Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,617 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN9010 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20240424_173431.jpg
    438712280_7241935899188350_8066440579298486095_n (resized).jpg
    MV5BMWE3ZThjM2UtMTg2NS00NjY3LTk5ZGEtMTdlYmY3OGE2ZmZlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steveo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#806 5 years ago

I had to explain to one of my employees what dial up was for connecting to the internet.

#817 5 years ago

I remember when cars in the oncoming lane would flash their high beams if officer friendly was waiting with his radar gun.

#846 5 years ago

I remember when gas stations would give you a free glass with an 8 gallon fill up. I still have some of them.

#863 5 years ago

I remember when there were no self-serve gas stations. Attendants would check your oil level and air for your tires was free.

#919 5 years ago

I have not needed an alarm clock for 15 years and am always on time for work.

Hearing Jethro Tull (Living in the Past) on Muzak in the grocery store was a bummer. Then again, I have not heard Muzak in a long time.

Try explaining what a slide rule is to someone in their 20's.

#951 5 years ago

There used to be Generic beer which great for a student on a budget, something like $1.10 for a 6 pack. Usually I got PBR tall boys.

Billy Beer was the worst beer I ever had back in the day.

2 months later
    #1086 5 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Most ticket prices for concerts in St. Louis in the late 60's to early 70's were $4.00, $5.00 and $6.00. My friends and I could only afford the cheap seats. That's how much difference a dollar or two would make at the time. I was then making a buck and a quarter an hour.

My Student Government fees at school helped keep concert ticket prices low in the late 70's. I saw concerts like Blue Oyster Cult, Johnny Winter, Foreigner, Marshall Tucker, and Harry Chapin for $4.00 each. I stupidly passed on seeing Billy Joel back then. I paid around $100 to see Joel more recently.

10 months later
    #1348 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

...when you watch Jeopardy.

When you remember Art Fleming as the host and Don Pardo as the announcer on Jeopardy!

#1374 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Besides Bob Barker, Gene Rayburn was always my favorite host[quoted image]

I remember Gene Rayburn when he hosted the original Match Game.

#1376 4 years ago

I'm convinced Betty White has been on every TV show.

#1392 4 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Christmas ornaments had yellowed, dried fake snow specs from 1966.
    You re-wrapped presents and put them back under the tree after opening them at 230.
    You know at least one person who had their tree thrown outside on Christmas Eve by their Husband/Wife.
    You patched a VW muffler with a beer can and clamps. You participated in "Lift the front end of a Beetle with the old style front bumper Contest"
    You know what "Deez and Doze are" You Clam, or never could do it but knows a friend who Clams.

Growing up, everyone had outdoor Christmas lights that had real bulbs. As kids, we would take a couple bulbs off someones strings. They made loud noises when you smashed them.

1 week later
    #1429 4 years ago
    Quoted from TDK-WPG:

You're old when these were what you used to write your first computer program. You're really old when you remember keeping these as a souvenir in a really safe place, but take months to remember where exactly they were stashed.[quoted image]

I remember the punchcards using PL-1 in my college computer class. If you made one error on the card you were screwed.

I tried explaining punchcards to some of the youngsters at work. They had no idea what I was talking about or that computers used to be the size of a room.

#1443 4 years ago

I never could figure out how to use one of these...

Figure1_Multiplication_C-D (resized).jpgFigure1_Multiplication_C-D (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steveo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-?tu=steveo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.