Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,606 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    chip can (resized).jpg
    IMG_4874 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-07-13-43-03-50_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quicksilvershelby.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#568 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Yeah, and then you go to bed and can't sleep and find yourself nodding off all day long.

No kidding. I couldn't fall asleep until 1:00 am last night and I woke up at 5:00 am this morning. SHIT! 4 hours. I can't wait to fall asleep at my desk or some other strange spot........ like in my truck while waiting at a red light.

QSS

1 month later
    #741 5 years ago

Ya ever wake up in the morning and reach down to put your socks on and tweak your back and your F'ed up for three days? Ya ever do that?

QSS

1 week later
    #805 5 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Attending a meeting at work, and you are older than everyone in the room.
    Including your supervisor, and the company CEO.

Damn that's old. What are you, like, 42 or something ancient like that?

QSS

1 week later
    #893 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I bought a new pack of socks last week and I am really happy with how comfy they are and how good they make my feet feel. Ahhh...
    I am only 47

Now you just have to buy some custom orthotics to go with those comfy new socks. I promise you, you'll seriously drool at how good your feet feel. I've had mine for 6 years.

I am only 49

QSS

1 month later
    #1012 5 years ago

Or you are reading a thread and you have to look at the thread topic while reading the posts cause you can't remember which thread you just walked into to catch up on.

QSS

4 weeks later
    #1051 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

When you ask for and receive a Bird Feeder and Feed for your birthday. I really enjoy seeing the all the different types of birds visiting the feeder. I will start naming them soon.
    And don’t worry I have the tube thingy connected to the pole the feeder is on to block those pesky squirrels.

When you read a post about bird feeders, click on a link about bird feeders, start reading about bird feeders and you begin to consider what bird feeder would best suit your needs, even though you never had the want or need for a bird feeder.

QSS

#1056 5 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

... so what kind of feeder
    'ya gonna get?

Either that one that sticks to the glass with the clear plexiglass, so I can look at all the little birds up close, or that one that chucks the squirrels off when they try and get at the bird seed. I live on the edge of the forest with a ton of squirrels around and I figure that would be a metric ton of free entertainment for me.

A "metric ton" of fun is about 2.8 times more fun than a "shit ton" of fun so when you weigh out the pros of receiving a metric ton of fun vs receiving a shit ton of fun,...... well it seams pretty obvious doesn't it?

QSS

#1062 5 years ago

Yeah but look at all the arts and crafts you can do after they get plugged. Kinda like recycling don't ya think?
    QSS
    squirrel (resized).jpgsquirrel (resized).jpg

squirrel 2 (resized).jpgsquirrel 2 (resized).jpgsquirrel 3 (resized).jpgsquirrel 3 (resized).jpgsquirrel 4 (resized).jpgsquirrel 4 (resized).jpg
    #1063 5 years ago

That last little guy kinda reminds me of me on a ruckus Friday night.

QSS

2 months later
    #1162 5 years ago

You know your old when you wonder "why aren't there more damn posts in the, You know you are old when" thread.

QSS

4 months later
    #1246 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:When I was 12 or 13, one of my school chum's dad died. He was an old man when he died at 50 years old. Well, I will be 67 in two more days and when I read the obits and see someone checked out at 50, I find my self thinking he was so young. Hell, my grandpa was young 83 years old when he died.
    I recently got a speeding ticket in New Mexico for going WAY over the speed limit. The officer had some gray hair on but since he was still working he was obviously younger than me. As he handed me my ticket, driver's license, and insurance card, he just told me to not to forget to fasten my seatbelt. No lecture but he did give me that ticket.
    I have not had anybody call me grandpa, yet.
    And no one has called me dad. Or old timer.

Nice story pops.

QSS

2 weeks later
    #1275 4 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

You know you're old when all the women starring in "MILF" videos are younger than you.

At least the GILF's are still older, right!??

QSS

3 months later
    #1343 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Also your Mom, would not let you go to school with ripped pants or shirt.

When I thought your mom was a hot looking older lady........ she was like 38 years old.

QSS

2 weeks later
    #1431 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Jerks his hand up, clears an impaction, and in 15 minutes I am all better.

