Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,611 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    chip can (resized).jpg
    IMG_4874 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-07-13-43-03-50_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    There are 7,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 153.
    #4651 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Happy Mother’s Day!
    I bought my wife this nice hanging basket , bunch of flowers and I made the card myself!

Home made cards are the best!

My wife and daughter have been making them for me for years.
    I treasure them and keep all of them!

E

#4652 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah, but it saved me a lot of walking!

Btw...
    I got to see your brother start a game on Rush, and then proceed to do a righteous air guitar solo before he started playing!

Priceless!

#4653 1 year ago

Michigan seems like a dream to me now, it took us four days to hitchhike from Saginaw.
    Remember the band? (no cheating) your old! ..A beautifully written song

#4654 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Michigan seems like a dream it to me now, it took us four days to hitchhike from Saginaw.
    Remember the band? (no cheating) your old! ..A beautifully written song

Great song, but the Yes version kills the original!

#4655 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah, here it's bad enough, but when I see the CDN prices on cards, I don't blame you for making your own!

She loved It...and so did my mom, she almost cried and laughed at my flower.

#4656 1 year ago

Next year a homemade 3D pop Up card for sure!

#4657 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Remember the band?

The duo. Simon and Garfunkle in their song America. I have it on my iPod.

LTG : )

#4658 1 year ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Great song, but the Yes version kills the original!

The looong version! Some killer Howe guitar on it!

#4659 1 year ago

Btw...
    I got to see your brother start a game on Rush, and then proceed to do a righteous air guitar solo before he started playing!
    Priceless!

Do you remember what tune? He's a Rush nut!

#4660 1 year ago

I came across this article and thought it belongs here. You know you are old when....Man dies while burying body!

TRENTON, SC (WJBF)- The Edgefield County Sheriff says evidence shows Joseph McKinnon strangled Patricia Dent inside the home and was burying her in the backyard, when he died of a heart attack.

They say they discovered Joseph McKinnon’s body first, before finding Dent’s body in a backyard pit.

#4661 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Do you remember what tune? He's a Rush nut!

But will he buy a Rush pin?

#4662 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

But will he buy a Rush pin?

Negatory!

Quoted from Grayman_EM:

I came across this article and thought it belongs here. You know you are old when....Man dies while burying body!
    TRENTON, SC (WJBF)- The Edgefield County Sheriff says evidence shows Joseph McKinnon strangled Patricia Dent inside the home and was burying her in the backyard, when he died of a heart attack.
    They say they discovered Joseph McKinnon’s body first, before finding Dent’s body in a backyard pit.

Well, trying to hastily bury someone you just murdered can be a bit stressful!

#4663 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Negatory!

Well, trying to hastily bury someone you just murdered can be a bit stressful!

Thats why I just dump them in the lake - no digging!

#4664 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Peat bog. Down they go. Top covers over. No idea how deep they are. Never to be seen again.

#4665 1 year ago

Another Headline I found on a story may explain everything....."Humans are causing the ocean to lose its memory, study shows" caused by global warming. Yes that's the ticket!

#4666 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Quoted from LTG:

Peat bog. Down they go. Top covers over. No idea how deep they are. Never to be seen again.

The fact that you guys know these techniques is somewhat disturbing to me.

#4667 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

"trying to hastily bury someone you just murdered can be a bit stressful!"

Quoted from LTG:

"Peat bog. Down they go. Top covers over. No idea how deep they are. Never to be seen again."

Quoted from pinzrfun:

"That's why I just dump them in the lake - no digging!"

You guys seem to know just a little too much about this...…….

#4668 1 year ago

You guys seem to know just a little too much about this...…….

Well in my area there ain't no desert for holes or ocean for a deep sea delivery.

All you need around here is a peat bog that is fenced in to keep cows out, because cows wandered in and sank. And you know it's a good one for emergencies.

#4669 1 year ago
    Quoted from Scotty_K:

The fact that you guys know these techniques is somewhat disturbing to me.

Sorry to disturb you even further. But the way to do it is actually to use these large (man size) bags of charcoal that the telcos and what not used to have around, for melting ground frost. Two bags on the bottom, two bags on top.

#4670 1 year ago

A few years ago I noticed I could not see the salt coming from the salt shaker. Now, I flow the salt into my hand so I can see how much is there. Then I toss it on my food.
    IMG_9776 (resized).JPGIMG_9776 (resized).JPG

#4671 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Well in my area there ain't no desert for holes or ocean for a deep sea delivery.
    All you need around here is a peat bog that is fenced in to keep cows out, because cows wandered in and sank. And you know it's a good one for emergencies.

Pigs

#4672 1 year ago

Pigs are good.

But porcupines eat everything. Especially leather like shoes and wallets.

#4673 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

So how did you celebrate? A cake ? Presents??? Red Lobster?

Sorry, just saw this.

I treated myself (and my wife) to meals at/from three of my favorite places: breakfast from Chik-fil-A, lunch at American Coney Island (an iconic Detroit eatery), and dinner at our favorite local Italian restaurant.

