Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,612 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    chip can (resized).jpg
    IMG_4874 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-07-13-43-03-50_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

When hair starts to grow in places it didn't before.

Ear hair. Why the f' is hair growing out of my ears and how do I make it stop?

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Like this doc? I wouldn’t have e.d. If she was my doc....I’m getting old.........

That ain't the circumference of anybody's flaccid penis.

1 week later
    #255 5 years ago

I'll admit it. We sometimes play bingo.

1 week later
    #414 5 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

We watched "Mechanized death" Good stuff.

I remember that one. Not watching it again When I was in the military we had a state trooper give a presentation with accident photos. I vividly remember this young guy's head just sitting in the middle of the road looking right back at ya. I believe they said he was on a motorcycle and his neck hit a sign at just the right angle to take it clean off. Yuck!

1 year later
    #1976 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

How about Slim Whitman?

Indian Love Call - Mars Attacks!

5 months later
    #2779 3 years ago

Does term life go way the F up when you hit 51? Is Covid affecting rates?

2 months later
    #3049 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Let's see: I can get a pound of hamburger for $3.00. Or I can get a pound of sugary candy for $6.95. Strange.

You can get a pound worth of candy bar for ~$3, but you need a Costco membership. I’m surprised you guys eat candy bars....

#3065 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Here is Walmart's latest gambit: I change my own oil. I have used synthetic oil in the past but it is more costly and I did not perceive getting any extra value so I went back to Dino oil ( Dino is slang for real oil from the ground). Now all Walmart is selling is synthetic or synthetic-blend oil. Synthetic cost more so Walmart and the oil companies are finding a way to jack the price; "let's quit selling the cheap stuff".

There are always rebate deals to get synthetic down to ~$12 for 5 quarts, sometimes free for that matter. Kirkland and Super Tech also hover in that price range. They are actually considered good synthetics by the folks who talk about oil like we do pinball machines.

#3066 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Pour cereal in Tupper ware for storage ..old people do that

I use soup containers from our local Chinese Restaurant.

#3071 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I am a give me the sale price now type, or FO and leave me alone.

I hear ya on the rebates, but inflation adjusted, that 5 quarts of Amazon, Super Tech, or Kirkland Full Synthetic isn't as expensive as you might think it is.

3 weeks later
    #3123 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

Speaking of engineering and toilets: I’ve always been scared to install a bidet. Something about plugging in a toilet seat into 115 VAC. Besides, how many people have an outlet behind their toilet? An extension cord just doesn’t sound right. I guess I’m old, too.

You really don't need the heat/electric as long as you are doing your business in a room with a comfortable air temp. Beware though, the US has much stronger water pressure than many countries where bidets are popular. Get one with a stainless steel hose.

#3125 3 years ago

Somebody please help me understand. A family member on their deathbed. Their days are numbered and they look like shi*. Why do relatives/friends want last pictures with them? I'm looking at these pictures and I see someone who knows their last days are upon them and everyone else is smiling. I find it absolutely morbid. I don't want to remember them like that and I've got to believe they don't either. Am I crazy?

#3149 3 years ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

That's tame compared to the 1800s where it was a fad to prop the dead person in a chair and take a family photo with their relatives.

They are creepy as hell. I recall one in which a twin had died. The surviving twin appeared pretty creeped out too. But personal photos were expensive and uncommon back then. It's still creepy, but I get why they did it.

#3197 3 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

We may need to start up an old man chat room. I’m drinking wine because I’m finishing up a LOTR playfield swap and I don’t want to stop to go to the beer store.

You are supposed to pay Instacart to make the beer run for you now.

#3219 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

When the price (s) you see on everything are too damn much. $32.00 for 1 pair windshield wiper blades yesterday ! Autozone. I asked the guy where the cheap blades were at. They don't have any.
    5 qts. of oil. $30.00. Filters are up there, too.

They are at Costco. Wiper blades are ~$5. 5 quarts of synthetic oil is ~$12 to $15. No oil filters, but Wal-Marts got those. A foot long hot dog with a Pepsi is $1.50. A big rottiserie chicken is $5 already cooked.

3 weeks later
    #3320 2 years ago

Are any of you folks taking COQ10? Does it help?

#3333 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah. Now, in the age of excess, they use a new ball just about every pitch thrown.

