Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,576 posts
  • 443 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    chip can (resized).jpg
    IMG_4874 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-07-13-43-03-50_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    giphy.gif
    Superpower_(2023)-60523_(cropped) (resized).jpg
    2fe4ea9a16a4608d2fe59bca6c2f0202584bbaf8a68dfff2331ffd7302dad30e_1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1656 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darcy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#135 5 years ago

When you take some friends to an old haunt. You are driving, and turn up the street you remember. It is now a One Way and with traffic coming towards you.

#183 5 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Morning wood is a surprise, not an expectation.
    Posting for a friend

In the 1980's a friend of the family invited her parents for brunch with us. The parents were in their late 80's, they were 40 minutes late. Her mother let the cat out of the bag, that the husband "awoke with a stiffy, so just had to make use of it". No embarrassment what so ever with the parents, but the daughter did blush.

2 weeks later
    #406 5 years ago

Well.... That was a little disturbing. But some how, I just had to watch it.

1 week later
    #471 5 years ago

You are in a bar with your buddies, then a couple of Cougars come by and strike up a conversation. You then realise they are in their late 90's.

2 months later
    #882 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Or if the library you went to as a kid is now a museum....[quoted image]

My Junior High School is now a War Museum. The Gym and stage are still intact, everything else was changed. Exterior doors were moved, interior walls were taken out, they must of spent millions of dollars on it. The full scale dioramas are fantastic.

1 week later
    #983 5 years ago

'T Minus 17!'

1 month later
    #1064 5 years ago

Great Hunting Joke.

Hunter goes out to the forest with his new hand gun. While waiting for a passing deer, a Grizzly spots the hunter. The Grizzly sneaks around behind the hunter, smacks the gun out of the hunters hand, then the bear has his way with the hunter. Next day the hunter returns to forest with his old trusty rifle, still trying to get a deer. The Grizzly spots the hunter again, the bear sneaks up on the hunter, smacks the rifle out of the hands of the hunter, and proceeds to have his way with the hunter. The 3rd day the Hunter has bought new camouflage and a flame thrower. The grizzly sneaks up on the hunter again, and before knocking down the hunter, the grizzly taps the hunter on the shoulder and asks, 'Ah Bud, I'm Guessing, You don't come out here just for the Hunting?'

6 months later
    #1241 4 years ago

Hey, hey, I resemble that remark, there @o-din.

20180605_164047_LI (resized).jpg20180605_164047_LI (resized).jpg

Click on the photo, for a clearer photo.

2 weeks later
    #1268 4 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Scan and gos are not all bad, I typically use the manned checkouts though as I know it keeps someone employed.

Went to a Rona (Canadian Big box hardware). During a week day, not on a weekend. They only had the self check out open. I looked around for a check out teller, walked back to the self check out area, and a store employee asked if I needed help. Told her, "If there are no tellers working I was just going to drop these 5 items on the counter and leave". She then grabbed my purchases, scanned them and asked for payment.

The local Walmart is installing 12 self check outs.

3 months later
    #1342 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

If you remember when blue jeans were not allowed in school. I always wore white, green or black Levi's.

Also your Mom, would not let you go to school with ripped pants or shirt.

4 months later
    #1590 4 years ago

While levelling a couple of games, that were noticeably not level. I discovered that the method I have used since 1982, is not the easiest to do any more. Use to scoot under the game, with my back into it, and wrench in hand, lift the offending corner of the game to adjust it. Getting back up off of the floor took longer than I remember.

Going to have to get another way, possibly a small hydraulic jack with a 4x4 block. I do not really need a pinball lift cart, as the games rarely get moved, and the room that the games are in only exits at stairways.

2 months later
    #1922 3 years ago

Gabbing with people you know, discussion turns to how old some actors are. I'll step up with Olivia de Havilland she just turned 104.
    Some responses are, "Who?"

Added over 4 years ago:

Edit. July 26 2020. Sadly, Olivia passed away today.

#1943 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah, like when you have to rock back and forth to gain enough momentum to get out of bed!

You guys need to raise the level of your beds. Higher bed is much easier to get out of.

