1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by RTS
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 231 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Unknown (resized).jpg
    97308700d81551e29a0a0d1348ba98fea97d22bb (resized).jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    220px-Farrah_Fawcett_iconic_pinup_1976.jpg
    download (4) (resized).jpg
    index(5).jpg
    HS1.jpg
    pass2 (resized).png
    groucho (resized).jpeg
    Father-knows-best (resized).jpg
    51gdTv0DYNL (resized).jpg
    index(6).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    imgres (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    download (resized).jpg

There are 1408 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 29.
    #351 1 year ago

You remember when M-80s and Cherry bombs were legal. Those were the days!
    M-80 (resized).jpg

#352 1 year ago

We used to make our own M-80s. Who knows, the pipe bomb may of been invented on dog island.

#353 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

You pulled an aluminum ring which peeled a tab out of the top of the can.

Pull tab chains!

#354 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballFever:

[quoted image]

They never were legal in my state. We lit them up, anyway

#355 1 year ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

We used to make our own M-80s. Who knows, the pipe bomb may of been invented on dog island.

That reminds me. We built a mayonnaise jar bomb that left a 3 foot crater in the ground. What a blast!

#356 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

They never were legal in my state. We lit them up, anyway

Same here.

Quoted from RCA1:

Pull tab chains!

Yeah, for sure! At least some of them were put to some use.

#357 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I just can't bring myself to do it, but pull up a picture of Tina Louise now, and that should finally put to rest the age old debate.

According to People, she "Looks Incredible at 84."
    https://people.com/tv/gilligans-island-ginger-photos-84-tina-louise/

#358 1 year ago

I remember when you didn't need an ID or license or anything for dynamite. ( 4 M-80's were just as good )

LTG : )

#359 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

What were you doing in the girls bathroom

No, they gathered at the left side of the quad at first break, giggling. Caught our attention when they all went into the ladies room

#360 1 year ago

We were at the airport last weekend. Remember when you could go to the gate and wait for your people to get off their plane?

#361 1 year ago

How about when you finished your college final exams and your score was posted on the class room door with your social security number.

#362 1 year ago
    Quoted from DDandB-KID:

A lone, lone time ago... The Coors brewery would have free tours and free all you can drink beer.
    [quoted image]

Good times.
    Went on the Olympia brewery tour back in the day & they had a tasting room at the end... as much free beer as you wantedoly tour (resized).jpg

oly label (resized).jpg
    #363 1 year ago

I was cleaning some in the garage yesterday. Noticed a lot of my power tools (drill, circular saw, Sawzall, etc.) all have cords attached that plug into the wall.

#364 1 year ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Good times.
    Went on the Olympia brewery tour back in the day & they had a tasting room at the end... as much free beer as you wanted[quoted image][quoted image]

Heck, I'd never leave!

#365 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

We were at the airport last weekend. Remember when you could go to the gate and wait for your people to get off their plane?

Remember when you could smoke on a plane?

#366 1 year ago

You have a problem, complaint, maybe even pinball related and it costs you money or is super aggravating.

You don't like it but your deal with it and not post your misery on pinside or the internet.

#367 1 year ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

I was cleaning some in the garage yesterday. Noticed a lot of my power tools (drill, circular saw, Sawzall, etc.) all have cords attached that plug into the wall.

Interestink!
    Reminds me of a story.
    A long time ago, my dad used to do side jobs; mostly painting, carpentry, plumbing and such. Often, I would go with him, even by the time I was ten.
    We were once doing a job in an old lady's basement apartment. She was busy peeling apples and making dough for an apple pie as my dad and I were sawing through boards and hammering nails. Suddenly, his circular saw crapped out. The motor probably overheated and died, and he didn't have another saw. So my dad explained to the woman that the job might take us a little longer because the power saw died, and we had to cut the rest of the lumber by hand.
    She innocently peered at us and said "maybe it needs new batteries."
    My dad and I looked at each other half smirking, and he said to her that a saw like this doesn't use batteries.
    Of course at that time, battery powered tools were totally unheard of!
    That old lady must have been seeing into the future!

#368 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Yeah, and we used to smoke on the school bus!

#369 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah, and we used to smoke on the school bus!

Well "by George", IN the school bus, not ON the school bus!

#370 1 year ago

I still think Mary Ann wins.

#371 1 year ago

When seatbelts were optional...for wearing AND for opening a beer!

#372 1 year ago

How about following the mosquito trunk on your bikes inhaling all the smoke.

#373 1 year ago

Your gut feeling on things and people are spot on. It takes years of honing but very spooky when shit unfolds as you described.

#374 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

And being allowed to wait at the gate with your family or others who were waiting to board?

#375 1 year ago

Today at the office I had to kindly ask the parents of several wild children to deter their offspring from jumping on the dog scale, throwing all the brochures and dog bones on the floor, crying/screaming while I tried to explain my examination findings, etc. Back in my day if we (brother and I) tried to pull such antics it was not long before dad's belt was out and backsides were spanked.

Looking back I probably deserved it 90% of the time.

