Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by JethroP
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN9010 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20240424_173431.jpg
    438712280_7241935899188350_8066440579298486095_n (resized).jpg
    MV5BMWE3ZThjM2UtMTg2NS00NjY3LTk5ZGEtMTdlYmY3OGE2ZmZlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif
    There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 153.
    #101 5 years ago

.....When you think things like this are funny!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #102 5 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

When you were a kid a candy bar was a dime and gas was 35 cents a gallon.

Try nickel candy bars and 17 cents per gallon.

#103 5 years ago

I remember the general time when pinball machines went to 3 balls for a quarter. That was a shocker. But at least you could still roll up some games on the credit reel.

#104 5 years ago

You think the Beatles are still cool.

#105 5 years ago

When you get disappointed by the new Rolling Stones pinball machines, again.

#106 5 years ago

When fist fights were cool!

#107 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Try nickel candy bars and 17 cents per gallon.

When were you born?

#108 5 years ago

When you are coming up on your second colonoscopy.

#109 5 years ago
    Quoted from mikat11:

When you start wondering how many of your Rock/Musical Heroes still living instead of who who has passed on.

And when all of your Rock/Musical Heroes death announcement is at the bottom of page 6 instead of the headline.

Page 1

Elvis
    John Lennon
    George Harrison
    Glen Frey
    David Bowie
    Tom Petty
    Hendrix
    Roy Orbison

Page 6

Doug Sahm
    Jack Bruce
    Leslie Gore
    Johnny Winter
    Freddy Fender

#110 5 years ago

Few years ago I went to see my Syracuse Orange play the dastardly evil Florida State Seminoles and of course get the crap beat out of them. Its fair to say the Orange got crushed. But the chicks! I mean the young coeds....what are ya goon do?...If you talk to one of them they are just gonna laugh.
    I hate getting old. Mentally you dont fel old but you arent nailing shingles or lifting cinder blocks ever again.

#111 5 years ago

When you read a bunch of posts by an old guy named Odin, imagine him to be Clint Easwood's character in Gran Torino, then meet him only to find out you're older than he is. And then read this thread and find out that you were already getting hi when Buzz was born. Thank God I only remember 7 cent candy bars. But maybe that's because I was already getting hi when Buzz was born.

#112 5 years ago

When you have to pee 2 or 3 times a night.........and you only get out of bed once

#113 5 years ago

My husband says “You know you’re getting old when the thought of staying up all night is not only no longer exhilarating, but feels actually life-threatening.”

I felt old when I was speaking to a graduate level college class (25-35 year olds) and I shared some of the creative projects I was involved with in my previous career (animation). Afterwards one of the kids came up to me and genuinely thanked me for “being a part of so much of his childhood”.

I was so horrified at realizing how long I’d been out of the industry, it took me an uncomfortably long moment to actually thank him for the kind words!

#114 5 years ago

You can't get out of bed with out making groaning noise.

#115 5 years ago

Oldster 1: My problem? When I get up at 6am, it takes me 20 minutes to pee.

Oldster 2: My problem? When I get up at 7am, it takes me 30 minutes to poop.

Oldster 3: At 8am, I pee like a racehorse, and shit like a goose... my problem? I don't get up until 9 am

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

When you are coming up on your second colonoscopy.

Had my second about a year ago.

#117 5 years ago

When you get the invitation for your 50th high school reunion.

#118 5 years ago

You go to Best Buy to grab a new printer/ scanner. And you tell the tech guy on the floor you don't need one that has fax capabilities.
    He says, " what's fax?". So I had to explain what a fax was. At least he learned something new that day.

This happened to me and my wife yesterday.

#119 5 years ago

You have syactic nerve pain down your league for no reason but back pain that comes out of nowhere

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

You have syactic nerve pain down your league for no reason but back pain that comes out of nowhere

I am so confused by this statement. Is it because I am old? I have the pain and play on a league but never knew they are related.

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rabbit:

“You know what, Mrs. Howe doesn’t look too shabby!”

When you can't remember the actual last name of an old sitcom character.

