Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,609 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    chip can (resized).jpg
    IMG_4874 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-07-13-43-03-50_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    There are 7,609 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 153.
    #4101 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

No doubt those Nuns have him building a church somewhere!

"Lilies of the Field"; GREAT film!

#4102 2 years ago

Going to play sports lottery ,,not looking too classy...anyhow...I’m leaving and my wife says you forgot the bag. I said what bag? The one to put over your face! Damn I laughed

#4103 2 years ago

In all fairness I did mention we should make money as bouncy castles.

#4104 2 years ago

I’m not that fat. Tbh. Xlarge size. Drinking and posting don’t mix well. Have a nice day.

#4105 2 years ago

...you know you are old ...
    I went bowling on Saturday for first time in a while. I'm still sore. bowling. seriously. bowling

#4106 2 years ago
    Quoted from curban:

...you know you are old ...
    I went bowling on Saturday for first time in a while. I'm still sore. bowling. seriously. bowling

Hey it takes energy to get that 12lb rock down the lane!

#4107 2 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

Hey it takes energy to get that 12lb rock down the lane!

Twelve pounds? That's a little girl's ball!
    A big mistake people make when bowling is that they bend their backs rather than their knees.
    So, if your back is sore, next time take my advice. Then you'll have sore knees instead!

#4108 2 years ago

I never bowl because, oddly, it invariably brings on an attack of tendinitis in my feet.

I probably just need to stretch more, but I find I don't have time to stretch my feet every day just in case I ever decide to go bowling!

Probably been 15 years since I even tried to bowl. No doubt other things would hurt too afterward nowadays. I'm looking at you, shoulders. (I can't even lean on a pin I'm playing for very long.)

Growing old is just a process of finding more reasons not to do more things, I think.

#4109 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

A big mistake people make when bowling is that they bend their backs rather than their knees.
    So, if your back is sore, next time take my advice. Then you'll have sore knees instead!

But we all spend our idle time lifting 300 pound plywood boxes full of electrical components, then countless hours bending over repairing them.

#4110 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Actually, I've used a 16lb ball my entire life...except last Saturday when I went for the 15lb ball. Almost everything hurts...back, shoulders, knees, and hips...either I was bending everything or I was bending nothing...not sure which.

#4111 2 years ago

... when you are filling out an online form and it asks you to enter your birthday, but the year you were born is lower than the lowest year on the dropdown selection list.

1_ay_L2__hCkU2NStSWoYPcw (resized).jpeg1_ay_L2__hCkU2NStSWoYPcw (resized).jpeg
    #4112 2 years ago

Remember doing this in grade school? Would have saved our asses huh?

shelter (resized).jpgshelter (resized).jpg
    #4113 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Remember doing this in grade school? Would have saved our asses huh?

Make it easier to do a body count by the shadows left behind.

LTG : )

#4114 2 years ago

..when Brittany Spears is now a cougar

#4115 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Remember doing this in grade school? Would have saved our asses huh?[quoted image]

My GF grew up in Ponca City OK and had to do the crawling under the desk thing. In my small Kansas town, I think we moved into the hallway and put our hands over the back of our necks. It was one time only. We never did any faux nuclear prep again.

#4116 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Remember doing this in grade school? Would have saved our asses huh?[quoted image]

I remember always seeing those "Fallout Shelter" signs inside and outside of my school building, and most public buildings, and not really knowing what the heck they meant. I started going to school in the late 60s, and by that time, those drills had pretty much stopped.

Just for fun, I found one of those signs and it now is on the wall in my game room.

DSC_0102 (resized).JPGDSC_0102 (resized).JPG

#4117 2 years ago

Great looking game room and bar Scotty!

#4118 2 years ago

Timber sports Canadian under review for illegal cookie chop. Refs are clearly out to lunch the cookie was flawed before it hit the floor..

20220119_121605 (resized).jpg20220119_121605 (resized).jpg20220119_121610 (resized).jpg20220119_121610 (resized).jpg20220119_121626 (resized).jpg20220119_121626 (resized).jpg
    #4119 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Timber sports Canadian under review for illegal cookie chop. Refs are clearly out to lunch the cookie was flawed before it hit the floor..
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

"Spanning the globe with a constant variety of sports...." The agony of an illegal cookie!

