1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 1,411 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 231 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Unknown (resized).jpg
    97308700d81551e29a0a0d1348ba98fea97d22bb (resized).jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    220px-Farrah_Fawcett_iconic_pinup_1976.jpg
    download (4) (resized).jpg
    index(5).jpg
    HS1.jpg
    pass2 (resized).png
    groucho (resized).jpeg
    Father-knows-best (resized).jpg
    51gdTv0DYNL (resized).jpg
    index(6).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    imgres (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    download (resized).jpg

There are 1411 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 29.
    #301 1 year ago

You remember when all of the dimes, quarters, and halves in circulation were made out of 90% silver.

#302 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

When your pinball collection reminds you of the posters you had on your bedroom wall back in Jr. high.

But I don't own an immaculate Baywatch yet

#303 1 year ago

When you'd like more people to visit you but......"Get off my damn lawn!"

#304 1 year ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

You remember when all of the dimes, quarters, and halves in circulation were made out of 90% silver.

Did anyone ever walk around with a silver quarter and a spoon for weeks on end constantly banging the edge of the quarter with the spoon while spinning it until it was formed into a smooth ridge, then getting the middle drilled out to make a ring?

#305 1 year ago

Do you remember breaking the glass open those little mercury switches from a washing machine and rolling the mercury around on the table? And swishing dimes in the stuff to make them real shiny?

#306 1 year ago

Anybody remember making a scooter like this? Out of roller skates & a wooden crate? Yeah baby

scooter (resized).png
    #307 1 year ago

Remember when part of your education was getting to play with tools that could kill or seriously hurt you with no liability forms or anything. AKA shop class for metal,wood,small motors classes.

#308 1 year ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Remember when part of your education was getting to play with tools that could kill or seriously hurt you with no liability forms or anything. AKA shop class for metal,wood,small motors classes.

Not happening anymore? Some kid cut off some fingers in our Jr. High metal shop. You gotta be careful!

#309 1 year ago

When in high school some of the girls would run into the bathroom first thing and take off their bras so they could show them off in their "itty bitty titty committee" t-shirts.

#310 1 year ago

...when you look at your old heroes and cry....

a s (resized).jpgb r (resized).jpgc e (resized).jpgs s (resized).JPG
    #311 1 year ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

...when you look at your old heroes and cry...

No tears here.

hughhefner-hollymadison-kendrawilkinson (resized).jpg
    #312 1 year ago

You're getting old the electric shaver seems like its shaving a water balloon.

#313 1 year ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

In my shop class we rebuilt an airplane engine. We than while on the engine stand and a bunch of sand bags on the bottom, Started it with the propeller on it while the whole class sat within 25 ft of it and it blew everything in the room everywhere. They let us run it for probably about 2 minutes and then shut it down. It was a four cylinder.

#314 1 year ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Did anyone ever walk around with a silver quarter and a spoon for weeks on end constantly banging the edge of the quarter with the spoon while spinning it until it was formed into a smooth ridge, then getting the middle drilled out to make a ring?

No .

#315 1 year ago

6 beers feel like 10

#316 1 year ago

When you see the deadpool pin. And they label the LCD animations "vintage" arcade graphics.

#317 1 year ago

When you see the Deadpool pin, and you feel nothing at all. Perhaps that's not getting old, but just the way it is.

#318 1 year ago

Sorry if this has already been said because I haven't read the entire thread.
    You know you're old when you couldn't keep up with MaryAnn, let alone Ginger, so now Mrs. Howell is your choice!

#319 1 year ago

And if you have any idea what I'm talking about.....you're old!!!

#320 1 year ago

We got to join hands and all get electrocuted for small motors and make knives out of old files.

#321 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

You know you're old when you couldn't keep up with MaryAnn, let alone Ginger, so now Mrs. Howell is your choice!

Mary Anne still looks hot! About the only old lady I'd do.

#322 1 year ago

Depends how old you'll go. Last I checked, Barbara Eden was still looking good!

#323 1 year ago

Now you're talking a blast from the past orgy here. Might take a couple cocktails to get me in the swing of things.

#324 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Depends how old you'll go. Last I checked, Barbara Eden was still looking good!

I guess you'll go 86, cuz that's how old she is..

#325 1 year ago

This looks better.02c8139aa7bcd0320ab9fbcfbf6be004 (resized).jpg
    Than all of these.dsd (resized).JPG

#326 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Sorry if this has already been said because I haven't read the entire thread.

Post 156

LTG : )

#327 1 year ago
    Quoted from erak:

This looks better.[quoted image]
    Than all of these.[quoted image]

I don't know man. Five might be better than one.

#328 1 year ago
    Quoted from erak:

This looks better.[quoted image]
    Than all of these.[quoted image]

Yeah, but that's a very old photo.

#329 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Post 156

Ah. Great minds think alike. I gave you a thumbs up!

#330 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I guess you'll go 86, cuz that's how old she is..

Damn. But, she's still breathin'!

#331 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah, but that's a very old photo.

I just can't bring myself to do it, but pull up a picture of Tina Louise now, and that should finally put to rest the age old debate.