#376 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

And being allowed to wait at the gate with your family or others who were waiting to board?

I was thinking on my last trip while sitting at LAX how it used to be when literally anyone could walk right in the terminal. You’d be sitting there and these deaf (or allegedly deaf) people would come up to you and shove some thing in your face, looking for money I guess. And you see those Hare Krishna types hanging around doing weird shit. Some things have improved I guess.

#377 1 year ago

Olympia tour?

When you took the brewery tour and hung out at Busch Gardens........ in Van Nuys.

#378 1 year ago

Shit mom would lite up the ass right there with no worries, didn't matter where or who was watching. And believe I deserved all of them.

#379 1 year ago

When your mother was a teenager during the great depression.

#380 1 year ago

Young girls start to flirt with you. It's either your to old and safe or daddy issues either way it's weird.

#381 1 year ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Young girls start to flirt with you. It's either your to old and safe or daddy issues either way it's weird.

They wonder if you need a baby sitter.

#382 1 year ago

I definitely do. But disclaimer in my youth I had relations with all my sitters.

#383 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You remember when White Castle sliders were 5¢

I remember when they were 14¢

You're not that much older than me.....

#384 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

You lived in a better neighborhood.

#385 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I remember when they were 14¢

I did some digging. They went to 12¢ in 1950. I must have been recalling old signs then. I remember the white castle and round blue signs with 5¢ on them.

#386 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That was a genius idea that didn't last very long. lol

Those were sold in Canada until not so long ago.

20180630_071337 (resized).png
    #387 1 year ago

Forgive me if already mentioned but I remember a gallon of gas for .25 Phillips 66 Park Ridge, IL.

#388 1 year ago

...you remember going to football games with your dorm mates: We would put one guy on a wheelchair with a blanket over his lap and a quarter barrel underneath.

#389 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Yes, the smoking area was from the wing to the back.

And my high school had a smoking lounge also.

The schools also had gun clubs.

#390 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

You have syactic nerve pain down your league for no reason but back pain that comes out of nowhere

I'm dealing with that right now!

#391 1 year ago

You remember going into the principals office and getting the strap. Parents condoned it and when you got home the old man gave it to you 10 times worse.

#392 1 year ago
    Quoted from dsmith:

You remember going into the principals office and getting the strap. Parents condoned it and when you got home the old man gave it to you 10 times worse.

Principles office? We got I right in front of the class if we didn't write our spelling words 10 times each. (Quinton Oklahoma)

#393 1 year ago

When you remember Jack Nicholson in Easy Rider and Hell's Angels On Wheels. One of my favorite actors!

George Hanson (resized).jpghells-angels (resized).jpg
    #394 1 year ago

When you remember Jack Nicholson in Easy Rider and Hell's Angels On Wheels. One of my favorite actors![quoted image][quoted image]

My mom took my older brother and me to see Easy Rider in the theatre when I was 9 at his insistence, so yes I remember it. It was the second of a double feature with Drive, He Said. What a strange movie that was.

#395 1 year ago

When you remember Jack Nicholson in Easy Rider and Hell's Angels On Wheels. One of my favorite actors![quoted image][quoted image]

Nyic. nyic. nyic. INDIANS !

Here is the coolest (to me) about ER. A couple of years ago, Netflix, or youtube had the full movie showing with enhanced video. With enhanced video and a big screen TV you see things you never saw before.

When Wyatt and Billy for hit the road (right about the time the watch hits the ground) there is a shot of Wyatt sitting on Captain America and there is this super long throttle cable swinging in the breeze. The cable is not clamped; It is not running thru any kind of guide. It is just way too long and it looks funny.

Billy starts messing with it and joking about it. As they ride off into the distance you can see Billy waving his hand and doing something. With the enhanced video you can see that he is screwing around and making fun of that way too long cable.

It takes a BIG screen TV (mine id 65") and the enhanced video to see this action. Check it out if you can. I have never read anybody talking about this on the Easy Rider "history" pages.

I am easily amused and when I saw this I was blown away. 50 years after that movie shows and I see this.

#396 1 year ago

You know you are old when you remember taking driver education class in high school and you got to watch...

Signal 30 !

How many remember all of the old cars ?

#397 1 year ago

When you remember driving on bias-belted tires. Who ever heard of a radial tire?

#398 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

You know you are old when you remember taking driver education class in high school and you got to watch...
    Signal 30 !
    How many remember all of the old cars ?

Wasn't there also one called "Red Pavement "

Oh ya, took drivers ed in summer school just meet some girls

#399 1 year ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Wasn't there also one called "Red Pavement "

Red Asphalt.

Now it's you're old if they actually offered driver's ed when you were in high school.

#400 1 year ago
    Quoted from indybru:

Forgive me if already mentioned but I remember a gallon of gas for .25 Phillips 66 Park Ridge, IL.

Oh yeah,well I remember my Dad asking for a dollars worth,and the price was $.19.9cents Phillips 66 Oakland Calif. 1955 I was 5!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 60.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    € 9.10
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 23.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 32.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Pinball Machine
    Habos Arcade
    $ 249.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 1408 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 29.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside