Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,499 posts
  • 443 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by phil-lee
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2E49463C-FBF8-427F-9E75-7A139BA2723C (resized).jpeg
    B489E7CE-9FBA-4938-AF66-220D817E2118 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5238 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2024-03-23 at 8.01.30 PM.png
    p183982_b_h10_ad (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-03-19 at 10.23.38 AM (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 8.21.48?PM (resized).png
    IMG_1593 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2061 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 8.43.57 AM (resized).jpg
    google (resized).jpg
    3oforH0q_1811141354531 (resized).jpg
    rain sing (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1710278609225 (resized).jpg
    Resized_20240306_152326 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,499 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 150.
    #1901 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

This getting old stuff just sucks at the moment...sorry for the rant.

In a lot of ways getting older can have its downsides.

One of the burdens people bear is being aware that we will age and that ultimately we will not be here in physical form forever. The upside is that most of us do not live day to day thinking about the inevitable -- instead we focus on the days and moments in the present.

I've been taking my new found aches, pains, and occasional tiredness as little reminders to now and again stop and smell the roses so to speak. Instead of going pedal to the metal I've switched to cruise mode to try and appreciate what life has to offer. Sights, sounds, smells, spending time with and talking to family are more of a priority -- seeing some of these changes in the ones we love can highlight what can really be important.

I hope Mom is back to swinging the ping pong paddle soon -- make sure she knows how much you enjoy spending time with her too.

#1902 3 years ago

Have a great 4th July weekend folks!

#1903 3 years ago

Im just hoping I can stay up late enough to see the fire works.

#1904 3 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Im just hoping I can stay up late enough to see the fire works.

If you were younger I would guess they would see you awake. But I suppose your hearing is gone from too many concerts ?

#1905 3 years ago

Vintage hottie of the month Lauren Bacall
    Beauty grace and that unmistakable voice
    What an actress!

#1906 3 years ago

You know you're old when...
    Instead of saying, COOL! when your neighbors blow off an endless array of fireworks, but instead you're considering calling the cops.
    You know you're old when....
    You're gripping a broom handle far more often than you ever did before!

#1907 3 years ago

Went to Whities yesterday, as in Castle.
    Got a #1Combo: 4 sliders, fry, pop and
    a medium onion chip. Just under $10.
    You know you are old when...
    You can remember getting 3X more
    for 3X less than what I paid.
    Fast food ain't what it used to be
    that's for sure.

#1908 3 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

that's for sure.

That's for sure. I remember a local burger joint - Bob's burgers - had a little rotating sign above their main sign that said "19 cent burgers"

#1909 3 years ago

You remember the actress in a silent movie.

LTG : )

#1910 3 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

that's for sure.

I remember when White Castle burgers were 8 cents a piece but it cost you 5 cents to get in their restroom.

#1911 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I remember when White Castle burgers were 8 cents a piece but it cost you 5 cents to get in their restroom.

Somewhat related. . .

After my last pin pickup I stopped into Burger King for a Whopper Jr. because I knew the Mrs. was making supper (she is vegan -- another story for another day ) and in addition to my Whopper Jr. I asked what quantity was in an order of chicken nuggets. The squawk box replied "We have eight for a dollar." which I thought was a decent price so I added them to my order with a sweet and sour sauce.

They tossed me the bag out the drive by window and I ate my Whopper Jr. (which is about the size of a White Castle burger these days) then took a look at the nuggets. They looked thinner than I remembered and almost over cooked -- plus they forgot to put my sauce in the bag. Against my better judgement I ate them. . . and paid the price for it not long after (this was before I ate the vegan food ).

Reminded me of the time I ordered/tried the Burger King taco. My advice is avoid those too. . .

#1912 3 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Reminded me of the time I ordered/tried the Burger King taco. My advice is avoid those too. . .

I had the Burger King hot dogs once,just once.

#1913 3 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

I had the Burger King hot dogs once,just once.

Lol I feel the same about their sausage biscuit breakfast sandwich.

#1914 3 years ago

I'm finding that as I get older, my body is having a much lower tolerance for fast food. It seems that every time I have something like BK or Taco Bell, I pay for it soon after. And don't even get me started about White Castles. I used to be able to eat a ton of those when I was a kid. Now, not so much...

#1915 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Post #915. 85 away from 1000 where Tractor Doc get to take a bow The old farts have been fairly creative, I reckon.

One year and 1000 posts ago, I made the suggestion that Tractor Doc take a bow and do post 1000. To which he did.

It is time to make a mental note to save post 2000 space for TD.

EDIT : Tie a sting to your finger so you don't forget.

#1916 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Tie a sting to your finger so you don't forget.

Oh no you don't I've fell for the old "pull the finger trick before".

#1917 3 years ago

You fall asleep and someone checks your pulse

#1918 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

One year and 1000 posts ago, I made the suggestion that Tractor Doc take a bow and do post 1000. To which he did.
    It is time to make a mental note to save post 2000 space for TD.
    EDIT : Tie a sting to your finger so you don't forget.

Is there a Pinside award for that?

#1919 3 years ago

How bout when I turn 60 tomorrow? WTF. I'm active as hell, in the last 3 days I dug 8 footers for a new deck at my house. Rented an auger but my shale infested soil only let it dig 16" or so, Did the rest by hand. Then mixed over 1000lbs of concrete to fill those holes, by hand in a concrete mix tray. 80 lb bags one at a time. I'm feeling it now..... Getting old sucks.

#1920 3 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

How bout when I turn 60 tomorrow? WTF. I'm active as hell, in the last 3 days I dug 8 footers for a new deck at my house. Rented an auger but my shale infested soil only let it dig 16" or so, Did the rest by hand. Then mixed over 1000lbs of concrete to fill those holes, by hand in a concrete mix tray. 80 lb bags one at a time. I'm feeling it now..... Getting old sucks.

Lol sounds like me I'm 64.9 and I think I'm eighteen until the next day when I'm reminded quite clearly by my body that it's not so.

#1921 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Lol sounds like me I'm 64.9 and I think I'm eighteen until the next day when I'm reminded quite clearly by my body that it's not so.

I hear you. I do home repairs and remodeling. I took off 2 weeks off to do my house. Have the next 10 weeks booked solid with work. But I'll never get my deck done in that time frame. PA has had a heat wave, it 90 by 2pm, makes working outside difficult. I start at 7AM while it's still cool out but by noon I'm wilting. Thank God my upcoming work is prepping homes for sale inside with A/C.

#1922 3 years ago

Gabbing with people you know, discussion turns to how old some actors are. I'll step up with Olivia de Havilland she just turned 104.
    Some responses are, "Who?"

Added over 4 years ago:

Edit. July 26 2020. Sadly, Olivia passed away today.

#1923 3 years ago

This getting old stuff just sucks at the moment...sorry for the rant.

I feel your pain!

#1924 3 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

They can be hit or miss. I don't see them around anymore, but the last one I had looked like it was run over by a bus. I got a bunch of them one time, and they were decent. Reminded me of those nasty, greasy, but tasty ones I used to get at Jack in the Box when we had that joint here.

#1925 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Jack in the Box

They opened one a couple years back here in the Cincinnati area and I have to say I really didn't care for the food at all but they must do okay as it's still open.

#1926 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Is there a Pinside award for that?

No award. I think everybody was surprised when TDs post got to 1000. Now the Old Farts pinside thread is almost at 2000.

#1927 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

No award. I think everybody was surprised when TDs post got to 1000.

Throw enough topics at the forum and something is likely to stick. . .

Don't worry about saving a special place for me as I'm sure I can add a post at 2001 -- if we make it that far!

#1928 3 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Throw enough topics at the forum and something is likely to stick. .

I did not know you were practicing for a political run.

#1929 3 years ago

One of my favourite T shirts..

38CE843A-B134-4B32-903B-33D95423691C (resized).jpeg38CE843A-B134-4B32-903B-33D95423691C (resized).jpeg
    #1930 3 years ago

You know your Old when a cast iron self propelled sprinkler tractor excites you.

9DD2EFFA-C616-4549-BD66-0CABE6F95B25 (resized).jpeg9DD2EFFA-C616-4549-BD66-0CABE6F95B25 (resized).jpeg
    #1931 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

You know your Old when a cast iron self propelled sprinkler tractor excites you.
    [quoted image]

I have one of those. Mine says "Made in the USA"---I'm holding on tight. .

