Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,598 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by hwyhed
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    chip can (resized).jpg
    IMG_4874 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-07-13-43-03-50_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    giphy.gif
    Superpower_(2023)-60523_(cropped) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darthpaul.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3669 2 years ago

You know you are getting old when you can't remember an Actors name, only the characters he/she has played in the movies.

#3696 2 years ago

You know you are old when you remember getting 4¼% interest on a regular passbook account.

#3729 2 years ago

You know you are old when you remember falling asleep in front of the TV and being awakened by the National Anthem.

4 months later
    #4407 2 years ago

Remember my Mom listening to Rambling with Gambling on the radio and hearing the Vietnam war casualty count everyday.

2 months later
    #4915 1 year ago

You know you are old when the first thing that comes to mind when someone mentions a Rainbow is this.
    band-music-rainbow-album-cover-hard-rock-wallpaper-preview (resized).jpgband-music-rainbow-album-cover-hard-rock-wallpaper-preview (resized).jpg
    not this
    lgbt-pride-month-celebrated-annual-lgbt-rainbow-pride-day-abstract-logo-human-rights-and-tolerance-lesbian-gay-bisexual-transgenlgbt-pride-month-celebrated-annual-lgbt-rainbow-pride-day-abstract-logo-human-rights-and-tolerance-lesbian-gay-bisexual-transgen

1 month later
    #5092 1 year ago

You know you are old when you need these to put on your socks and shoes. They work great for bad backs too.

100_0540 (resized).JPG100_0540 (resized).JPG
    #5098 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Good insurance, I hope. Eight days in the hospital don't come cheap.
    About 15 years ago I met a guy who had went to pick up a piece of scrap metal in his backyard. He was wearing some sort of contraption, a ring that was strapped to his wrist and encircled his hand, and all 4 of his fingers were suspended in traction; To heal, his fingers could not move.
    He said the hospital bill was $25,000.00. 15 years ago.

$82,000 for my hip replacement, I have health insurance through my job, I'm hoping it is going to cover most of it.

1 month later
    #5306 1 year ago

Saw Queen during the All that Jazz tour. We were fighting for the binoculars when all the topless girls came out on their bicycles, during Bicycle Race.

1 month later
    #5418 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

A little Hair of the Dog.
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/09/entertainment/dan-mccafferty-nazareth-dies-76-intl-scli-gbr/index.html
    Dan McCafferty, original lead singer of rock band Nazareth, dead at 76

Terrible news, saw them a couple times, what a powerful voice he had.

2 months later
    #5489 1 year ago

You know you are old if you were legally having a beer at 18 years old.

3 weeks later
    #5558 1 year ago

I had gray hair at 16.

3 weeks later
    #5640 1 year ago

I remember watching the 69 Mets play in the World Series during school. Our Teacher(who happened to be a Nun) was a big Mets fan.

#5653 1 year ago
    Quoted from tullster:

I saw AC/DC with Bonn Scott...Twice.

Saw AC/DC with Bonn Scott open for Rainbow.

#5681 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I definitely remember crawling under my 1963 Impala in the dead of winter, on our frozen gravel driveway, to swap out the starter.
    I have other stories about that car, maybe I'll add them to the Memories thread eventually.

Had to do that on my 69 Charger, those were the days.

1 week later
    #5718 1 year ago

One of the best

4 months later
    #6035 8 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Those things actually work? I always thought they were snake oil.
    I have not taken possession yet, but bought an older Chrysler minivan that has the oil filter on top. I might have to look into this rig you present.

I had an 84 Honda Accord that had the filter on top. That was the last car l changed the oil on.

3 months later
    #6530 5 months ago

When good enough is good enough.

1 month later
    #6784 3 months ago

In keeping with the season, you know you are old if you remember singing along with this guy.

100_0929 (resized).JPG100_0929 (resized).JPG100_0930 (resized).JPG100_0930 (resized).JPG
    2 weeks later
    #6948 3 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

My favorite memory of the 70’s was the Bicentennial - I was 12, in 7th grade. And in 2026 we’ll get to celebrate America’s Semiquincentennial:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Semiquincentennial
    Doesn’t roll off the tongue as nicely as “bicentennial”, but we have a few years to practice.

I was jealous because my brother graduated from high school in 1976 and got a special bicentennial class ring.

#6998 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I remember the contestants all had a funnel cup with water.[quoted image]

Watched it also, Art Fleming was the host.

2 months later
    #7510 19 days ago

My Saturn was terrible in the snow.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darthpaul.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-?tu=darthpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.