Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,611 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    chip can (resized).jpg
    IMG_4874 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-07-13-43-03-50_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    There are 7,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 153.
    #2001 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

What? Thanks to POTUS, cottonm4 is getting so old he needs his own bp monitor?

Comprehend? He can now get a bp monitor thanks to the POTUS

#2002 3 years ago

... when you can remember entertainment consisted of a board game or two followed by NBC Saturday Night at the Movies or perhaps the ABC Sunday Night Movie.

#2003 3 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

I worked security for 20 Cent Fox back in the 80's out on the old Paramount Ranch in Malibu.
    The security shack was actually The Swamp on The Mash set.
    If you look on the wall behind my TAF you can see the helicopter sideboards you see in the opening credits.
    As an aside I found out in January of this year I have a 36 year old daughter, the product of a one night stand.
    She was conceived in The Swamp on Hawkeye's cot.
    Here is a pic, she is a BATF licensed pyrotechnician.
    She likes to blow shit up.
    My great grandfather was a dynamiter, my grandfather built munitions in WWI, dad built munitions in WWII and as a kid I would make explosives and blow them up in the desert.
    Funny she would be into this, fer sure it is a genetic thing. [quoted image][quoted image]

That is a cool story.

#2004 3 years ago

you need a larger toenail clipper

nail (resized).jpgnail (resized).jpg
    #2005 3 years ago

You know what these are.

LTG : )

pliers (resized).jpgpliers (resized).jpg
    #2006 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You know what these are.
    [quoted image]

I guess I must not be as old as I thought.

Enlighten me.

#2007 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Comprehend? He can now get a bp monitor thanks to the POTUS

No, I don't. Please enlighten me about how the POTUS is responsible for letting vets take home BP monitors like they have since 2002.

#2008 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I guess I must not be as old as I thought.
    Enlighten me.

Dairy use, nose pliers.

#2009 3 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Dairy use, nose pliers.

I was wondering about that. I used to help my grandpa milk his cows but I never saw one of those, which I can see would be very effective for the task at hand. But I was taught that pinching a horse or cow in the nose like that renders immediate control.

#2010 3 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Dairy use, nose pliers.

Quoted from cottonm4:

I was wondering about that. I used to help my grandpa milk his cows but I never saw one of those, which I can see would be very effective for the task at hand. But I was taught that pinching a horse or cow in the nose like that renders immediate control.

Works great with an ornery bull.

Just be somewhere safe when you let go.

#2011 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Just be somewhere safe when you let go.

Learned that the hard way, didja?

#2012 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Learned that the hard way, didja?

Pretty much. I was a kid at a farm auction. An old farmer showed me how to use it. Didn't say anything about after you let go.

Gets pretty exciting pretty fast.

#2013 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Pretty much. I was a kid at a farm auction. An old farmer showed me how to use it. Didn't say anything about after you let go.
    Gets pretty exciting pretty fast.

He must have been getting senile in his old age. I did not picture you as a farm boy.

#2014 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

He must have been getting senile in his old age. I did not picture you as a farm boy.

No, I think he spotted me for a city kid. It was at a farm auction. Asked me if I'd ever seen a bull pliers. Showed me how they work.

We used to buy the household stuff as a lot. Pull out the antiques, leave the rest. Later we hit them looking for DDT to hose the building down at the state fair so when we went in to work we didn't have to worry about brown spiders.

I'm sure the farmer got a kick out of a 1/4 ton of snort chasing that city kid.

Still makes me laugh, now. Wish I had a video of it.

#2015 3 years ago

You sell your twin rifle game because in a couple more years you wont be able to pull it out of the line up to repair it because it is so heavy.

#2016 3 years ago

Kind of off topic, but seeing those nose pliers reminds me of when my grandpa told me why he put nose rings on the hogs. (They were kind of free ranging.) The answer was to keep them from rooting and digging under the fence.

Ever since it became fashionable for people to wear nose rings I have visions of them trying to dig under a fence. I guess the rings are still effective, cause I've never seen one of them digging!

I'm waiting for notched ears to become fashionable, too.

#2017 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

Kind of off topic, but seeing those nose pliers reminds me of when my grandpa told me why he put nose rings on the hogs. (They were kind of free ranging.) The answer was to keep them from rooting and digging under the fence.
    Ever since it became fashionable for people to wear nose rings I have visions of them trying to dig under a fence. I guess the rings are still effective, cause I've never seen one of them digging!
    I'm waiting for notched ears to become fashionable, too.

Hogs can be tough on pasture ground. It is to keep them from digging up the pasture. With out the nose ring, they will tear up a pasture looking for goodies to eat.

#2018 3 years ago

Wish me god speed on my dog walk and may I score.

#2019 3 years ago

"He was just a hundred yards from Mary - Anne". If you recall those lyrics, your old.

#2020 3 years ago

Not 100% sure that because I am old I am this way, but most of the time anymore I enjoy goofing off on here more than playing the games I have.

#2021 3 years ago

When the bus driver would get stuck and have the bigger kids get out and push. The smaller kids get in the back and hop up and down. I'm pretty sure that would not happen today.

#2022 3 years ago

Wouldnt it make more sense to put the heavy kids in the back for traction?

#2023 3 years ago

Haha! Please Google "I hit dingers" kid camera shot on Little League world series.

#2024 3 years ago

If anyone can post it...Please do

#2025 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

If anyone can post it...Please do

Not sure the exact vid you’re looking for but here’s how you do it. Hit the arrow on top of screen. Then copy link. Then paste on here.

8303C747-20F8-4A0B-AB8A-7A57C9699E12 (resized).jpeg8303C747-20F8-4A0B-AB8A-7A57C9699E12 (resized).jpeg9863B027-AF14-4571-BA87-42F4FB6E9708 (resized).jpeg9863B027-AF14-4571-BA87-42F4FB6E9708 (resized).jpeg

#2026 3 years ago
    jedi old (resized).pngjedi old (resized).png
    #2027 3 years ago

....you need one of these. Not because you can’t bend down, but to keep the balls from dipping in the water

99BC6F96-1A7D-45A7-8722-D2AE43A088F3 (resized).jpeg99BC6F96-1A7D-45A7-8722-D2AE43A088F3 (resized).jpeg
    #2029 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

[quoted image]

Wait u til you start wearing suspenders

#2030 3 years ago

When you have finally seen enough to know you live in a giant simulation because reality couldn't possibly be this fucked up!

#2031 3 years ago

When you remember you opened any food product and there is no security packaging.

When you opened a container of pills and all you saw was wad of cotton.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

#2032 3 years ago

You remember hunting wooly mammoths.

#2033 3 years ago

I would bet that when I was a kid, there were can goods as old as I was in the cupboard. No way to know in those days.
    In that spirit, I often eat things first and check expiration after.

#2034 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You remember hunting wooly mammoths.

Do we need to talk about your misspent youth?

#2035 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Do we need to talk about your misspent youth?

After the hunt a big feast. Then have a go at the cave girls when they are done dressing the beast and roasting him and cleaning up the cave and fire pit. Hoo Chee mama !

#2036 3 years ago

2000+ posts!

We must keep posting the same thing or more of us must be getting older.

I went into Home Depot today for some lumber for my garage project. I won't go way back and say "I remember when a 2X4 actually measured two by four inches!" but I will say I remember when they were about $2.00 a piece. I had two piles to choose from today -- the pile at $5+ each that had more knots than a sailor's rope and were in the shape of a dogs leg. . . or the pile at $6+ each that were still strapped down and looked straight -- likely to turn into bananas when the straps holding the bundle together were released.

I did use my negotiating experience to get them to knock $20 off an exterior door because it had a small ding/scratch on it. . . enough to get me four "free" 2X4s.

#2037 3 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

I won't go way back and say "I remember when a 2X4 actually measured two by four inches!" but I will say I remember when they were about $2.00 a piece.

One of the few things that's great about living in West Virginia is that we have 2 sawmills within 10 miles of here that sell rough-sawn lumber. I bought some 2x6's to fix some roof rafters, and they are 2.0" by 6.0" and weigh a ton. And cheap, like $4 for a 10-footer. I had to wait a few minutes while they bandsawed 2x6s out of a stack of 4x6 posts.

You know you're old if you like machinery like this! Meet the "Wood Mizer"...it spit out 2x6s as fast as we could pull them off and load them in the truck.

20190412_092324KeyserSawmill (resized).jpg20190412_092324KeyserSawmill (resized).jpg

#2038 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

One of the few things that's great about living in West Virginia is that we have 2 sawmills within 10 miles of here that sell rough-sawn lumber. I bought some 2x6's to fix some roof rafters, and they are 2.0" by 6.0" and weigh a ton. And cheap, like $4 for a 10-footer. I had to wait a few minutes while they bandsawed 2x6s out of a stack of 4x6 posts.
    You know you're old if you like machinery like this! Meet the "Wood Mizer"...it spit out 2x6s as fast as we could pull them off and load them in the truck.
    [quoted image]

I love the old school lumber yards. There’s only one near me still that will actually cut some wood for me

#2039 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

When you remember you opened any food product and there is no security packaging.
    When you opened a container of pills and all you saw was wad of cotton.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks to the "Tylenol Murders". That's when it all started.

#2040 3 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Killed Halloween too. Really wiped out trick or treating in many areas.

#2041 3 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

I remember it so well. And I don't know why. The first person to go down was a Chicago airline stewardess. Her name was Paula Prince. It think 7 people in total were killed with the tainted pills, but I am not positive on that number.

And the boss of the company that made Tylenol made the decision to recall every last container, new or opened, and gave refunds. Grocers and distributors were directed to clean the shelves. There was big publicity on those moves and recalls. The goal was to recall and refund every last pill. Once that was done, Tylenol customers were 100% assured that they would not be the victim of some errant pill lying around somewhere. The gel caps disappeared and the hard pills were the replacement. The consumers got the confidence they needed and Tylenol still lives today.

I don't think they ever caught the murderer.

#2042 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Killed Halloween too. Really wiped out trick or treating in many areas.

Razorblades in the apples kind of stuff?

#2043 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Razorblades in the apples kind of stuff?

No. Right after the Tylenol scare, Halloween was coming up. Nation wide panic that kids could be getting poisoned candy. Ann Landers, Dear Abbey, Oprah, everybody was advising taking children to shopping malls rather than trick or treating door to door in their own neighborhood.

I never understood that. The Tylenol poisoning was at a Walgreens in shopping center.

Anyway I went from handing out 500 hundred or more candy bars at my business to none. Hospitals were X-Raying candy. All kinds of crap going on.

Halloween in my area never recovered. I don't even decorate or give out candy anymore.

#2044 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Halloween in my area never recovered. I don't even decorate or give out candy anymore.

It suffered around here, too. Some time in the early 90s, my friend and I took his kids trick or treating at the zoo. There were kiosks set up all around the walkways. It was controlled environment. I thought it was rather sad, but the kids did not seem to mind.

#2045 3 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Not sure the exact vid you’re looking for but here’s how you do it. Hit the arrow on top of screen. Then copy link. Then paste on here.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah that's the one! Thanks!!

#2046 3 years ago

I don’t know where to find it but I read that the razerblade shit was one episode and it was a man trying to kill his own kid because he had a big life insurance policy on him. Anyone doing uthis or hitting a kid in any way should be put to death in the town square.

#2047 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Anyone ... hitting a kid in any way should be put to death in the town square.

Sounds excessive. How about littering, 20 years hard labor or what?

#2048 3 years ago

Stupid iPhone. It was supposed to be hurting a kid like that.

I’m talking about pedos and cruelty to kids not something like a spanking. And I’m not going there

#2049 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Stupid iPhone. It was supposed to be hurting a kid like that.
    I’m talking about pedos and cruelty to kids not something like a spanking. And I’m not going there

A little better, but the death penalty for anything is barbaric. And in the town square? Sounds like you might have been happier in the middle ages. But there was no pinball then, hmmm, tough call.

#2050 3 years ago

When these advertising phrases mean something to you.

1) Clean Rest Rooms.

2) Free Road Maps.

3) Ladies, please don't squeeze the Charmin.

4) Put a tiger in your tank. Exxon.

5) Where the rubber meets the road.

6) Reach out and touch someone.

7) Us Tarryton smokers would rather fight than switch.

8 ) I'd walk a mile for a Camel

9) Folger's, its the richest kind.

10) Good to the last drop.

11) Lava, the hand soap.

12) Heinz loses.

13) M-I-C-K-E-Y Mouse. Micky Mouse.

14) Ring around the collar.

14) Rolaids, consumes up to 47 times its weight in stomach acid.

15). How do you spell relief?

16) Let your fingers do the walking.

17) Be the first kid on your block to get your Magic Decoder Ring.

There are 7,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-/page/41?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.