They need as many game balls as they can get for valuable autographed memorabilia. You wouldn't want to be accused of selling new equipment as "game-used" right?

3 months later
    #3598 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Raquel Welsh at 80 (in 2020), at 45 (1985, Weird Science) and at 26 (1966, Fantasic Voyage). Am I crazy, or was she way hotter at 45 than she was at 26?

I got some bad news for you. That middle pic ain't Raquel Welch. But Raquel Welch at 80 looks much better than Kelly Lebrock at whatever the F she is now.

3 weeks later
    #3623 2 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Remember JibJab from back in 2007?

Ain't that the f'n truth....

3 weeks later
    #3718 2 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

It's the same with lightning bugs. You have to go rural to find any at all in Missouri.

Mosquito control kills them too unfortunately. I’ve seen 1 (last year) in ~20 years at my home.

1 month later
    #3970 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Just make sure the card has been swiped by the seller. I got one of those from my boss where I was working. We all got one. Mine had not been scanned and was dud so I got jack.

Tell your boss. If they activated it, easy enough to fix.

4 weeks later
    #4135 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Let's not stop with the U.S. and Russia.

Here are the nine sisters that can blow everybody up.

Pretty crazy that Ukraine etc. didn't keep a handful after the breakup.

#4202 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

When one of your musical heroes hits 80 and decides its time to cash in.

Among other reasons, his taxes on such a sale are about to go up significantly. Lots of artists are doing it. I was surprised how cheap ZZ Top sold theirs for. They've got lots of good songs...

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/features/famous-musicians-selling-catalog-music-rights-1114580/

1 week later
    #4218 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Now, I am eating like a chinaman. All vegetables. And meat. And eggs. I can have meat, with lots of fat, and eggs, and still keep the triglycerides under control. Or at least this is what I have been reading. I'll do my lab work this spring and see if there have been any changes.

I remember watching a show. I think it might have been this Dr., but it was about this very strict diet study for patients with advanced heart disease. If you cheated even once, you were out with no second chances. It was very interesting and they seemed to be having great results with it. Might be worth some research...

https://www.pcrm.org/health-topics/heart-disease

2 weeks later
    #4253 2 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Never understood the hate for a fanny pack.

So much better than a backpack pulling at your shoulders and giving you a sweaty back when riding a bike.

They can also hold a 6 pack.

That's where old fellas carry their pistols. At least that's what everyone thinks...

2 weeks later
    #4285 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

New toy..no chance [quoted image]

These are pretty tough. My daughter's dog loves them.

1 week later
    #4391 2 years ago

She looks better depending on which picture you are looking at.

1 week later
    #4425 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You know you are old when..... You worry because there is a Toyota parked in the neighborhood.
    [quoted image]

Are they doing Candid Camera again??

#4432 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

You are an honorable man. Not a Wall Street vulture who loaded up on properties during the pandemic when more than few landlords had to sell to the deep pockets.

Oh they are still loading up. Atlanta is just a few tenths of a percentage higher than Charlotte for investor owned homes. I'm starting to see news articles talking about the housing bubble now and according to the article this came from, some HOAs are starting to create rules to forbid renting in the first few years of ownership. Prices are just friggin insane....

image (5) (resized).pngimage (5) (resized).png

1 week later
    #4462 2 years ago

When I grab some beer at Walmart, they just laugh when I offer my ID.

#4475 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Pisses me off the places which demand ID when you're obviously of age, especially when the cashier could be your grandchild.

Ehh, I still remember being that naive kid just trying to do what I've been told to do, so I don't give them a hard time.

1 week later
    #4502 2 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

My grandmother when she was alive was the only one of all her brothers and sisters that did not use tobacco, All my great aunts and great uncles either chewed or smoked. They were poor growing up and living in Kentucky. For you old-timers here my grandmother also helped in the tobacco fields and anybody that has done that knows it's backbreaking work.
    See lived to 96 but George Burns smoked a cigar everyday and lived to 100. Who would have figured?

Leonard Nimoy quit back in the 80's and still died from COPD. Shatner smoked and is still going strong. I think it's a little bit genes and a little bit luck, but nobody wants to die from COPD. That's a slow, agonizing way to go.

#4509 2 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

My brother who is 3 years younger than me has it and still smokes by the way. His doctor said he had the lungs of a 83 year old and this was a few years ago he is by the way 56.

