Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,619 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by bob_e
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN9010 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20240424_173431.jpg
    438712280_7241935899188350_8066440579298486095_n (resized).jpg
    MV5BMWE3ZThjM2UtMTg2NS00NjY3LTk5ZGEtMTdlYmY3OGE2ZmZlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif
    There are 7,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 153.
    #1801 3 years ago

and to think I was just staring out my hotel room bored to tears.

#1802 3 years ago

Liquid slide , pizza, movie

#1803 3 years ago

When you start thinking about joining the bird watchers society.

#1804 3 years ago

When everyone you meet calls your "sir".

I hate that crap. makes me feel old...…….and...….it has been going on for over 30 years because my damn hair went gray when I was still young.

For at least 30 years I have been telling people I am not a sir, just call me "hey man".

I can never remember names myself, and just call everyone "hey man".

The only time I ever use the word "sir", is when I meet the daddy of the lady I am dating, or I am pulled over and trying to be nice to get out of a speeding ticket.

I guess in the UK "sir" is a honor, but for me it just makes me feel old.

#1805 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

When everyone you meet calls your "sir".
    For at least 30 years I have been telling people I am not a sir, just call me "hey man".

Will do sir.

QSS

#1806 3 years ago

Went to a barn sales last week and picked a cool retro game pictured above. In the attic was this gem I found and brought home today Can’t wait to restore. Seems no one noticed an attic but I did. Best barn finds for me.
    Absolutely thrilled when I uncovered it. Have the original wood legs.

63CBF91E-31FF-46E3-8B0B-7323DA2B0089 (resized).jpeg63CBF91E-31FF-46E3-8B0B-7323DA2B0089 (resized).jpeg695EA55C-A506-4D2C-A297-F805C4A4A524 (resized).jpeg695EA55C-A506-4D2C-A297-F805C4A4A524 (resized).jpeg
    #1807 3 years ago

Shout out to Buddy Nick another rebel pinballer, great time goofing around at my place today buddy . Join pinside .

#1808 3 years ago

I don't really mind being called sir.
    My wife hates it when they say "ma'am" to her. What I really hate is being called "you guys" by these dippy waitpersons.

#1809 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

What I really hate is being called "you guys" by these dippy waitpersons.

I'll take "you guys" all day long. But I do get tired of hearing that everything is " Awesome!". But I temper my impatience at "awesome" because when I was a teenager everything was "Far Out !" or "Bitchin' ".

When they call my Mr. Day I respond with " My father was Mr. Day and he has been dead for 30 years. I'm Craig. "

#1810 3 years ago

Awesome !

That's far out and bitchin dude !

LTG : )

#1811 3 years ago

My daughter (17) has developed the unfortunate habit of calling me "dude" (along with everyone else) and somehow it bothers me coming from her.

I usually say, in my best Ajax Duckman voice, "I'm not dude, I'm Dod!" Of course, she's too young to get the reference, but I don't care, because I'm old.

Speaking of which, I've been meaning to post in this thread: you know you are old when, two weeks later, you are still excited about the good deal you got on a refrigerator.

#1812 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

two weeks later, you are still excited about the good deal you got on a refrigerator.

If I call you on the phone, will we be having a 20 minute conversation about your new fridge.

#1813 3 years ago

I hate that crap. makes me feel old...…….

Sir, you are old...

Me too....no offense.

Yeah, bitchin', far out, and boss.

Cigarettes didn't have any warnings on the packs.

We smoked cigarettes.

Marijuana was illegal.

I forget what else I wanted to say.

#1814 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

But I do get tired of hearing that everything is " Awesome!". But I temper my impatience at "awesome" because when I was a teenager everything was "Far Out !" or "Bitchin' ".

I also hate it when you're ordering, and they punctuate everything you ask for with "perfect" and "no problem". Why should it be a problem? It's on the damn menu!
    It's not like I'm ordering ostrich egg souffle with a drizzling of freshly rendered Mongolian yak fat!

#1815 3 years ago

My daughter (17) has developed the unfortunate habit of calling me "dude" (along with everyone else) and somehow it bothers me coming from her.
    I usually say, in my best Ajax Duckman voice, "I'm not dude, I'm Dod!" Of course, she's too young to get the reference, but I don't care, because I'm old.
    Speaking of which, I've been meaning to post in this thread: you know you are old when, two weeks later, you are still excited about the good deal you got on a refrigerator.

My kid called me "dude"..... once!

#1816 3 years ago

When you’re looking for an old car, cuz you’re approaching the ‘mid life crisis’ and think to yourself why not..u live just once. And tell your daughter that 1 day, this could be yours...

#1817 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I also hate it when you're ordering, and they punctuate everything you ask for with "perfect" and "no problem". Why should it be a problem? It's on the damn menu!
    It's not like I'm ordering ostrich egg souffle with a drizzling of freshly rendered Mongolian yak fat!

Mmm... Love me some Mongolian yak fat!

#1818 3 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

Taste like chicken errrr..yogurt...

#1819 3 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

If you whip it up and add sugar it becomes the
    creamy filling in your cupcake!

#1820 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Sir, you are old...
    Me too....no offense.
    Yeah, bitchin', far out, and boss.
    Cigarettes didn't have any warnings on the packs.
    We smoked cigarettes.
    Marijuana was illegal.
    I forget what else I wanted to say.

Cigarettes were great back when I was a kid. I’m talking elementary, junior high. Smoking them was bad but soo fun. No regrets.

#1821 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Cigarettes were great back when I was a kid. I’m talking elementary, junior high. Smoking them was bad but soo fun. No regrets.

Yep, me too. Gave them up decades ago. I remember when they were 25 cents a pack in the vending machines!

#1822 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Yep, me too. Gave them up decades ago. I remember when they were 25 cents a pack in the vending machines!

Cigarette commercials on TV too..

#1823 3 years ago

Cold turkey 1995. You could get a pack for 50 cents in the cigarette machine at the local donut shop (Mr Donut) circa 1973. Or, steal a pack from your old man! The good ‘ole days.

#1824 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

If I call you on the phone, will we be having a 20 minute conversation about your new fridge.

On a land line, naturally!

#1825 3 years ago

Ha! My phones still have dials on them!

#1826 3 years ago

Party lines.

#1827 3 years ago

My kids (19 and 20) call me and their mother, BRO. WTF?

#1828 3 years ago

The cornhole thread reminded me of the days of Jarts. Ahhh, nothing says summer fun like throwing a missile at a family member!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #1829 3 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

The cornhole thread reminded me of the days of Jarts

I have a set of those I bought about 6yrs ago at a flea market. My brothers and sisters and I played them a lot as kids and I always bring them out when we gather for cookouts etc..

#1830 3 years ago

Jarts. One of the earliest examples of idiots ruining things for everyone else.

#1831 3 years ago

Yeah, if only they weren't so deadly efficient at piercing skulls.

Hey, I know! Bring them back but require everyone to wear helmets whenever they are enjoying the outdoors, maybe?

#1832 3 years ago

require everyone to wear helmets whenever they are enjoying the outdoors,

Like bike riding.

#1833 3 years ago

That's another one, I ride my bike on and off, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna ride around with one of those idiotic helmets on.

They're fine for kids likely to do things like shooting out from between parked cars or other such dangerous acts borne of inexperience or carelessness, but it's unnecessary for my own wary noggin.

#1834 3 years ago

You Know You Are Old When...

Chest pains.

I am stating personal experiences with this.

About 20 years ago, my Mom (she is still alive and well) went to the ER for chest pains. After all that expensive stuff hospitals love to do it was determined she had pulled a muscle in her chest. (luckily she was still working and had great insurance).

Also about 20 years ago a good friend went to the ER with chest pains. After 80k out of his pocket it was determined that he had indigestion. (he did not have great insurance).

Me: sometimes I have chest pains, sometimes I feel like oh shit, I think I may be about to die.

BUT, so far, after knowing how my Mom, and my friend felt, I can kind of tell if I need some Tums, or to roll some "stop pain" on my chest.

So far this has worked awesome for me, and I have not been to the ER.

Tums nor a menthol or whatever muscle pain treatment will do a damn thing for a real heart attack. So I know so far I am fine, and have not been to the ER yet.

And sorry to rant, but I really hope this post will not only save someone a costly ER bill from something minor, but also help someone to realize that no way this is a pulled muscle or heartburn, and get to a ER ASAP!

We are all getting older.

When you do not feel good, stop what you are doing, relax, and decide what you really need at the moment to help you.

(earlier today I had a combo, pulled chest muscle and indigestion and I was close to ER, but as far as I know, Tums and Stop Pain does not cure chest pains, and that combo kept me out of the ER).

Luckily I do currently have decent insurance, and not afraid of the bills if I do have to go to the ER. But at the same time if a 2 dollar over the counter whatever takes my pain away, I am helping others keep their insurance costs lower also.

And I guess you know you are old when most people just type one sentence anymore, while you are compelled to go more into details and write a short story.

#1835 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

My kids (19 and 20) call me and their mother, BRO. WTF?

Smack, thats the sound of a back hand.

#1836 3 years ago

If you have opened this thread.

#1837 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

If you have opened this thread.

And you don't remember why.

LTG : )

#1838 3 years ago

Me: sometimes I have chest pains, sometimes I feel like oh shit, I think I may be about to die.

I'm not a hypochondriac, but I will admit to being at the point of paying more attention to different pains, signs, and symptoms I experience because I know there could be something more serious associated with them. Before 40 I never would have given a second thought to pain in my left arm or abdomen, an intermittent cough, nose bleed, etc.

Now I pay a little more attention to those things. . . just in case.

#1839 3 years ago

You know what's crazy? You keep thinking that your chest pains could be the end but they are not. Yet, one day those chest pains are gonna be the real deal, you're gonna know it and a few minutes later that's gonna be it. You'll be dead and it's gonna suck . It's not gonna suck for you, cause your gonna be dead, but it's gonna suck for your wife/family/friends. They love you and they are gonna miss you.

Try not to worry about it, "nobody gets out alive". We're all gonna die. Just try and enjoy the ride, cause it's a damn fun ride.

QSS

#1840 3 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

It's not gonna suck for you, cause your gonna be dead, but it's gonna suck for your wife/family/friends. They love you and they are gonna miss you.

They all might be gone on before you go. You could be the last one standing.

#1841 3 years ago

I live in Wisconsin, and I refuse to (seriously) consider myself old until I can no longer handle dealing with snow in my driveway using nothing but a shovel.

(But when the neighbor with a front end loader wants to help out after a heavy snow, I don't complain! )

I also ditched my smelly riding lawnmower (too much work steering around all these trees) and bought a EGO POWER+ cordless electric self-propelled walk-behind mower. Man, I love this thing! Can't say enough good about it.

Lightweight, easy to maneuver.

Charge lasts an hour at full power (a bit less if grass is extra long or you overuse the propulsion) and recharges in under an hour.

No gas or oil (obviously), almost no maintenance. Flip it over anytime you like, nothing to leak. No gas station runs.

So quiet! Can even mow at night, it's less noisy than a weed whacker. Even has a headlight, the low angle of which really helps you see where you've already mowed (as opposed to the one high up on a riding mower).

Same battery can be used on their other tools. Thinking about a chain saw (speaking of trees...)

The recharging station is bad ass, looks like something out of Star Trek.

Unexpected bonus: I swear, the absence of gas fumes and combustion exhaust actually seems to ameliorate my allergies, they're nowhere near as bad without the added irritants from a gas engine.

And I'd much rather get some exercise by mostly just walking than by cranking that riding mower's steering wheel around constantly, much easier on the ol' shoulders.

Anyway, I guess you know you are "old" when you give an unpaid, unsolicited testimonial for a damn lawn mower because you love it that much.

#1842 3 years ago

I live in Wisconsin, and I refuse to (seriously) consider myself old until I can no longer handle dealing with snow in my driveway using nothing but a shovel.
    (But when the neighbor with a front end loader wants to help out after a heavy snow, I don't complain! )
    I also ditched my smelly riding lawnmower (too much work steering around all these trees) and bought a EGO POWER+ cordless electric self-propelled walk-behind mower. Man, I love this thing! Can't say enough good about it.
    Lightweight, easy to maneuver.
    Charge lasts an hour at full power (a bit less if grass is extra long or you overuse the propulsion) and recharges in under an hour.
    No gas or oil (obviously), almost no maintenance. Flip it over anytime you like, nothing to leak. No gas station runs.
    So quiet! Can even mow at night, it's less noisy than a weed whacker. Even has a headlight, the low angle of which really helps you see where you've already mowed (as opposed to the one high up on a riding mower).
    Same battery can be used on their other tools. Thinking about a chain saw (speaking of trees...)
    The recharging station is bad ass, looks like something out of Star Trek.
    Unexpected bonus: I swear, the absence of gas fumes and combustion exhaust actually seems to ameliorate my allergies, they're nowhere near as bad without the added irritants from a gas engine.
    And I'd much rather get some exercise by mostly just walking than by cranking that riding mower's steeering wheel around constantly, much easier on the ol' shoulders.
    Anyway, I guess you know you are "old" when you give an unpaid, unsolicited testimonial for a damn lawn mower because you love it that much.

I also love my EGO mower. I was afraid at first that it would not have enough power to mulch leaves but it works just as well as my old Honda gas mower. I've had it for three years now and I will never go back to gas mowers.
    I also have a 54 volt EGO leaf blower and it is as powerful as a gas blower.

#1843 3 years ago

EGO Mower, weed eater and leaf blower. Absolutely, fantastic!

#1844 3 years ago

Lawn mowers are one of the other "toys" we get to play with when we are older. My yard is too big for battery power so I get to use this:

Doc's Mower (resized).pngDoc's Mower (resized).png

I'd be happy to talk Steiner Lawn/Turf products with anyone that is interested. . .

#1845 3 years ago

What a sexy beast..nice 4 wheel drive, huge tires..how wide is the cutting deck on that bad boy

#1846 3 years ago

Bonus points for using "ameliorate" LOL

#1847 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

how wide is the cutting deck on that bad boy

You can mount up a 48, 60, or 72" deck. . . plus a number of other attachments.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #1848 3 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

You can mount up a 48, 60, or 72" deck. . . plus a number of other attachments. [quoted image]

Looks like "Battlebots"!

#1849 3 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Lawn mowers are one of the other "toys" we get to play with when we are older. My yard is too big for battery power so I get to use this:
    [quoted image]
    I'd be happy to talk Steiner Lawn/Turf products with anyone that is interested. . .

Nothing runs like a deere

#1850 3 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

[quoted image]

What’s that little shed in the background? Looks like it needs maintenance. Looks like an ideal spot for murder Hornets.

There are 7,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-/page/37?hl=hayfarmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.