#1932 3 years ago

If you died and went to hell, how long would it take you to realize you were not still at work?

I'd never figure it out!
    That's why I fear dying in my sleep!

#1933 3 years ago

When your body no longer forgives you for simple things. I was playing my Star Race yesterday evening and I noticed my ball drift a little to the right so I got out my level and sure enough not quite level. I had my Circus up on my HF lift as I was working on it so I thought shit no need to pull it out and use it here just to adjust a leveler leg. Got up under it on all fours and used my back to lift and make the adjustment. Never felt anything so I didn't notice at the time but I sure as hell did this morning. I could hardly get out of bed to a standing position my back is so screwed up lol, I'm still messed up even after taking a muscle relaxer and 4 Aleve, it goes without saying I'll not repeat that again anytime in the near future. Getting Old Sucks!

#1934 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I have one of those. Mine says "Made in the USA"---I'm holding on tight. .

Oh yeah ..me too...highly recommend. Even fun to watch!

#1935 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Getting Old Sucks!

Yeah, but as my late older brother used to say, "it's better than the alternative." Unfortunately, he got the alternative.

#1936 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

When your body no longer forgives you for simple things. I was playing my Star Race yesterday evening and I noticed my ball drift a little to the right so I got out my level and sure enough not quite level. I had my Circus up on my HF lift as I was working on it so I thought shit no need to pull it out and use it here just to adjust a leveler leg. Got up under it on all fours and used my back to lift and make the adjustment. Never felt anything so I didn't notice at the time but I sure as hell did this morning. I could hardly get out of bed to a standing position my back is so screwed up lol, I'm still messed up even after taking a muscle relaxer and 4 Aleve, it goes without saying I'll not repeat that again anytime in the near future. Getting Old Sucks!

Wait until you go to sleep and all is well. And when you wake up you cannot figure out the source of your new pain.

I had to buy a high priced massage chair that I employee 3-4 days a week to keep this twisted muscle under control.

#1937 3 years ago

Ending every activity with a sigh.

#1938 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Wait until go to sleep and all is well. And when you wake up you cannot figure out the source of your new pain.

Pain or not. How the h*ll am I going to get out of bed ?

#1939 3 years ago

When I'm afraid to post:

I'd buy a "Fantasy Island" pin... as long as the lockbar was covered in [say it with me] fine Corinthian leather!

in the "Is Stern blacklisting people" thread, 'cuz no one would know what the f&*% I'm talking about

#1940 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Pain or not. How the h*ll am I going to get out of bed ?

Yeah, like when you have to rock back and forth to gain enough momentum to get out of bed!

#1941 3 years ago

You listen to vintage in store K-mart christmas music from the early 70's. On You Tube. I do that. My wife caught me today and wasnt impressed.

#1942 3 years ago

You are getting up there if you remember burning your trash in a 55 drum in the backyard—-and you lived in the city.

#1943 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah, like when you have to rock back and forth to gain enough momentum to get out of bed!

You guys need to raise the level of your beds. Higher bed is much easier to get out of.

#1944 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

You guys need to raise the level of your beds. Higher bed is much easier to get out of.

Yeah, but too high and you may break a hip.

#1945 3 years ago

#1946 3 years ago

You know your old when you see Joe Namath pitching Medicare policies.

c (resized).jpgc (resized).jpg
    #1947 3 years ago

When you have to use a knife to get the security wrapping off you vitamin bottle.

#1948 3 years ago

You know your old when you take your dog for a walk and find a Un used pooper scooper
    In someone's recycling bin. So happy I raised it in the air like a conquering centurian!

20200713_150307 (resized).jpg20200713_150307 (resized).jpg
    #1949 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

You know your old when you take your dog for a walk and find a Un used pooper scooper
    In someone's recycling bin. So happy I raised it in the air like a conquering centurian!
    [quoted image]

It is refreshing to see that you are easily amused

#1950 3 years ago

What's weird the day before I was scoffing at the prices at pet value. Hence the Victory.

There are 7,499 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-/page/39?hl=damoib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.