Bad habits are tough to quit. I overheard a guy talking about how he was diagnosed with COPD. He explained that since he's already got it, nothing he can do about it now, and continues to smoke.

Quoted from Grayman_EM:

By the way mcluvin I see you adopted the Ukrainian stamp where he is saying Hello to that Russian ship.

Gotta show my support. Slava Ukraini!

#4561 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Does any business even hire 16 YOs anymore?

If they live in a College Town. And if you have a kid that wants to work part-time, encourage them to get a job that pays tips. My kid was averaging $20+/hour making and serving bagels while in college. Most of it in tips...

#4563 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

In 1977 I worked at McDonald's for $2.50 an hour in high school. .20 over minimum wage. A cheeseburger was 39 cents, a Filet-O-Fish was 65 cents. Now gas is $4 a gallon (here anyway) which is roughly 5.5X higher. That Filet-O-Fish is $5 which is over 7.5X higher.
    My Penn State tuition for a full year was $1175, now it's $18,450 an increase of 16X. Double the lowly Filet-O-Fish. My daughter graduates Penn State next weekend and even with the 75% tuition discount she received from the employee discount it was still 4X my cost.

It’s that easy student loan money. Easy until they have to pay it off….

#4565 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Exactly. I received a small grant and paid the rest from working ay McD's. Zero debt. I quit the pinball hobby for 5 years to make sure my daughter didn't end up with lifelong debt.

Congratz on your daughter about to graduate BTW! My last one graduates from UF in a couple of days. No student loan debt! Woo!!!

#4572 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

And weddings are coming in at $30K. Unreal. And stupid.

Nope! Traditional Weddings you can invite only so many people at a certain very expensive cost. Virtual Weddings? You can invite everyone at no cost! The last couple I know to pony up for an expensive wedding, the one that paid for it regretted it within 2 years. My oldest is still married. That wedding didn't cost shit. They are both very happy and make a shit-ton of money. Not that it defines happiness, but it doesn't hurt...

#4574 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

That's why I'm getting cremated. Toss my ashes in the ocean.

I'm a veteran and that's the only reason I'll be buried with a headstone. Even getting cremated is expensive...

#4575 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

My fear is those kids with massive student loan debt will never be able to repay it and they enter real life behind the eight ball.

And that's the problem. If you want to incur $100K in student loan debt pursuing a 4 year degree in Biology, you can, but you shouldn't. There's nobody to tell you not to do that.

#4607 1 year ago

I think Naomi partied pretty hard back in the day.

#4624 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

FRESH blue ray player finley dog walk score!...looking forward to nice weather for this year's booty

If somebody tossed it, I'd suggest putting a cd/dvd in that you don't care about first. They sometimes eat them.

1 week later
    #4686 1 year ago

When you try to install a ceiling fan and you can’t see the screw holes without taking off your glasses, but you can’t see anything else without your glasses.

1 week later
    #4739 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Too bad it wasn't based on history.....

Someone once said that to me about Ford vs. Ferrari, one of my favorite movies…

#4797 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Her mouth is off-center.

I have a tool that can fix that sort of thing

#4798 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

No. Coke Classic is the original.
    New Coke was the one that bombed!

No, Mexican Coke is the original. Made with good old cane sugar. All that other stuff is BS....

#4852 1 year ago
    Quoted from superNoid:

They focus primarily on brown ale which is what Pete's was.

Back then you were just happy to find something different, at least in my neck of the woods. I'll take a good pale ale or IPA over a brown ale any day. You can find those everywhere now.

Shiner is the state beer of Texas. No matter how bad it tastes, Texans will still buy it

#4889 1 year ago
    Quoted from tullster:

Gotta look for it, but his stuff is still around and tastes the same. They had it in the vending machine in front of Butch's Enco gas station 50 years ago. I'd guzzle a can at 6am every morning while waiting for the morning newspapers to be dropped of so I could do my paper route. Good times!
    [quoted image]

And if you look on the can, there is no expiration date. The stuff lasts forever!

3 weeks later
    #4962 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

You know you are old when you can screw up your knee just getting off a stepstool too quickly, and it takes six weeks to stop limping, and all the while the pain site migrates around as you adjust your gait to favor different muscles and tendons that happen to hurt the least for the time being, until they too get sore and you adjust your gait again.