What the f#ck does that mean? You had an angry dookie lodged up there?

QSS

6 months later
    #1805 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

When everyone you meet calls your "sir".
    For at least 30 years I have been telling people I am not a sir, just call me "hey man".

Will do sir.

QSS

#1839 3 years ago

You know what's crazy? You keep thinking that your chest pains could be the end but they are not. Yet, one day those chest pains are gonna be the real deal, you're gonna know it and a few minutes later that's gonna be it. You'll be dead and it's gonna suck . It's not gonna suck for you, cause your gonna be dead, but it's gonna suck for your wife/family/friends. They love you and they are gonna miss you.

Try not to worry about it, "nobody gets out alive". We're all gonna die. Just try and enjoy the ride, cause it's a damn fun ride.

QSS

4 months later
    #2274 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

When it takes you all night to do what you used to do all night.
    LTG : )

When it takes me nearly 24 hours to get the joke.

I get it now.............

QSS

1 week later
    #2344 3 years ago

When you reference an Andrew Dice Clay Limerick.

QSS

1 week later
    #2443 3 years ago

Or like throwing a hot dog down a hallway.

QSS

1 month later
    #2731 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Me too. One day I was in a store of size and some old guy's telephone started ringing. LOUD! I'm thinking, damn, a phone with a ringer I can hear. I went over and asked him what kind of phone he had. He had a Kyocera flip phone.
    Hell, with my iPhone, I can barely hear the gd thing ringing when it is my shirt pocket when I have a coat on. Any Android phones I have heard ring are not any better.

So you can't hear the phone ringing and therefore you don't answer it. Sounds like a great solution. Do you really want to answer every call you get? Half of them are trash anyway.

QSS

#2753 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

When it takes 58 years, but you've finally turned into your dad.

It's good that after 58 years you realize that. I believe most guys are very similar to their dad by the time they are in there mid 40's. By the time they hit 50 they are a photo copy of their dad. That's pretty much how it all panned out for me.

I miss my dad, he died 5 years ago but all I have to do is look in the mirror and there he is. I'm 51.......Damn!!!

Our dads are awesome.

QSS

1 month later
    #2946 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Vintage hottie of March?
    If no other suggestions, then 15 08 05 is hottie of March.
    [quoted image]

That's a dude, it's obvious. Look at the bone.

QSS

3 weeks later
    #2989 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:Deleted post

Funny, in this day and age of the "Me too" movement I won't comment or acknowledge the ladies anymore. If they are intellectually stimulating, attractive, charming or bubbly with a great smile, I'll just keep my head down, my eyes to myself and my mouth shut. I feel bad for the playful guys and girls of the world who mean no harm to each other. In this day and age I think that flirting with the opposite sex is extremely sketchy and potentially hazardous.

Yep, I'm old and I miss those days of innocent flirting.

QSS

1 month later
    #3265 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Actually, bowling a 300 perfect game is rolling 12 consecutive strikes in a game.

Are there no other damn bowlers here that can offer up a simple "thumbs up" for this post!!!!?
    jrpinball speaks FACTS and nobody can agree?

Has our world gone mad!!!??

QSS

#3266 2 years ago

You damn whipper snappers are probably more interested in redemption games or freaking interactive online gaming.

After all, who gives a good god damn shit about simple bowling facts.

I'm heading over to The Big Lebowski thread. At least they talk sense over there. To hell with ya all!!!!

QSS

#3267 2 years ago

I know I'm old ........ see previous 2 posts.

QSS

#3268 2 years ago

And get.......

off......

my.......

lawn..........

QSS

#3271 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

And stop "throwing" those bowling balls!

YEAH!!!!! STOP IT ya jarhead sons's a bitches!

#3272 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

And just a little bit crotchety, too

You got that right.....prick!

QSS

5 months later
    #3629 2 years ago

Sexologist..........intriguing.

QSS

3 months later
    #4132 2 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

You know you are old, if you know what this is:[quoted image]

Is that a time machine from 1948?

