6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 1,121 posts
  • 198 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by dhutton
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 187 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
    laughing-cartoon-you-want-it-when (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    geezer (resized).jpg
    Essick-Air-Window-Evaporative-Cooler (resized).jpg
    1949_Hudson_Commodore_8_four-door_with_Kool_Air_at_2015_Macungie_show_3of4 (resized).jpg
    img20190209_18292928 (resized).jpg
    157801201_ohio-blue-tip-matchbox-1955-riverboat-in-match-holders (resized).jpg
    punch (resized).jpg
    squirrel 4 (resized).jpg
    squirrel 3 (resized).jpg
    squirrel 2 (resized).jpg
    squirrel (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 1.45.34 PM (resized).png
    ruger (resized).jpg
    5J5A9001 (resized).JPG

There are 1121 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 23.
    #1051 32 days ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

When you ask for and receive a Bird Feeder and Feed for your birthday. I really enjoy seeing the all the different types of birds visiting the feeder. I will start naming them soon.
    And don’t worry I have the tube thingy connected to the pole the feeder is on to block those pesky squirrels.

When you read a post about bird feeders, click on a link about bird feeders, start reading about bird feeders and you begin to consider what bird feeder would best suit your needs, even though you never had the want or need for a bird feeder.

QSS

#1052 32 days ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

you mean this...funny.

The guy talking to and laughing at the squirrel “varments” in your video reminds me of this guy....

#1053 32 days ago

I keep seeing all of these pretty, young girls. And I find myself saying to myself, more and more often, "if I were 30 years younger"...

#1054 31 days ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelb:

When you read a post about bird feeders, click on a link about bird feeders, start reading about bird feeders and you begin to consider what bird feeder would best suit your needs, even though you never had the want or need for a bird feeder.
    QSS

... so what kind of feeder
    'ya gonna get?

#1055 31 days ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I keep seeing all of these pretty, young girls. And I find myself saying to myself, more and more often,

What a great baby sitter she'd make.

LTG : )

#1056 31 days ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

... so what kind of feeder
    'ya gonna get?

Either that one that sticks to the glass with the clear plexiglass, so I can look at all the little birds up close, or that one that chucks the squirrels off when they try and get at the bird seed. I live on the edge of the forest with a ton of squirrels around and I figure that would be a metric ton of free entertainment for me.

A "metric ton" of fun is about 2.8 times more fun than a "shit ton" of fun so when you weigh out the pros of receiving a metric ton of fun vs receiving a shit ton of fun,...... well it seams pretty obvious doesn't it?

QSS

#1057 28 days ago

Ah, Yes.

I too enjoy sitting in a comfy chair gazing out at my birdfeeder whilst holding a warm coffee on a crisp weekend morn. . .

I used to sit a small tray of feed out on the porch close to the door with a good view of visiting birds. I stopped this after a squirrel took advantage of the tray and the dog nearly knocked himself out running into the door.

5J5A9001 (resized).JPG

#1058 28 days ago

I can attest for the Squirrel Buster plus.. bought in 2009 and has been in direct Florida sunlight every day. Only had to have two parts replaced so far (the feed holder and perch cracked) and all you have to do is call them with your order number, where you bought it, date of purchase and they send you the parts for free, lifetime warranty.

Just have to make sure to leave 18 clearance on all sides. I think over the years I've only had a few double jointed or extremely long torso'd squiggles get to the food.

amazon.com link »

I've tried many seed blends, and this is my birds favorite so far: amazon.com link »

PS Have been enjoying reading this thread...

#1059 28 days ago
    Quoted from neemypeemy:

I can attest for the Squirrel Buster plus.. bought in 2009 and has been in direct Florida sunlight every day. .

My Squirrel buster plus works better than yours.....
    ruger (resized).jpg

This is how we dispatch those little bastards out here in Oregon.

#1060 28 days ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

[quoted image]

My mama always told me I was cute and cuddly.

Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 1.45.34 PM (resized).png

#1061 28 days ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

[quoted image]

Yeah but with the other they just walk away dizzy...
    and with yours they're...dead...

#1062 27 days ago

Yeah but look at all the arts and crafts you can do after they get plugged. Kinda like recycling don't ya think?
    QSS
    squirrel (resized).jpg

squirrel 2 (resized).jpgsquirrel 3 (resized).jpgsquirrel 4 (resized).jpg
    #1063 27 days ago

That last little guy kinda reminds me of me on a ruckus Friday night.

QSS

#1064 27 days ago

Great Hunting Joke.

