Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 minutes ago by JethroP
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN9010 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20240424_173431.jpg
    438712280_7241935899188350_8066440579298486095_n (resized).jpg
    MV5BMWE3ZThjM2UtMTg2NS00NjY3LTk5ZGEtMTdlYmY3OGE2ZmZlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif
    There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 153.
    #2901 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Salems I could take, but Alpines, Newports, and Kools grossed me out.

No shit. The worst.

#2902 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

No, when you are old you get about 5 seconds to take action. Walking a mile ain't gonna happen.

I don't know, that depends if I'm constipated or not. But ya! Drink your Metamucil!!

#2903 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

No shit. The worst.

Phil: Instead of your time spent here with the unwashed, I wonder did you read the exploits of my friend filmaker/author Stephen Fenech like I had suggested? Prob not.

#2904 3 years ago

As a mature elder , I recommend: DO NOT buy a black capped conure.

#2905 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

As a mature elder , I recommend: DO NOT buy a black capped conure.

Too active, I'm guessing? I can relate, my regular parakeet Bob demanded a lot of attention back in the late 80s. Letting him have the run of the house went to his little pea brain.

Still miss the little bugger. He appears in my dreams occasionally to this day. Hi, Bob! Hi, Bob!

#2906 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Phil: Instead of your time spent here with the unwashed, I wonder did you read the exploits of my friend filmaker/author Stephen Fenech like I had suggested? Prob not.

Sorry CP I honestly do not remember your recommendation. Reading his Bio the man has certainly lived a full life going to 180 Countries and he may get to go to Mars as well. If he is your friend he is worth researching, the short "Backpack" video has me interested.

#2907 3 years ago

When every 3rd thing you read or hear, you say "WTF" in your head?

#2908 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Too active, I'm guessing? I can relate, my regular parakeet Bob demanded a lot of attention back in the late 80s. Letting him have the run of the house went to his little pea brain.
    Still miss the little bugger. He appears in my dreams occasionally to this day. Hi, Bob! Hi, Bob!

Oh yeah . Screeching like she was in the Amazon at 7am. Picture a tube like view filled with rage and a dish towel in your hands , a crooked smile on your face . That's it
    I said to my wife ..kijjj . Some lady bought her and when I went and met her lily the bird from hell, Flew away into a tree . No 300 bucks and no red lobster celebration dinner .i curse that bird.

#2909 3 years ago

Never buy a parrot. Their whole existence is to drive you crazy.

#2910 3 years ago
    Quoted from seeburg220:

When every 3rd thing you read or hear, you say "WTF" in your head?

You play drums ?

#2911 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

You play drums ?

Air drums...but only certain songs by the late, great Neil Peart. Xanadu and all of Permanent Waves.

#2912 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Oh yeah . Screeching like she was in the Amazon at 7am. Picture a tube like view filled with rage and a dish towel in your hands , a crooked smile on your face . That's it
    I said to my wife ..kijjj . Some lady bought her and when I went and met her lily the bird from hell, Flew away into a tree . No 300 bucks and no red lobster celebration dinner .i curse that bird.

You crack me up sometimes!

#2913 3 years ago

When trick shoes look interesting to you. But you remember all of the times you tried the trick stuff and were amazed at how your money just disappeared like magic.

I'd like to try these out, but I am living on the "you first" side of the street now.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/01/business/nike-hands-free-shoe/index.html

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 9.20.15 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-01 at 9.20.15 PM (resized).png

#2914 3 years ago

Anybody remember when certain regular Citizens were invited to Executions? I swear I remember one of my Parents being invited to Central Prison to witness an execution, the debate went on for days.

#2915 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

“Us Tarryton smokers would rather fight than switch”

The Tarryton commercial I loved and is not correct is the one where it shows a woman with a black eye. Showing that women could love to smoke Tarryton's also.

#2916 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

The Tarryton commercial I loved and is not correct is the one where it shows a woman with a black eye. Showing that women could love to smoke Tarryton's also.

Huh?

https://www.google.com/search?q=us+tareyton+smokers+would+rather+fight+than+switch&client=safari&rls=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiWgO783cvuAhUEC6wKHZ3ODkwQ_AUoAnoECBYQBA&biw=1274&bih=960

#2917 3 years ago

Gotta love using glorified violence to sell a slow poison!

#2918 3 years ago

You know you’re old when someone says “vintage 1980s” and you think, “That’s not very old."

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/william-s-coin-door-question-

#2919 3 years ago

You are sleeping and family members think you are dead.

You and your teeth don't sleep together.

LTG : )

#2920 3 years ago

When your eyes get good again and you no longer need glasses?

#2921 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

When your eyes get good again and you no longer need glasses?

Mom went through that a few years ago.

It did not last long.

Getting old SUCKS!

I wish you the best!

And Happy Birthday! (I know, a tad late).

#2922 3 years ago

Yes, but it is better than the alternative

#2923 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes, but it is better than the alternative

See post #1935.

#2924 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

See post #1935.

Sorry for your loss.

I'm 68. Sean Connery lived until 90. If I live to be 90, that is only 22 more years. And I know they will be the shortest stretch of 22 years I have lived; Yesterday will be here before I know it.

I'm getting to the age that the best way to woo a woman is to still be able to drive. A valid driver's license is a lady magnet

#2925 3 years ago

When your wife is worried that you are out snow blowing..especially when she sees me go down the street with it to do a neighbors after my own driveway

I never had this brought up before, ( must be I am old now). Thinking, she saw a special about more heart attacks shoveling and or snow blowing especially when temps in the teens...as they are of late.

#2926 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Sorry for your loss.

Yeah, it'll be ten years already. I've already surpassed his age. Can't imagine going so relatively young.

#2927 3 years ago

When you wonder if lifting your harbor freight pinball lift into the van is just as freaking heavy as picking up the pinball machine itself.

You sell your twin rifle game so you never have to move it again.

#2928 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

When you wonder if lifting your harbor freight pinball lift into the van is just as freaking heavy as picking up the pinball machine itself.

I haven't tried that yet.

A few years back when I was going to bring a roll cabinet and tools with to TPF. I did some thinking. And thought, "ramp". I found a nice five foot long ramp, that was hinged in the middle. So it was wide enough. Made of aluminum, so it was light enough and had a carrying case.

I ended up getting a Milwaukee rolling suit case looking thing and used it. I got the ramp dirt cheap. Like under $30, brand new at a closeout place. So I saved it. Sooner or later I'll wheel something into the van and will need it.

#2929 3 years ago

I will look into an aluminum ramp. If it folds in the middle I can store it. I am sure I can use it for other things like getting the snow blower or generator into the van.

#2931 3 years ago

So looking at the pictures on that site it is comforting to know I can use it to ride my "scooter" up onto the curb!

#2932 3 years ago

I don't take selfies much...you know your old when at first you think the light behind you is a spirit Orb , not a pot light.

20210207_154547 (resized).jpg20210207_154547 (resized).jpg20210209_130911 (resized).jpg20210209_130911 (resized).jpg
    #2934 3 years ago

How did Anne Murray get in my pics ? Wtf??

#2935 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

How did Anne Murray get in my pics ? Wtf??

"Vintage hottie of the month" candidate perhaps???

#2936 3 years ago

When you post pics of Anne Murray

#2937 3 years ago

You go to see co-workers you used to work with 4 years ago and they are still there.
    You talk about SS and they are glad to still have a job.
    They ask you what you have been doing. You know what they have been doing.
    You've been avoiding the vaccine and they are complaining the University hasn't offered it yet.
    Several of your co-workers retired since you left. Several have bad illnesses.
    Few got other full time positions. Many more trying. One guy got fired.
    You secretly look around and wish you could go back to work.
    They do, you leave.

#2938 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

You go to see co-workers you used to work with 4 years ago and they are still there.
    You talk about SS and they are glad to still have a job.
    They ask you what you have been doing. You know what they have been doing.
    You've been avoiding the vaccine and they are complaining the University hasn't offered it yet.
    Several of your co-workers retired since you left. Several have bad illnesses.
    Few got other full time positions. Many more trying. One guy got fired.
    You secretly look around and wish you could go back to work.
    They do, you leave.

That is a pretty good run down. About how little you really have in common with your co-workers.

#2939 3 years ago

Your best friend is dating a woman half his age and it isn't against the law.

#2940 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

When you post pics of Anne Murray

Accidentally, no less!

#2941 3 years ago

Vintage hottie of March?
    If no other suggestions, then 15 08 05 is hottie of March.

hottie of March (resized).pnghottie of March (resized).png
    #2942 3 years ago

sorry folks had a few drinks ... I know I know don't drink and Text.

#2943 3 years ago

Raise your hand if you poo your pants...just a little bit, but don't care

#2944 3 years ago

I dont have any pictures of anne murray in my camera.

#2945 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Vintage hottie of March?
    [quoted image]

You're really reachin' there, chief!

#2946 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Vintage hottie of March?
    [quoted image]

That's a dude, it's obvious. Look at the bone.

QSS

#2947 3 years ago

When you would rather keep a game you no longer want to play then move it out of the basement.

#2948 3 years ago

...when I took one of my EBD's pop bumpers apart last night to replace a chipped-up skirt and wasted time unsoldering and re-soldering the lamp wires because I forgot they can just be unplugged from the stupid socket even though I'm the one that installed the playfield 20 years ago.

#2949 3 years ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

...when I took one of my EBD's pop bumpers apart last night to replace a chipped-up skirt and wasted time unsoldering and re-soldering the lamp wires because I forgot they can just be unplugged from the stupid socket even though I'm the one that installed the playfield 20 years ago.

In your defense, it WAS 20 years ago.....

You know you are old when 20 years feels more like 5.

#2950 3 years ago

This is 400,000 people at Woodstock in 1969. I graduated in 1970. For quite a few years I always thought it would have been cool to be there among the crowds or people and action. I had to console myself with just watching the movie.

And now, I would not want be caught dead in a crowded mass of people like that. It would be a long walk to the port-a-pottie.

400,000 according to Google/Wikipedia.

db3ee64c24533d3d65dc24c046d95798490f0584.jpeg (resized).jpgdb3ee64c24533d3d65dc24c046d95798490f0584.jpeg (resized).jpg

There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.