I didn’t want anything else special, but my wife invited a bunch of friends over to surprise me after dinner, and we ate cake and played pins. I’m glad she set that up. It was a fun evening. Thanks for asking.

#4674 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

A few years ago I noticed I could not see the salt coming from the salt shaker. Now, I flow the salt into my hand so I can see how much is there. Then I toss it on my food.
    [quoted image]

That's a common practice in order to gauge the flow from the shaker. I do it in restaurants because sometimes the salt comes out too fast, and sometimes not at all.

#4675 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Pigs are good.
    But porcupines eat everything. Especially leather like shoes and wallets.

For you folks who have watched the Netflix western series Deadwood...AL approves of Pigs

#4676 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

For you folks who have watched the Netflix western series Deadwood...AL approves of Pigs

... when you remember that "Deadwood" was originally on HBO...

#4677 1 year ago

You know your getting old when you were young you held the pole fishing now they have a holder for your pole. Very weird?

a64d2c04-acb2-4548-91c2-2f7e474a13d9.__CR0,0,300,300_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpga64d2c04-acb2-4548-91c2-2f7e474a13d9.__CR0,0,300,300_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
    #4678 1 year ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

You know your getting old when you were young you held the pole fishing now they have a holder for your pole. Very weird? [quoted image]

It looks like that guy has a multi-purpose tool!

#4679 1 year ago

Comment removed.

#4680 1 year ago

A guy with dementia today emailed with 6 pins to sell. All are C title EM's and a 2 SS games although one is Space Shuttle. Very sad situation. When you have that many pins you love them. But they aren't worth a lot after seeing pics. No win situation. To me they are $300-400 games with SS worth $800 at best. I'll make my best offer but someday I may be in his shoes.

#4681 1 year ago

You know you're old when you used to laugh your ass off watching prank and stunt videos but now since you have so many aches and pains of your own when you're not even doing anything, you yell at the TV, "Why would any sane person do that as a joke? You coulda ruptured the guy's testicle!!"

#4682 1 year ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

You know you're old when you used to laugh your ass off watching prank and stunt videos but now since you have so many aches and pains of your own when you're not even doing anything, you yell at the TV, "Why would any sane person do that as a joke? You coulda ruptured the guy's testicle!!"

I jumped off a bridge as a teen once and sprained my wrist. My buddy Brian broke his leg.

#4683 1 year ago

...when you can recall on Sesame Street having never seen Snuffleupagus before.

#4684 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

What is Sesame Street?

#4685 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

How about Sam the robot?

#4686 1 year ago

When you try to install a ceiling fan and you can’t see the screw holes without taking off your glasses, but you can’t see anything else without your glasses.

#4687 1 year ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

When you try to install a ceiling fan and you can’t see the screw holes without taking off your glasses, but you can’t see anything else without your glasses.

You sound like a man who is wearing bifocals.

#4688 1 year ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Quoted from cottonm4:

You sound like a man who is wearing bifocals.

...when you can't remember how many times you put on and take off your glasses when doing any task.

#4689 1 year ago

...when the only muscle that actually feels good after you use it, doesn't get used much anymore!

#4690 1 year ago

Not too old to build this never opened Rollercoaster I found at a thrift shop!

20220517_185452 (resized).jpg20220517_185452 (resized).jpg
    #4691 1 year ago

I hope for taco bell tonite. Wife visiting my mother in law and hoping my baby talk texts convince her to bring home taco bell on the way home! My baby name is dunky. Dunky wants taco belly! I hope it works

#4692 1 year ago

..my wife texted and said Manhu Wok.
    That works! Hockey and Manchu wok for the Bacon...life is good.

#4693 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

My baby name is dunky. Dunky wants taco belly!

57237EAD-5BD8-4128-81A1-5ED36A9ED74E.gif57237EAD-5BD8-4128-81A1-5ED36A9ED74E.gif
    #4694 1 year ago

You know your getting old when...you start reading headlines like this "George W. Bush Mistakenly Condemns 'Unjustified and Brutal Invasion' of Iraq Instead of Ukraine". That's what you get when you listen to Mr. Mumbles to much when he is on.

#4695 1 year ago

I try to not get too jaded the older I get, but it is hard not to do.

I was in the military in the 70s. When I got out, I came back home and proceeded to make a living. The military was history. I had a good time while I was in service, but I never left the states and I made no sacrifice while in the service etc. etc.

Life went on. A few years ago, with the US involvement in Afghanistan and Iraq, this "thank you for your service" started making the rounds. Every once in a while I need to state that I am a veteran. Now, whenever I say I am a Vet I get this "Thank you for your service".

I know everybody means well, but they might as well be thanking me for "shopping at K-Mart". The saying comes across as an afterthought, or something that is being said just to be said so the sayer can feel better about theirselves.

We, the veterans, have become an advertising slogan. My neighbors, none of who have been in the military, are getting the same sales flyer in their mail box. I suppose I should be grateful, but I feel jaded; Annoyed.