#4120 2 years ago

The truck I bought from the family business (where I drove it when new) is eligible for historical vehicle plates this year.

I'll probably go that route as it only makes the occasional trip when something needs to be hauled. Everything else -- a pin included -- fits in the Jeep.

#4121 2 years ago
    Quoted from Scotty_K:

Just for fun, I found one of those signs and it now is on the wall in my game room.

There is all kinds of that Civil Defense crap we grew up with during the 50s and 60s. Some was quite laughable. I recall reading one that said in event of nuclear "whatever" you should get on the highway and leave town. Hell, a city under siege with a hurricane can't keep the highways from clogging up.

ebay.com link: sch

My pride and joy is this parody poster that I found several years ago.

s-l1600-1 (resized).jpgs-l1600-1 (resized).jpg

Make no mistake. The threat was real, but a policy of Mutually Assured Destruction kept both the U.S. and the Soviets real. Or at least, we were convinced it was real. Some built bomb shelters in their back yard, but most everybody kept going to work everyday and just shrugged our shoulders and joked that in case of nuclear attack, ground Zero was the place to be.

And yes, that is a nice looking game room.

#4122 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

There is all kinds of that Civil Defense crap we grew up with during the 50s and 60s. Some was quite laughable. I recall reading one that said in event of nuclear "whatever" you should get on the highway and leave town. Hell, a city under siege with a hurricane can't keep the highways from clogging up.
    ebay.com link: sch
    [quoted image]
    Make no mistake. The threat was real, but a policy of Mutually Assured Destruction kept both the U.S. and the Soviets real. Or at least, we were convinced it was real. Some built bomb shelters in their back yard, but most everybody kept going to work everyday and just shrugged our shoulders and joked that in case of nuclear attack, ground Zero was the place to be.
    And yes, that is a nice looking game room.

#4123 2 years ago

I’m 100% convinced that human error or insanity are finally going to catch up with us, and a nuclear catastrophe will happen sometime in the next 50 years. The fear of nuclear war is completely gone, and that’s a bad thing.

#4124 2 years ago

Post pictures of your corvette on a website dedicated to pinballs

#4125 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I’m 100% convinced that human error or insanity are finally going to catch up with us, and a nuclear catastrophe will happen sometime in the next 50 years. The fear of nuclear war is completely gone, and that’s a bad thing.

Bombs and bullets are obsolete, my friend. We're right now living through 21st century warfare!

#4126 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I'd go with insanity. So idiot launches one, takes out someone else's major city. And then others take sides and join in.

Look at WW1. A little nobody got assassinated and all hell broke loose. At a time when most of the heads of Europe were related.

LTG : (

#4127 2 years ago
    remote (resized).jpgremote (resized).jpg
    #4128 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]

Yes! I had one of those, too, back in the day.

Thanks for the compliments on the game room, guys. I'm going to be posting some updated photos of the whole room on the game room thread within the next few days.

#4129 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

remote (resized).jpg

I had one of those same remotes for grabbing me another beer from the fridge. Very handy!

#4130 2 years ago

You know you are old, if you know what this is:

555 (resized).jpg555 (resized).jpg
    #4131 2 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I had one of those same remotes for grabbing me another beer from the fridge. Very handy!

Remote control? I thought that was a dishwasher.

#4132 2 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

You know you are old, if you know what this is:[quoted image]

Is that a time machine from 1948?

QSS

#4133 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

The fear from the common man is gone. But the top military brass are under no such illusions.

Quoted from jrpinball:

Bombs and bullets are obsolete, my friend. We're right now living through 21st century warfare!

That BS with Reagan 35 years ago was a lot of smoke an mirrors. The U.S. and Russia both still armed to the teeth. Sure, we have less nuclear bombs laying around, but there is still enough stockpile to destroy the globe.

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 9.40.05 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-01-20 at 9.40.05 AM (resized).png

https://www.state.gov/transparency-in-the-u-s-nuclear-weapons-stockpile/

Let's not stop with the U.S. and Russia.

Here are the nine sisters that can blow everybody up.

