Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,606 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    chip can (resized).jpg
    IMG_4874 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-07-13-43-03-50_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    There are 7,606 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 153.
    #1301 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

You order a meal in a restaurant and when it is placed in front of you your first inclination is to eat it rather than take a photo of it.

Oh, well done...

#1302 4 years ago

One of my patients had a good one, i´m not to sure it comes off well in translation, but i´ll give it a try....

You know that you are old, when you get shorter and shorter but it feels further and further down to the ground.

#1303 4 years ago

You know you're getting old when playing the Simpson's pinball party and hear grandpa's call out "back in my day we didn't have flippers" and then remember playing flipperless pins on route

#1304 4 years ago

Instead of looking longingly into the computer store window and begging your Dad to get you one for Christmas .....you now see it in a display case in museum !

Getting old sucks .....I miss the 80s and I miss my Dad

75610743_10156855658863691_7095852736876380160_o (resized).jpg75610743_10156855658863691_7095852736876380160_o (resized).jpg
    #1305 4 years ago

Same here. When a coworker got a new apple phone I said the last new apple I got was a IIe with double floppy drive

#1306 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ive:

Getting old sucks .....I miss the 80s and I miss my Dad [quoted image]

I hear you mate .

#1307 4 years ago

when you sit down to take a crap and your balls hit the water!

#1308 4 years ago

Working my way through this thread and finding it very funny. You know you are old if you remember ...

Milk was delivered to your front door every morning. It came in bottles that were placed in a metal box on your porch. Driver always wore a white jacket and he was called the milk man.

There were no disposable diapers. Used diapers were put in a pail, to be washed by mom and reused.

#1309 4 years ago

Do you remember when the Polaroid camera came out? Wow you are old, as the first commercial ones came out in 1948. But like many, I remember them having big surges in popularity during the 70’s. They used a new category of film named instant film, that included chemicals for developing the picture. 8 Sheets of film came in package for $6, and double packs carried 16. First marketing push was in 1971 when Walmart introduced a Polaroid model for $19.99 and new color film was introduced costing $4 for package. In the late 70’s a popup model of the camera was marketed and it was called a land camera (whatever that is).
    polaroid.jpgpolaroid.jpg

#1310 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

when you sit down to take a crap and your balls hit the water!

#1311 4 years ago

The other day at work I asked "Whet did we ever do before Google?"

To which my co-worker replied, "I don't know, you tell me".

The sad part is that she wasn't wrong

#1312 4 years ago

A while back my uncle told me you're old when there is more hair growing out of your ears and nose than on your head...

#1313 4 years ago

You know you're old
    when...
    ahh...
    umm...
    What was the question again?

#1314 4 years ago

When the turkey puts you to sleep by 6pm...and you realize you're not going to sleep all that.much earlier....

#1315 4 years ago

You know you're old when you remember you used to use a key to open your car

#1316 4 years ago

When an annual income of $10,000.00 was making real good money. And a house that cost $30,000.00 was a 4 bedroom high rent prime real estate.

#1317 4 years ago

You went to a gig* last night, had 1 beer, were back home by 11pm and had a cup of tea and caught up on the news before bed.

WTF has happened to me

*was a great gig too

#1318 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ive:

You went to a gig* last night, had 1 beer, were back home by 11pm and had a cup of tea and caught up on the news before bed.
    WTF has happened to me
    *was a great gig too

11pm? WTF are your talking about? How about 9pm? If a concert does not start by 5pm I ain't going

#1319 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

11pm? WTF are your talking about? How about 9pm? If a concert does not start by 5pm I ain't going

Exactly. It’s been years since I saw 11 pm.

On the other hand I get more done by 6 am than most people do in a day.

#1320 4 years ago

Mark Harmon plays Leroy Jethro Gibbs in NCIS.
    Gibbs TV has 2 channels, both play Westerns.
    Still uses a flip phone.
    Knows how to use a mimeograph machine to print mugshots when the power is out.
    Hates computers and uses his gun to shoot computers to stop terrorist attacks.
    Leaves his front door unlocked all the time.
    Drinks whiskey from an old fruit jar.
    Cooks in the fireplace of his living room.
    Hands out working Polaroid cameras to the Team when the system goes down.
    Carries a switchblade knife. Uses a 60's issue sniper rifle.

Great role model for Man of the Era (and beyond).

#1321 4 years ago

If you remember when blue jeans were not allowed in school. I always wore white, green or black Levi's.

#1322 4 years ago

I am looking forward to shopping for knee braces this afternoon.

#1323 4 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

On the other hand I get more done by 6 am than most people do in a day.

I have had new guys tell me this and they have a hard time getting to the park and ride on time.

#1324 4 years ago

Yesterday I was running errands and stopped in a Subway for lunch. I ordered the combo, took my cup over to the drink fountain, and honestly stood there for five minutes trying to figure out how to make a selection and get it out of the machine.

Everything seems to have big touch screens now -- this one had one giant screen with images of over a dozen different cups/flavors moving about. I could not seem to hit the flavor I wanted at the right spot or time and must have poked that screen a dozen times. I was very close to putting the cup back on the counter and taking a bottled beverage out of the cooler, but persistence paid off and my fruit punch was eventually dispensed.

I cannot imagine the electronics/touch screen is less costly than the standard manual style dispensers. . . but what do I know. I'll always relate better to the mechanical stuff -- one of the reasons I like pinball!

#1325 4 years ago

I must be getting old when the grey heart next to my avatar turns red and I don't even remember donating this year.

#1326 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I must be getting old when the grey heart next to my avatar turns red and I don't even remember donating this year.

Happens to the wife all the time. Packages show up on the doorstep from time to time. . . they are addressed to her but she claims no memory of ordering anthing!

I don't mention anything about her getting older when the topic comes up though.

#1327 4 years ago

When you try to find your reading glasses and you can't find them anywhere...but the whole time they were on your head

#1328 4 years ago
    Quoted from bayoubilly70:

When you try to find your reading glasses and you can't find them anywhere...but the whole time they were on your head

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
    #1329 4 years ago
    Quoted from bayoubilly70:

When you start buying them in the 3-pair value packs, so you can leave one in the car, one in the living room, one in the bedroom....
    because you can never remember where they are............

#1330 4 years ago

When you watch youtube videos of your favorite bands from the 60s and you find yourself thinking some of the hair cuts you thought were cool then now look like ass and the clothes you thought were cool at the time now look like something a clown would wear.

60s: Bell bottom trousers that engulfed your shoes. Puffed sleeved shirts. Surfer shirts.

70s: 4" wide neckties
    _____4" wide lapels
    polyester wrinkle-free suits...black with white thread and buttons. White with red thread and red buttons.

80s, 90s, 2000s: Not sure. My short term memory seems to be slipping a little bit.

#1331 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

80s, 90s, 2000s: Not sure. My short term memory seems to be slipping a little bit.

80s had to be the worst ever.

80s-neon (resized).jpg80s-neon (resized).jpg
    #1332 4 years ago

When you call a friend or relative who you haven’t spoken to in a while and the first thing they ask is: “Is everything okay with your health?” It’s happened to me twice in the last month.

#1333 4 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

“Is everything okay with your health?”

Is everything okay with your health ?

LTG : )

#1334 4 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

When you call a friend or relative who you haven’t spoken to in a while and the first thing they ask is: “Is everything okay with your health?”

They usually ask me if I have enough beer in the fridge. Or am I running low on Jack.

#1335 4 years ago

When most people you talk to never heard of the "Fonz."

happydays_3 (resized).jpghappydays_3 (resized).jpg
    #1336 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mercury:

When most people you talk to never heard of the "Fonz."[quoted image]

That is a crime. You know, when you look at that picture, its so hard to equate that person with the real one, Henry Winkler. He should get some kind of award for creating a convincing and believable persona (that persisted for years, until he jumped the shark) that is basically completely opposite of what he is like in real life. Its an amazing accomplishment.

#1337 4 years ago

When you actually catch yourself using your hand as a magnifying glass to read small print., when you have no other options available.

Just wrap your finger around and create a small circle. A small amount of light will then come through and focus in one area, giving you a clearer image.

hand (resized).jpghand (resized).jpg
    #1338 4 years ago

When they show a photo of Carol Channing on Jeopardy and none of the three contestants knows who she is.

#1339 4 years ago

You know you are gettig old, when you start teaching your first Granddaughter what Pinball is......This is her today, her first day!
    Miss Alex learned to watch the ball and try to grab it! 8 months old!

Alex and JP (resized).jpgAlex and JP (resized).jpg
    #1340 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

You know you are gettig old, when you start teaching your first Granddaughter what Pinball is......This is her today, her first day!
    Miss Alex learned to watch the ball and try to grab it! 8 months old!

Well done on introducing pinball to the next generation!

Your picture also makes me think I'm getting older if I remember seeing the FIRST Jurassic Park movie when it came out.

#1341 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

When they show a photo of Carol Channing on Jeopardy and none of the three contestants knows who she is.

...when you watch Jeopardy.

#1342 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

If you remember when blue jeans were not allowed in school. I always wore white, green or black Levi's.

Also your Mom, would not let you go to school with ripped pants or shirt.

#1343 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

When I thought your mom was a hot looking older lady........ she was like 38 years old.

QSS

#1344 4 years ago

When you have a lit cigarette in each hand.

#1345 4 years ago

When having time to take a afternoon nap is exciting as amusement parks and arcades were when you were very young.

And still shopping for knee braces, the last I picked up thinks it is supposed to be a damn ankle brace and will not stay in place.

At least the braces do seem to help and my back is a lot better. Damn if your knee messes up a tad you WILL start to feel a whole lot of back pain also.

But hell, we are all getting older, but at least we have better toys now. I will take a pinball over a big wheel or little red wagon anytime.

And personally for me, if the shit ever hits the fan and I need to sell pins to stay alive... I do miss a few board games I played as a kid, and they don't cost much. But I hope any of that is way down the road, at least 20 more years.

And this is a damn fun and funny topic, but seriously, I hope all of us never have to deal with much pain and bullshit and we all can keep enjoying pins and life for a very long time to come.

#1346 4 years ago

When you reply to a 'you know you are old when' thread with 'God, this is still going'.

#1347 4 years ago

Henry Winkler was a Yale graduate and a classically trained actor...It showed in his work.

#1348 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

...when you watch Jeopardy.

When you remember Art Fleming as the host and Don Pardo as the announcer on Jeopardy!

#1349 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Brings back memories of iron-on patches on my Lee jeans!!

#1350 4 years ago
    Quoted from SteveO:

When you remember Art Fleming as the host and Don Pardo as the announcer on Jeopardy!

I remember those cool cone shaped water cups each contestant had on his or her table.

If you remember when Chuck Woolery was the host of Wheel of Fortune.

There are 7,606 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-/page/27?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.