1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 1,299 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by wolverinetuner
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 208 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 7.10.04 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 7.09.22 PM (resized).png
    Shower Chair (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 12.26.41 AM (resized).png
    costume-guide-e1564234720220 (resized).jpg
    20180605_164047_LI (resized).jpg
    check stamper (resized).png
    images (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    C157A142-692C-4A29-A083-65C79C06442B (resized).jpeg
    2kL3sFT (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    il_fullxfull.1784701928_fnvc (resized).jpg
    Take-A-Penny-Tray (resized).png
    4_s (resized).jpg

There are 1299 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 26.
    #401 1 year ago

Yes and I took Drivers ED and already had my liscense!! Fremont High-class of 68 Oakland!!

#402 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

You know you are old when you remember taking driver education class in high school and you got to watch...
    Signal 30 !
    How many remember all of the old cars ?

Yup. Teachers taught drivers training during the summer. Three students per car. No cost to us. It was basically part of school. No idea what the name of the movie was but after watching it, you didn't ever want to get in a car again.

#403 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

You know you are old when you remember taking driver education class in high school and you got to watch...
    Signal 30 !
    How many remember all of the old cars ?

We watched "Mechanized death" Good stuff.

#404 1 year ago

Yes, Signal 30. I don’t remember it specifically but I remember it was gruesome. Driver’s Ed was a regular class for juniors, which included the real driving right during the school day.

I can still remember my driver’s ed teacher to this day, not his name but I remember him and what he looked like. He literally looked like the very stereotype of what you make a driver’s ed teacher to be - dark bags under his eyes, hunched over, always on edge. Every time we got in the car with him he would tell the same story of the one driver’s ed teacher who was killed in the car with a student driving. It seems funny sort of, but it was kinda disturbing.

It was a requirement that you were able to properly parallel park to pass driver’s ed or to get your driver’s license. That’s a lost skill these days.

#405 1 year ago

You read the Homepin thread and see most of the same actors from the Bumper Amusements debacle with the standard script of either posturing to be front and centre stage or point scoring against the rest of the cast.

Either the Australian pinball sandpit has shrunk in the last 5 years or we've been down this road before......
    r1-3a_roundabout (resized).jpg

#406 1 year ago

Well.... That was a little disturbing. But some how, I just had to watch it.

#407 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Yeah, those drivers ed movies must have been the inspiration for the "Faces of Death" series back in the 80s.

#408 1 year ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Quoted from Darcy:

For your viewing pleasure.

We got a discount on our car insurance if we took driver ed.

#409 1 year ago

When a couple girls are standing behind you and instead of first thinking they are looking at your a** you start to wonder if they are trying to steal your wallet

#410 1 year ago

You can't even get mad anymore without someone calling you negative? Like if I wanted to bray it up with the rest of the sheep I guess I'd have a lobotomy. lol

lobotomy-before-and-after (resized).jpg
    #411 1 year ago

& then there were the movies in health class...... remember "Boys beware"?

Hold on, is that Trudeau in that car?

#412 1 year ago

When pinball collectors think the Munsters is a good theme

#413 1 year ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Principles office? We got I right in front of the class if we didn't write our spelling words 10 times each.

I see what you did there.

#414 1 year ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

I remember that one. Not watching it again When I was in the military we had a state trooper give a presentation with accident photos. I vividly remember this young guy's head just sitting in the middle of the road looking right back at ya. I believe they said he was on a motorcycle and his neck hit a sign at just the right angle to take it clean off. Yuck!

#415 1 year ago
    Quoted from JY64:

When pinball collectors think the Munsters is a good theme

Or Elvira.

#416 1 year ago

....you remember when all you would see on TV at 4AM were test patterns.

#417 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

....you remember when all you would see on TV at 4AM were test patterns.

We could watch that for hours...

download (3) (resized).jpg
    #418 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Post 156
    LTG : )

Read through the whole thing. Post #97 beat you to it!

#419 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

We could watch that for hours...[quoted image]

"I'm watching a movie about Indians."
    "That's not a movie. That's a test pattern, man!"
    "I thought it was pretty boring, man!"

#420 1 year ago

Heck, I remember when ESPN was mostly color bars and a tone. They didn't have much to show, and would play the same bowling tournament telecast three times a day!

#421 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Nyic. nyic. nyic. INDIANS !

Even back then he played great characters and still does to this day.

Quoted from cottonm4:

Here is the coolest (to me) about ER. A couple of years ago, Netflix, or youtube had the full movie showing with enhanced video. With enhanced video and a big screen TV you see things you never saw before.

When Wyatt and Billy for hit the road (right about the time the watch hits the ground) there is a shot of Wyatt sitting on Captain America and there is this super long throttle cable swinging in the breeze. The cable is not clamped; It is not running thru any kind of guide. It is just way too long and it looks funny.

Billy starts messing with it and joking about it. As they ride off into the distance you can see Billy waving his hand and doing something. With the enhanced video you can see that he is screwing around and making fun of that way too long cable.

It takes a BIG screen TV (mine id 65") and the enhanced video to see this action. Check it out if you can. I have never read anybody talking about this on the Easy Rider "history" pages.

I am easily amused and when I saw this I was blown away. 50 years after that movie shows and I see this.

I bought the ER DVD back when there was no Blu ray and still have it. Will look for it.

#422 1 year ago

When you check today to see if there are any responses to the Pinside topic you posted last night. And realize you never clicked, post. That actually happened to me this week.

#423 1 year ago

When you grow your very own set of boobs?

#424 1 year ago

If you remember when the price of a new VW Beetle was $1899.00.

#425 1 year ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

If you remember when the price of a new VW Beetle was $1899.00.

$1499.00.

