Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,623 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 minutes ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN9010 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20240424_173431.jpg
    438712280_7241935899188350_8066440579298486095_n (resized).jpg
    MV5BMWE3ZThjM2UtMTg2NS00NjY3LTk5ZGEtMTdlYmY3OGE2ZmZlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesmc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#111 5 years ago

When you read a bunch of posts by an old guy named Odin, imagine him to be Clint Easwood's character in Gran Torino, then meet him only to find out you're older than he is. And then read this thread and find out that you were already getting hi when Buzz was born. Thank God I only remember 7 cent candy bars. But maybe that's because I was already getting hi when Buzz was born.

1 year later
    #1653 3 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... This could go in the Elvira's Haunted House topic, but its applicable her as well.
    You know you're old when you are talking about your pinballs to your family and then one of your younger brothers(only younger by about 10 years) askes "Who is Elvira?"... C'mon MAN!!!!!!
    I replied the hostest with the mostest. The Mistress of the night, the queen of the macabre...
    The ignorance of youth knows no bounds.

Seemed to me she was pretty much everywhere. Someone paid for me to play in a celebrity golf tournament. My group included Rhonda Shear. I had never heard of her. A b version Elvira? But she was so nice. And funny. At the end of the 3 day tournament she invited me with her new husband to eat dinner with her "slutty sister" or something like that they called her.
    I'm feeling old when I mentioned to my son in law that Eddie Haskell was an inspiration to my generation and he replied, "Who is that".

#1655 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

The days of Milkman deliveries and drive-ins seems so long ago now.

Instead we have marijuana delivery and Netflix.

#1663 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Back in 1970 I had a cop search me and found my pot, 1/2 an oz. I was really scared as pot back then carried 20 to 40yrs but he poured it out into the river and told me to get my ass out of there and never let him see me there again. I got the hell outta there!

In 1994 I finished a round of golf at my old country club in Tucson. Car rolls up, lowers window and yells out Drop Those Clubs. FBI. Then they laugh. No guns drawn. An hour later the lead agent tells me I'm looking at 85 years or something. (for pot) (alot pot) I responded that I was sorry but I didn't have that much time left. I was already 35 years old. I wouldn't describe the feeling as scared as it was probably more of survival mode. I was fortunate to be taken to a federal prison that day that had a pre trial area where I knew people who made it as easy as possible for me.

#1665 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Shit I was only 15yrs old then so the prospect of 20yrs locked up was not in my plans. I just got lucky really the cop gave me a break.

Dumbest shit ever that they could give someone that type of draconian sentence. But they did sometimes.

#1667 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

There was a time in Minneapolis ( 1960's ) if the cops got tired of dealing with you, they'd haul you down and you could enlist or got to jail.
    LTG : )

And many ended up at Camp Pendelton here locally. There was an awful lot of marines here back then that told the same type of story from all over the country.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesmc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-?tu=jamesmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.