal info so he can give me better service (time frame) I always grease him 10-20 bucks and he has probably been to my house 20-30 times. Super nice guy but just thought man it is pretty sad I am becoming friends with the delivery guy.

As for dead pool. Played about 5 games. Fun but so far in ain’t no Iron Maiden!

#2 5 years ago

Maybe he wants to take you out for dinner and dancing?

#4 5 years ago

did you give him your social security # and your checking account #?

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

did you give him your social security # and your checking account #?

I gave him that info the time before.

#6 5 years ago

You "grease" your Fedex guy $10-20 each time? No wonder he wants you personal info.

#7 5 years ago

Yes he wheels the game where ever I need it and then stays for 10-15 minutes while I unbox and inspect the game. He certainly doesn’t have to do that. Also it is clear if there is any damage he will make sure it gets taken care of on his end.

#8 5 years ago

You trust FED EX to deliver your LE's????
    I honestly didn't even know this was an option.
    Cable Guy lol Im thinkin the beginning of Ace Ventura....YIKES!

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I honestly didn't even know this was an option.

Me either. First time I've heard of fedex delivering pins.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Played about 5 games. Fun but so far in ain’t no Iron Maiden!

Excellent! Variety in pinball, as in life, is a good thing!

Thanks Fed-Ex guy!

27010341-96F5-4632-A553-09EF28630DD4 (resized).jpeg27010341-96F5-4632-A553-09EF28630DD4 (resized).jpeg

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Me either. First time I've heard of fedex delivering pins.

FedEx Freight has been doing LTL for years. I had a Road Show FedEx'd from Munich, Germany to Birmingham, AL in 3 days back around 2002....

#12 5 years ago

200 (1).gif200 (1).gif

#13 5 years ago

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

[quoted image]

Notice he is wearing brown!! Lol. That’s the other guys!! The purple guys take very good care of the packages!!

#15 5 years ago

Wish I had you on my route. I bust my ass and no one gives me shit. Did get bit by a dog last week though... so there’s that.

Good for you for hooking him up though (even though it’s totally against corporate policy lol)

#16 5 years ago

I have had lots of games shipped fed ex and never had an issue. Just in the last little bit, Iron Maiden, Dead Pool, pac man battle royale and super Chex bubble hockey. Maybe I am lucky but they have been really good. I am in the middle of no where and some of the other shipping companies come once a week with little or no communication.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Wish I had you on my route. I bust my ass and no one gives me shit. Did get bit by a dog last week though... so there’s that.
    Good for you for hooking him up though (even though it’s totally against corporate policy lol)

I hook all delivery guys up. Next time they always show up with a smile! Worth it for a couple bucks.

#18 5 years ago

More info on this Fedx shipping please.

#19 5 years ago

I would just be happy if Fedex would deliver to the right house in my neighborhood. The regular driver even put a detailed description in the notes for my address, and the fill-in guys still drop it somewhere else.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Yes he wheels the game where ever I need it and then stays for 10-15 minutes while I unbox and inspect the game. He certainly doesn’t have to do that. Also it is clear if there is any damage he will make sure it gets taken care of on his end.

I think he just wants to be friends.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I would just be happy if Fedex would deliver to the right house in my neighborhood. The regular driver even put a detailed description in the notes for my address, and the fill-in guys still drop it somewhere else.

I do door to door delivery. Some houses are just difficult to find. No house numbers, shared laneways, laneways coming out on side streets, houses hiding behind other houses, house numbers divided at cross streets not making sense.

If the regular driver has to make a detailed note on how to find your address, then maybe it’s not totally the drivers fault. I run into a lot of hard to find places.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I do door to door delivery. Some houses are just difficult to find. No house numbers, shared laneways, laneways coming out on side streets, houses hiding behind other houses, house numbers divided at cross streets not making sense.
    If the regular driver has to make a detailed note on how to find your address, then maybe it’s not totally the drivers fault. I run into a lot of hard to find places.

Its not real hard, regular guy just said they have some super lazy fill-in drivers in their terminal right now...its in a row between 196 and 200, with numbers right on the front. No trickery here. Another one is skipping the 10:30 am priority overnight deadline and saying they attempted delivery but nobody was home, alert said they left a door tag, but they didn't. Camera proves they never even came on my street. They fully intended on dropping it at 3pm when it fit the route better. They never even came by the house, because they assumed I wasn't home due to the residential address. But I was there, waiting for it. I've had 22 priority overnight shipments in the last month....so this wasn't a new thing for anyone.

#23 5 years ago

All I have pictured in my head now is a FedEx guy caught on a security camera lifting a NIB game over his head and tossing it over the fence just like they do with all the other packages.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

they have some super lazy fill-in drivers

Ya, that will do it also. Good temp workers are hard to find.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

FedEx Freight has been doing LTL for years. I had a Road Show FedEx'd from Munich, Germany to Birmingham, AL in 3 days back around 2002....

That's gotta cost a bit!!

#26 5 years ago

What are you tipping the Fed Ex guy for? Pin deliveries or non-pinball deliveries, or both? I'm legitimately asking and not in a "they don't deserve a tip!!!11" way either. I can't even really recall the last time I was home for a Fed Ex/UPS delivery, let alone had a chance to tip them. I think the last one I was home for they just ran up, left the package, rang the bell and the truck was gone by the time I got to the door. Do they prioritize on their route or something or just doing it to be nice? Genuinely curious!

#27 5 years ago

You're lucky. The delivery guys here don't even do that anymore.

#28 5 years ago

In my mind fed ex freight is different then fed ex. Freight is delivering me a multi thousand dollar item that they have to use a lift gate and wheel into my garage. They are not just throwing some package on the porch and rolling out.

#29 5 years ago

I had one NIB game delivered FedEx. There was a hole in the box. Opened it before I accepted delivery and there was damage to the side of the head from a fork lift. I got it replaced but it was a lot of phone calls, paperwork and hassle. Maybe just bad luck, but will stuck with R and L and STI after that.

#30 5 years ago

Fedex was the supreme overnight delivery company in the 80's/90's.

Now they are indistinguishable.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-got-a-problem-when-the-fed-ex-guy-asks-for-your-info?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.