Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,611 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    chip can (resized).jpg
    IMG_4874 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-07-13-43-03-50_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    There are 7,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 153.
    #2751 3 years ago

The building down the street that has been there "since forever" was only there just 20 years before you were born.

#2752 3 years ago

I am so old that I am just learning now that GenX must be the chosen ones. Let's see if they choose wisely.

#2753 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

When it takes 58 years, but you've finally turned into your dad.

It's good that after 58 years you realize that. I believe most guys are very similar to their dad by the time they are in there mid 40's. By the time they hit 50 they are a photo copy of their dad. That's pretty much how it all panned out for me.

I miss my dad, he died 5 years ago but all I have to do is look in the mirror and there he is. I'm 51.......Damn!!!

Our dads are awesome.

QSS

#2754 3 years ago
    Quoted from Scotty_K:

Amazing, isn't it, that these phones were, at one time, all over the place, and you wouldn't even give them a second thought. But now when you see one, it's like this strange oddity out of the past that you now point out? I still recall using a 3-slot payphone in front of a fire house near where I went to elementary school, calling home.
    BTW, I have a 3-slot in my game room; it's fully functional (and my son knows how to use the dial to make a call!).

Its very difficult to make an anonymous phone call these days. Not sure if thats good or bad.

#2755 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Its very difficult to make an anonymous phone call these days.

Throw away phones.

The more they gussy up technology. The more ways to get around it.

LTG : )

#2756 3 years ago

..when your own farts knock you out now.

#2757 3 years ago

When you know whats going to happen, and why, and what will happen after that.
    Life becomes like a TVSeries, you see the patterns, the method acting and you can call the end every time.
    Surprises come rarely. This set of circumstances have come 3 times before, yeah, that went as I suspected it would.

#2758 3 years ago

When you have a row of all the latest rock and roll pinball machines, and you literally shit your pants every time you walk by them.

#2759 3 years ago

When you realize that just because your baby is now grown up, that you are not done buying diapers yet.

#2760 3 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

It's good that after 58 years you realize that. I believe most guys are very similar to their dad by the time they are in there mid 40's. By the time they hit 50 they are a photo copy of their dad. That's pretty much how it all panned out for me.
    I miss my dad, he died 5 years ago but all I have to do is look in the mirror and there he is. I'm 51.......Damn!!!
    Our dads are awesome.
    QSS

Same feelings here. Say what you can to your parents while they are with us.

#2761 3 years ago

Anita Eckberg vintage hottie of January?

#2762 3 years ago
    20210108_135440 (resized).jpg20210108_135440 (resized).jpg
    #2763 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Anita Eckberg vintage hottie of January?

Totally.

anita-eckberg-la-dolce-vita-004 (resized).jpeganita-eckberg-la-dolce-vita-004 (resized).jpeg
    #2764 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

Totally.
    [quoted image]

I see your Anita, and raise you a Sophia!

20210109_072416 (resized).jpg20210109_072416 (resized).jpg
    #2765 3 years ago

Ooh, a 1940 Genco "Big Town"!

#2766 3 years ago
    Quoted from seeburg220:

I see your Anita, and raise you a Sophia![quoted image]

That's not a raise. I met her when she came to the bookstore I was working at in the 80s for a book signing. She was a royal bitch and wouldn't converse with or look at "the help."

#2767 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's not a raise. I met her when she came to the bookstore I was working at in the 80s for a book signing. She was a royal bitch and wouldn't converse with or look at "the help."

I remember that, you kept demanding she autograph your Alf coloring book. (No, I obviously wasn't there)

Getting old for me means daily mandatory exercise that yields endless small injuries and little change in my appearance.

#2768 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, she is Italian after all. Kinda like a Ferrari: Great curves and fast, but I'd never want to own one. Too high maintenance.

#2769 3 years ago
    Quoted from seeburg220:

Well, she is Italian after all. Kinda like a Ferrari: Great curves and fast, but I'd never want to own one. Too high maintenance.

Well, sure. There's that and the inevitable moustache.

#2770 3 years ago
    Quoted from seeburg220:

I would still like to take it for a ride.

#2771 3 years ago

My birthday is this is week, and I’ve received my Medicare card. So, I am now officially an old man. All I have to do now is tell stories beginning with “Back in my day ...” and complain about aches and pains, then the package is complete.

#2772 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

My birthday is this is week, and I’ve received my Medicare card. So, I am now officially an old man. All I have to do now is tell stories beginning with “Back in my day ...” and complain about aches and pains, then the package is complete.

Welcome to the club man and happy birthday
    Things begin to change ..it's bad when you don't care if your shirt is loud and you pants are hot red.

#2773 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Welcome to the club man and happy birthday
    Things begin to change ..it's bad when you don't care if your shirt is loud and you pants are hot red.

Got to buy a vintage "bowling shirt", plaid pants, wide white belt, and white leather shoes. This is what I am aiming for.

#2774 3 years ago

You just described the attire I wear at the golf course

#2775 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

You will like having Medicare.

#2776 3 years ago

You know your old when your hobby is paint by numbers. My wife and I tried to spend time together and talk and paint.
    I ruined all my paintings and got frustrated. I wrecked my very first one by spilling coffee all over it and wrecking part of my wife’s. second attempt was not so good at all and I threw it out. My wife didn’t get frustrated like me and finished both of hers no problem. 2 of my favourites she did.

478B3984-5220-443D-A2DA-06D16D79CD64 (resized).jpeg478B3984-5220-443D-A2DA-06D16D79CD64 (resized).jpeg4A562439-1FF9-4845-ACC7-5B0D4593AA38 (resized).jpeg4A562439-1FF9-4845-ACC7-5B0D4593AA38 (resized).jpeg
    #2777 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

You know your old when your hobby is paint by numbers.

Wow, looks good! Evidently they have come a long way since I have last did a paint by number - I remember doing something like this

hasbro2262painted (resized).jpghasbro2262painted (resized).jpg
    #2778 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

You know your old when your hobby is paint by numbers. My wife and I tried to spend time together and talk and paint.
    I ruined all my paintings and got frustrated. I wrecked my very first one by spilling coffee all over it and wrecking part of my wife’s. second attempt was not so good at all and I threw it out. My wife didn’t get frustrated like me and finished both of hers no problem. 2 of my favourites she did.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful work!!!

#2779 3 years ago

Does term life go way the F up when you hit 51? Is Covid affecting rates?

#2780 3 years ago

Great hobby, unfortunately I’m useless at it. Some of the new kits available for 15 bucks or so are pretty cool. The kits include the paint and a brush. Takes a few months to finish a medium skill painting but the results are well worth it. Also a great family activity.

#2781 3 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Does term life go way the F up when you hit 51? Is Covid affecting rates?

Yes. and. I don't know.

#2782 3 years ago

What's this? New weather girl?

20210116_182905 (resized).jpg20210116_182905 (resized).jpg
    #2783 3 years ago
    20210116_182911 (resized).jpg20210116_182911 (resized).jpg
    #2784 3 years ago

How many candidates were seen before she was chosen? The H/R dept must enjoy their work.

#2785 3 years ago

So, my knees stay messed up and I want to stay in the man cave and not even mess with the stairs to go to the rest of the house..

I recently did a small kitchen in the man cave. Now no need to have to go to the main floor again.

The only problem was not enough light over the kitchen sink in the man cave.

Well... I went looking around in my storage building, and had everything I need without having to go out spending money.

(this may could go in the "may be a redneck" topic also), but basically I have a cool looking lamp that was not being used, I hung it upside down over the kitchen sink, and plugged it into another light socket.

I am pretty sure my girlfriend will laugh about it, and not bitch about it, luckily she is pretty down to earth like I am.

Hey, just priorities as I get older. Try to use what I have already laying around, and not be running to Lowes or Home Depot or anywhere.