Jiffy (resized).jpegJiffy (resized).jpeg

Why do I feel jaded? Because it is addressed to "Current resident". If it was addressed to me, I might feel different. But this "thank you for your service" is hokey shit that means nothing. Nothing at all.

I'll take your military discounts and I'll take your senior discounts. But I am tired of the "thank you" crap.

Jiffy 2 (resized).jpegJiffy 2 (resized).jpeg
    ================================
    Next up. I don't pay extra to buy anything organic in the grocery store. Why? Because I don't trust business; I don't trust the advertising.

I'm big on recycling. I have a recycle center I take all my recyclables to. Its cuts down on my trash going to the landfill by at least 90%. So, I am conscious about what is involved in recycling.

Here are some "cage free" eggs I was going to buy. You can see the company is concerned about the environment. How? Because the company says so; Right there on the plastic box: " We share your concern about the environment. We use recycled plastic packaging; Please recycle".

It's all bullshit.

The plastic they are using for their eggs case is made of #1 plastic. #1 plastic in the form of a 2-liter Coke container is recyclable. Once #1 plastic is turned into egg crate plastic it is trash; It has no recycle value in egg crate form.

But it gets worse for the Egg-Land company. Right next to the "recyclable" egg crate is the same company's logo on a Styrofoam egg crate. Styrofoam is not recyclable. Remember the other container?: " We share your concern about the environment. We use recycled plastic packaging; Please recycle".

This company wants it both ways. Nah. I see thru the BS. I bought another brand of eggs. I go for paper egg cartons when that is an option.

IMG_9801 (resized).jpgIMG_9801 (resized).jpg

IMG_9802 (resized).jpgIMG_9802 (resized).jpg

You know you are old when you can see thru the advertising BS---and it pisses you off

#4696 1 year ago

I can’t get used to the 90’s being “retro”. I was 28 in ‘92, so the 90’s kid shows and toys mean nothing to me. When I think of the 90’s, it doesn’t seem like 30 years ago.

#4697 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Next up. I don't pay extra to buy anything organic in the grocery store. Why? Because I don't trust business; I don't trust the advertising.

Reminds me when a store in my area had prime beef from the state fair winners.

I had a friend working there. He told me they had way more labels than beef.

#4698 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

You know you are old when you can see thru the advertising BS---and it pisses you off

Marketing is all about seduction and deception. I get so pissed at some of those ads for gimmicky junk that they try to peddle to old people, and especially the one for the "germ killing" showerhead!

#4699 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Now, whenever I say I am a Vet I get this "Thank you for your service".

I know everybody means well, but they might as well be thanking me for "shopping at K-Mart".

#4700 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I try to not get too jaded the older I get, but it is hard to do.
    I was in the military in the 70s. When I got out, I came back home and proceeded to make a living. The military was history. I had a good time while I was in service, but I never left the states and I made no sacrifice while in the service etc. etc.
    Life went on. A few years ago, with the US involvement in Afghanistan and Iraq, this "thank you for your service" started making the rounds. Every once in a while I need to state that I am a veteran. Now, whenever I say I am a Vet I get this "Thank you for your service".
    I know everybody means well, but they might as well be thanking me for "shopping at K-Mart". The saying comes across as an afterthought, or something that is being said just to be said so the sayer can feel better about theirselves.
    We, the veterans, have become an advertising slogan. My neighbors, none of who have been in the military, are getting the same sales flyer in their mail box. I suppose I should be grateful, but I feel jaded; Annoyed.
    [quoted image]
    Why do I feel jaded? Because it is addressed to "Current resident". If it was addressed to me, I might feel different. But this "thank you for your service" is hokey shit that means nothing. Nothing at all.
    I'll take your military discounts and I'll take your senior discounts. But I am tired of the "thank you" crap.
    [quoted image]
    ================================
    I'm big on recycling. I have a recycle center I take all my recyclables to. Its cuts down on my trash going to the landfill by at least 90%. So, I am conscious about what is involved in recycling.
    Here are some "cage free" eggs I was going to buy. You can see the company is concerned about the environment. How? Because the company says so; Right there on the plastic box: " We share your concern about the environment. We use recycled plastic packaging; Please recycle".
    It's all bullshit.
    The plastic they are using for their eggs case is made of #1 plastic. #1 plastic in the form of a 2-liter Coke container is recyclable. Once #1 plastic is turned into egg crate plastic it is trash; It has no recycle value in egg crate form.
    But it gets worse for the Egg-Land company. Right next to the "recyclable" egg crate is the same company's logo on a Styrofoam egg crate. Styrofoam is not recyclable. Remember the other container?: " We share your concern about the environment. We use recycled plastic packaging; Please recycle".
    This company wants it both ways. Nah. I see thru the BS. I bought another brand of eggs. I go for paper egg cartons when that is an option.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

I’m with you on the “Thank you for your service” overuse. It should make me feel appreciated, but it seems to lose its meaning when every time someone finds out I’m a veteran they utter the same 5 words.

There are 7,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-/page/94?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.