Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,611 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    chip can (resized).jpg
    IMG_4874 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-07-13-43-03-50_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    There are 7,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 153.
    #4401 2 years ago

When the younger guys at work call u ‘uncle’

#4402 2 years ago

I have reached put to Melanie Joly..asking for more substance on her second last tweet.

#4403 2 years ago

I confess..nice looking girl at beer store..I fancy her but know nothing will ever happen..and I'm good.

#4404 2 years ago

Heck, I've seen the exact same picture posted in the "Funny Captions Thread" six posts apart!

#4405 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Did anyone ever buy anything from them after getting the 12 for a penny?

I did. It was not a bad deal at all, even after the extremely high shipping costs.

#4406 2 years ago

The Flea Market sells the best quality rock tshirts in my town. Excellent quality and worth every penny. Don't buy them on line. You want thick cotton with a quality band image.

#4407 2 years ago

Remember my Mom listening to Rambling with Gambling on the radio and hearing the Vietnam war casualty count everyday.

#4408 2 years ago

The athletes you grew up watching become coaches and their kids are playing professionally.

#4409 2 years ago
    Quoted from Amanoly:

The athletes you grew up watching become coaches and their kids are playing professionally.

The athletes I grew up watching are mostly all dead!

#4410 2 years ago

You know you are old when..... your entire dating pool consists of your ex-girlfriend's daughters

#4411 2 years ago

You know you're old when you remember when the lead guitarist for the Stones was called Keith Richard.
    When I was 14 and thought I knew everything, I used to go around correcting people when they would call him "Keith Richards".
    It turns out he was "Keith Richards" all along, and it was his manager that came up with "Keith Richard" in 1963.
    My friends and I had always heard that he just got tired of people calling him "Richards" and changed it to match.
    Actually, he was born Keith Richards and we were just young idiots.
    Ah, the days!!!

KeithRichardsHand (resized).jpegKeithRichardsHand (resized).jpeg
    #4412 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

The athletes I grew up watching are mostly all dead!

False..
    Not Bruce Jenner!

#4413 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

False..
    Not Bruce Jenner!

...but is he <i>really</i> alive?

#4414 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

...but is he <i>really</i> alive?

Not sure but felt sorry for him-her getting shaded by lady gaga at the Oscar's...damn Gaga..b.i.t.c.h

#4415 2 years ago

Do you have a friar tuck head? You may be old.

20220330_142105 (resized).jpg20220330_142105 (resized).jpg
    #4416 2 years ago

When you request a day off for a concert, knowing that you need more then 5 hours of sleep before the next days work

#4417 2 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

we were just young idiots

Glad to know I was not alone on the idiot part.

Maybe I should start a thread titled, " What is the stupidest thing you have ever done?"

#4418 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

[quoted image]

I’m not there yet, but thinking of growing a skullet, as I have my dads fn forehead/receding hairline…lol

#4419 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

[quoted image]

God only made a few perfect heads. The rest he covered with hair.

#4420 2 years ago

…. You are the only one in the group that has an opinion on the question of Ginger or Mary Ann! (Or even know who they are)

#4421 2 years ago

Mary-Ann for sure! One of the best shows!

Quoted from Markharris2000:…. You are the only one in the group that has an opinion on the question of Ginger or Mary Ann! (Or even know who they are)

#4422 2 years ago

When you're still talking about Michael Jordan

#4423 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Mary-Ann for sure!

Mrs. Howell

Whoo Chee mama

LTG : )

#4424 2 years ago

You know you are old when..... You worry because there is a Toyota parked in the neighborhood.
    Screenshot 2022-03-29 at 01-36-35 7q1ux1rnslp81.jpg (JPEG Image 1080 × 1080 pixels) — Scaled (88%) (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-03-29 at 01-36-35 7q1ux1rnslp81.jpg (JPEG Image 1080 × 1080 pixels) — Scaled (88%) (resized).png

#4425 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You know you are old when..... You worry because there is a Toyota parked in the neighborhood.
    [quoted image]

Are they doing Candid Camera again??

#4426 2 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Are they doing Candid Camera again??

No lack of homeless people in Cali

#4427 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

No lack of homeless people in Cali

At the rate things are happening with rental rates around the country I'm thinking we are going to start seeing tent cities in a lot of cities.

#4428 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

At the rate things are happening with rental rates around the country I'm thinking we are going to start seeing tent cities in a lot of cities.

I have 3 rental houses, and 2 are rented to retirees, and no way will I go up on their rent, even though property taxes are killing me and causing me to work more to pay it.

I am old enough to know that everything is costing my tenants more, and they have been great for many years, so I am trying to be great right back.

I just wish there was some easy way to fake the paperwork, so that the houses could get the cheaper over 65 rates on property taxes.

Luckily so far insurance costs have been steady, it is just the property taxes that are out of control.

#4429 2 years ago

25 years ago my niece called me an OLD MAN. I was only 35 at the time and this year I called her an OLD WOMAN as she turned 35.

#4430 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I have 3 rental houses, and 2 are rented to retirees, and no way will I go up on their rent, even though property taxes are killing me and causing me to work more to pay it.

You are an honorable man. Not a Wall Street vulture who loaded up on properties during the pandemic when more than few landlords had to sell to the deep pockets. Wall Street hedge funds have been busy loading up on rentals all over the southern states. Now, they are jacking the rent of all these renters, some who have been living in the same apartment for years. I fail to see how many of these people whose rents have been boosted from $900.00/month to $1500.00/ month with a 30 day notice. It is the American Way, I suppose, but it does not seem right.

#4431 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

You are an honorable man.

I agree with cottonm4 you JohnnyPinball007 have heart and understand what these people are going through. Most of the homes in my addition are being bought up by a California company and not doing upkeep on them. But raising the rent. I talked to my neighbor who came from the country of Niger and has to keep documentation of the broke things in his house that he rents so they don't blame him. His water leaks in the kitchen and is damaging the area around it and the landlord won't fix it. But they increased his rent to $1650 a month. He told me he would like to buy it but they want an arm and a leg for it. I used to charge a $1,000 for one of my rentals a few years ago and took less $850 when my nephew and his family moved in. I have since sold it to them at a reduced amount from what I could have gotten out of it.

I just don't have the heart anymore and moving out of my house to move into my last rental as it is in better condition than my current house. It needs work and now that I have no job and retired I can sell it to someone else and be done with it. Just one less worry that I have I guess.

#4432 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

You are an honorable man. Not a Wall Street vulture who loaded up on properties during the pandemic when more than few landlords had to sell to the deep pockets.

Oh they are still loading up. Atlanta is just a few tenths of a percentage higher than Charlotte for investor owned homes. I'm starting to see news articles talking about the housing bubble now and according to the article this came from, some HOAs are starting to create rules to forbid renting in the first few years of ownership. Prices are just friggin insane....

image (5) (resized).pngimage (5) (resized).png

#4433 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

You are an honorable man. Not a Wall Street vulture who loaded up on properties during the pandemic when more than few landlords had to sell to the deep pockets. Wall Street hedge funds have been busy loading up on rentals all over the southern states. Now, they are jacking the rent of all these renters, some who have been living in the same apartment for years. I fail to see how many of these people whose rents have been boosted from $900.00/month to $1500.00/ month with a 30 day notice. It is the American Way, I suppose, but it does not seem right.

Quoted from mcluvin:

Oh they are still loading up. Atlanta is just a few tenths of a percentage higher than Charlotte for investor owned homes. I'm starting to see news articles talking about the housing bubble now and according to the article this came from, some HOAs are starting to create rules to forbid renting in the first few years of ownership. Prices are just friggin insane....
    [quoted image]

I read several years ago that one resort town in Colorado where the multi-millionaires all wanted to live that the price of housing went millionaire and no working man could afford to live there. So, the businesses that needed workers started bussing them in.

It sounds like it is really going to be an abysmal affair to be renter when Wall Street comes to town.

#4434 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

It sounds like it is really going to be an abysmal affair to be renter when Wall Street comes to town.

In my area, it is not only wall street, but also Amazon, UPS, and Fed-ex have built new warehouses, not to mention a large Google complex that has been still expanding for a while.

I average 20 pieces of junk mail a week from "investors" wanting to buy my houses.

In the meantime new houses and townhouses are being built on every piece of vacant land.

Traffic used to be awesome here, now it sucks.

I still love this area though, I plan to live here for the rest of my life.

I have never been married or had kids, but 25 years ago I did a will, that would take care of my relatives.

If I outlive my relatives I plan to make a new will to give the rental houses to the tenants.

I may soon make a new will anyway, that my wishes are that at the least the tenants can buy the houses for a huge discount if I die or something.

I am lucky to have great tenants now, I had some very bad ones in the past. So bad at one time about 2009 I was almost ready to just let one house go back to the bank.

I am not rich, and I worked my ass off for everything I have.

I still work my ass off for 30-40 hours a week, and I feel semi-retired vs the 70-80 hours a week I worked for decades when I was younger.

Other "landlords", "investors", think I am stupid that I am still renting houses for 995 while they are at 1600 now.

If someone decides to move, yes the new price will be 1400 or 1500 to the next tenant in this market.

But whatever the price is, I will never go up on a tenant for as long as they want to stay.

I only have 3 rentals, my goal was to have 5, but that will never happen now, and fine with me.

I used to go out to eat a lot, and spend $100 a week on food, now I never go out to eat and spend less than $100 a month on food. Funny thing is I am just as happy, and just as full.