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 9.51.46 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-01-20 at 9.51.46 AM (resized).png

#4134 2 years ago

You know you are old, if you know what this is:[quoted image]

Hog oiler. Never seen one in operation but know what it is from years of antiquing.

#4135 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Let's not stop with the U.S. and Russia.

Here are the nine sisters that can blow everybody up.

Pretty crazy that Ukraine etc. didn't keep a handful after the breakup.

#4136 2 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Is that a time machine from 1948?
    QSS

Uh...sort of, I guess.

Quoted from AlexF:

Hog oiler. Never seen one in operation but know what it is from years of antiquing.

But, Alex wins!

I have never seen one in operation either.

#4137 2 years ago

I have never seen one in operation either.

I have questions!

How do you use it? Do you fill it with oil and make the hogs go through it?

Why is it antique, that I would need to be old to recognize it? Are they no longer used? Has hog oiling technology advanced beyond our wildest dreams?

Why would one need to oil their hogs in the first place? When they get too squeaky?

#4138 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Remote control? I thought that was a dishwasher.

We did double duty back then. And collected the trash too.

#4139 2 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Bolt it down. Fill with oil for hogs. Hogs waller on it to keep lice down, etc. Think oil massage like humans get.

Why would one need to oil their hogs in the first place? When they get too squeaky?

Hogs like it, keeps bugs down, and prevents squeaks. ( I really like that last one )

LTG : )

#4140 2 years ago

I have questions!
    Why is it antique, that I would need to be old to recognize it? Are they no longer used? Has hog oiling technology advanced beyond our wildest dreams?

Drain the old Farmall and put the oil in the device. I assume the hogs will rub against it.
    apparently, they like oiling themselves, or so I have been told.
    I guess their skin doesn't perspire and they find the oiler refreshing? (the stereotypical pig in the mud hole)

In doing a brief search on YouTube, It seems that hog oiling has advanced a bit over the years.

I guess you would actually need to be an old farmer to recognize this device. Sorry, I didn't think of that.

I think I'm right, for the most part. If anyone else can shed some of their knowledge here (Alex, Lloyd?) please do so!

Eric

hog_oiler2 (resized).jpghog_oiler2 (resized).jpg
    #4141 2 years ago

I have questions!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hog_oiler

The farmer across the road from my grandpa had cattle oiler that looks like this one. But this guy and his cattle don't know how to use it. Yet. They will figure it out.

Here is one where the cow is giving herself a back scratch.

I never saw a hog oiler. Gramps hogs wallowed in the dirt and mud for relief from the heat and insects. Mainly flies.

#4142 2 years ago

Oh, they rub on the outside. I wondered how they'd fit through the middle.

I presume we're not talking motor oil (especially used!)? I guess they would like mineral oil, there are "models" on the Internet who like to rub it all over themselves, or so I've heard.

#4143 2 years ago

Oh, they rub on the outside. I wondered how they'd fit through the middle.
    I presume we're not talking motor oil (especially used!)? I guess they would like mineral oil, there are "models" on the Internet who like to rub it all over themselves, or so I've heard.

Actually, yes. I was told motor oil!

Hey.....they're pigs.

(Not internet models......well not the nice ones, anyway)

#4144 2 years ago

I bet if you filled one with chocolate syrup, the internet models would rub against it.

#4145 2 years ago

Actually, yes. I was told motor oil!
    Hey.....they're pigs.
    (Not internet models......well not the nice ones, anyway)

I thought my bacon tasted a little funky lately!

#4146 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I thought my bacon tasted a little funky lately!

And.... why I could never bring myself to eat fried pork rinds!

#4147 2 years ago

You know you are old when...you are old.
    Good morning!

#4148 2 years ago

"Meat Loaf, 'Bat Out of Hell' singer, has died at 74"

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/21/entertainment/meat-loaf-obit/index.html

When another musical/rock titan has died.

#4149 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

"Meat Loaf, 'Bat Out of Hell' singer, has died at 74"
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/21/entertainment/meat-loaf-obit/index.html
    When another musical/rock titan has died.

Lot's of Boomer's biting the dust.

#4150 2 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

You know you are old when...you are old.
    Good morning!

If you make a sound getting out of bed in the morning.

There are 7,609 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-/page/83?hl=damoib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.