Hunter goes out to the forest with his new hand gun. While waiting for a passing deer, a Grizzly spots the hunter. The Grizzly sneaks around behind the hunter, smacks the gun out of the hunters hand, then the bear has his way with the hunter. Next day the hunter returns to forest with his old trusty rifle, still trying to get a deer. The Grizzly spots the hunter again, the bear sneaks up on the hunter, smacks the rifle out of the hands of the hunter, and proceeds to have his way with the hunter. The 3rd day the Hunter has bought new camouflage and a flame thrower. The grizzly sneaks up on the hunter again, and before knocking down the hunter, the grizzly taps the hunter on the shoulder and asks, 'Ah Bud, I'm Guessing, You don't come out here just for the Hunting?'

#1065 27 days ago

...you have seen The Munsters on its first run...

#1066 27 days ago

You read on the news that the oldest person alive has died.

And you realize he was younger than you.

LTG : )

#1067 26 days ago

You look at old ticket stubs from 90’s concerts and see $25 face value.

#1068 26 days ago
    Quoted from Greenandwhite:

... Or you look at 1980's stubs & see $15~20 face value...

#1069 26 days ago

Quoted from dasvis:

... Or you look at 1980's stubs & see $15~20 face value...

or you think back to your 1st concert:
    Ted Nugent
    Cost $8

#1070 26 days ago

Early 70's concert tickets $5.00 some even cheaper for startup bands..

#1071 26 days ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

or you think back to your 1st concert:
    Ted Nugent
    Cost $8

Yeah. Cat Scratch Fever !

I saw the Eagles in 1977 for $7.00. I'm trying to remember what scalpers were charging back then. Something like $30-$40 a pop.

#1072 26 days ago

Ahhh...
    Concerts!
    Those were the days.
    Fellas I could go from A to Z
    with all the shows I've seen!
    In other words, Aerosmith to ZZ Top!!!

#1073 26 days ago

Most ticket prices for concerts in St. Louis in the late 60's to early 70's were $4.00, $5.00 and $6.00. My friends and I could only afford the cheap seats. That's how much difference a dollar or two would make at the time. I was then making a buck and a quarter an hour.

#1074 26 days ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Most ticket prices for concerts in St. Louis in the late 60's to early 70's were $4.00, $5.00 and $6.00. My friends and I could only afford the cheap seats. That's how much difference a dollar or two would make at the time. I was then making a buck and a quarter an hour.

I was stationed at a navel air station just west of Dallas from 1971-1975. A friend of mine, who was from the area was being discharged and had a job lined up in Dallas doing something with computers (maybe swapping tape reels ) and he said he was going to be getting paid " five bucks and hour". We were amazed.

#1075 26 days ago

I used to save newspaper reviews of concerts I went to. One clipping from about 1982 had an ad for Ozzy when he first went solo appearing at the Tower Theater in Upper Darby, PA. Ticket prices were $6.50 and $8.50.
    Time to fire up the Delorean.

#1076 26 days ago

You remember doing this

punch (resized).jpg
    #1077 26 days ago

You remember when this was quite a score for $5.00

157801201_ohio-blue-tip-matchbox-1955-riverboat-in-match-holders (resized).jpg

#1078 25 days ago

You know you are old when...your feet don't stink any more.

#1079 25 days ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

You know you are old when...your feet don't stink any more.

OH they stink,
    You just can't smell 'em!

#1080 25 days ago

Thinking back to what things cost --

Trying to remember how long it has been since items actually had price tags in stores vs. barcodes. 80s? 90s?

I know its been awhile.

#1081 25 days ago
    Quoted from dhutton:

I used to save newspaper reviews of concerts I went to. One clipping from about 1982 had an ad for Ozzy when he first went solo appearing at the Tower Theater in Upper Darby, PA. Ticket prices were $6.50 and $8.50.
    Time to fire up the Delorean.

You're in my neck of the woods, went to a lot of concerts at the Tower. David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust tour he played 7 nights there. Small theatre holding maybe 2500. That was in 1972 and the tower still does concerts!!

#1082 25 days ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Thinking back to what things cost --
    Trying to remember how long it has been since items actually had price tags in stores vs. barcodes. 80s? 90s?
    I know its been awhile.

You don't have to be that old to remember when a bag of cat food was 20 pounds weight instead of the 16 lbs. it is today.

You don't have to be that old to remember when a bag of potato chips weighed 16 oz. instead of 11 3/4.

You don't have to be that old to remember when a bag of Fritos weighed much more than the 9 1/4 oz. it weighs today.

And, yes, there a many missing price tags. They are hoping you don't notice.

In the last 10 years of ever shrinking packages (price stays the same) at least a quart of oil is still a quart. And a gallon of milk is still a gallon.

Grocery stores still use milk as loss leader while the prices of soda crackers get jacked from 99 cents/box to 1.29/box.

And I used to be able to change my own oil for $16.00 and now it is costing me $22.00.

#1083 25 days ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

You don't have to be that old to remember when a bag of cat food was 20 pounds weight instead of the 16 lbs. it is today.
    You don't have to be that old to remember when a bag of potato chips weighed 16 oz. instead of 11 3/4.
    You don't have to be that old to remember when a bag of Fritos weighed much more than the 9 1/4 oz. it weighs today.
    And, yes, there a many missing price tags. They are hoping you don't notice.
    In the last 10 years of ever shrinking packages (price stays the same) at least a quart of oil is still a quart. And a gallon of milk is still a gallon.
    Grocery stores still use milk as loss leader while the prices of soda crackers get jacked from 99 cents/box to 1.29/box.
    And I used to be able to change my own oil for $16.00 and now it is costing me $22.00.

32 oz Gatorade at store; gas station gatorade (that already costs 2-3 times as much) are sometimes 28 oz now.

Plastic bottle of pop from machines/at check out that is overpriced is frequently 20 oz.
    Cheaper 6 packs you buy at store are 16.9 oz.

Occasionally, cheap ass pop machine operators sneak the 16.9s in their machine. That pisses me off.

#1084 25 days ago

How about a 1/2 gallon of ice cream? Sorry, I mean a quart and a half.

#1085 25 days ago
    Quoted from Travish:

How about a 1/2 gallon of ice cream? Sorry, I mean a quart and a half.

Don't the packages say 3 Quarts ? That sounds so much bigger than 1 1/2

But now you take me back to around 1965-66 when Coca-Cola was advertising their half-quart size bottles. It sounded so much bigger than pint-sized.

#1086 24 days ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

My Student Government fees at school helped keep concert ticket prices low in the late 70's. I saw concerts like Blue Oyster Cult, Johnny Winter, Foreigner, Marshall Tucker, and Harry Chapin for $4.00 each. I stupidly passed on seeing Billy Joel back then. I paid around $100 to see Joel more recently.

#1087 24 days ago

....a 12 pack of Falstaff was $2.00.

#1088 24 days ago

You know you are old if you remember a time when The Boston Red Sox, and the NEW England Patriots couldn't win a championship.

#1089 24 days ago

You know you are old when...
    you have an itch, and,
    no matter where it is OR
    no matter where you are OR
    no matter who's around,
    you scratch it!

#1090 24 days ago
    Quoted from SteveO:

Johnny Winter

Not too many people talk Johnny Winter. I saw him in Ft. Worth in 1973.

There's a riot goin' on. Cell block #9.

2 weeks later
    #1091 7 days ago

If you had one of these in your car.

img20190209_18292928 (resized).jpg
    #1092 7 days ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

[quoted image]

My buddy put that in his 67 chevelle ss....so, mid 60's when I saw that

#1093 6 days ago

When you drove over railroad crossings, the springs in the reverb would shake and make all kinds of sci-fi noises.

#1094 6 days ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

[quoted image]

I had a mid-1960's Olds 98 convertible with one of those that was factory equipment.

#1095 5 days ago

You have no desire to watch the Grammys. From what I understand that makes me a bit lame as well even though I walk without a limp.

#1096 5 days ago

How many of you remember seeing a car driving down the highway with one of these swamp cooler window "air conditioners" sticking out the window?

1949_Hudson_Commodore_8_four-door_with_Kool_Air_at_2015_Macungie_show_3of4 (resized).jpg

Or you had one of these before you had a window air conditioner?

Essick-Air-Window-Evaporative-Cooler (resized).jpg

#1097 4 days ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

You have no desire to watch the Grammys. From what I understand that makes me a bit lame as well even though I walk without a limp.

Because you don't know who any of the performers are!!

#1098 4 days ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Because you don't know who any of the performers are!!

Or don't care who they are.

#1099 4 days ago

Gawd. There is a bunch of old farts hanging around here

#1100 4 days ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Gawd. There is a bunch of old farts hanging around here

uh-huh...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 8,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 6.95
    $ 7,199.95
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 25.00
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    € 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 144.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 1121 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside