Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,576 posts
  • 443 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    chip can (resized).jpg
    IMG_4874 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-07-13-43-03-50_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    giphy.gif
    Superpower_(2023)-60523_(cropped) (resized).jpg
    2fe4ea9a16a4608d2fe59bca6c2f0202584bbaf8a68dfff2331ffd7302dad30e_1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1656 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 7,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 152.
    #2351 3 years ago

You remember when there was a lot more fun in this world.
    Frank Zappa said it best when he asked, "whatever happened to all the fun in the world?"

#2352 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

You remember when there was a lot more fun in this world.
    Frank Zappa said it best when he asked, "whatever happened to all the fun in the world?"

Fun...Fun you say?
    Oh no, we can't have any of that its too "offensive."

#2353 3 years ago

Grace Slick is 81 years old. Think about that, boomers.

#2354 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

And quietly sob.

Pulling out another OLD saying Youth is wasted on the young!

#2355 3 years ago

I want to get one of these shirts.

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 10.00.02 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-29 at 10.00.02 AM (resized).png

#2356 3 years ago

I want my wife to look like that.

#2357 3 years ago

When u take a lil nap after work, wake up, and the g friend buys you reading glasses from the dollar store..they work for reading, but makes the tv all blurry..

#2358 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I want my wife to look like that.

Here is the part they clipped off...

bad2 (2) (resized).jpgbad2 (2) (resized).jpg
    #2359 3 years ago

When you see that today’s kids shoot police and disrespect teachers....that would NEVER happen when I was a kid. Parents, teachers and cops were listened to, respected and yes, “feared”

#2360 3 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

When you see that today’s kids shoot police and disrespect teachers....that would NEVER happen when I was a kid. Parents, teachers and cops were listened to, respected and yes, “feared”

Back in the day The schools would have whipped their ass and the cops would have shot the person shooting at him like the dog that he is. If the former would happen there would be a lot less of the latter, but you know, liberals. A kid told my wife to fuck off and she sent him to the office and the principle gave him candy and told him he couldnt talk to teachers like that.

#2361 3 years ago

My sons fiancée is a teacher. That's common place now. What would Glen Ford do?

#2362 3 years ago

..You join the TCM wine club.

#2363 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

You have to pee 3 times a night

But only wake up twice.

#2364 3 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

I still have the red marks on my ass from when the shop teacher bent me over. His paddle had holes drilled in it to reduce drag

#2365 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

My sons fiancée is a teacher. That's common place now. What would Glen Ford do?

My friends daughter is a 4th grade teacher. One of her male students asked her “if she
    s*cked d*cks”. I swear the world is spinning out of control.

#2366 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I still have the red marks on my ass from when the shop teacher bent me over. His paddle had holes drilled in it to reduce drag

I used to get paddled for laughing too loud in class!!

#2367 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Back in the day The schools would have whipped their ass and the cops would have shot the person shooting at him like the dog that he is. If the former would happen there would be a lot less of the latter, but you know, liberals. A kid told my wife to fuck off and she sent him to the office and the principle gave him candy and told him he couldnt talk to teachers like that.

Fuck the "liberals" excuse. Shitty parenting has created those kids. Identify the root cause.

Whining that a teacher or cop can't beat or shoot them "like the dogs they are" is like kicking your dog for pissing in the house when you've been gone all day, but you know, conservatives.

#2368 3 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

The worst was in gym class and the coach whacked you with a ping pong paddle. Gym shorts were no cushion. Those ping pong paddles sting. All it took for coach was a small flick of the wrist and it brought tears.

#2369 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Fuck the "liberals" excuse

No shit. I'm about the most liberal mf you are likely to run into, and when I was living in small town Kansas, my kids were the ones that were always the teachers' pets. Polite, smart, top of the class and, according to many parent teacher meetings, funny as hell. It was the redneck assholes and smarmy pastor's kids who were the shithead problems.
    If the only reason you're a decent person(kid or adult) is because you fear getting the shit kicked out of you, then you aren't a good person in the first place.

#2370 3 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

My friends daughter is a 4th grade teacher. One of her male students asked her “if she
    s*cked d*cks”. I swear the world is spinning out of control.

That’s just Crazy man. I would freak out.
    Kate (future daughter in law) told me years ago about this Young kid who would suddenly get up in class and lay down on the floor. What’s wrong she said, sit back down! He says to her well I’m dead. She called the parent and was told ..don’t worry about it. So all year this kid would claim he was dead and nothing she could do about it.

#2371 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

That’s just Crazy man. I would freak out.
    Kate (future daughter in law) told me years ago about this Young kid who would suddenly get up in class and lay down on the floor. What’s wrong she said, sit back down! He says to her well I’m dead. She called the parent and was told ..don’t worry about it. So all year this kid would claim he was dead and nothing she could do about it.

Man, I could tell you some stories that my wife has told me that would blow your mind. They do not make kids behave anymore. They cant fail them. They cant do anything to them. And you wonder why they end up in jail or burning someones business down.
    My wife actually had a kid that would shit himself on purpose if he got upset. She had a girl that would get her period in 4th grade and sit there in her own filth and they expected the teacher to clean up after her.