#122 5 years ago

You hear the phrase, "it was a bit before my time" in conversation more often.

EG:

Gen X: The Challenger space shuttle blowing up shortly after liftoff was tragic.

Gen Z: It was a bit before my time. Was that to do with the moon landing?

#123 5 years ago

How about when you have two pair of reading glasses in every room - one pair for the regular stuff and the second higher power pair for "fine print" like they are using these days in the newspaper!

Which brings up two more - having to put on a pair of reading glasses so you can see to shave - just had to do that again this morning.

Remembering getting a newspaper every day and sitting down to read it to get the news!

#124 5 years ago

I remember the last time I had to update a security badge, the 20-something year old girl behind the counter took the liberty of changing my hair color from brown to gray on the new badge. That's when I knew...

#125 5 years ago
    Quoted from mikat11:

Beatles are still cool, damn whippersnappers think they know everything.

#126 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

How about when you have two pair of reading glasses in every room - one pair for the regular stuff and the second higher power pair for "fine print" like they are using these days in the newspaper!
    Which brings up two more - having to put on a pair of reading glasses so you can see to shave - just had to do that again this morning.
    Remembering getting a newspaper every day and sitting down to read it to get the news!

maxresdefault.jpg.cf (resized).jpgmaxresdefault.jpg.cf (resized).jpg
    #127 5 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Beatles are still cool, damn whippersnappers think they know everything.

Ya, they could actually write great songs with multiple chord changes and diverse instrumentation!
    This video explains the problem with modern pop music really well! Worth the time to watch. Warning, it's depressing! And has nothing to do with sex.

#128 5 years ago

When you get tired of someone half your age or more complaining about "injustices" that affect them, that we use to call mistakes.

#129 5 years ago

Music so bad they gotta take their clothes off.

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Music so bad they gotta take their clothes off.

That won't even fix it!

#131 5 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

When you can't remember the actual last name of an old sitcom character.

Ha ha!
    You got me.
    Your old when close is good enough!

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

I am so confused by this statement. Is it because I am old? I have the pain and play on a league but never knew they are related.

Sorry meant to say leg but it came out league too funny when typed it without checking

#133 5 years ago

you remember going to photo hut to get pictures developed in about a week. also using those cubes if you wanted a flash.
    having to reserve a line if you wanted to make an international call

#134 5 years ago

....when the oldest person I met as a child, claimed to have been a child soldier in the Civil War.

#135 5 years ago

When you take some friends to an old haunt. You are driving, and turn up the street you remember. It is now a One Way and with traffic coming towards you.

#136 5 years ago

You Remember either of these.

Screenshot_20180806-022906~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180806-022906~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180806-023023~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180806-023023~2 (resized).png
    #137 5 years ago

When i was young i bought a stoneage man like this and i found it funny.
    Today when i see him it´s like a mirror. Not funny amymore.

#138 5 years ago

Realising people nowadays have no idea what an VHS or even cassette tapes are, while i still have piles of them.

#139 5 years ago

How about when you are still talking about answering machines or land line phones?

#140 5 years ago

How about when you are still talking about answering machines or land line phones?

Hey, I still have a Charter land phone and answering machine! LOL!

#141 5 years ago

When you go to the drugstore for ice cream.

#142 5 years ago

When you start attending more funerals than weddings.

#143 5 years ago

When you think Stern's latest game is a good relevant license.

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Hey, I still have a Charter land phone and answering machine! LOL!

I didn't even know you could still buy answering machines!

#145 5 years ago

When you stop attending funerals because there is nobody left that can die but you.

#146 5 years ago

I didn't even know you could still buy answering machines!

I think they are next to erak fax machines

#147 5 years ago

When you post a comment or pic on pinside and then think "wait did I already post that previously?" or "did I see that in a different thread?"

#148 5 years ago

The year marked as able to purchase alcohol is the year you graduated high school.

#149 5 years ago

Put box of cereal in refrigerator, put carton of milk in the cupboard.

#150 5 years ago

You mistake the Preparation H for the tooth-paste in the morning.

There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-/page/3?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.