And just because I never married or had kids means nothing to me. When I was young I never dated, I was working 12 hours a day 7 days a week and I loved what I did. I had no time for a girlfriend, did not even think about it.

When I first slowed down a little then I started having a girlfriend.

Some snored too damn loud, some took drugs, and I did not like that, but my current girlfriend of the last 5 years is still awesome, and I think we will be able to grow old together.

Sorry for the long rant, but as far as my tenants, well they had already been with me for a few years before the virus stuff, and seen that I never went up on rent, and I have any problem fixed as soon as I can, but I was still a tad afraid with the virus stuff and a freeze on evictions that they may pull something.

None did. They paid on time. (Well, one did call me crying one time, they had never been late, but they had a problem and was going to be 5 days late, and they knew they would have to pay the late charge).

I said no, no late charge, you are fine, I hope everything works out for you.

The last 2 years have been priceless when I give them all a new lease to sign for another year, and they see the price is still 995. They actually tear up and say thank you.

Had any of them pulled any crap while the virus eviction stuff was in place I would have sold the house to an investor while they were still living in it.

Now all of my tenants stand to gain owning the house, if something happens to me.

And FUCK all these investors!

(Oh, these investors send me all these pretty little postcards with a picture of a family and a dog sitting around a Christmas tree, talking about we are trying to get into the rental market and we would love to buy your house at __________).

I am sure that is wall street bullshit, and these people have been hired to try to buy all the houses they can for those "investors".

Anyone that raises the rent on a tenant that was never late during the virus stuff has no soul.

#4435 2 years ago

JohnnyPinball007 you said that you have big warehouses there from Amazon and such. Not sure if you heard about this but the Walmart Distribution Center went up fast here and it can change your areas development somewhat check out the link.

https://www.wthr.com/video/news/local/plainfield-warehouse-fire-6-am-thursday-update/531-c622f393-44a5-439e-a791-00f89d5fa060

1.2 million square feet luckily everybody got out before it really got going!

#4436 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Ask them to put you in their will.

#4437 2 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Ask them to put you in their will.

If they did not have children, which are grown now, that would be a good idea.

Anyway I had a 3 hour nap today, the longest I have had in a long while.

I guess you are old when you look forward to a long afternoon nap.

#4438 2 years ago

I used to think having a nap was weak...
    now I am if I don't get one.

#4439 2 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

I used to think having a nap was weak...
    now I am if I don't get one.

Now that I am retired, I, too, have become a fan of the afternoon nap.

#4440 2 years ago

Careful with those naps, I saw a recent news article about a link with Alzheimer's.

https://www.everydayhealth.com/dementia/excessive-daytime-naps-may-signal-early-dementia

Of course, a correlation doesn’t necessarily mean the naps cause the dementia, they might just be indicative. Basically, they found that the naps got longer faster in people eventually diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

I stopped needing naps myself once I no longer had to get up early to try and get the kiddo to school.

#4441 2 years ago

You know you’re getting old when… A buddy of yours at work years ago then you work with his kids and the other day I’m training his grandkid !!

#4442 2 years ago

New to this thread and I’m not going to read through 89 pages to see if this one’s been said yet…

You know you’re old when your family talks about you while you’re sitting right there and they don’t ask you to chime in. It happened to me today…what the hell?

#4443 2 years ago
    Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

New to this thread and I’m not going to read through 89 pages to see if this one’s been said yet…
    You know you’re old when your family talks about you while you’re sitting right there and they don’t ask you to chime in. It happened to me today…what the hell?

And to make a point,
    if you do it right back they think YOU'RE nuts!

#4444 2 years ago

It’s especially bad when they discuss how they’re going to divvy up your pinball collection when you’re gone and don’t want you to chime in.

#4445 2 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

It’s especially bad when they discuss how they’re going to divvy up your pinball collection when you’re gone and don’t want you to chime in.

Yeah that’s particularly bad!!!!

#4446 2 years ago

Well, how old are ya there, pops?

#4447 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, how old are ya there, pops?

Well, from his handle I'd say 35, in which case he's not old enough to be reading this thread. Lol

#4448 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Well, from his handle I'd say 35, in which case he's not old enough to be reading this thread. Lol

Ha! I’ll definitely take 35. Actually, reverse the numbers. I’m 53. The 1987 in my handle refers to the year I graduated high school.

#4449 2 years ago

You're not old until you can at least get the senior citizen's discount.

#4450 2 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

Ha! I’ll definitely take 35. Actually, reverse the numbers. I’m 53. The 1987 in my handle refers to the year I graduated high school.

Well, you can shut them all up by saying, " I intend to sell all of the pins so there will not be any fighting over them when I'm gone." Suddenly, you will be the center of attention. They will be wanting you to chime in real quick

There are 7,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-/page/89?hl=charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.