Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,619 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by bob_e
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN9010 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20240424_173431.jpg
    438712280_7241935899188350_8066440579298486095_n (resized).jpg
    MV5BMWE3ZThjM2UtMTg2NS00NjY3LTk5ZGEtMTdlYmY3OGE2ZmZlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif
    There are 7,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 153.
    #3601 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Yeah you’re right - here’s Kelly Le Brock in 2020, just 60 here. Raquel is definitely rocking it better at 80.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I'll see you one and raise you one.

Shelly Duvall

GTY-HT-Shelley-Duvall-MEM_161117_16x9_992 (resized).jpgGTY-HT-Shelley-Duvall-MEM_161117_16x9_992 (resized).jpg

#3602 2 years ago

Jeez, cosmetic surgeries gone wrong!!

#3604 2 years ago

Screw yesterday's hotties. I died last night and came back reincarnated as an "inquisitive" 16 year old red blood boy. I'm moving to Croatia.

Lidija, you can't sing a licks worth of English, but English is over rated, anyway. Here I come . Let me paint those bluejeans on

#3605 2 years ago

Raquel circa 1966

One Million Years BC

Capture2 (resized).PNGCapture2 (resized).PNG

Capture3 (resized).PNGCapture3 (resized).PNG
    #3606 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Screw yesterday's hotties. I died last night and came back reincarnated as an "inquisitive" 16 year old red blood boy. I'm moving to Croatia.
    Lidija, you can't sing a licks worth of English, but English is over rated, anyway. Here I come . Let me paint those bluejeans on

I'm dizzy...

#3607 2 years ago
    70ford1 (resized).jpg70ford1 (resized).jpg
    #3609 2 years ago

Kinda glad Jeffrey Toobin is back on CNN. ..takes guts, good for him

1631286649893-1686347919 (resized).jpg1631286649893-1686347919 (resized).jpg
    #3611 2 years ago

Rachel Welch Vintage hottie of October.

#3612 2 years ago

I forgot all about that Pinto. I remember that ugly paint job.

Are we going to start talking conversion vans 1980s style? Somewhere between station wagons on the front end and mini-vans and SUVs on the back end, we had conversions vans with car show paint jobs all over the road.

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg

unnamed-1 (resized).jpgunnamed-1 (resized).jpg

#3613 2 years ago

Man I want that brown one with the painting.

#3614 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Man I want that brown one with the painting.

I thought that one would match your tastes

#3615 2 years ago

Imagine ..Pulling that bad boy into the waffle house parking lot ??

#3616 2 years ago

Let's talk every seniors favourite. ..breakfast.
    What's your go to? Do you chum with the regulars?

#3617 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Let's talk every seniors favourite. ..breakfast.
    What's your go to? Do you chum with the regulars?

Mine's simple, scrambled eggs and home fries, sometimes add bacon or sausage. Gotta have hot sauce and ketchup for the eggs and home fries!

2 weeks later
    #3618 2 years ago

I am old enoughf to know communism was bad. Now we have China apologists, even after covid. When did communism become cool?</blockquote

Its here man.

#3619 2 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

And the team Houston Oilers.

They sucked except for those few years then they got pissy and left then we found out what a really horrible team was with the Texans.

#3620 2 years ago

Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 12.25.33 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-09-28 at 12.25.33 PM (resized).png

In December 2001, China was allowed into the WTO.

Walmart made it cool. Cheap labor. No benefits. No worries about environmental pollution.

American business salivates at the thought of cheap labor. How do you like your Apple iPhone? Apple shareholders love China.

So, support Communism. Shop Walmart. God forbid we lose access to cheap shit.
    --------------------------------------------------------

But at the same time, Communist Cuba should be......?? What? Blown off the face of the earth?

I'd sure like to try a Cuban cigar. I know. I'll go up to Canada and get a box of Cuban cigars since Canada and Cuba are big trading partners.

#3621 2 years ago

Where is the communism? Is it in the room with us now?