QSS

4 months later
    #4732 1 year ago
    Quoted from lowbeau67:

Id
    like to comment on this also as a fellow veteran.
    Totally agree with what you wrote. That saying seems
    basically played out.
    Also I've seen and heard on this forum people playing the
    Veteran card to excuse their offensive/dickish posts when
    in a disagreement. That makes me so pissed.
    When I served in the Seabees from 88-91 there were some
    guys who were total moronic douches that you couldn't
    trust/depend on and to me should have gotten the boot.
    Most of my fellow seabees became like brothers and we went through good and bad times together. Fantastic memories!
    So not everyone that served is some saint or hero and usually
    the guys thumping their chests about their service come across
    to me as big mouth phonies.
    I'm a veteran and proud of it . Love my country.
    Just had to get that off my chest

Thank you for your service

QSS

#4735 1 year ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Thank you for your service
    QSS

Said the Canadian, with gratitude, to the American because otherwise I might be speaking Russian

QSS

3 weeks later
    #4937 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

When you take time to think through this photo.
    This happened this morning in Edmonton, the car left the roadway approaching the bridge. That is a walkway in the fore ground. The car should not of been on that. If the car bounced differently, the occupants would have been in the river, most likely to be missing for awhile. With the car ending up parked like that, had the police questioning, how it happened?
    [quoted image]

Of course this happened in Edmonton. I grew up in Edmonton and this image is par for the course. I say "well done, well done", amazing bit of driving/drifting/xgames trick riding. Edmonton rocks!!!!

QSS

6 months later
    #5466 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

You know you're old when you remember the days when a brand new pinball machine was under $1,000 dollars.

Damn you must be old...... like 75 years old?

QSS

2 months later
    #5712 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

We’re here to see Rick Wakeman tonight. Gray and white hair abound. I literally see nobody under 50 here.
    [quoted image]

I'm 54. Who the hell is Rick Wakeman? Is he a funny man joke maker?

QSS

1 month later
    #5823 11 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Thank you. I have no idea about a Dutchman passing on the left side. And I am still clueless, so someone help me out here
    Music: I pretty much like it all. jazz, country ( Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash etc.), pop, top 40, metal, etc., although I still struggle with opera
    Almost every artist has one song I like. The Beatles and The Eagles are a clean sweep, though; Every song of theirs is a winner.

QSS

1 week later
    #5847 11 months ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

When you get your first colonoscopy....
    Monday, fellas......

Here's how thing will play out for ya, complete with video....... It'll be ok.......It'll be ok. Just keep telling yourself that
    Just skip to the video.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-am-being-abducted-by-an-alien-on-dec-24th-anal-probe-

QSS

#5849 11 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Haha, and you got bitched at by levi.

Yeah, he wasn't happy at all with my post. It must have touched a nerve.

But to me and my stupid sense of humor, my post was a-ok which is all that matters cause in the end, it's all about me.

QSS

4 weeks later
    #5917 10 months ago

I'd go see Santana, Beck, The Offspring and Fall Out Boy. I'm 54 and I think these artists would play to some of my musical tastes from the past 50 years.

A couple months ago I saw the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Muse in Vegas. The Peppers were a real good show and the fact that they played in Allegiant is a testament to their fan following and popularity. The older crowd was really into it and I enjoyed it a great deal.

But Muse...... damn! They played in T-Mobile which was my first time to see them and what a show they put on. The energy of the band, the much younger audience, the songs and the production were incredible. That sort of show really invigorates me and makes me feel like a 20 year old all over again. That's one of the main reasons I still like going to shows, these younger acts are just so energetic and the enthusiasm is infectious.

QSS

#5928 10 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

This girl? She's good!

Bitter Sweet Symphony is such a great song and its worthy of a violinist with talent like this young one.

QSS

6 months later
    #6866 3 months ago

See next post.

QSS

#6867 3 months ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

I've got one of these in a garage of mine. A few years ago I was tearing down a house to redevelop into a 4plex. The house was built in the 40's and there was one of these washers, left behind by the people who sold me the house, and it was in mint condition. It was in such nice shape I couldn't just landfill it so I took it and put it in one of my garages.

And there it'll sit......... unit the day I die......... and then my kids will throw it in the landfill. It's the circle of life.

QSS

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quicksilvershelby.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-?tu=quicksilvershelby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.