#332 1 year ago

Yeah, you could tell back then that Mary Ann would definitely age better than Ginger. A big plus for the long term.

#333 1 year ago

Perhaps that's why Ginger was the only one that didn't want to return to Gilligan's island as the beach was no longer her thing.

#334 1 year ago

Being in this thread is like..... admitting that I'm old.

#335 1 year ago

Mary Ann with my brother Eric and his girlfriend Kim in 2015. Eric said she was kind of bitchy.

20160319_134401 (resized).jpg

From Eric: "They said she would sign one photo per person. When we walked up to her she asked our names and signed one photo with both our names on it. I thought it was no big deal to say can we each have a photo because we are only dating and we each have our own house. She stared at me for about 5 seconds and ripped up the photo saying, good that will come in handy when she leaves you! Then after we each got a photo and got out of line there was a table selling Gilligan's island shirts, so I bought one. The guy goes hey when you buy a shirt Dawn will sign it. I tried to stop him but he cuts into the line and goes up to her and says can you sign this shirt for this man, and I thought she would kill me but she smiled when she signed it"

#336 1 year ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Mary Ann with my brother Eric and his girlfriend Kim in 2015. Eric said she was kind of bitchy.
    [quoted image]
    From Eric: "They said she would sign one photo per person. When we walked up to her she asked our names and signed one photo with both our names on it. I thought it was no big deal to say can we each have a photo because we are only dating and we each have our own house. She stared at me for about 5 seconds and ripped up the photo saying, good that will come in handy when she leaves you! Then after we each got a photo and got out of line there was a table selling Gilligan's island shirts, so I bought one. The guy goes hey when you buy a shirt Dawn will sign it. I tried to stop him but he cuts into the line and goes up to her and says can you sign this shirt for this man, and I thought she would kill me but she smiled when she signed it"

He doesnt look to happy !

#337 1 year ago

First boner I've had since yesterday.

#338 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

When in high school some of the girls would run into the bathroom first thing and take off their bras so they could show them off in their "itty bitty titty committee" t-shirts.

What were you doing in the girls bathroom

#339 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Mary Anne still looks hot! About the only old lady I'd do.

And Mary Anne is not interested in you so you are just shit out of luck

#340 1 year ago

being told to kick the street lamp pole and the light would come on. And I fell for it even though it was on a telephone pole.
    throwing sneakers over the telephone lines
    tv dinners were rare, plus you ate at the table with the whole family
    christmas specials were new
    everyone had a black and white tv. maybe a color one too, but a spare black and white.
    nothing was open sundays

#341 1 year ago

You remember when White Castle sliders were 5¢

#342 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You remember when White Castle sliders were 5¢

McDonalds

Hamburger .15
    Cheeseburger 0.20
    Fries 0.15
    Shake 0.25

#343 1 year ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

McDonalds
    Hamburger .15
    Cheeseburger 0.20
    Fries 0.15
    Shake 0.25

Yup. First time I went to a McDonald's,
    with family of four (I was one of the kids of course). Total bill was 3.60.
    I don't even know if the Big Mac was around then.

#344 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

And Mary Anne is not interested in you so you are just shit out of luck

I guess I'll just have to stick to younger women then.

#345 1 year ago

Forgive me again if this has been already mentioned, but you're old if you remember opening your beer can with a metal opener which punched a triangular hole in the top of a steel (not aluminum) can.
    First you made a little "vent" hole, then spun the can 180° and made your drinking hole.
    Heck, you're even old if you remember the first generation "pop" tops. You pulled an aluminum ring which peeled a tab out of the top of the can. The biggest problem with that was, now you had a separate little somewhat sharp sliver of aluminum with a ring attached to it. Many a cut toe or foot at the beach, as these things were everywhere!
    I believe Coors was the first to address this problem with little "push buttons" on their cans which would remain attached to the lid.

#346 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I believe Coors was the first to address this problem with little "push buttons" on their cans which would remain attached to the lid.

That was a genius idea that didn't last very long. lol

#347 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That was a genius idea that didn't last very long. lol

Along the same lines, you're old here on the east coast if you remember when Coors first became available, and you were, of course, of legal age (18!) to buy it. It was like $3.99/six pack which was astronomical at the time!

#348 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Along the same lines, you're old here on the east coast if you remember when Coors first became available, and you were, of course, of legal age (18!) to buy it. It was like $3.99/six pack which was astronomical at the time!

I remember when my Navy buddies were flying to the east coast. Several cases of Coors were always part of the cargo.

#349 1 year ago
    Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown1 (resized).jpg
    #350 1 year ago

A lone, lone time ago... The Coors brewery would have free tours and free all you can drink beer.

A87C6641-24D4-4693-85B2-9C7C6506B3FE (resized).png
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 89.00
    Boards
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 7,499.00
    $ 19.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 84.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 30.00
    Various Novelties
    Game Room Info Shop
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    Boards
    PCB Emporium
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.95
    Playfield - Other
    MicksPinball
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    There are 1411 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 29.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside