Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,611 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    chip can (resized).jpg
    IMG_4874 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-07-13-43-03-50_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Billc479.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#260 5 years ago

You remember Jack Parr and Johnny Carson

4 months later
    #1045 5 years ago

When you remember that Radio Shack started out as Tandy Leather. BTW, the original Tandy Leather (I think its the original) is up and running in Albuquerque, NM

1 month later
    #1113 5 years ago

I use dollar coins to really confuse em!

1 week later
    #1152 5 years ago

When you understand Lloyd's latest forum entry - "This pop bumper doesn't shine for me anymore".

1 year later
    #1516 4 years ago

When you realize that you are old enough to be one corona virus cougher from dying.

4 months later
    #2016 3 years ago

Kind of off topic, but seeing those nose pliers reminds me of when my grandpa told me why he put nose rings on the hogs. (They were kind of free ranging.) The answer was to keep them from rooting and digging under the fence.

Ever since it became fashionable for people to wear nose rings I have visions of them trying to dig under a fence. I guess the rings are still effective, cause I've never seen one of them digging!

I'm waiting for notched ears to become fashionable, too.

2 months later
    #2421 3 years ago

TracDoc - I represent that remark!

1 week later
    #2467 3 years ago

The Chevy show used to be at Six Flags near St. Louis. It was a near permanent display. Loved going there when I was a kid. Great memories.

1 month later
    #2771 3 years ago

My birthday is this is week, and I’ve received my Medicare card. So, I am now officially an old man. All I have to do now is tell stories beginning with “Back in my day ...” and complain about aches and pains, then the package is complete.

#2774 3 years ago

You just described the attire I wear at the golf course

1 week later
    #2810 3 years ago

When you can remember the basis for the joke about "... letting the pages do the walking thru the yellow fingers."

#2815 3 years ago

Cotton - I don't remember the whole thing, just highlights.

There was a kingdom that had a spell placed on it by a witch - the spell was fashioned such that the people in the castle would starve because they could not go out to get food or water. The king sent out his bravest knights, and every time a knight would leave the castle, a giant hand with yellow fingers would drop down and crush the knight. This happened regardless of whether a single knight went out, or several. Anyhow, the king became desperate, and had run out of knights, so he decided to allow any person brave enough to try to get past the hand. A page volunteered to try, and to everyone's amazement, he was able to return with food and water. In fact, he did it several times and all the people in the castle were saved.

The moral of the story is to let your pages do the walking thru the yellow fingers.

1 month later
    #2959 3 years ago

Readypo - I know this is just urban lore, but I was told a bottle of Gatorade or pedialite about 8 - 10 hours after the second shot really helps. I drank a bottle of Gatorade, had no side effects at all, however, wifey did not drink any and felt bad for two days.

#2962 3 years ago

I’m not as strange as I seem

1 month later
    #3117 3 years ago

Speaking of engineering and toilets: I’ve always been scared to install a bidet. Something about plugging in a toilet seat into 115 VAC. Besides, how many people have an outlet behind their toilet? An extension cord just doesn’t sound right. I guess I’m old, too.

#3158 2 years ago

... when you know what a pisspot was and remember which window was used.

4 months later
    #3543 2 years ago

I had a friend who called his wife Quasar because she had her works in her drawers

1 month later
    #3703 2 years ago

Early Model T’s required you to drive up hills in reverse. There was no fuel pump and the fuel was gravity fed.

#3728 2 years ago

And spent their first night in separate hotel rooms.

#3740 2 years ago

When your youngest child retires and starts drawing Social Security.

1 month later
    #3912 2 years ago

For only Stanley Beamish A weak and droopy daffodil Can take this potent power pill That sent him soaring through the skies Fighting foes and fighting spies. When he took the pill specific, He became the most prolific, Hydrolific, MR. TERRIFIC!!!

#3914 2 years ago

I thought the TV show sucked!

4 weeks later
    #4053 2 years ago

... - when your machines seem to be playing a lot faster and then you realize that your reflexes are not as quick as they once were.

#4090 2 years ago

When the name of this product meant something else
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/list# Announcing iScored The Game Room Score Tracking App!

3 months later
    #4523 1 year ago

When you remember “no breakable” records

B4C61E08-80BA-4F56-BBC0-66B38CB2B68E (resized).jpegB4C61E08-80BA-4F56-BBC0-66B38CB2B68E (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #4890 1 year ago

Mcluvin - Supposedly that's why the original Schlitz beer went out of business. They started using xanthan gum to prolong the life of the beer in the cans, but after awhile, the gum would coagulate. When you poured out a can of beer, these balls of stuff would fall out. Really turned people off. Probably not the only reason they failed, but I'm sure it didn't help.

1 year later
    #5961 9 months ago

When you can remember leaving the drive in and you forgot to remove the speaker from your window before leaving.

3 weeks later
    #6056 8 months ago

I don't know about where you are, but you can drop off your used oil at oil changing places here in Illinois, as long as the place is open and its in a closed container.

#6065 8 months ago

When you remember using batteries like these

IMG_9364 (resized).jpegIMG_9364 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    5 months later
    #6850 3 months ago

I was told in a class many years ago that the FCC busted them because a dog whistle was blowing in the background during the Chuck Wagon commercial. Folks would get excited because Rover suddenly paid attention to the TV during the commercial and would settle back down once the commercial was over.

I don’t have any reason not to believe it, but I’m pretty sure you can’t do that.

2 months later
    #7432 37 days ago

I still have the rolling paper in the Big Bamboo album.

2 weeks later
    #7503 21 days ago

The inside had candy pellets, the outside was a weird tasting wafer that kind of melted to your tongue. I didn't care for them that much, but I still bought them at the candy store.

2 weeks later
    #7547 7 days ago

. . . "when one of your younger siblings pass away". Damn, I'm the oldest and figured I would always be first. RIP Dave

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Billc479.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-?tu=Billc479 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.