#2372 3 years ago

But on the flip side —- please google the kid who hits dingers. Keep the faith in our young generation.

#2373 3 years ago

2 of my heroes...the kid who claimed he was dead and big Al who hits dingers.

#2374 3 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

The nuns in Catholic grade school knew how to keep order. Slap you upside the head, smack you with metal rulers, kick you in the shins with their pointy shoes. That was a different age, but you were taught discipline.

#2375 3 years ago

my dad got kicked out of a catholic boys school for poking a nun in the tit with a pencil. They beat his ass and then called his father. I remember my pre K teacher taking a kid in the bathroom, pulling down his pants in front of everyone and beating his ass with a ruler. Nuns dont play

#2376 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Grace Slick is 81 years old. Think about that, boomers.

Back in the 1980s, I believe, Grace said she quit touring because it was ridiculous for a lady as old as she was to be out on the stage. Now, that's like over 30 years ago.

#2377 3 years ago

She was doing Starship in the 90s

#2378 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

She was doing Starship in the 90s

Sure, and there have been a lot of other bands that called it quits too, and then returned.

This was a radio interview I heard about the time she released "Welcome to the Wrecking Ball".

#2379 3 years ago

I saw them in the 80's and Mickey Thomas was lead singer. No Grace Slick.

#2380 3 years ago

Jefferson Airplane did a reunion tour in 1989 and she was part of that. Didn't make it to that one, but I remember they warned us "these are your parents".lol.

#2381 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

The nuns in Catholic grade school knew how to keep order. Slap you upside the head, smack you with metal rulers, kick you in the shins with their pointy shoes. That was a different age, but you were taught discipline.

I'm sadly in that group too.

#2382 3 years ago

Even not being a Catholic myself, I learned about their physical abuse from a year in military school. Thankfully, as far as I know, the priest kept his hands off the cadets though.

#2383 3 years ago

When the simple act of using my phone to submit and/or pay anything of significance stresses me out in fear that I’m gonna screw up something or do something stupid like send multiple payments.

#2384 3 years ago

When a simple act of using my phone to submit and/or pay anything of significance stresses me out in fear that I’m gonna screw up something or do something stupid like send multiple payments.

#2385 3 years ago

When the simple act of using my phone to submit and/or pay anything of significance stresses me out in fear that I’m gonna screw up something or do something stupid like send multiple payments.

#2386 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

Easy fix. Perhaps you just need a larger, easier to use phone.

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
    #2387 3 years ago

Is that a phone or a sex toy?

#2388 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

Is that a phone or a sex toy?

Don't know, because my phone actually has a dial on it. State of the art.

And, I don't think never owning a cell phone makes you old. In fact, probably helps keep you from getting there.

#2389 3 years ago

No shit. I'm about the most liberal mf you are likely to run into, and when I was living in small town Kansas.
    I still laugh out loud at grandma saying isis is going to invade Kansas!

#2390 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

I think you're screwed, you just sent the same message 3 times. Haha

#2391 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I think you're screwed, you just sent the same message 3 times.

Now you know why he is stressed about making a payment and doing it three times instead of one time.

LTG : )

#2392 3 years ago

When you remember those cool kerosene road construction lamps used to mark hazards.

#2393 3 years ago

When i was a kid i always thought they were cartoon type bombs

#2394 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

When you remember those cool kerosene road construction lamps used to mark hazards.

We loved those things! I remember them burning for days in the street in front of our house when they were repaving in the early 60s. They totally looked like bombs, that's what we called them too.

Screenshot_20201107-172421_Firefox.jpgScreenshot_20201107-172421_Firefox.jpg
    #2395 3 years ago

my dad got kicked out of a catholic boys school for poking a nun in the tit with a pencil
    Damn...I’m sorry Jesus but I sure laughed out loud.

#2396 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

We loved those things! I remember them burning for days in the street in front of our house when they were repaving in the early 60s. They totally looked like bombs, that's what we called them too.
    [quoted image]

"Stratego" bombs. Also known as smudge pots.

#2397 3 years ago

So did he poke her with the pointy end or the eraser?

#2398 3 years ago

How old are you?

WW II ended in 1945. I was born seven years later in 1952. While my parents lived through it, WW II was a historical footnote for me.

On September 11, 2001, I turned on the TV just in time to see the 2nd jet fly into the World Trade Center. 9-11.

Anyone who was born in 2008, seven years after 9-11 is on the same timeline as I was in 1952 with regards to WW II. And 9-11 is nothing more than a historical footnote to those youngsters who are now 12 years old.

Life gets a little strange when looking in the rear view mirror.

#2399 3 years ago

Ken Burns masterpiece WW2 documentary should be mandated watching in every school.

#2400 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

How old are you?

I turned 45 this year. I remember the Challenger explosion. First "major" disaster memory. 9/11 hit while I was driving to work one day in Olathe.

There are 7,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 152.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-/page/48?hl=thatonedude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.