And I truly feel sorry for restaurant owners, even fast food ones, but this virus stuff has woke me up so much with how cheap it is to actually prepare my own food, that HOLY SHIT!, I can just keep on cooking my own meals and just retire early if I want to.

I am self employed, semi-retired anyway, and very quick now to say no to any client that wants me to do any kind of work that I do not want to mess with.

I would rather just stay with work that does not bother my knees, than to mess with that crap and then have to spend a ton of money on surgery even with insurance.

Not even the money thing with my knees, HELL NO, I do not even want to have to mess with a surgery and all that.

And I never wanted any kids, and I never had any kids, BUT, there is this 18 year old brunette I would like to adopt now. BUT, I know that would not go over well at all with my girlfriend. (and that is a joke from some old movie, I think it was Tom Hanks that said something like that in one of his early movies).

I do not look forward to it at all, but someday I can see us here arguing about which walker is best, and which diaper is best, etc.

Stay safe my friends! Don't be clowning around too much and breaking a hip or anything.

Hell, I guess the next big thing will be some company that makes wheel chairs at the perfect height for us to play our pinball machines from.

And all of this is kind of funny, but sadly at the same time it is not.

I wish all of us the best!

2020 sucked, I lost a best friend, he was 58 (cancer), and we all lost Who-Dey, and damn I miss both of them.

I really hope 2021 turns out awesome and none of us has to lose any friends or loved ones for any reason.

And I know I am old. My knees remind me daily.

#2786 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

And I truly feel sorry for restaurant owners, even fast food ones, but this virus stuff has woke me up so much with how cheap it is to actually prepare my own food, that HOLY SHIT!, I can just keep on cooking my own meals and just retire early if I want to.

Make your own ice tea for about 20 cents per gallon. Make your own coffee for about 5 cents a cup. You can save a lot of money.

#2787 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

What's this? New weather girl?
    [quoted image]

Looks like there's a big front moving in.......

#2788 3 years ago

You can keep the face!

#2789 3 years ago

Sophia Loren official vintage hottie for January. As voted.

#2790 3 years ago

Isn't that the waitress from Night Rider?

#2791 3 years ago

I know I am old when I go to McDonalds and still just order a sack of their regular plain single-patty hamburgers with the pickle slice and onions and ketchup in them. And you don't even know how much they cost cuz they don't even bother to put 'em on the menu sign anymore.

#2792 3 years ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

I know I am old when I go to McDonalds and still just order a sack of their regular plain single-patty hamburgers with the pickle slice and onions and ketchup in them. And you don't even know how much they cost cuz they don't even bother to put 'em on the menu sign anymore.

You know you're old when you remember the plain single McDonald's burgers were on the menu and cost 20 cents.

#2793 3 years ago

You know you are old when you do not understand pinball pricings above 10K for a new game.

#2794 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Isn't that the waitress from Night Rider?

Hardly. Plus, she probably had teeth.

#2795 3 years ago

When the last of one of your parents siblings dies. And there can be no denying that your own generation is next in line.

#2796 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

You know you're old when you remember the plain single McDonald's burgers were on the menu and cost 20 cents.

You know you are old when you worked at McD's when they still kept track of how many billions served, and you had to go change the number on the sign 1-2 times a year.

#2797 3 years ago

Down to the last case of Royal Yukon Club Cola but lost my church key.
    Wondered where the yaller went after brushing with pepsodent. Still don't trust the frito bandito, but the new Chiquita on the banana is hot. I'm hungry, yo quero taco bell!
    Only two guys named alice, cooper and chalmers.

#2798 3 years ago
    Quoted from JudeRussell:

You know you are old when you worked at McD's when they still kept track of how many billions served

ahem... "millions" served.

#2799 3 years ago
    Quoted from JudeRussell:

You know you are old when you worked at McD's when they still kept track of how many billions served, and you had to go change the number on the sign 1-2 times a year.

That ain’t old. Can you remember when their signs said “over one million served”?

#2800 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Looks like there's a big front moving in.......

It’s a cold front.

There are 7,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.