Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,740 posts
  • 365 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Zartan
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220524_113739 (resized).jpg
    20220524_154046 (resized).jpg
    20220524_154106 (resized).jpg
    e4761dc0-d9ef-11ec-83ef-ec3b680b6685 (resized).jpeg
    D71FE7A9-40CF-4C2D-AEB2-938D5A00F9DB (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 8.03.22 PM (resized).jpg
    IMG_9802 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9801 (resized).jpg
    Jiffy 2 (resized).jpeg
    Jiffy (resized).jpeg
    57237EAD-5BD8-4128-81A1-5ED36A9ED74E.gif
    20220517_185452 (resized).jpg
    a64d2c04-acb2-4548-91c2-2f7e474a13d9.__CR0,0,300,300_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
    IMG_9776 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 6.55.09 PM (resized).jpg

There are 4,740 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 95.
    #4151 4 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Lot's of Boomer's biting the dust.

Watch those apostrophés!

#4152 4 months ago

Your first indication that you are getting old: The girls and ladies don't give to a 2nd glance, anymore.

Your 2nd indication: When you no longer care that you don't get that 2nd glance and think more about going fishing. Or restoring a hog oiler

#4153 4 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

"Your first indication that you are getting old: The girls and ladies don't give to a 2nd glance, anymore."

They never looked at me when I was young either!

In fact....the only time they ever paid attention to me, was when I was pushing one of my kids in the stroller, or I had the dog.

#4154 4 months ago

Same here...you get used to it.

#4155 4 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Lot's of Boomer's biting the dust.

I'm sure this will get me a downvote, but the geezer rockers are starting to drop like flies.

In another 10 years or so, rock and roll, which was never going die, will be dead and a foot note in the history books.

#4156 4 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Watch those apostrophés!

He's getting old. Give him some slack

#4157 4 months ago

One other indication you are getting old: Your handwriting starts to look like your grandparents handwriting.

#4158 4 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

"I'm sure this will get me a downvote, but the geezer rockers are starting to drop like flies."

Except for Keith Richards. He's going to outlive all of us.

#4159 4 months ago

When a buddy calls u, and u decide, spur of the moment, to go golfing instead of maybe having a nooner w the old lady..maybe this is more of a confessional

#4160 4 months ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Except for Keith Richards. He's going to outlive all of us.

You are aware that KR gave up the booze? And the smoking, too.

https://www.kxly.com/i/keith-richards-done-and-dusted-with-alcohol/

"Keith revealed last November that he’d stopped drinking and smoking but admitted it was a “tough” regime to stick to while spending so much time at home due to the coronavirus pandemic.

He said: “Now I’m a non-smoker and a non-drinker. It’s tough under these conditions but so far, so good.”

#4161 4 months ago

They never looked at me when I was young either!
    In fact....the only time they ever paid attention to me, was when I was pushing one of my kids in the stroller, or I had the dog.

In all fairness when a girl asks you in high school what your doing tonight and you reply playing dungeons and dragons in your buddy's crawl space does not help matters...that actually did happen to someone I know.

#4162 4 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

In all fairness when a girl asks you in high school what your doing tonight and you reply playing dungeons and dragons in your buddy's crawl space does not help matters...that actually did happen to someone I know.

The fact that I was overweight and drove a 61' Econoline pickup, didn't help things.

#4163 4 months ago

Very excited for my wife to arrive with Taco Bell!! It’s a treat but tonight I guarantee people across the Lake are going to wonder who the F is blowing a fog horn at this time of the night!

#4164 4 months ago

The fact that I was overweight and drove a 61' Econoline pickup, didn't help things.

I would like to have one of those Econoline pickups today. I know where one is sitting in a salvage yard that could be restored but the guy probably wants a fortune for it.

Of course, in a front end crash not even an airbag would help you.

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 11.25.19 AM (resized).png

#4165 4 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I would like to have one of those Econoline pickups today. I know where one is sitting in a salvage yard that could be restored but the guy probably wants a fortune for it.
    [quoted image]

Trust me, as cool as they are......the girls in high school 1979, were not lining up to ride in it.

#4166 4 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

In a front end crash, you are the air bag. Very cool truck though.

#4167 4 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

In a front end crash, you are the air bag. Very cool truck though.

Funny thing, we were just talking about that at work today.

I lost my beloved Econoline in 1982, coming home from the midnight movies.
    A drunk driver in a big Ford LTD lost control on a curve and slid in front of me.
    I broadsided him and totaled my truck. The impact folded the dashboard upward and pushed it back as far as the seats.
    Luckily I was just bruised up. My buddy had to go to the hospital for stiches in his head.
    All in all, we came out of it fairly well. The Econoline was destroyed, and the drunk that caused it went home and had more drinks.

So yeah....not so good in a front end collision.

#4168 4 months ago

Wow, Meat Loaf and now Louie Anderson, on the same day.

Edit: and oh cripes, you gotta be kidding, now Lyman? WTF?