I take one daily, and it seems to help with stuff like that, though you won't notice right away. Sam's and Costco both sell it under their own brands, but it's the same stuff.

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-triple-action-joint-health%2C-110-coated-tablets.product.100293064.html

3 weeks later
    #5060 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Good news, fellow codgers! I learned of yet another "old man" test that is a little easier to pass:
    Just stand on one leg for 30 seconds, keeping your balance, no hands or leaning against things allowed. That's it! Heck, I can even do that on my leg with the still-aggravated knee.

I think that's the cheap Alzheimer's test. Did the doc ask you to smell their finger too? If so, I hope you said it smelled like peanut butter and not ass.

#5083 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

The online Websters shows no results.

I'm trying to remember if we got those from Pantry Pride or Winn-Dixie back in the day?

1 week later
    #5130 1 year ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

I think Shatner, Koenig and Takei are the only ones still alive and it's weird that after all the books written about Shatner he might be the one to outlive them all. Always has to have the last line.

He's got some good genes because he most certainly has not been a health nut through the years.

#5139 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Monday i spent 5 hours replacing the bearings in my Whirlpool Platinum Cabrio washing machine (for the 2nd time in 7 years), and i felt like i got run over by a truck by the time i was done. It still hurts.

Now that's a job! I'm about to do one of my front bearings on a CR-V and not looking forward to it. At least I don't have to completely disassemble a washing machine to get to the bearing

#5152 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

A member of a western American Indian tribe.
    Ute are the Indigenous people of the Ute tribe and culture among the Indigenous peoples of the Great Basin. They had lived in sovereignty in the regions of present-day Utah and Colorado in the Southwestern United States for many centuries until European settlers colonized their lands.

You really are old!

2 weeks later
    #5198 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I just picked up a perfectly good working rototiller and an Echo backpack blower in the trash!
    I've also gotten two working leaf blowers on wheels, lawnmowers, an an Echo weed whacker, and a perfectl snowblower recently.

Quoted from rollitover:

Lot's of folks pick this stuff up and even if the motor is trashed, they just stick a Harbor Freight Chonda in it. I want to find a curb alert wood chipper.

2 weeks later
    #5228 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

My family used to refer to these tires as brand "maypop". They were economical.

Speaking of tires, make sure you are sitting down the next time you price a set. All season car tires for my kid's Civic were damn near $800 installed, and that was with the Costco buy 4 get $150 back promotion factored in.

When I had a crazy commute, I used to keep an eye out for OEM rim sets with the tires already on them. I could get nearly new tires and rims for less than the price of a new set of tires. When they were used up, I could sell them for damn near what I paid for them.

4 months later
    #5521 1 year ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I remember my parents having it on as a kid. Was painful then. I doubt I'd enjoy it now but looking forward to Wheel of Fortune kind of surprised me so...

I recall it came on at the same time as the Disney Sunday Movie in my area. Always hated when Aunt Ethel would visit. She just had to watch her Lawrence Welk.

2 months later
    #5768 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Remember your first big screen TV?

I remember the lamps on my Samsung getting contaminated with some kind of growth. It would cause shadows on the screen. They were cool back in the day though.

#5773 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I am not an early adopter. I waited until they were way below $1000.00 to around $500.00

I bought my rear projector when they hit ~$1K for a 52". That was ~2000. Something like that anyway. I've generally paid ~$1K for my TVs when I bought new. I have a hard time paying more than that for a TV. I liked the plasmas. LCD/LED was always disappointing in some way. Got burned on a Hisense that crapped out about a year after the warranty was over. Loving the OLEDS, especially Sony, and I've watched quite a bit of TV on an LG C1 too. Don't love their prices new. So I just watch Marketplace and Craigslist when I'm looking for one. There's always eventually someone moving who doesn't want to move that big fragile TV. Wait for it to get near the price I want to pay, then make my offer. As long as there's no burn in and the hours are low enough. It's a great deal for me, if I get it home without cracking it. So far, so good...

The older I get, that's gonna be harder to do I suppose...

#5776 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Big Screens, 65" plus are starting to get common in the pawn shops. If I need another TV in future, I will hit the pawn shops first. The TVs are usually next to the saxophones and trumpets.

If it hits the Pawn Shops, it's been moved at least twice. The cherry TVs I try to find ain't gonna hit the pawn shops.

#5777 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I can hear the realtor: This home has all the modern conveniences, etc. And the TV is negotiable.
    120" ? You could make your back yard into a drive in theater. From my north living room wall my 65" leaves me with approx. 2 1/2 feet of wall space to the front door jamb. A 120" would keep me from closing my front door.
    120/12= a 10 foot TV ! Diagonally, of course. But still huge.

It's a good move on his part. He probably wants something newer anyway.

#5782 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Check that. I just came across some old papers I was using for insurance purposes listing all of my AV equipment. Says the VCR was $1595!

Sounds like my HD capable DirecTV DVR. It got all of 3 or 4 HD channels at the time for the cool price of $1K. Totally wasn't worth it.

1 week later
    #5796 11 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I wonder what the “cash me outside, how bout dat?” girl is doing now. I bet I’ll feel old if I find a current pic of her.
    EDIT: sorry, that was Dr. Phil:

She's doing great. If you can believe the headlines. Oprah -> Dr. Phil -> Cash Me Outside Girl -> Millions of fellas paying a monthly sub for something to wank it to.

#5801 11 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Prime example of ignorance is bliss. A lot of stupid people do not know they are stupid.

I think it's kinda like this, nice, law-abiding folks are boring as hell to read about. It's the shi*-shows that are usually so entertaining.

Got a f-up relative? Give them a lookup on their local clerk of court website. You will find stuff. But don't stop there. Lookup the people they've had trouble with too. Sometimes there's more dirt on your f-up relative in those court cases than in their own. If you ever write a judge about a case, it goes into the online docket. They may restrict it, or they may not.

I learned that a relative's "boyfriend" was actually a drug dealer and a pimp that way, a violent one too. I don't expose my family to people like that. I guess the judge didn't appreciate that after she got the restraining order against him, she allegedly sent him pics of herself getting pounded by another guy. At least that's what his mom told the judge, in addition to so much more. That's why he violated the restraining order she said. Of course his mom didn't realize 3 of his former ladies were gonna write the judge too. All of these letters online and unrestricted. Anyone can read them.

Trashy as hell, but very interesting...

1 week later
    #5814 11 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Damn, that's a nice bike to put out on the curb.

I’d hate to see something nice like that sold for scrap, which is often what happens if you put it out in garbage night.

#5824 11 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Thank you. I have no idea about a Dutchman passing on the left side. And I am still clueless, so someone help me out here

I think this is an punkin thing? Maybe?

1 week later
    #5852 11 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

So, I am going to have to get a lanyard to hang the readers around my neck so I will always have them. I'll look like those old ladies selling cosmetics with their glasses hanging from their neck
    But it is a tradeoff I am happy with.

This was just on Shark Tank...

https://eyewris.com/

#5854 11 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

They're weird, and not cheap either.

Cheaper than a pair of Ray-Bans and no worse than glasses hanging from my neck. I don't do pocket t-shirts...

#5862 11 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I can’t link it at this time, but Tina Turner has died at 83.

One of a kind...

1 week later
    #5873 10 months ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

Eating a teaspoon of mustard is yucky.

You could have had a pretzel or brat with it.

2 weeks later
    #5905 10 months ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

He must have a small fortune put away after selling all those vowels over the years.

The best thing about WOF is Pat Sajak saying something not PC which happens often. The new host won’t get away with that. I’ll miss Pat. WOF keeps the mind sharp.

#5907 10 months ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

You know you're old if for whatever reason you need to sit on the floor, you have to sort of work out a plan of attack of how you're going to accomplish getting down there and getting back up again without hurting yourself.

I’m dealing with that right now. My ladder has 2 options, way too close or not close enough. I jacked my back up installing a ceiling fan. I still have one more to install.

#5924 10 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I am starting to hire out work I used to do without thinking about it.
    I still mow my lawn but I may start hiring that out.

I'm not looking forward to the day I have to do that. I like doing my own work.

3 weeks later
    #5981 9 months ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

You remember when you didn't have to pay to enter a National Park.

Veterans and Goldstar families are free if they get the pass. Seniors are a negligible fee for a lifetime pass. I just wish I lived closer to the good National Parks.

2 weeks later
    #6036 9 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Those things actually work? I always thought they were snake oil.

