Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,469 posts
  • 443 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 8.21.48?PM (resized).png
    IMG_1593 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2061 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 8.43.57 AM (resized).jpg
    google (resized).jpg
    3oforH0q_1811141354531 (resized).jpg
    rain sing (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1710278609225 (resized).jpg
    Resized_20240306_152326 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2055 (resized).jpeg
    old (resized).jpg
    Bob-Lo-Island-from-above-scaled (resized).jpg
    IMG_0867 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0865 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpg
    shopping (resized).jpeg

There are 7,469 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 150.
    #1251 4 years ago

Riding in the back seat of my dad's Hudson Wasp, standing up and holding onto the cord that ran across the back of the front bench seat. Plenty of headroom to jump too. I wish I had that 1950 Hudson now.

2 weeks later
    #1252 4 years ago

When your favorite character is a Deathstroke and you wanna make his costume https://365questions.club/media/443.html

costume-guide-e1564234720220 (resized).jpgcostume-guide-e1564234720220 (resized).jpg
    #1253 4 years ago

You're laying with your lady and she points out your first gray hair.

Son of a bit...

#1254 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDoctor82:

Son of a bit...

Oh boy, I’m sorry to say it, but they will now be coming fast and furious. Just do what I did with my lady, and tell her that they have her name on them. She won’t bring it up again. It worked for me

#1255 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDoctor82:

Son of a bit...

Quoted from JayDee:

Oh boy, I’m sorry to say it, but they will now be coming fast and furious. Just do what I did with my lady, and tell her that they have her name on them. She won’t bring it up again. It worked for me

To be followed with bushes of hair growing out your nose and eye brow hairs 4” long.

#1256 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

To be followed with bushes of hair growing out your nose and eye brow hairs 4” long.

and ears.

#1257 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDoctor82:

Son of a bit...

It is better to have turncoats than deserters.

#1258 4 years ago

Your favorite '70s band, YES, now sings, "I get down..... I can't get back uuuuuu-up".

#1259 4 years ago

I fly medivac helicopters for a living. Landed at a hospital the other day to drop a patient off with my crew. One of the male nurses asked me why i got into flying helicopters. I told him because i loved the show Airwolf. He just looked at me with the deer in the headlights look and said, what’s airwolf.. ugh Im old..

#1260 4 years ago
    Quoted from tscottn:

I fly medivac helicopters for a living. Landed at a hospital the other day to drop a patient off with my crew. One of the male nurses asked me why i got into flying helicopters. I told him because i loved the show Airwolf. He just looked at me with the deer in the headlights look and said, what’s airwolf.. ugh Im old..

I had a remote control jet ranger that I painted like Santini Air.

#1261 4 years ago
    Quoted from tscottn:

You need to start adding these opening phrases to you conversations:

1) a number of years ago...

2) There used to be...

3) in my younger days...

4) this is probably before your time, but...

#1262 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

You need to start adding these opening phrases to you conversations:
    1) a number of years ago...
    2) There used to be...
    3) in my younger days...
    4) this is probably before your time, but...

You left out the classic...
    "Back in my day..."
    But then I suppose you have to be REALLY old for that one!

#1263 4 years ago

When I see a good looking girl and instead of saying I'd like some of that I find myself thinking if I were 30 years younger

#1264 4 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

You left out the classic...
    "Back in my day..."
    But then I suppose you have to be REALLY old for that one!

... & we liked it.

#1265 4 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

... & we liked it.

Yeah, and they don't make cars liked they used to. Used to be if the car was a convertible and the top got torn, then is was salvage yard curtains. 50,000 miles and you needed an engine overhaul. 60,000 miles and the transmission went out. In 3 years of being on the road the paint job was gone. And you were lucky the car was not a bucket of rust.

Yeah, they don't make them like they used to. I sure do miss buying a car with 36 monthly payments only to watch the car self-destruct after that last payment was made

#1266 4 years ago

I miss checkout lanes that are actually manned by people.

Had to go to Home Depot today for a section of outdoor carpet to build a dog ramp. (Dog pinched a disk in its back, its getting old too ). Had the carpet cut, they gave me my price ticket, and I headed for the checkout. There were about half a dozen lanes where you can scan and go, but I needed the person this time due to my custom purchase. Apparently about five other people were in the same situation so we all waited patiently at the one lane manned by a cashier while the auto checkouts were all empty.

Scan and gos are not all bad, I typically use the manned checkouts though as I know it keeps someone employed.

#1267 4 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Scan and gos are not all bad, I typically use the manned checkouts though as I know it keeps someone employed.

I only go to stores that have self checkout if I can not get the item I need anywhere else. And then I try to avoid the self checkout unless it is the only option at the time.

And you know you are getting old when you can remember when self checkout first started.

And you are old if you remember when a CEO of a company only made 50 times what the worker made.

Very sad that these days a lot of companies do not care much for their employees or customers, they only care about keeping investors happy.

#1268 4 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Went to a Rona (Canadian Big box hardware). During a week day, not on a weekend. They only had the self check out open. I looked around for a check out teller, walked back to the self check out area, and a store employee asked if I needed help. Told her, "If there are no tellers working I was just going to drop these 5 items on the counter and leave". She then grabbed my purchases, scanned them and asked for payment.

The local Walmart is installing 12 self check outs.

#1269 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Told her, "If there are no tellers working I was just going to drop these 5 items on the counter and leave"

I would do the same thing.

