Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,611 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    chip can (resized).jpg
    IMG_4874 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-07-13-43-03-50_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    There are 7,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 153.
    #2951 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

And now, I would not want be caught dead in a crowded mass of people like that. It would be a long walk to the port-a-pottie.

Ya, those things are one step above crapping your own pants. I'm sure they were pumping those out periodically. NOT! But when you're 19 with a bag full of weed, you're not worrying about anything anyway.

Oh to be 19 again...

#2952 3 years ago

... you play an EM machine that has been been restored back to original working condition and you don't whine that it still plays too slow.

#2953 3 years ago

You roll the pinball lift out from under a machine to get under it so you can lift it turtle style to lower the rear legs, only to remember that is what the lift is for.

#2954 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

You roll the pinball lift out from under a machine to get under it so you can lift it turtle style to lower the rear legs, only to remember that is what the lift is for.

I still do the turtle thing to adjust leg levelers because I'm too lazy to just go out to the garage and grab one of my leg lifter things with with two wheels on it.

#2955 3 years ago

... you remember when people almost always referred to a game by its actual name like 'Royal Flush' or 'Jacks Open' or 'Funhouse' instead of an acronym like EHOH or BM66 or CFTBL and so if you've barely or never heard of the game, to you it may has well be some government workers union or the molecular chemical formula for a commercial fertilizer.

1 week later
    #2956 3 years ago

It was 20 years ago today.....

Well, not exactly today, but you get the idea.

TWA Flight 800 will become a distant memory in the history books. If you know what TWA Flight 800 was all about you would need to be 35 years old today. If you have to click on the link to understand what is being talked about then you are still a kid.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/27/us/twa-flight-800-wreckage-destroyed-trnd/index.html

#2957 3 years ago

If you lived in the states, when I say "Urban Renewal" you know what is being talked about.

#2958 3 years ago

Your getting the Shingrix (shingles) series of vaccine and the COVID series two weeks apart (minimum time between). Started the Shingrix first not thinking I would be getting COVID one for a while. Just got the second Shingrix yesterday (crappy weekend ahead) and second COVID in two weeks on Friday (same crappy weekend I am sure).

#2959 3 years ago

Readypo - I know this is just urban lore, but I was told a bottle of Gatorade or pedialite about 8 - 10 hours after the second shot really helps. I drank a bottle of Gatorade, had no side effects at all, however, wifey did not drink any and felt bad for two days.

#2960 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

Readypo - I know this is just urban lore, but I was told a bottle of Gatorade or pedialite about 8 - 10 hours after the second shot really helps. I drank a bottle of Gatorade, had no side effects at all, however, wifey did not drink any and felt bad for two days.

My wife told me something like that too but I wasn't paying attention - I will give it a try, thanks

#2961 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

My wife told me something like that too but I wasn't paying attention - I will give it a try, thanks

Oh sure; you don't listen to your wife, but listen to some stranger...

#2962 3 years ago

I’m not as strange as I seem

#2963 3 years ago

I usually have hockey news in the bathroom basket but the hockey news decided to forget the old people like me who like to collect physical issues and not mail them for over a year, but still charge me monthly. Here is my current lineup.

1614451754852-402893020 (resized).jpg1614451754852-402893020 (resized).jpg
    #2964 3 years ago

Crosswords!
    just dont want to think that hard on the shitter.

#2965 3 years ago

Wife not home until 830! I'm partying!

#2966 3 years ago

Hope I have enough points for a free starbuds T shirt!!! It's cool ..not cheap material either .can't wait!

#2968 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:Deleted post

Classic!!!

#2969 3 years ago

... when you've started sitting down before pulling your pants on because your balance isn't as good as it used to be especially standing on one foot and you don't want to risk the 5% chance that you'll end up toppling over like a wobbling bowling pin.

#2970 3 years ago

... when you spend two days in bed, wondering what you did to make your lower back so angry at you.

#2971 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

... when you spend two days in bed, wondering what you did to make your lower back so angry at you.

Have anything to do with a 300 pound plywood box filled with wires?

#2972 3 years ago

Coffee.

I still make it with the community pot at work, but we also recently added one of the Keurig/cup machines. The Mrs. will occasionally take me into the local coffee shop (sometimes she drags me to a Starbucks) and I have no idea what to do because I find it easier to read a pinball schematic than know what/how to order. I suppose I'm also too cheap for those sorts of places. I can't bring myself to pay $5 a cup for something that I can pay cents for at home. I have not been to a bar in probably over a decade. . . but I remember a beer from a bartender costing less than today's coffee.

What is the going rate for a beer on a night out in the modern era anyway? I suppose it may vary depending on the area you live in -- as well as the type of beer.

#2973 3 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

What is the going rate for a beer on a night out in the modern era anyway? I suppose it may vary depending on the area you live in -- as well as the type of beer.

Depends more on where you're standing.

Dive bar on the corner? $2.50

Sports venue or titty bar? $12.00

#2974 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Depends more on where you're standing.
    Dive bar on the corner? $2.50

You would think with all the choices of beers the price would come down...

#2975 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Titty bar in NYC Flash Dancers 30 years ago was $12 for a bottle of Bud.

#2976 3 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Titty bar in NYC Flash Dancers 30 years ago was $12 for a bottle of Bud.

The male half of the population is so smart with how it spends its money

#2977 3 years ago

Haven't been to a titty bar in at least 30 years.

You know you are old when you eye brows are growing so fast you have to part them.

#2978 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

Think of all the money you saved

#2979 3 years ago

One of my favorite films is Lost in Translation.
    Thinking off that Japanese bar with that titty song in the background

#2980 3 years ago

When you make an appointment to see the optometrist..and a good time is installing new shafts/bearings on your golden tee track ball on a Friday night

#2981 3 years ago

The first because of the second

#2982 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

My friends stopped inviting them to them (not that they went very often). You know, the girls eventually come over to the table and start talking to you, and I found that most of the time (not ALL the time) they had a head on their shoulders, and rather than work someplace else making less money, their attitude was to take their clothes off instead. And it always frustrated me and I rarely had a good time.

#2983 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

My friends stopped inviting them to them (not that they went very often). You know, the girls eventually come over to the table and start talking to you, and I found that most of the time (not ALL the time) they had a head on their shoulders, and rather than work someplace else making less money, their attitude was to take their clothes off instead. And it always frustrated me and I rarely had a good time.

In early 90s, we had a stripper club in town. One night I was talking to one of the dancers and she was studying to be a nurse. And stripping was working out to $20.00 an hour for her. No benefits.

One was mom and had two kids to get ready for school everyday.

Stripping paid the bills and was actually fairly good money. I suppose they could have taken the high moral ground route and worked at McDonalds for minimum wage which was $4.25 per hour back then.

#2984 3 years ago

My sister in law used to be a stripper. I'm pretty sure she got kicked off a tour boat for stripping.

#2985 3 years ago

...when having your ear and nostril hair transplanted to where your hairline used to be is becoming a viable two-birds-with-one-stone procedure.

#2986 3 years ago

I have often thought about that procedure myself.
    A new twist on Hair Club For Men.

I am totally bald so I figured I could have some hair transplanted from my back as well.

Hair is growing in places I never had it before. But there is no chance of it growing back on my head.
    My hair line made a Bee Line to my beehind.

#2987 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

Hair is growing in places I never had it before. But there is no chance of it growing back on my head.
    My hair line made a Bee Line to my beehind.

That is natures way of giving you a warmer place to sit in the winter.

LTG : )

#2989 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:Deleted post

Funny, in this day and age of the "Me too" movement I won't comment or acknowledge the ladies anymore. If they are intellectually stimulating, attractive, charming or bubbly with a great smile, I'll just keep my head down, my eyes to myself and my mouth shut. I feel bad for the playful guys and girls of the world who mean no harm to each other. In this day and age I think that flirting with the opposite sex is extremely sketchy and potentially hazardous.

Yep, I'm old and I miss those days of innocent flirting.

QSS

#2990 3 years ago

I agree.
    Any flirting or complements at all will land you in jail.

#2991 3 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Have anything to do with a 300 pound plywood box filled with wires?

Hate to admit, it wasn't from moving one, so if it was related it must be just from having to stoop and reach while adjusting switches on Rick & Morty. Guess we didn't evolve to do that, especially at 60!

#2992 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

I agree.
    Any flirting or complements at all will land you in jail.

Oh come on, "You look nice today" will land you in jail?

If one's idea of flirting is objectifying shit like "Nice ass, honey" then it was never acceptable.

(Actually, if "complements" are the problem, better be sure to wear clothes that don't match!)

#2993 3 years ago

Actually, if "complements" are the problem, better be sure to wear clothes that don't match!)

It's usually the other way around. Compliments, when it should be complements.

#2994 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Well, you took the air out of that joke!

#2995 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

LOL

#2996 3 years ago

Well, you took the air out of that joke!

I don't think anybody got it anyway.

#2997 3 years ago

Oh come on, "You look nice today" will land you in jail?

Careful, I can almost hear the Karen response.... "Is that how you determine my worth as a female? My looks? Am I supposed to be appreciative that you find my appearance acceptable? Wake up. Fucking chauvinist."

or words to that effect....

#2998 3 years ago

Sure, if you believe the BS the media spews in the name of the almighty ratings. Fortunately it is BS and real people don't actually behave in this manner.

Real people appreciate sincere compliments.

And even if someone takes offense, it won't "land you in jail." Give me a break.

In the scenario you posit above, I'd respond, "I was just being nice, honey, don't get your panties in a wad." And I still wouldn't go to jail.

Quoted from jrpinball:

I don't think anybody got it anyway.

Takes wits to recognize wit. Not my problem!

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being witty, and that is not being witty."

#2999 3 years ago

Sure, if you believe the BS the media spews in the name of the almighty ratings. Fortunately it is BS and real people don't actually behave in this manner.
    Real people appreciate sincere compliments.
    And even if someone takes offense, it won't "land you in jail." Give me a break.
    In the scenario you posit above, I'd respond, "I was just being nice, honey, don't get your panties in a wad." And I still wouldn't go to jail.

Takes wits to recognize wit. Not my problem!
    "There is only one thing in the world worse than being witty, and that is not being witty."

My mother-in-law once commented that I'm very witty. To which I replied, "well, I like to think I'm halfway there anyway."

#3000 3 years ago

don't get your panties in a wad.

Crack!!! (Quick right hand to your face). But of course, that wouldn't be considered assault.

There are 7,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-/page/60?hl=damoib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.