#3622 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]
    In December 2001, China was allowed into the WTO.
    Walmart made it cool. Cheap labor. No benefits. No worries about environmental pollution.
    American business salivates at the thought of cheap labor. How do you like your Apple iPhone? Apple shareholders love China.
    So, support Communism. Shop Walmart. God forbid we lose access to cheap shit.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    But at the same time, Communist Cuba should be......?? What? Blown off the face of the earth?
    I'd sure like to try a Cuban cigar. I know. I'll go up to Canada and get a box of Cuban cigars since Canada and Cuba are big trading partners.

Remember JibJab from back in 2007?

#3623 2 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Ain't that the f'n truth....

#3624 2 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Then Amazon one-upped them by getting rid of the store. Pretty soon they won’t need employees at all.

#3625 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Where is the communism? Is it in the room with us now?

Boy, times sure have changed.

#3626 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Boy, times sure have changed.

Isn’t technology a beautiful thing? I think that it’s helped, but yet hurt so many things in society

#3627 2 years ago

Let's talk sclerotherapy!
    I think the injection sessions is best for me.

#3628 2 years ago

I read a lot of sci-fi paperbacks when I was a kid, and every once in a while I’d find something like this at a garage sale. Nothing like this kind of reading to expand a 12-year-old mind.

592B00AC-1BB5-417F-B7FB-21CC81A51E55 (resized).png592B00AC-1BB5-417F-B7FB-21CC81A51E55 (resized).png
    #3629 2 years ago

Sexologist..........intriguing.

QSS

1 week later
    #3630 2 years ago
    44342FA3-1538-4802-A6A4-FA435148AF2F (resized).jpeg44342FA3-1538-4802-A6A4-FA435148AF2F (resized).jpeg
    #3631 2 years ago

I'm this old...

s-l400 (3) (resized).jpgs-l400 (3) (resized).jpg
    #3632 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Anyone else using Antique/Vintage utility items? Do they belong in the "As long as I am living" Camp?

Yes. Sometimes the old stuff brings its own headaches, but at least I know I have the ability to fix most problems (vs. some of the electronic problems that can pop up on modern equipment).

My old '50s era dozer and cultivating tractor that see regular use around the farm.

5J5A0483 (resized).JPG5J5A0483 (resized).JPG 5J5A9964 (resized).JPG5J5A9964 (resized).JPG

I've probably spent more than I'll get back out of them but I've restored several of the old tractors back to like new. They don't get used as hard now -- hoping I can pass them onto one of the nephews someday. Probably so they can turn around and sell them once I'm gone.

430WY (resized).jpg430WY (resized).jpg

Lastly, this old jewel has been neglected a bit over the last year or two, but once my current pinball project is done I'm hoping to dust it off and put it back to work hauling firewood around the farm.

IMG_1025 (resized).JPGIMG_1025 (resized).JPG

Quoted from BillP:

how old are you brother?

Been awhile since I've checked in. Not as old as some of you farts on here ( ) but I think its safe to say I'm rounding the corner and heading for the back nine. I don't golf, but I think that analogy is as good as any.

#3633 2 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Yes. Sometimes the old stuff brings its own headaches, but at least I know I have the ability to fix most problems (vs. some of the electronic problems that can pop up on modern equipment).
    My old '50s era dozer and cultivating tractor that see regular use around the farm.
    [quoted image] [quoted image]
    I've probably spent more than I'll get back out of them but I've restored several of the old tractors back to like new. They don't get used as hard now -- hoping I can pass them onto one of the nephews someday. Probably so they can turn around and sell them once I'm gone.
    [quoted image]
    Lastly, this old jewel has been neglected a bit over the last year or two, but once my current pinball project is done I'm hoping to dust it off and put it back to work hauling firewood around the farm.
    [quoted image]

Been awhile since I've checked in. Not as old as some of you farts on here ( ) but I think its safe to say I'm rounding the corner and heading for the back nine. I don't golf, but I think that analogy is as good as any.

Wow! You have a Power Wagon. Cool. But a yellow JD tractor ? Yellow? That's sacrilege.

#3634 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

But a yellow JD tractor ? Yellow? That's sacrilege.

Part of John Deere's industrial division.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

A pic of the wheel tractor before I restored it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Sometimes the Deere's in different colors bring more money from the big collectors.

#3635 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

"Anyone else using Antique/Vintage utility items? Do they belong in the "As long as I am living" Camp?"

Does an old Dynaco tube amp count?

20161223_132158 (resized).jpg20161223_132158 (resized).jpg
    #3636 2 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

[quoted image] [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

I had a 79 Power Wagon, what a beast!! What year is yours?

#3638 2 years ago

Maybe a couple more pix...….inside, hood up, under....you know.

That thing is awesome!

#3639 2 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Maybe a couple more pix...….inside, hood up, under....you know.
    That thing is awesome!

Jay Leno has an episode with a guy and his Power Wagon. It is cool video.

#3640 2 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Does an old Dynaco tube amp count?[quoted image]

Ooh, tubes! Love it.
    You know you're old if you have one of these and know how to use it. Nothing like spinning reels playing music.
    BTW, I picked this up at the York show from my friend Pat.
    Traded a pin for it! He also gave me a box of tapes for it.

20211010_180729 (resized).jpg20211010_180729 (resized).jpg20211010_181847 (resized).jpg20211010_181847 (resized).jpg
    #3641 2 years ago

Now, THAT'S a truck!!! Love it!

aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzMvOWYvNTMvMzlmNTNiNTA1N2M0MTc0YWNiOGY0ZWJiNTQzMDI4MDc2N2MzNDM2My5qcGc (resized).jpegaHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzMvOWYvNTMvMzlmNTNiNTA1N2M0MTc0YWNiOGY0ZWJiNTQzMDI4MDc2N2MzNDM2My5qcGc (resized).jpeg
    #3642 2 years ago

When “Insider Connected” meant good friend with an older brother buying the beer.

#3643 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

good friend with an older brother buying the beer.

(not the confessional), but I confess I could just drink all of Dads beer I wanted, but the good friends with older brothers came in handy when I wanted to try Crown Royal and Jack Daniels.

Jack about killed me when I was 15, almost finished a entire fifth that time.

And to this day I can not have any brown liquor, 2 shots and off to the restroom I go. (and not to just take a leak).

It may be true that liquor is quicker, but that stuff does not agree with me.

#3644 2 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Lastly, this old jewel has been neglected a bit over the last year or two, but once my current pinball project is done I'm hoping to dust it off and put it back to work hauling firewood

I watched a military version of this Power Wagon WIN a tractor pull. Seriously, stock as far as I could tell, it didn't stop. Despite serious revving and whining pulled the sled to the END.

Would love to have that Dozer! Watched the Netflix Documentary about that guy converting his to a tank and wrecking the whole Town (not that I would do that). Still be cool to just fire up and cruise around the farm.

#3645 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

MD 20 20 ABOUT did the same to me. Hope its no longer made or sold.
    We called it Mad Dog,a fitting description.

#3646 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

MD 20 20 ABOUT did the same to me. Hope its no longer made or sold.
    We called it Mad Dog,a fitting description.

Fortified wine is the most vile stuff. MD 20/20 and “Lightning Creek” both made me sicker than I ever want to be again.

#3647 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Fortified wine is the most vile stuff. MD 20/20 and “Lightning Creek” both made me sicker than I ever want to be again.

What? No Thunderbird?

#3648 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

(not the confessional), but I confess I could just drink all of Dads beer I wanted, but the good friends with older brothers came in handy when I wanted to try Crown Royal and Jack Daniels.
    And to this day I can not have any brown liquor, 2 shots and off to the restroom I go. (and not to just take a leak).
    It may be true that liquor is quicker, but that stuff does not agree with me.

Our source was an old porter at the Holiday Inn. Give Willie the money and a little later you could walk into the guest refreshment/laundry room and find your pint buried in the ice machine.

My match was a pint of cherry vodka. It is a long story that ends with me puking all over the brand new wall paper my mom had done in my bedroom.

To this day, 2 beers and I am OK. Three beers and I am stinking drunk. Four beers turns me into a commode hugger.

2 mixed drinks is my stop point.

I don't remember which was worse. Hugging the commode all night or having to gag myself in the morning to get the last of the poison out.

#3649 2 years ago

Boone’s Farm doesn’t provide great memories today. Probably ruined my whole wine experience.

#3650 2 years ago

I've got a friend from Scotland who brought over some Buckfast "Tonic" Wine on his last visit. Cheap & nasty!

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    There are 7,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-/page/73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.