They don't work on my Hondas, but they worked great on my VWs.

1 month later
    #6153 7 months ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

When you start saying, damn, 76 isn't that old.

If you are a relatively healthy 76, that's a good thing. If you make it to 78 in the US, you are at least in the 50th percentile. You don't want to be in the lower 49.

3 weeks later
    #6176 7 months ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Step 1: make sure your model is 18 years old or older. Even if it was her idea to pose.
    Step 2: always take a none nude picture with the first and last exposure so a nude picture would not be in the window of the envelope.
    Step 3: do not take film to be developed in where your model/girlfriend works, even if they offer double prints for the price of single prints.
    Step 4: use a polaroid camera it will avoid have others see your work.

We had a creepy, old guy who owned a pawn shop that would get his film processed at the local K-Mart where I worked. Nothing pornographic, but lots of teenagers in bikinis holding guns. The good old days…

1 week later
    #6209 6 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I may have worn that clown mask as a kid.
    [quoted image]

Where's Creature from the Black Lagoon? My local A-Mart was still selling overstock from the 50's well into the mid-70's of that one.

1 week later
    #6213 6 months ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

... when your night time regime looks like something the DEA could take an interest in.
    [quoted image]

No fish oil. Congrats!

#6221 6 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I have figured out a clever way to never need any prescriptions. I just don't go to doctors.

I hate going to the doctor, and didn't for a long time, but I've been doing it for the last 8 or 9 years. I remember my first annual. My right ear had a complete blockage. I couldn't hear shi* out of it. I could not rotate my right forearm at all. And I badly needed to be on BP meds. All that stuff is fixed now.

Didn't you say you've lost a good chunk of weight while eating the same old shi* and doing the same old things? That's a warning sign for cancer dude.

#6253 6 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I do go to the dermatologist once a year after I had a melanoma ten years ago and they check my blood pressure and all that, but I think even that is starting to become a ripoff.

We tried a new dentist because the old one kinda sucks and would make us pay a copay and never refund it or call back regarding the issue. We've been waiting months for this visit and everything seemed fine initially. But they require 2 initial deep cleanings followed by quarterly regular cleanings. If you don't agree to this, they refuse to do any cleanings. And oh yeah, if you have any medical conditions, they want your doctor to fill out a form they provide which most doctors now will require an appointment to do. When we got to the point of how much everything they wanted to do was going to cost it really felt like dealing with the finance department at a car dealership.

#6263 6 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Dentist is the one I don't have a problem with. Back in the 90s when I wanted all that mercury metal removed, I found and old Swedish guy who was on the cutting edge with the new 3-D Cerek porcelain inlays. He knew mercury was not good for you and stated as such, but the establishment would not admit it. Got them all done and payed cash.
    His replacement is still there and the tech is far superior now.

You probably got exposed to more mercury having them removed than if you just left them in. No shi*, 10 years ago my dentist talks me into replacing an ugly filling, that wasn't bothering me one bit, with a crown. It was OK for a few years, but I developed a food ledge at the base of it. I have to floss multiple times a day. There is some decay now. I haven't had a cavity in decades. The current dentist says the tooth will now have to come out and be replaced by a bridge or implant. I should have just left the filling in there.

#6292 6 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Something about going thru puberty might have changed my whole outlook of that show.
    This was always a favorite.[quoted image]

The new version with Wayne Brady is pretty good. It was an early evening show for us, but is now on in the morning right before The Price is Right. I like how people say they've been watching for a long time, then pick door #2. The big prize is rarely behind door #2.

1 week later
    #6380 5 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Congrats, it will be a great feeling.

One of the greatest feelings! I have pounded it into my kids' heads that most debt is bad. If you can't pay the CC off every month, don't buy whatever you are wanting to buy. It really sucks how crazy f'n expensive homes are now. 100% appreciation in 2 or 3 years is flipping nuts.

#6385 5 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:That old dude from Blue Bloods tells me otherwise. You know you are old when the dad on the show is only six years older than he is.

I want my kids to be home owners. 100% appreciation in 2 or 3 years isn’t healthy for the market.

#6387 5 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I know one way they could own a house. Might or might not take a while though.

They know how you own a house. I didn’t raise idiots. Home price appreciation in many markets is nuts.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-?tu=mcluvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.