#426 1 year ago

First car I bought new was 1973 Toyota Corolla, $1,950.

#427 1 year ago

Ok, here is a store. Besides the obvious things aging brings on you become the old creepy guy to young girls even when you are just being polite to a young woman. I have a parrot that will scream his ass of and wake up the whole house if I don't take him on my morning walk with my dog. about this time of year the high school cross country girls start running along the greenbelt trails at the same time my mobile zoo and I are walking. The girls all think the bird and the dog is cute and want to pet the dog and play with the bird. These girls are 16-18 years old, great shape and wearing less than what a bikini would cover and they are all gathered around me talking a million miles an hour and squealing about how cute the bird and the dog is. At one time I would love all those cute girls around me but now it just makes me feel creepy. I try to be nice and look at their faces when I speak and not act in any way ungentlemanly but I just feel creepy. Then when one of them sees me with their parents and they say hello to me and their parents ask how she knows me and gives me the stink eye its really weird. Is this just me?

#428 1 year ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

You remember sitting in the front car seat as a little kid.
    Better yet, you remember riding on the speaker platform between the rear seat and rear window.
    Your seat belt/airbag was Mom's arm across your neck when coming to a quick stop.

Those were the days.

#429 1 year ago

About five year

Quoted from zr11990:

Ok, here is a store. Besides the obvious things aging brings on you become the old creepy guy to young girls even when you are just being polite to a young woman. I have a parrot that will scream his ass of and wake up the whole house if I don't take him on my morning walk with my dog. about this time of year the high school cross country girls start running along the greenbelt trails at the same time my mobile zoo and I are walking. The girls all think the bird and the dog is cute and want to pet the dog and play with the bird. These girls are 16-18 years old, great shape and wearing less than what a bikini would cover and they are all gathered around me talking a million miles an hour and squealing about how cute the bird and the dog is. At one time I would love all those cute girls around me but now it just makes me feel creepy. I try to be nice and look at their faces when I speak and not act in any way ungentlemanly but I just feel creepy. Then when one of them sees me with their parents and they say hello to me and their parents ask how she knows me and gives me the stink eye its really weird. Is this just me?

About 5 years ago, over drinks and a cigar after a comic show, a friend of mine complained about there being nothing you can do without being the "creepy guy". When he was younger (20's), and I was teenager, he was a good looking, hip, counter-culture, not quite hippie kind of comic dealer. I was shocked to hear this, and even by his acknowledgement, I wasn't at this point yet.

Now I am. Clearly.

#430 1 year ago

You remember the rat pack.

Rat pack (resized).jpg
    #431 1 year ago

When you used to be able to ride in the bed of a pick up.

#432 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

To quote a Jimmy Buffett song "can I get an Amen! for a hundred dollar pick up truck!".

#433 1 year ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

To quote a Jimmy Buffett song "can I get an Amen! for a hundred dollar pick up truck!".

If the following has to be explained you just ain't old enough.

Door Number Three

Let's Make a Deal !

#434 1 year ago

When you can remember opening a bottle of aspirin and the first thing you saw in the bottle was a wad of cotton. When, if you were so inclined, you could unscrew the lid from a jar of mayonnaise (for example)and swipe your finger in the stuff and then put the jar back on the shelf. When there was no security packaging of any kind.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/24/health/tylenol-murders-cyanide-somethings-killing-me/index.html

#436 1 year ago

If you've ever been on a party line.

#437 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

In an open bed pickup. With a keg of beer and a bunch of knuckleheads. Driving down I-5 to see a concert.

#438 1 year ago

Listening to GOLD FM and SMOOTH FM (golden oldies radio stations in Australia)! I used to laugh at my parents when they listened to these stations back in the 80s, and now, I can't get enough of them!

#439 1 year ago

If you see old phone with dial disk

#440 1 year ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

From Eric: "...can we each have a photo because we are only dating and we each have our own house. She stared at me for about 5 seconds and ripped up the photo saying, good that will come in handy when she leaves you!

Are they still together?

#441 1 year ago
    Quoted from LongsdaleX:

If you see old phone with dial disk

If you're using one...

#442 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

If you're using one...

I have one in my basement. Just having a land line these days may mean you're old.

#443 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Are they still together?

Yes.

#444 1 year ago

when I look in the mirror

#445 1 year ago

You meet an old girlfriend and she tells you about her grand child’s college graduation.

#446 1 year ago

When you want to pay cash for something. . . certain places won't even take it any more. I was recently denied at the doctor's office and a hotel.
    If I really want to mess with younger people I will pay for lunch with two dollar bills and fifty cent pieces (non silver ones). I might as well be giving monopoly money by the looks on their faces.

#447 1 year ago

I was talking to a younger Bald co-worker lamenting the fact that my hair is thinning. He told me to just shave it off.
    I said no way I wouldn't look good bald I would look like Kojak. He just looked at me and said who?
    God I thought everyone new Kojak.

dpa-files-a-file-picture-shows-actor-telly-savalas-aka-kojak-in-the-D3BYR9 (resized).jpg
    #448 1 year ago

When after you wake up it takes your eyes another 15 min to join you.

#449 1 year ago
    Quoted from sulli10:

You meet an old girlfriend and she tells you about her grand child’s college graduation.

Just remember her as she was......

#450 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gomer1969:

I was talking to a younger Bald co-worker lamenting the fact that my hair is thinning. He told me to just shave it off.
    I said no way I wouldn't look good bald I would look like Kojak. He just looked at me and said who?
    God I thought everyone new Kojak.
    [quoted image]

Who loves you, baby?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.99
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 41.00
    $ 25.50
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    € 3.70
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 197.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 625.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 17.00
    There are 1299 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 26.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside