Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,611 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    chip can (resized).jpg
    IMG_4874 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-07-13-43-03-50_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    There are 7,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 153.
    #1601 3 years ago

When people refer to certain pinball machines as "retro games" and you consider them just "games"

#1602 3 years ago

A roll of caps you put in a toy cap gun. Pop them off as fast as you could squeeze the trigger. My fast draw was not to be trifled with, I had practiced and was sure even Jimmy Ringo wanted none of me.

#1603 3 years ago

...you have grandparents who were born in the 1890s. Both my mom's parents were "pre-1900"...I'm the oldest one left in my family...only 63, but feel 83...LOL wasn't supposed to be that way!

#1604 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

.you have grandparents who were born in the 1890s.

I had grandparents pooping out kids in the 1890's.

LTG : )

#1605 3 years ago

My aunt Minnie lives with my brother down the road and she will be 106 next month and going strong. She is one of 13 brothers and sisters and the only one left.

#1606 3 years ago

Years ago, I used to play a particular baseball
    board game. It had all kinds of charts, a deck
    of gameplay result cards and every player from
    every mlb team had his own game card.
    I described it to my son and he said he would love to see it and give it a go.
    I told him we could play it but I would have to dig it out.
    Finally did dig it out. Together with my son
    we started taking it all out of the box to set everything up and he burst out:
    "It's like finding ANCIENT ARTIFACTS!!!"

I have forgotten many things.
    Have never forgotten this.

#1607 3 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

Reminded me of when I was about 3 or 4 years old. Trying to explain a dinosaur I saw on TV to my Mother. I wasn't getting through to her and I finally said "you know, those animals they had when you were a kid".

Yup, that really lifted my mother's spirits that day.

LTG : )

#1608 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

A roll of caps you put in a toy cap gun. Pop them off as fast as you could squeeze the trigger. My fast draw was not to be trifled with, I had practiced and was sure even Jimmy Ringo wanted none of me.

Are you sure you are not slipping a little bit in your advanced age? I always thought is was Johnny Ringo

#1609 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

...you have grandparents who were born in the 1890s. Both my mom's parents were "pre-1900"...I'm the oldest one left in my family...only 63, but feel 83...LOL wasn't supposed to be that way!

I'm sorry. I'm 68. I don't know how 68 is supposed to feel, but I feel good. Real good.

#1610 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm sorry. I'm 68. I don't know how 68 is supposed to feel, but I feel good. Real good.

Consider yourself lucky, or genetically blessed! I keep my spirits up with pinball and guitars, and I've been able to make major adaptations, so I mostly enjoy life...I do envy those who have aged painlessly. You learn to play with the cards you're dealt.

#1611 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I always thought is was Johnny Ringo

Johnny if you're looking for Doc's huckleberry. I'm talking Gregory Peck in "The Gunfighter" and the original Ringo.

Quoted from cottonm4:

Quoted from DCP:

Consider yourself lucky, or genetically blessed! I keep my spirits up with pinball and guitars, and I've been able to make major adaptations, so I mostly enjoy life...I do envy those who have aged painlessly. You learn to play with the cards you're dealt.

Aside from some mild breathing issues I feel pretty damn good at 64 but you know the body turns on a dime, so I'm just trying to enjoy what's left of my years.

#1612 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

When roll caps were King.

And you would take a whole roll and smash it with a rock. Early pyrotechnics engineer.

#1613 3 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

And you would take a whole roll and smash it with a rock. Early pyrotechnics engineer.

Hell yes! We used Dad's ballpeen hammer and just like firecrackers are better by the pack so too caps smashed by the roll!

#1614 3 years ago

When your doctor says yes that was loud, but I said I wanted to listen to your heart.

#1615 3 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

Years ago, I used to play a particular baseball
    board game. It had all kinds of charts, a deck
    of gameplay result cards and every player from
    every mlb team had his own game card.
    I described it to my son and he said he would love to see it and give it a go.
    I told him we could play it but I would have to dig it out.
    Finally did dig it out. Together with my son

Was that APBA Baseball? They still make it and I have a set from a couple years ago.

#1616 3 years ago

I am familiar with that one but it was
    Status Pro Baseball by Avalon Hill,
    1984 edition.

#1617 3 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

I am familiar with that one but it was
    Status Pro Baseball by Avalon Hill,
    1984 edition.

Anybody remember "Strat-O-Matic"? We played that for entire summers...

#1618 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaMoib:

Anybody remember "Strat-O-Matic"? We played that for entire summers...

That's the one I thought was originally being talked about.

#1619 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Hell yes! We used Dad's ballpeen hammer and just like firecrackers are better by the pack so too caps smashed by the roll!

Am I the only person who stomped on full rolls of caps? It would blow your leg a few inches off of the floor.

#1620 3 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Am I the only person who stomped on full rolls of caps?

Hell no, used to get our shoes on that had taps on the heels and stomp the hell out of them.

#1621 3 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Am I the only person who stomped on full rolls of caps? It would blow your leg a few inches off of the floor.

Jeez, I remember crushing 'em with a hammer.

#1622 3 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Is this the reason my knees hurt nowadays.

#1623 3 years ago

When I was young, the made up word "shart" was just funny. I could let one rip and friends would laugh and say that was a good one, and I would joke and say yeah, but I may have just sharted.

Now that I am older, a shart is no laughing matter, it is very serious.

30 years ago, friends 30 years older than me told me when you get older, there are some things in life you can not trust, and a fart is one of them.

Getting old for most = knee pains, hair leaving the top of our head and instead starting to grow weird places like ears, and sharts.

I have no regrets, the 80's were awesome! The 70's were great also, but damn I was right there the day MTV came on the air playing awesome music videos, and all the other cool stuff happening.

And later when MTV was no longer playing music videos and doing stupid shows instead, for a while there was VH1, and I loved their Behind The Music shows, until they all went rap and crap new bands I did not care for.

I am just so glad we have YouTube now, and funny how some song I liked in the 80's that I will click on has maybe 1200 likes. And some current song I kind of like has 45 million likes.

The 80's was the best decade ever!

1 week later
    #1624 3 years ago

When your 20 something neighbor says it is cool you have "old vintage" EM that's 3 years younger than yourself

#1625 3 years ago

They recently reported on the news that 57 is the start of old age. FAKE NEWS!!!!!

#1626 3 years ago

When Art Linkletter, Mrs. Olsen, Mr. Whipple, and Madge are names you remember.

#1627 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Wow cotton, you are old.

#1628 3 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

Wow cotton, you are old.

Sounds like you know who I am talking about

#1629 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I remember all of them and how about this? You know you are old when you dont care about Corona or the Murder Hornets.

#1630 3 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

You know you are old when you dont care about Corona or the Murder Hornets.

What about Corona Hornets?

#1631 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Sounds like you know who I am talking about

HA!
    Precisely.

#1632 3 years ago

I realized the other day as I was cutting the grass/edging/weed whipping/sweeping/tree trimming that I may prefer winter over summer....snow blowing a couple times a year ain't so bad....

#1633 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

What about Corona Hornets?

Now that scares me.

#1634 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I realized the other day as I was cutting the grass/edging/weed whipping/sweeping/tree trimming that I may prefer winter over summer....snow blowing a couple times a year ain't so bad....

My opinion about shoveling snow ( you would have to have watched Thelma and Louise )

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 2.27.08 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-05-07 at 2.27.08 PM (resized).png

#1635 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Do what I did, move to a townhouse, they take care of all that shit!!

#1636 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I'll be doing that when we finally downsize - we just moved 5 years ago and created the game room we always wanted, I'm not moving all these bastards again lol

#1637 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

They take care of all of that because you pay them. If you live in a house you could have somebody do that also.

#1638 3 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

They take care of all of that because you pay them. If you live in a house you could have somebody do that also.

Well worth it!! HOA handles it all, it's called downsizing.

#1639 3 years ago

You are old if you remember singing along with this opus when the D.J.s put it up for a spin.

You will feel your years if you tell someone you used to really like Motown sounds and the reply you hear is "Mo what"?

#1640 3 years ago

Well... This could go in the Elvira's Haunted House topic, but its applicable her as well.

You know you're old when you are talking about your pinballs to your family and then one of your younger brothers(only younger by about 10 years) askes "Who is Elvira?"... C'mon MAN!!!!!!

I replied the hostest with the mostest. The Mistress of the night, the queen of the macabre...

And he was still like..> Yeah, who is she. So I said a goth woman with huge knockers.

I was born in 1984 and I mean... To me, she was everywhere when I was younger. She even had a few amusement park rides, and I really enjoyed riding them. Most Halloween's she is everywhere.

Ohhh well. The ignorance of youth knows no bounds.

#1641 3 years ago

...you watch a morning, afternoon or late night talk show and you haven't the damnedest idea who the hell 98% of the guests are or why the host(s) are famous enough to have their own show. Same with any and all of the celebrities that they gossip about on TMZ.

#1642 3 years ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

you watch a morning, afternoon or late night talk show and you haven't the damnedest idea who the hell 98% of the guests are or why the host(s) are famous enough to have their own show.

Most of the "celebrities" that I recognize are now doing commercials for reverse mortgages, pain relief remedies, and life insurance!

#1643 3 years ago

I am glad I grew up when I did. There were real stars/celebrites in the world like Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Frank Sinatra, (not so much the rest of the Rat Pack for me), Phillis Diller, Elvis, George Carlin, Rodney Dangerfield, Tony Bennett, Buddy Hackett and so many more. I had the pleasure of actually seeing all of them but Elvis perform on various trips to Las Vegas back in the day. Nowadays, there are no celebrities of similar caliber out there. But there's still hope: maybe Vegas can recapture its former glory by adding a Cirque du Soleil show at one of the hotels.

#1644 3 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Most of the "celebrities" that I recognize are now doing commercials for reverse mortgages, pain relief remedies, and life insurance!

LMAO ! Don't forget that the "better" ones are doing interviews with AARP magazine.

#1645 3 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Magnum, take my mortgage! I have Broadway Joe insurance, I'll be fine!

Don C.

#1646 3 years ago

You know you're old when anything that squirts out of the back of your sandwich, burger, or taco when you bite into it, first banks off of your belly before hitting the deck.

#1647 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

You know you're old when anything that squirts out of the back of your sandwich, burger, or taco when you bite into it, first banks off of your belly before hitting the deck.

That's not old. That's fat. I know. I'm both.

#1648 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

You are old if you remember singing along with this opus when the D.J.s put it up for a spin.

You will feel your years if you tell someone you used to really like Motown sounds and the reply you hear is "Mo what"?

"Surfin Bird" was a really rare record where I grew up in Greensboro. My Brother borrowed a copy from a DJ friend and had a copy cut through a Service at the radio station (WBIG), the record was really thick and had no b-side.
    Bet its been a long time since anyone had a record cut. Never heard the B-side either.

#1649 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Bet its been a long time since anyone had a record cut.

For me it was on the boardwalk in Wildwood NJ about 55 years ago.

#1650 3 years ago

I came into this world in 1950,and I can tell you all now,the world was a very different place back then!! Cigarettes danced on the commercials for shows like "Whats my line" and Pinballs were 5 balls for a nickel!! Coke was in a little green bottle,and Squirt had bits of pulp in them! You could go to the matinee on Sat.after cartoons for $.25 cents! Popcorn was 10 cents,Butter was another nickel! Also 10 cents for a small Coke! Fried chicken was delivered to your door by Chicken Delight! Gas stations were open all night and you could get your car worked on all night and it would be ready for you in the Morning!! You could get on a Bus with a $20.00dollar bill and get change! Queers didn't try to get you at Bars!!Nobody ever thought to shoot students at school!!The graduation % at High school was 98%! And then the 60's came around! And believe me,the summer of love in SF was actually in 1964!! Yes,I was there for all of this,and lots more!! I look at life now,and but for the technical advances,much of today really sucks for me! Be safe,have fun!!

There are 7,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-/page/33?hl=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.