Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,624 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 minutes ago by Frippertron
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1090 (resized).jpeg
    DSCN9010 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20240424_173431.jpg
    438712280_7241935899188350_8066440579298486095_n (resized).jpg
    MV5BMWE3ZThjM2UtMTg2NS00NjY3LTk5ZGEtMTdlYmY3OGE2ZmZlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    There are 7,624 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 153.
    #3751 2 years ago

Yes I'm old when i look at picture in the (famous people with pinball) thread. The 1st thing i think is how long will these new junk pin cabinets last with her sitting on. 2nd Would this today be a pin up gal for the young kids today.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #3752 2 years ago

Sitting on the glass. I had a shit fit when some parents let their kids crawl across the glass of one of my machines. They all stay home now.

#3753 2 years ago

You are giving up your age when you ask that question, old timer

#3754 2 years ago

When I was a kid we always got a fruitcake as a gift from a family friend. Fruitcake is disgusting!! Anyway we always re-gifted it to someone else.
    I wonder if the people we gave it to were disgusted with it also? Is fruitcake still a thing?

#3755 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

When I was a kid we always got a fruitcake as a gift from a family friend. Fruitcake is disgusting!! Anyway we always re-gifted it to someone else.
    I wonder if the people we gave it to were disgusted with it also? Is fruitcake still a thing?

It's like eating candles. Hated it as a kid.

#3756 2 years ago
    Quoted from cp1610:

Yes I'm old when i look at picture in the (famous people with pinball) thread. The 1st thing i think is how long will these new junk pin cabinets last with her sitting on. 2nd Would this today be a pin up gal for the young kids today.
    [quoted image]

Probably not wise to sit on the hood of a newer car at the drive-in either.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #3757 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

If it was not for the Yuletide holidays, the fruitcake makers would go broke.

#3758 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

You are giving up your age when you ask that question, old timer

Actually, I think it's still relevant, as Paul McCartney, or the guy who says he's Paul, is still alive. If the original (real) Paul is actually dead, then ironically, the oldest Beatle, Ringo, is the only original member still living.

#3759 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Ringo, is the only original member still living.

Pete Best

LTG : )

#3760 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Pete Best

Is he? I thought he passed away. I don't think they were the Beatles when he was with them, but I could be wrong.
    EDIT: Just looked him up. I guess I was wrong on both counts. So, count him in!

#3761 2 years ago

my daughter in law booked a trip to the Royal Ontario museum in Toronto today . I was privately very excited. I'm Hooked! Might me a museum pass in bacons thin Christmas sock this year!
    Greek woman sculpture head pic.

IMG_5866 (resized).jpgIMG_5866 (resized).jpg

#3762 2 years ago

Sorry...I guess the head part of my last statement is pretty obvious.

#3763 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Big fan of Fruitcake. There are good fruitcakes and a lot of bad ones.
    In the 60's up till recently Jane Parker fruitcakes were awesome. Jane Parker was an A&P Brand but later on you could find them in other stores like Big Star, Food Town and Zayres.
    Grandmas Fruitcakes were great too, made with a lot of Rum, Bourbon and Cashews. Haven't seen them in awhile.
    Carolina Classic fruitcakes are famous in NC. They are good, little too much butter.
    Fruitcake is the perfect food, wrap a slab in wax paper and put it in a pocket.
    Doesn't spoil and adds high energy when biking, climbing, any outdoor sport.
    I search out good fruitcakes every year but the pickings are getting slim.

#3764 2 years ago

If I were you I would ask Santa for , please read. My friends books been there done that bought the t-shirt books 1 and 2. Amazing experiences of a Canadian young man backpacking to every country in the world except 1. I wouldn't push the book if it wasn't very good and I have read many books. Stephen Fenech the author .. and his sister just won a literary award for her non fiction historic novel. I don't care if I get down voted..They are damn good reads imo and i support someone who is worthy .

#3765 2 years ago
    20211030_203923 (resized).jpg20211030_203923 (resized).jpg
    #3766 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

There are good fruitcakes and a lot of bad ones.

And there is that one over a hundred years old. That keeps getting regifted year after year.

#3767 2 years ago
    20211030_205219 (resized).jpg20211030_205219 (resized).jpg
    #3768 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

And there is that one over a hundred years old. That keeps getting regifted year after year.

Missed that at the museum!

#3769 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Missed that at the museum!

Lloyd ..there was a screaming “billy child” in the dinasour exhibit, ticked me off a little ...beware those who plan to
    Visit museums..go in the opposite direction of strollers and delinquent Un supervised children treating the cafeteria like a bowling alley. Sissy, Billy’s sister was throwing things.

#3770 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Hells yes, they make the best fruitcake in Claxton GA.

https://www.claxtonfruitcake.com/

I might send some to all of my siblings with a bottle of Bailey’s Irish Cream. Easy Christmas.

#3771 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Pete Best

Quoted from jrpinball:

Is he? I thought he passed away. I don't think they were the Beatles when he was with them, but I could be wrong.
    EDIT: Just looked him up. I guess I was wrong on both counts. So, count him in!

"Just the facts".
    Pete is 79, he was born Nov 1941, he finally received Beatles royalties with the release of Anthology 1. His drumming is on several tracks, and he can be seen on the cover art. The amount was in the 7 figure range.

#3772 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Fruitcake is disgusting!! Anyway we always re-gifted it to someone else.

Your generosity bowls me over

#3773 2 years ago

Why do people say "nuttier than a fruitcake" but no one says "fruitier than a nutcake"?

#3774 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Your generosity bowls me over

Those things last forever, probably re-gifted a few years later.
    I can see if I have one to send you.

#3775 2 years ago

My Halloween skeleton patiently waiting!

20211031_164624 (resized).jpg20211031_164624 (resized).jpg
    #3776 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Hells yes, they make the best fruitcake in Claxton GA.

Any day now the local Food Lion puts up a Claxton display, and I buy 3. 1 for now. 1 for Thanksgiving, and 1 for Christmas.
    When they sell out, they do not get anymore.
    Claxton is real close to the Jane Parker of my Youth and a consistent go-to for the fruitcake fix.
    They used to offer 2 versions, what we get now is Claxton Light.
    Can't remember what the other one was but it was darker, stronger tasting, the real deal.

#3777 2 years ago

You like watching the Pro Timber sports championship series . Canada a favourite ..go figure

20211103_120205 (resized).jpg20211103_120205 (resized).jpg20211103_120529 (resized).jpg20211103_120529 (resized).jpg
    #3778 2 years ago

Don't think you have to be old, no wait...I like the hot saw event!!

#3779 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

You like watching the Pro Timber sports championship series . Canada a favourite ..go figure
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from poppapin:

Don't think you have to be old, no wait...I like the hot saw event!!

I always liked watching the log rollers take a dive.

#3780 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I always liked watching the log rollers take a dive.

No rolling logs...This is chainsaws and Axe events only.

#3781 2 years ago

Also .. bull riding ...I like watching the events. Another Canadian and American favourite sport. 21 year old kids with no fear of the Devil!
    Now curling is where beers and rocks mix well.

#3782 2 years ago

I binged on The Red Green Show last month. Gettin’old.

#3783 2 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

I binged on the gramophone last month. Beyond old.

#3784 2 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

No one handles a roll of duct tape like a Canadian!

#3785 2 years ago

A Canadian classic from the 70s called scuttlebut Lodge ! If you remember you.are.old.
    Please Google my favourite show called the hilarious house of frankenstien kids TV show produced in Canada,also the 70's. A witch concocting a brew that makes her stoned?
    A great hidden gem Canadian comedy! Enjoy! !

#3786 2 years ago

You remember when you got your monthly batch of Charles Chips (potato chips in basketball-sized yellow metal canisters) delivered to your home by one of their logoed trucks.

#3787 2 years ago

Charles Chips was still around, at least in Oklahoma 10 years ago.

#3788 2 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Probably not wise to sit on the hood of a newer car at the drive-in either.[quoted image]

back then the steel was thicker, not a problem. The tinfoil hoods now though...

#3789 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

No one handles a roll of duct tape like a Canadian!

You are thinking mighty high of yourself, aren't you ?

#3790 2 years ago

Haha..no boat dock mishaps this year Cotton. Except the day I almost ran out of gas while everyone Else was having a lovey dovey time. No one knew how dire it was except me. Good thing I just barely made to harbour for gas.

#3791 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Haha..no boat dock mishaps this year Cotton. Except the day I almost ran out of gas while everyone Else was having a lovey dovey time. No one knew how dire it was except me. Good thing I just barely made to harbour for gas.

Part 2 : there were also 2 little children on the boat , first voyage and so excited! ..so I announced were going to see where summer Santa lives ! At the harbour ( before my wife clued in I was running out of gas,,she’s pretty sharp) there Happens to be a toy store at the harbour !!! Costly pit stop

#3792 2 years ago

You drive a Halen van

BF4E5498-A2F7-41C6-A006-388D7F37D610 (resized).jpegBF4E5498-A2F7-41C6-A006-388D7F37D610 (resized).jpeg
    #3793 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

You drive a Halen van
    [quoted image]

Ha That's an Aerostar! I had one of those, a 94. Good pinball hauler BTW.

#3794 2 years ago

Do you baby talk to you wife to get what you want?

#3795 2 years ago

Not sayin I do or anything

#3796 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Not sayin I do or anything

Of course not...

#3797 2 years ago

Bubi wants pinball game!

#3798 2 years ago

Bubi wants pizza subby

#3799 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Do you baby talk to you wife to get what you want?

No, I just start by saying “I’m thinking about selling a few pins”, then I buy the new pin and then I don’t sell any pins.

#3800 2 years ago

Rule is -
    If you buy a pin & mange to hide it for six months, it is beyond the statute of limitations.

There are 7,624 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-/page/76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.