2 months later
    #2175 3 years ago

You know you are getting old. When 6 hours ago a new JJP game was released, and you check on it after dinner, at home.

1 month later
    #2541 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Never heard of that before. Off to Google I go.

'Ancient Aliens' or a 'UFO' show did 7 minutes on this. Nixon was with Jackie most of the day, at one of Jackie's Celebrity Golf Tournaments. Later that night Nixon shows up were Jackie was staying, and asks to come with him. Just the 2 of them drive off with Nixon at the wheel. When they show up at the gate on the base, the gaurds were set aback, but still let them onto the base. After returning home Jackie's wife states he was upset, and could hardly eat for a week.

11 months later
    #3771 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Pete Best
    LTG : )

Quoted from jrpinball:

Is he? I thought he passed away. I don't think they were the Beatles when he was with them, but I could be wrong.
    EDIT: Just looked him up. I guess I was wrong on both counts. So, count him in!

"Just the facts".
    Pete is 79, he was born Nov 1941, he finally received Beatles royalties with the release of Anthology 1. His drumming is on several tracks, and he can be seen on the cover art. The amount was in the 7 figure range.

1 month later
    #3922 2 years ago

When you try to explain a Simulcast. Involving a FM Stereo and a TV. Usually a PBS show with a popular band.
    Friday nights in Vancouver there was Miami Vice and C-FOX. Thinking that was the late 80's or early 90's.

2 months later
    #4306 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Is this old timers morning donut shop talk? Is this what we have become?

"Wait...What!.. where are the donuts?"

#4307 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Shuffling in the mall with a coffee? Is that my destiny??

Walking in the mall, slurping coffee (and missing your mouth), will become your destiny. But when we were kids we were kicked out of the malls for just hanging out in them.

1 month later
    #4465 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Pisses me off the places which demand ID when you're obviously of age, especially when the cashier could be your grandchild. I went to a beer distributor once who demanded your license, and copied information off of it. Saw a previous customer having to do this, and so I promptly put down my selection and walked out.

There were likely writing down the Zip Code, trying to find out the area of their customer base. You were right in not participating in their ID gathering. They could have asked for your info, but you should be able to decline this.

#4472 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

When they ask for my email, I ask "why?". Some are justified with their ask but I tell them I don't want any spam or them selling my email to some other rube outfit.

I will say, "I do not have Email". They sometimes look at me funny, then they realize I am old.

2 weeks later
    #4587 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

When the hearing aid people keep sending you mailers for hearing aids. These guys are good. They call me by my name . I should tell them I am blind and I am looking for some seeing aids as I can only read Braille.
    [quoted image]
    I wish Ed McMahon was still alive with his big sweepstakes offerings in the mail. Now all I get is stuff like this.
    ( Rest easy rest. You are a mere steps from the shredder).
    [quoted image]

Now that your address has been included in your post, can we send you Christmas Cards?

1 month later
    #4854 1 year ago

What happened to Bartle & James? Those wine coolers from California, sold during the 1980s.

#4871 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Remember ZIMA? I don't think that's still around.

I can remember ZIMA, but never drank it.

#4888 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I have a hybrid version.[quoted image]

The original multi-tool.

1 week later
    #4932 1 year ago

When you take time to think through this photo.

This happened this morning in Edmonton, the car left the roadway approaching the bridge. That is a walkway in the fore ground. The car should not of been on that. If the car bounced differently, the occupants would have been in the river, most likely to be missing for awhile. With the car ending up parked like that, had the police questioning, how it happened?
    AAYxLVNparkedcar. (resized).jpgAAYxLVNparkedcar. (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #4949 1 year ago

..... One of my employees showed up at work with black running pants, (loose fitting sweat pants), it had "Guess" printed on the front thigh. In front of him and another worker, I guessed, out loud, that he got dressed in the dark. Jumped into those pants and rushed off to work, in his lady friends pants.

3 weeks later
    #5062 1 year ago

Or Slacks.

2 months later
    #5343 1 year ago

Will just drop this here...

What is the difference between a Hippo and a Zippo? One is a little heavier, one is a little lighter.

3 weeks later
    #5400 1 year ago

You know you are old.... When you are singing a song you know. Then the singing ends up in your grand kids You Tube video, and they are not warned over copyright issues.

2 months later
    #5457 1 year ago

When it is 3 minutes after midnight on New Years day, a friend phones... you were already in bed.

1 month later
    #5563 1 year ago

You know your are old....

Last month I had cataract surgery. It makes a very big improvement in your vision. To anyone considering this procedure, it will vastly change you vision to like when you were a kid.

Added 14 months ago:

(answered by email)

2 weeks later
    #5589 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

i have an appointment with a cataract surgeon on 3-7-23. Did you get the lens implants that correct your vision to 20-20? This is what I am hoping to do.
    I quit driving at night. Too scary. I am hoping also that cataract surgery will bring my night vision back.

Good Luck Today.

3 months later
    #5936 10 months ago

Here is a sign that you may be old.

Your mother yelled at you, to get out of the coal pile in the basement. When she caught you drawing on the floor, or wall with the coal.

#5944 9 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

belly is full with a combo D and my fingers are hungry for my guitar. have a great Nite everyone!

What the hell! No Hot & Sour Soup. For Shame.

2 weeks later
    #5972 9 months ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

You can remember seeing the Liberty Bell and being able to touch it and stick your finger in the crack.

I think you are posting something with another meaning.

2 weeks later
    #6026 8 months ago

July 27th. Norman Lears Birthday, he is 101.

2 months later
    #6199 6 months ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

And this - I had this exact color

I still have a Red one.

1 month later
    #6447 5 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Remembrance Day.

My Grandfather was in WW1. An uncle died in WW2. My Dad served in Korea, Egypt, and Cypress. A nephew did 2 tours of Afghanistan. My dad would take me to Nov 11 services every year. Went to the Ottawa service a couple of times. 'Lest We Forget'.

#6449 5 months ago

Most British Commonwealth nations has a ceremonial day on the 11th as well. The signing of the WW1 Armistice on Nov 11, the 11 hour, in the year 1919.

#6451 5 months ago

Also on Nov 11th. After the ceremony, The Royal Canadian Legion serves free draught beer to Veterans, at their Branches.

#6476 5 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Sadder than that and less in the news is we lost one of our landmarks last week. One of the giant WWII hangars down in Irvine. I remember when those were the only things that were there. Now I hear asbestos has filled the air.[quoted image][quoted image]

Asbestos, lead paint fumes, and any fuels, or solvents. Those old dried up timbers would burn fairly easily. Sad to loose historic buildings, especially if arson is involved.

1 week later
    #6574 4 months ago

On your cell phone, if you put the 'ICE or I.C.E.' after some ones name, the emergency service will read that as, 'In Case of Emergency'. They call that number first.

1 month later
    #6911 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm still convinced rich crushed velour got edited out or canceled somehow.
    Punishment enough was having to work on these piece of shit Chryslers with Ca. emissions to make them pass and actually run at the same time.
    [quoted image]

With a previous experience's do not pressure wash the engine bay. Unless you remove the air cleaner, take to a safe place, like, indoors away from water.

#6963 3 months ago

For around 5 years in a row dad would take me to the CNE. Usually on the last day of the event. Between 1969 to 1974. Those photos brought back those memories.

#7012 3 months ago

I must be old. Tim Arnold sent me a friend request on FaceBook! (most likely a generated request), had a chuckle, that Tim thought of me.

1 month later
    #7322 50 days ago
    Quoted from avspin:

I had these in 1971.
    [quoted image]

We had green glass ones. Banged up our wrists many times. Then noticed the bottoms of the balls had chipped glass.

#7330 48 days ago

You know you are old... Sat up in bed Monday morning, just to get out of bed, strained my back some how? Still aches today.

1 month later
    #7517 17 days ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

But jacks and jack stands are not my cup of tea at age 71.

A friend that passed away in the 1980's. Was detailing his Mustangs engine bay, he would of been in his late 70's. While he as bent over, his back locked up, called the ambulance, he was very sore for many days after that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darcy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-?tu=Darcy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.