#1270 4 years ago

I remember watching Saturday morning cartoons... on a black & white TV

#1271 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Yeah, and they don't make cars liked they used to. Used to be if the car was a convertible and the top got torn, then is was salvage yard curtains. 50,000 miles and you needed an engine overhaul. 60,000 miles and the transmission went out. In 3 years of being on the road the paint job was gone. And you were lucky the car was not a bucket of rust.
    Yeah, they don't make them like they used to. I sure do miss buying a car with 36 monthly payments only to watch the car self-destruct after that last payment was made

Tell me about it. It was great!!
    We had an auto parts store & a machine shop in the heyday of crappy cars. -- the good old days $$$$

#1272 4 years ago

I like self-checkout, but my wife hates them.

#1273 4 years ago

You know you're old when all the women starring in "MILF" videos are younger than you.

#1274 4 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

You know you're old when all the women starring in "MILF" videos are younger than you.

Or your daughters...

#1275 4 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

At least the GILF's are still older, right!??

QSS

1 week later
    #1276 4 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

When of course there are no alternatives other than MILFs or GMILFs!

#1277 4 years ago

When you see this ribbon winning exhibit at the state fair.

One picture brings it all home. Ain't no denying what is true.

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 12.26.41 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-09-12 at 12.26.41 AM (resized).png

#1278 4 years ago

you have to sit down on the side of the bed in order to take your pants off.

#1279 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

you have to sit down on the side of the bed in order to take your pants off.

And/or put your socks on.

#1280 4 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

And/or put your socks on.

You put your socks on standing up?

#1281 4 years ago
    Quoted from joemagiera:

Sometimes. . . never thought much about it but I suppose I have good balance.

#1282 4 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Quoted from joemagiera:

Sometimes. . . never thought much about it but I suppose I have good balance.

I have always had good balance also. Only time I ever sit to put on socks is when knee pain is unbearable.

You know you are old when?... Fart dust?

1 week later
    #1283 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I still keep real maps in my car....I'm not sure what is scarier, that I have used them still or that there are generations that don't even know how to.
    Can you even still get free state maps at visitors centers etc?

They had all sorts of State, county and city maps at the visitors center in Joplin MO. on I-44 when I went there two years ago.

2 weeks later
    #1284 4 years ago

I just found out I'm no spring chicken anymore. Taking a shower even sober, I just slipped and ate shit in the tub. No slip surface, my ass. First time ever.

The damage from the nozzle that spared me the time I cracked my head, just paid me back in the left back of my ribcage. lol.

I'm fine. Just feeling old that I actually lost my footing.

#1285 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I just found out I'm no spring chicken anymore. Taking a shower even sober, I just slipped and ate shit in the tub. No slip surface, my ass. First time ever.

Sounds like it's time for one of these, o-din ...

Shower Chair (resized).jpegShower Chair (resized).jpeg
    #1286 4 years ago

Funny guy!

I suppose if my hair wasn't so long, I wouldn't be using that conditioner that caused the fall in the first place.

Reminds me of the time I was just about done stuccoing the last window of my house and came down the ladder and stepped on the hose nozzle that dropped me into a wheelbarrow full of stucco which proceeded to tip over and almost break my arm.

Same as today, at the time I was sure there was more damage than actually happened.

#1287 4 years ago

when new people at work could be your children

#1288 4 years ago

...or grandchildren too

#1289 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Reminds me of the time I was just about done stuccoing the last window of my house and came down the ladder and stepped on the hose nozzle that dropped me into a wheelbarrow full of stucco which proceeded to tip over and almost break my arm.

Sounds like a living game of “Mousetrap!”

#1290 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Sounds like a living game of “Mousetrap!”

For one glorious moment it was.

A wheel barrow full of stucco is kind of heavy. Drop my ass into it and it gets even heavier.

#1291 4 years ago

You know you are old when you actually look for maintenance that needs to be done to the house, and then do it yourself.

#1292 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I suppose if my hair wasn't so long, I wouldn't be using that conditioner that caused the fall in the first place.

Are you sure you did not slip on one of those scrubby poof things?

I remember back in simpler times when there was a bar of soap and the stuff in the bottle was to wash your hair.
    Now the shower shelves are full of all shapes/sizes/descriptions of bottles. . . I imagine part of that comes with having a spouse though.

#1293 4 years ago

Anyone else remember "soap on a rope"?

#1294 4 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

My fault for not buying more Comet when I ran out a couple weeks ago. The only thing I think about when going to the grocery store is food.

#1295 4 years ago

You know you are old when people your age are dying of natural causes.

#1296 4 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

I remember back in simpler times when there was a bar of soap and the stuff in the bottle was to wash your hair.
    Now the shower shelves are full of all shapes/sizes/descriptions of bottles. . . I imagine part of that comes with having a spouse though.

*Plastic* bottles now - remember when we had glass bottles in the shower?!? Although, honestly, I don't ever remember one getting broken...

#1297 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaMoib:

*Plastic* bottles now

Aluminum cans now. Years ago all beverage cans were steel or some alloy a magnet stuck to.

3 weeks later
    #1298 4 years ago

You might not be old yet, but you are getting older if you can remember those hand held pocket TVs Radio Shack use to sell. All of them complete with an antenna and a fuzzy screen when reception was poor.

And nowadays, it is YouTube on an iPhone with very clear pictures.

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 7.09.22 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-11-09 at 7.09.22 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 7.10.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-11-09 at 7.10.04 PM (resized).png

#1299 4 years ago

When you’re in a store and halfway through a conversation with a man about his little kid, after you mention that you just became a grandfather this year, he starts calling you “sir.” (posting for a friend )

2 weeks later
    #1300 4 years ago

You order a meal in a restaurant and when it is placed in front of you your first inclination is to eat it rather than take a photo of it.

There are 7,469 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.