Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,611 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    chip can (resized).jpg
    IMG_4874 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-07-13-43-03-50_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    There are 7,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 153.
    #1851 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Nothing runs like a deere

We use those too.

IMG_5846 (resized).JPGIMG_5846 (resized).JPG

That picture was taken years ago and I was still riding the wagon/stacking hay while dad drove the tractor. Because we are older now we use a round bailer (no more stacking for me) and dad now drives a tractor with a cab and air conditioning!

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

What’s that little shed in the background?

The shed is a little building off of the barn where milk cans were stored in a type of water bath (to keep them cooler) until they could be picked up by the milk truck. Today it is the perfect sort of place for murder hornets to hang out.

#1852 3 years ago

when it's taken you until after dark to grab your first beer.

#1853 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

when it's taken you until after dark to grab your first beer.

Here recently I've had my first cold one before noon on some days -- weekends when I'm not on call for work that is.

#1854 3 years ago

is this a ROAD SHOW topic !?
    (mini) TAXI mode !!!!!!!!!!!!

#1855 3 years ago

If you lived in the mid-west and remember Sandy's

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy%27s

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1856 3 years ago

Can't seem to remember Sandy's...
    But I do remember Red Barn!

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
    #1857 3 years ago

I don't remember Sandy's but we had Red Barn as they started in Springfield, Ohio in 61. They had good fish that reminded me of Arthur Treacher's

#1858 3 years ago

Red barn in Canada too...remember stopping for burgers on way back from Dixie hockey arena as a kid

#1859 3 years ago

When it comes down to strictly just cutting grass. Hustler super Z 72” will get it done fast.

#1860 3 years ago

It’s a Saturday night and you are just sitting home posting in a you know you are old when thread

#1861 3 years ago

#1862 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

It’s a Saturday night and you are just sitting home posting in a you know you are old when thread

It feels just like my New Years celebrations.

What time is it?

9pm.

OK. I think I'll go on to bed.

#1863 3 years ago

Going fishing with my wife in an hour ...This should go well

#1864 3 years ago

Pics comin any toilet seats, large bass or hot neighbor.

#1865 3 years ago

You remember Carl Reiner... on the Dick Van Dyke show... in primetime...

#1866 3 years ago

I remember him in "it's a mad mad world" movie.

#1867 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaMoib:

You remember Carl Reiner... on the Dick Van Dyke show... in primetime...

RIP Carl Reiner.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/30/entertainment/car-reiner-obit/index.html

#1868 3 years ago

You open the best band thread and immediately think the big band era.

LTG : )

#1869 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Benny Goodman, Artie Shaw, Guy Lombardo, Bix Biederbeck, Glenn Miller.

How about some Moonlight Serenade ?

#1870 3 years ago

How about some Lawrence Welk and the baddest bubble machine on the planet.

#1871 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I remember him in "it's a mad mad world" movie.

"The Russians are coming! The Russians are coming!", saw it in the drive-in...

#1872 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Going fishing with my wife in an hour

Could be surprised my wife tourney fishes with me and she's great! We won over $4K last season in the carp and cat tourney's.

amy catfish 2_n (resized).jpgamy catfish 2_n (resized).jpgamy catfish7_n (resized).jpgamy catfish7_n (resized).jpgamy fish (resized).jpgamy fish (resized).jpg
    #1873 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Every once in awhile, you tube will serve up some LW and Myron on the accordion. And the bubbles, too. I watched all that TV music. LW, Porter Wagoner, Slim Whitman, Sing Along with Mitch, and (choke ) Max Sanders.

I was not discriminate in my TV. I caught all of the rasslin' shows, too. Texas Bob Geigle is one name I remember.

#1874 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I was not discriminate in my TV. I caught all of the rasslin' shows, too. Texas Bob Geigle is one name I remember.

I loved it when Bull Curry would take bites out of the turnbuckles. Big Time Wrestling then.

#1875 3 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

Can't seem to remember Sandy's...
    But I do remember Red Barn![quoted image]

Omg I loved Red Barn I think they had the best onion rings around.

#1876 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I loved it when Bull Curry would take bites out of the turnbuckles. Big Time Wrestling then.

I got to go to a live wrestling show when I was about 14. The best part of the show was watching all of the grandma's waving their middle fingers at the wrestler that they thought was a skunk. It was a riot.

I stayed on my grandparents farm for a few months. Monday night was Omaha wrestling. Saturday evening was St. Joe Missouri. It was crappy country TV so those two shows were the only thing they watched. It was comical to sit in the living room as they both cussed out the wrestlers and the referee. I think "that blind referee" got most of the cussing.

#1877 3 years ago

How many of you remember Minnie Pearl having a fried chicken chain of restaurants. Although, maybe I should ask how many remember Minnie Pearl?

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 7.06.21 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-06-30 at 7.06.21 PM (resized).png

I was going to ask the same about Roy Roger's roast beef restaurants, but I guess 48 of RR restaurants are still around. So, I guess the better question is: Are you old enough to remember watching Roy and Dale sing Happy Trails at the end of the RR show every week?

https://www.royrogersrestaurants.com/who-we-are

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#1878 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Roy Roger's roast beef restaurants,

Still have a Roy Rogers in Milford Ohio just north of Cincinnati. If they've seen Hee Haw or the grand ole opry they know Minni Pearl. She never removed the tags from her cloths.

#1879 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Damn; not that old!!!

#1880 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

How 'bout Mitch Miller and the bouncing ball over the lyrics?

#1881 3 years ago

Your go to hat. Considered classy in my world. ..wait a minute ..Mabey I'm just a red neck.

20200630_215038 (resized).jpg20200630_215038 (resized).jpg
    #1882 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Remember the singer/dancer on that show...it's sad I know her name was Sissy.

#1883 3 years ago

Bobby and Sissy. JoAnn Castle; the piano player. She was good! Myron Floren; the Keith Emerson of the accordion!

#1884 3 years ago

Exactly! Bobby and Sissy. Real class and grace.

#1885 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Exactly! Bobby and Sissy. Real class and grace.

Don’t forget the Lennon Sisters.

#1886 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Could be surprised my wife tourney fishes with me and she's great! We won over $4K last season in the carp and cat tourney's.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you use Catfish Charlie’s stink bait to catch those catfish?

#1887 3 years ago

Damn...its the night before Canada Day and im watching Lawrence Welk on You Tube.

#1888 3 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Here recently I've had my first cold one before noon on some days -- weekends when I'm not on call for work that is.

Dont know Why but im obsessed with that little shed. Does it require maintnance and Why is it not repaired?

#1889 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Did you use Catfish Charlie’s stink bait to catch those catfish?

Lol no Charlie tuna used. I use a bird seed mix or doritoes and hamburger.

#1890 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Considered classy in my world. ..wait a minute ..Mabey I'm just a red neck.

Lol me too!

#1891 3 years ago

It's Howdy Doody time!

#1892 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Dont know Why but im obsessed with that little shed. Does it require maintnance and Why is it not repaired?

I will have to either dig up or take a couple more pictures for you.

Several factors go into why it remains in its current state -- in no random order several reasons include:

1. I've slowly been fixing up the house, barn, etc. around the farmstead (priorities) -- hopefully my garage is next with room to fit a couple pins in.

2. A very large maple tree is grown along side/into the building itself. It has slowly shifted the building enough that the small door leading into it is difficult (if not near impossible) to open.

3. The building has a vintage look/patina to it that is somewhat charming -- kind of a reminder of times past. I'm a sucker for that sort of stuff.

When I post the pics we will see what you think.

#1893 3 years ago

Tree growing into the poor thing? Please say it's not so. Pics please

#1894 3 years ago

When you final realize that you died of old age in your sleep 10 years ago and didn't know you died, and have been going to work everyday ever since.

i-see-dead-people (resized).jpgi-see-dead-people (resized).jpg
    #1895 3 years ago

First time someone 20-25yrs old told you something and it seemed to actually make sense.

#1896 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

When you final realize that you died of old age in your sleep 10 years ago and didn't know you died, and have been going to work everyday ever since.

If you died and went to hell, how long would it take you to realize you were not still at work?

#1897 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

First time someone 20-25yrs old told you something and it seemed to actually make sense.

Hahaha!!!!

#1898 3 years ago

Would knocking the shed down be a violation of the historic bldg act? Yeah I'm thinking of that. Is there a number I can call?

#1899 3 years ago

The whole getting old thing is really sucking now. I have had a lot of fun here trying to be entertaining, and I hope to be able to again soon.

My Mom is going downhill fast. 2 years ago she loved coming in here and playing pinball. 18 months ago the pins hurt her eyes and she never would play again.

Just maybe 8 weeks ago I got a ping pong table, Mom loved it, would wear your ass out, wanted to play more when my knees were saying hell no.

2 weeks ago, while my gf was out of town I thought Mom was going to be wearing me out with ping pong. Never happened, she has went downhill very fast.

I swear just looking at my Mom and the way she acts she has aged 10 years in about 6 months. At the same time I almost feel like I have aged 50 years in 6 months.

I really hope this is all just because she is sad a younger sister of hers just passed, and nothing really wrong with Mom.

Mom has always been awesome, anytime I said I was thinking about something she always said go for it. Any tiny favor I ever did for her she thanked me.

It just really sucks how I have been having more and more aches and pains, and then seeing how much Mom has gone downhill in a very short time.

This getting old stuff just sucks at the moment...sorry for the rant.

#1900 3 years ago

No need to apologize.
    Just reality.

There are 7,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.