Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,689 posts
  • 363 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by jrpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a64d2c04-acb2-4548-91c2-2f7e474a13d9.__CR0,0,300,300_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
    IMG_9776 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 6.55.09 PM (resized).jpg
    E433463F-7172-42DA-B21F-8EE9C85609D3 (resized).jpeg
    67ACD555-6CA2-405D-83B5-B5F16BCAB849 (resized).jpeg
    BCE9526B-16C9-4F4B-8844-D9D6F23698EF (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_1279 (resized).jpeg
    20220503_135445 (resized).jpg
    20220503_135457 (resized).jpg
    20220503_135438 (resized).jpg
    20220430_213529 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    QS WIRE 2 (resized).jpeg
    190C7DDA-6890-49B6-A93E-067135123E70 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,689 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 94.
    #3651 7 months ago

First time ever "drinking". Was probably 16 or 17.
    An older chum went "shopping" for a bunch of us (legal age was 18 then).
    We were hanging out in an old stone foundation off an old railroad line. He arrived with the bag full of our intoxicants. I had ordered a bottle of Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill.
    I chugged the whole bottle in minutes. My friends were telling me how f'ed up I was going to get. Well, it tasted like strawberry soda, and it had the same effect. I never felt a thing. And so, the die was cast!

#3652 7 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

First time ever "drinking". Was probably 16 or 17.

I started drinking beer at 5 or 6 years old, when Dad was having fish fries with a bunch of his buddies.

I never had too much of anything and got sick until that time I posted about when I was 15.

I have only had too much and had to hug a toilet 4-5 times in my life.

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEKEND!

#3653 7 months ago

Only puked maybe 4 or 5 times ever. One memorable NYE.
    Me and my buddy cleaned the place out of JD, so we had to switch to Wild Turkey. After upchucking, I wanted to party on, but my friends left me on my bed and went out again!

#3654 7 months ago

You know you’re old when you are concerned your new neighbours porch light has been on for 10 day straight?

image (resized).jpg
    #3655 7 months ago

FYI: backyard light...weird.

#3656 7 months ago

A good 10 minutes going crazy thinking I didn’t go anywhere. Where the F are my glasses.This is real and happened tonight. At least I have a Mint Austin Powers when everything calms down.

220B92A7-010A-465D-9BB8-81A294FB5B11 (resized).jpeg
    #3657 7 months ago

I know I am old. I remember when I could buy a pack of cigarettes for 25 cents. Then I was sent to Texas for military duty and Texas was taxing smokes big time. They cost me 55 cents a pack. I quit smoking in 2013. To cuts costs I started rolling my own.

Tonight, as I was getting gas and went inside some woman was at the register forking over $67.00 for a carton of cigarettes. I used to be a 2 pack a day man. That would be a little over $200.00 per month smoking bill at $67.00 per carton.

$67.00. I can go to Walmart and buy one new tire for my car at that price.

#3658 7 months ago
    Quoted from locksmith:

A good 10 minutes going crazy thinking I didn’t go anywhere. Where the F are my glasses.This is real and happened tonight. At least I have a Mint Austin Powers when everything calms down.
    [quoted image]

Yep, I can honestly say I've done that before...

#3659 7 months ago

Or a 1/3 for an old em pinball

#3660 7 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I used to be a 2 pack a day man. That would be a little over $200.00 per month smoking bill at $67.00 per carton.

$6.70 a pack times 2 a day times 30 days is over $400. Almost five large per year!

#3661 7 months ago

When you remember who said "Great Ceasers ghost"!!!

#3662 7 months ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

When you remember who said "Great Ceasars ghost"!!!

That would be Perry White on "The Adventures of Superman".

#3663 7 months ago
    Quoted from Scotty_K:

Remember the episode where he said it one time too many, and "Caesar" appeared to him?
    The guy obviously was a crook in a $20 costume, but he had Mr. White going for a while.

#3664 7 months ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

$6.70 a pack times 2 a day times 30 days is over $400. Almost five large per year!

You are correct. Not sure where I missed the math on that. At that price, in 2 months time, I can buy a set of tires, get a tuneup and an oil change. And maybe a front end alignment, as well.

However, when I was a kid and smoking, Reader's Digest came out with an article about how one family figured out that each person was spending $1,000.00 year on smokes. And apparently, once this family considered the costs, they quit smoking.

The article did not phase me nor all of the many smokers I met and hung around with thru the years. We happily handed our money over to the tobacco companies.

Somehow, buying a pack in the morning and another in the afternoon seemed cheaper than buying a carton.

#3665 7 months ago
    Quoted from Scotty_K:

Superman ?

You mean this guy wearing the cowboy hat?

Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 11.09.17 AM (resized).png

I am still trying to wrap my head around Roy Rogers riding a motorcycle. It just don't seem right . Where is Trigger?

Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 11.11.59 AM (resized).png

jgkhg (resized).JPG

#3666 6 months ago

Not old enough to stop me from picking up my new ride tomorrow!! 1 more sleep!

IMG_5800 (resized).jpg
    #3667 6 months ago

I negotiated a better Overall price...winter mats...3m paint protect film...free oil changes (2)..a coffee mug and hundreds off the extended warranty.

#3668 6 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Not old enough to stop me from picking up my new ride tomorrow!! 1 more sleep!
    [quoted image]

New car ! Wow ! Try to refrain from impressing that neighbor girl at the dock

#3669 6 months ago

You know you are getting old when you can't remember an Actors name, only the characters he/she has played in the movies.

#3670 6 months ago

You Know Your Old when you remember real cash in your wallet..now cash replaced with a mask.

1634738444015-400042252 (resized).jpg
    #3671 6 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

You Know Your Old when you remember real cash in your wallet..now cash replaced with a mask.
    [quoted image]

What about the Trojan in the wallet? Now that's ancient history!

#3672 6 months ago

...when you come in and soak your feet after a few hours of yard work!

1634759278281586658307 (resized).jpg
    #3673 6 months ago

You know your old when You enjoy reading a car manual front to back. Don’t know why most people don’t do that.

image (resized).jpg
    #3674 6 months ago

This is a very happy day for me. Christmas early for the bacon! I’m blessed and thankful for the things I have.i also think I have the coolest wife ever.

#3675 6 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

What about the Trojan in the wallet? Now that's ancient history!

For me it just got brittle.

#3676 6 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

For me it just got brittle.

You're supposed to throw it away after you use it!

#3677 6 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

You know your old when You enjoy reading a car manual front to back. Don’t know why most people don’t do that.[quoted image]

Yeah. You know you are old when you remember your owner's manual giving you instructions on how to do a valve adjustment.
    Now, they have to warn you not to drink the contents of the battery!

#3678 6 months ago

I picked the tech package...I’m really enjoying the read to honest. Sound system is excellent

image (resized).jpg
    #3679 6 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

[quoted image]

I see no vasculitis JR ..that’s good.

#3680 6 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I see no vasculitis JR ..that’s good.

Yeah, but they're still sore as hell!

#3681 6 months ago

Walmart—-cushion Shell soles should fix that

#3682 6 months ago

cdnpinbacon you’re giving me new car fever, not good! I just spent 2 days detailing my ‘16 Highlander. It really is the perfect modern station wagon, and a great pin-hauler.

6E73A926-2ABE-4B86-BE0E-836F5946A705 (resized).jpeg
    #3683 6 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

cdnpinbacon you’re giving me new car fever, not good! I just spent 2 days detailing my ‘16 Highlander. It really is the perfect modern station wagon, and a great pin-hauler.
    [quoted image]

Nice!! I need a new ride, extra bonus points for pin hauler.

#3684 6 months ago

Some of us old guys prefer the older cars w style..1 day, I hope to get a Malibu/nova wagon…the wife is aware of it..

E6E60B2E-7F58-42CE-B4E6-F7D773F85052 (resized).jpeg
    #3685 6 months ago

Novas are fun to drive.

#3686 6 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

[quoted image]

Get a compression stocking for that right leg.

#3687 6 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

[quoted image]

That sure is a beauty! We just picked up a KIA Telluride and I love it.

#3688 6 months ago

I love the direction this thread is taking. I’ve wanted a VW microbus since the mid-70’s, because my Italian neighbor who looked like Cher drove her 3 beautiful daughters around in one that looked exactly like this. Her middle daughter was my age, and my sister’s best friend.

1A404B15-B92B-480E-8676-6A155F87A613 (resized).jpeg
    #3689 6 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I love the direction this thread is taking. I’ve wanted a VW microbus since the mid-70’s, because my Italian neighbor who looked like Cher drove her 3 beautiful daughters around in one that looked exactly like this. Her middle daughter was my age, and my sister’s best friend.
    [quoted image]

Those are big bucks!

#3690 6 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

[quoted image]

In 1970, I had a VW bus. It had the canvas sunroof and all of the little windows around the top. I was just a dumb kid and did not know much about working on cars. It was always leaving me in the dust. I sold it and joined the Navy. Today, I wish I still had it.

It looked like this. Same colors.

237436_Rear_3-4_Web (resized).jpg

#3691 6 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

In 1970, I had a VW bus. It had the canvas sunroof and all of the little windows around the top. I was just a dumb kid and did not know much about working on cars. It was always leaving me in the dust. I sold it and joined the Navy. Today, I wish I still had it.
    It looked like this. Same colors.
    [quoted image]

That bus would bring big bucks today!

#3692 6 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Amazing, isn't it? I think I paid the guy $300.00 for it.

#3693 6 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Amazing, isn't it? I think I paid the guy $300.00 for it.

Totally. I'd love to own that bus today.

#3694 6 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Totally. I'd love to own that bus today.

I'd have a lot less speeding tickets on my record if I had kept that bus

#3695 6 months ago

When you look at how much campers are these days (especially Airstream), the old VWs seem like a bargain. But keeping them running would be a challenge.

#3696 6 months ago

You know you are old when you remember getting 4¼% interest on a regular passbook account.

#3697 6 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I'd have a lot less speeding tickets on my record if I had kept that bus

Yeah, I know the early ones didn't have a 0-60mph acceleration time, because their top speed was like 57!

#3698 6 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

These had the pancake engine which was a pain to tune and set up properly.
    The sweet spot for these vans were 64-70 that were 12 volt and used the upright 40-55 HP engines.
    I had a 1963 Transporter (windowless van). Loved that thing when it was running.
    Best thing in the snow ever built.
    No front end protection though, a 10 mile and hour crash nearly killed my friend.
    Became a non-running motel room parked in my Dads woods.

#3699 6 months ago
    Quoted from DarthPaul:

You know you are old when you remember getting 4¼% interest on a regular passbook account.

…and your parent’s mortgage rate was 13%

#3700 6 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

…and your parent’s mortgage rate was 13%

Our 1st house was 12% Thanks Jimmy Carter!!

There are 4,689 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!