Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,617 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 minute ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN9010 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20240424_173431.jpg
    438712280_7241935899188350_8066440579298486095_n (resized).jpg
    MV5BMWE3ZThjM2UtMTg2NS00NjY3LTk5ZGEtMTdlYmY3OGE2ZmZlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballFever.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#351 5 years ago

You remember when M-80s and Cherry bombs were legal. Those were the days!
    M-80 (resized).jpgM-80 (resized).jpg

#355 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

We used to make our own M-80s. Who knows, the pipe bomb may of been invented on dog island.

That reminds me. We built a mayonnaise jar bomb that left a 3 foot crater in the ground. What a blast!

#393 5 years ago

When you remember Jack Nicholson in Easy Rider and Hell's Angels On Wheels. One of my favorite actors!

George Hanson (resized).jpgGeorge Hanson (resized).jpghells-angels (resized).jpghells-angels (resized).jpg
    #421 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Nyic. nyic. nyic. INDIANS !

Even back then he played great characters and still does to this day.

Quoted from cottonm4:

Here is the coolest (to me) about ER. A couple of years ago, Netflix, or youtube had the full movie showing with enhanced video. With enhanced video and a big screen TV you see things you never saw before.

When Wyatt and Billy for hit the road (right about the time the watch hits the ground) there is a shot of Wyatt sitting on Captain America and there is this super long throttle cable swinging in the breeze. The cable is not clamped; It is not running thru any kind of guide. It is just way too long and it looks funny.

Billy starts messing with it and joking about it. As they ride off into the distance you can see Billy waving his hand and doing something. With the enhanced video you can see that he is screwing around and making fun of that way too long cable.

It takes a BIG screen TV (mine id 65") and the enhanced video to see this action. Check it out if you can. I have never read anybody talking about this on the Easy Rider "history" pages.

I am easily amused and when I saw this I was blown away. 50 years after that movie shows and I see this.

I bought the ER DVD back when there was no Blu ray and still have it. Will look for it.

#430 5 years ago

You remember the rat pack.

Rat pack (resized).jpgRat pack (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #560 5 years ago

You remember when cigarettes were advertised on TV.

#580 5 years ago

That's amazing seeing those family friendly cartoon characters smoking and advertising cigarettes but that was back then. Wonder if there were other kid cartoon characters that smoked?

Marlboro Man.

#590 5 years ago

I remember those. I used to buy and pretend to smoke the Pall Mall or Marlboro candy cigarettes. The label "candy cigarettes" was banned and replaced with candy sticks.

#592 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Brutus in Popeye blowing smoke rings.

Popeye smoked a pipe. In fact the cartoonist Elzie Segar smoked a cigar and signed his last name with a cigar.

Segar (resized).jpgSegar (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballFever.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-?tu=PinballFever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.