#4169 4 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

You are aware that KR gave up the booze? And the smoking, too.

That's a bad sign. Guys usually die soon after cleaning up.

LTG : )

#4170 4 months ago

Just horribly stunning and sad news.

#4171 4 months ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Wow, Meat Loaf and now Louie Anderson, on the same day.
    Edit: and oh cripes, you gotta be kidding, now Lyman? WTF?

That was my reaction earlier today as well.

#4172 4 months ago

The final Lap!

20220121_155313 (resized).jpg
    #4173 4 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

The final Lap!
    [quoted image]

Old guys can't eat that stuff! Not without Digel.

#4174 4 months ago

Nevermind.

#4175 4 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

In another 10 years or so, rock and roll, which was never going die, will be dead and a foot note in the history books.

Bah, the kids are going to be alright.

#4176 4 months ago

Have a Grand child my first coming in 6 months. Look out for grandpa and grandmaThe greatest toys ever! See good thing I scored that wagon on a Finley dog walk!

#4177 4 months ago

...If you remember Yvette Mimieux who passed away last week. https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/18/arts/yvette-mimieux-dead.html

#4178 4 months ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

If you remember Yvette Mimieux

The Time Machine.

LTG : )

#4179 4 months ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

...If you remember Yvette Mimieux who passed away last week. https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/18/arts/yvette-mimieux-dead.html

Article blocked problay cause I’ve read so many times articles for free but will research

#4180 4 months ago

Fantastic movie one of my top 5
    The godfather being number one tied with Citizen Kane

#4181 4 months ago

You have an uncontrolled urge to collect vintage reel to reel tape machines.

#4182 4 months ago

You have an uncontrolled urge to collect vintage reel to reel tape machines.

Boo! That would be me!

#4183 4 months ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Didn't know she passed. She was cute. She was in an episode of "One Step Beyond". That was a really cool and creepy show. Still love watching it.

#4184 4 months ago

One more.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/don-wilson-guitarist-ventures-dies-174502118.html

" Don Wilson, co-founder and rhythm guitarist of the instrumental guitar band The Ventures, has died.
    "He was 88.

" The Ventures had 14 singles in the Billboard Hot 100. With over 100 million records sold, the Ventures are the best-selling instrumental band of all time.

" He didn't miss a tour until his retirement in 2015, according to the family’s statement.

#4185 4 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Fantastic movie one of my top 5
    The godfather being number one tied with Citizen Kane

Edit: godfather 1 and 2 interchangeable

The wedding scene is extraordinary film

#4186 4 months ago

I have been thinking of leaving Canada and mining for gold in Guyana. Should I do this?

#4187 4 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I have been thinking of leaving Canada and mining for gold in Guyana. Should I do this?

Drinking again?

#4188 4 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Sure. Why not.

#4189 4 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Are you thinking of going to Jonestown and looking for some of Jim Jones leftover Kool Aide?

#4190 3 months ago

Or maybe this -

#4191 3 months ago

When one of your musical heroes hits 80 and decides its time to cash in.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/25/media/bob-dylan-sony-music-intl-hnk/index.html

" Bob Dylan has sold his entire catalog of recorded music to Sony Music.

" The recording company described the deal for 60 years worth of music as a "landmark agreement" in a statement. The deal was concluded in July last year, but announced Monday.
    The deal includes "the entirety of Bob Dylan's recorded body of work since 1962," according to Sony Music, beginning with his self-titled debut album and continuing through 2020's "Rough and Rowdy Ways." Sony added the agreement also includes the rights to multiple future releases from Dylan.

#4192 3 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Why not stay in Canada and mine your backyard?

#4193 3 months ago

Remember the guy on the left? The one wearing the toupee.

636005823478760498-XXX-SW28-ALICOSELL-23-RGB-45902763 (resized).JPG

#4195 3 months ago

Elephant in the room says raise your hand if you have tits

#4196 3 months ago

You're old when you think a bunch of old keys are cool.
    I found these in our 1904 warehouse (my "storage unit"), inside the vault that I finally broke into last year.
    Looks like clock winders, small tools, and other weird and complex little keys. I wish I had all of the locks and machines that these keys operated.
    Most everything in this town from its heyday in the 19th and early 20th centuries was sold for scrap long ago. We're trying to save a few old buildings, and the few historical artifacts that we've found here.

20220125_110439.jpg
    #4197 3 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Remember the guy on the left? The one wearing the toupee.
    [quoted image]

How many people knew Howard Cosell was a communist?

#4198 3 months ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

How many people knew Howard Cosell was a communist?

I'm guessing just you.

#4199 3 months ago
    Quoted from RTS:

I'm guessing just you.

He was a bonafide member of the communist party.

#4200 3 months ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

He was a bonafide member of the communist party.

How did he escape the clutches of Joe McCarthy in the 50s?

I guess I could just say “prove it.”

There are 4,740 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!