Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,576 posts
  • 443 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    chip can (resized).jpg
    IMG_4874 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-07-13-43-03-50_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    giphy.gif
    Superpower_(2023)-60523_(cropped) (resized).jpg
    2fe4ea9a16a4608d2fe59bca6c2f0202584bbaf8a68dfff2331ffd7302dad30e_1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1656 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 7,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 152.
    #2251 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Yupp, I think 1974? Waiting in long lines for gas. In Pa. you went by your inspection sticker on your windshield. Odd number got gas one day, even the other day. Fun times!!

In CA it was by the last number on your license plate. Also, the freeways were locked at 55 mph max and it was enforced.

Today 55 feels like a baby crawling. I was out yesterday and cruising at a steady 80 and cars were blowing by right by me like I was standing still.

#2252 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Oh yes, you remember what a VW Bug is/was. There are 6 Bugs in this pic.

My first four cars were VW Beetles. I learned to wrench on those funky little cars. Traded out for a motorcycle in college. Now, pinball machines crowd out extra vehicles.

#2253 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

In CA it was by the last number on your license plate. Also, the freeways were locked at 55 mph max and it was enforced.
    Today 55 feels like a baby crawling. I was out yesterday and cruising at a steady 80 and cars were blowing by right by me like I was standing still.

55mph was a buzz kill. Those smaller towns loved my lead foot while my bank account did not.

For a few years I drove a ‘77 Lincoln Mark V. The speedometer’s top listed speed was 80 mph. That was such a joke.

How many of you had a CB radio installed? “ Breaker 1-9. There’s a county mountie sitting at mile marker 158. This is Red Rooster on the side.”

#2254 3 years ago

Breaker 1-9 on way to shakey city

#2255 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Breaker 1-9 on way way to shakey city

You are an old fart, aren't you? I have not heard LA be called Shakey City for 50 years.

#2256 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

You are an old fart, aren't you? I have not heard LA be called Shakey City for 50 years.

Motion lotion was code for fuel!

#2257 3 years ago

Sounds like we got us a convoy.

#2258 3 years ago

...when you wake up with more aches and pains than you went to bed with.

#2259 3 years ago

When it takes you all night to do what you used to do all night.

LTG : )

#2260 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

55mph was a buzz kill. Those smaller towns loved my lead foot while my bank account did not.
    For a few years I drove a ‘77 Lincoln Mark V. The speedometer’s top listed speed was 80 mph. That was such a joke.
    How many of you had a CB radio installed? “ Breaker 1-9. There’s a county mountie sitting at mile marker 158. This is Red Rooster on the side.”

Dang, almost totally forgot I had a CB. We used it to watch out for bears. My handle was Belchfire.

#2261 3 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

You shake the trees.

I’ll rake the leaves and
    cdpinbacon can ride in the rocking chair.

#2262 3 years ago

I’ll take the blue mustang at the end of the line or the VW van on the side. 55mph sucked ass. I got a ticket the day I got my DL. I learned about lawyers quicker enough too

#2263 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

When you move back and forth between the couch and bed and randomly take in a 3 AM episode of Cannon before you finally get some sleep.

#2264 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

When you move back and forth between the couch and bed and randomly take in a 3 AM episode of Cannon before you finally get some sleep.

I prefer The Rockford files

#2265 3 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

I prefer The Rockford files

Absolutely loved Jim Rockford, but Angel made the show.

#2266 3 years ago

When you discuss, and it turns into garbage, with a younger person, as they
    find random Youtube videos to support their "proof".

Last nights dealt with secret Systems we have that create and control Hurricanes, for political reasons.

I swear, I am living with Idiocracy....."I like Mon-eee"

#2267 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

When you discuss, and it turns into garbage, with a younger person, as they
    find random Youtube videos to support their "proof".

In my experience, it's usually the older folk who seem most affected. My grandma was sure ISIS was going to invade Kansas. My dad has bought into every major conspiracy theory since at least the Satanic Panic of the 80s. The militia movement, the NWO, the Y2K end times, etc.
    That being said, my younger cousin seems to be buying into the new version of the NWO mythology and the fucking flat earth theory now, so it's metastasizing.

#2268 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

In my experience, it's usually the older folk who seem most affected. My grandma was sure ISIS was going to invade Kansas. My dad has bought into every major conspiracy theory since at least the Satanic Panic of the 80s. The militia movement, the NWO, the Y2K end times, etc.
    That being said, my younger cousin seems to be buying into the new version of the NWO mythology and the fucking flat earth theory now, so it's metastasizing.

Dude, I know you live in CA but do you not see what is going on. The NWO is practically here. George Bush flat out said it was coming and George Soros has said that America is the only thing standing in the way of global government and is doing everything he can do to bring America down.

#2269 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Dude, I know you live in CA but do you not see what is going on. The NWO is practically here. George Bush flat out said it was coming and George Soros has said that America is the only thing standing in the way of global government and is doing everything he can do to bring America down.

Dad?

#2270 3 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a convoy.

#2271 3 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

Angel made the show.

Perhaps.

MV5BMTQwOTM2MTA2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDQzOTE2._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_ (resized).jpgMV5BMTQwOTM2MTA2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDQzOTE2._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_ (resized).jpg
    #2272 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

ROTFLAMO !! Ha Ha Ha.

#2273 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Conspiracy theories make sense to uneducated people.

#2274 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

When it takes me nearly 24 hours to get the joke.

I get it now.............

QSS

#2275 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

The term conspiracy theory was made up by the CIA to try to shame people who were catching on to their shit.
    BYW I have a college education, I’m not uneducated. I’m aware not WOKE.

#2276 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Isis is going to Invade Kansas! LOL and a shout out to your Grand ma.

#2277 3 years ago

Great name and premise for a metal song!
    Isis Is Going To INVADE Kansas!
    Time to write that song

#2278 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

And smart people seem like crazy people, to stupid people....but that may be a conspiracy.

#2279 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a convoy.

With Don Williams playing on the 8 track !

#2280 3 years ago
    20201025_193056 (resized).jpg20201025_193056 (resized).jpg
    #2281 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Mine is at midnight and lasts two hours of "The 70's Show" takes me back to the good ol days and yes we did have the brown 70's kitchen appliances.

#2282 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Mine is at midnight and lasts two hours of "The 70's Show" takes me back to the good ol days and yes we did have the brown 70's kitchen appliances.

We had the avocado green.

I tried to get into "The Wonder Years", but can't remember dealing with any bitch quite like Winnie Cooper.

#2283 3 years ago

What...no harvest gold appliances?

Parents place had the gold.

When my older brother got a place, he had the old avocado green, though

#2284 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

That was like someone's grandma's house. Mom was hip, so she went with the avocado green, wall phone and toaster included.

#2285 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

With Don Williams playing on the 8 track !

Don Williams? WTF happened to C.W. McCall?

Would you mind falling back a little bit with that Jimmy hauling a load of hogs?

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 4.44.51 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-26 at 4.44.51 PM (resized).png

#2286 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

we did have the brown 70's kitchen appliances.

Quoted from o-din:

Quoted from pacmanretro:

All three of the "popular" colors that tried to replace white.

Now , it is stainless and black. I think I would prefer the harvest gold.

Black appliances are like black cars. They both look best on the showroom floors.

#2287 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

brown 70's kitchen appliances.

Quoted from o-din:

avocado green.

Quoted from pacmanretro:

harvest gold appliances?

Or the more rare "poppy red" -

poppy red (resized).jpgpoppy red (resized).jpg
    #2288 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Now , it is stainless and black.

There are ways around most everything. And if you look hard enough, yes you can get the matching appliances too.

download (2) (resized).jpegdownload (2) (resized).jpeg
    #2289 3 years ago

Speaking of vintage colors, here's my restored Hamilton Beach Jadite Green triple head mixer. I am very happy with how it came out, and makes a great frappe or malt.

IMG_3087 (resized).jpgIMG_3087 (resized).jpg
    #2290 3 years ago

Turned 51 today and realised I have lived 3/4 of my life

I am also catching up to my body age of 67!

#2291 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I tried to get into "The Wonder Years", but can't remember dealing with any bitch quite like Winnie Cooper.

I thought she was (& is) a hottie.

#2292 3 years ago

Well, happy birthday!

d04c4fcc6546844c24f7f61e7a284144 (resized).jpgd04c4fcc6546844c24f7f61e7a284144 (resized).jpg
    #2293 3 years ago

The years take a toll on all of us sir.

5f4.image (resized).jpg5f4.image (resized).jpg
    #2294 3 years ago

mmmmmmmmmmm Mary Annes cream pie

#2295 3 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

mmmmmmmmmmm Mary Annes cream pie

Mary Ann or Ginger? (Poll question)

#2296 3 years ago

When you need to wipe again after a couple of minutes.

#2297 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballsmith:

When you need to wipe again after a couple of minutes.

No ! You mean it comes to that ?

#2298 3 years ago

When young people staring at flat phones whilst walking down the street with lighted up head looking like morons start to irritate you

#2299 3 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Mary Ann or Ginger? (Poll question)

Both at the same time for me

#2300 3 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

Turned 51 today and realised I have lived 3/4 of my life

You mean, if all goes as planned...............lol

Happy Birthday!

There are 7,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 152.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.