3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 914 posts - Hot topic!
  • 182 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 minutes ago by TractorDoc
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 150 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bank2 (resized).jpg
    bankaball (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    url (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    19273_large (resized).jpg
    IMG_8189 (resized).JPG
    Fender (resized).jpg
    fullerton-museum-center (resized).jpg
    copym (resized).jpg
    museum (resized).jpg

There are 914 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 19.
    #801 14 days ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Can't let o-din's spin off thread get all the attention.

You know you are old when Oktoberfest's monkey doesn't even faze you.

#802 14 days ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

We used to have to take a road trip from home for Trick or Treating (houses around us were miles apart).
    Remember those plastic masks held on with the tiny rubberband that you could barely see out of?
    [quoted image]

Skeleton. On cold nites they would get moist on the inside from breathing. Damn I miss those!

#803 14 days ago

Haha , I was just thinking about those masks. Could not see shit. Just aim yourself in the general direction and hope for the best !

#804 13 days ago

Attending a meeting at work, and you are older than everyone in the room.
    Including your supervisor, and the company CEO.

#805 13 days ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Attending a meeting at work, and you are older than everyone in the room.
    Including your supervisor, and the company CEO.

Damn that's old. What are you, like, 42 or something ancient like that?

QSS

#806 13 days ago

I had to explain to one of my employees what dial up was for connecting to the internet.

#807 13 days ago
    Quoted from SteveO:

I had to explain to one of my employees what dial up was for connecting to the internet.

Oooooooh...at 1200 baud. And to think that was cutting edge at one time.

#808 13 days ago

You know you are getting older when you wish for the return of in-your-face banner ads and you could surf anonymously instead of dealing with targeted ads because they know who you are and where you are.

#809 13 days ago

im-pretty-sure-you-can-search-for-this-on-the-line (resized).jpg
    #810 10 days ago

Birthdays tend to bring less fanfare and a reminder that you are only getting older

#811 9 days ago

Any fart without a leak or a lump is a celebration. (Posting this for a friend.)

#812 9 days ago

Old man + beer and burrito & fart = wallpaper falling off walls.

#813 8 days ago

If you remember when oncoming headlights produced a soft, yellowish glow.

#814 8 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I loved the dual front headlights on my '70 Chevelle. Had one of those buttons on the floor to turn them on and off, complete with foot shaped pedal.

I have the new LED lights in my Wrangler -- they are bright enough that people flash their lights at me at the normal setting. I feel bad for their retinas when I flash back with my brites.

#815 7 days ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

I loved the dual front headlights on my '70 Chevelle.

My Buick with the dual round headlights are way brighter than the h7 bulbs in the little car. Those things are pathetic.

#816 7 days ago
    Quoted from Travish:

My Buick with the dual round headlights are way brighter than the h7 bulbs in the little car. Those things are pathetic.

I hate the plastic headlights. Dim bastards they are. Next car I buy I'm going to tell the salesman that I need to test drive it at midnight with no moon. If I can't see every blade of grass for a quarter mile it will be no sale.

#817 7 days ago

I remember when cars in the oncoming lane would flash their high beams if officer friendly was waiting with his radar gun.

#818 7 days ago

We still do that around here

#819 7 days ago
    Quoted from SteveO:

I remember when cars in the oncoming lane would flash their high beams if officer friendly was waiting with his radar gun.

I've tried (and will continue to do so) that approach but anymore people take it as something personal and flash their lights back at you. . .

#820 7 days ago

When you bring your 7 year old daughter to the playground, and people think you are her grandfather.

When you actually consider buying something to deal with facial wrinkles, because you are desperate to slow down the aging process.

You don't care about getting gray hair, you care more about the hair loss.

You go from being a young guy who wants an experienced older woman, to an old guy who wants an inexperienced younger woman.

You think back to when your parents sat down on a bench at the amusement park, and insisted that they were having a good time even though they were not going on any rides, and you get it now.

You are only 50, and the cashier at the store asks if you get a senior citizen discount.

You are hitting a few baseballs with your son and his friends, and they comment that, "Wow. The old man still has it.", and you are not surprised that they are surprised.

#821 7 days ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

When you bring your 7 year old daughter to the playground, and people think you are her grandfather.

Haha...This reminded me when I took my 24 year old daughter to a gun club....and they thought it was my wife..reversed.

guess I should post under "you know you are NOT old" thread. sry

#822 7 days ago

You think that dated technology Star Wars, looks 10 X better than modern technology Star Wars.

#823 7 days ago

You could use your teeth like pliers, and now the thought of eating a Mary Jane candy scares the hell out of you.

#824 7 days ago

You feel bad for the "Agony of defeat" Wide World of Sports skier guy, instead of thinking it was funny.

#825 7 days ago

You remember when video game controllers had only one button.

#826 7 days ago

You sit down at a concert.

#827 7 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

And there were only two of them.

#828 7 days ago

You look on Ebay to buy vintage toys you owned as a kid.

#829 7 days ago

You fondly recall the "Good old days" of the Immamaculate Baywatch for sale thread.

#830 7 days ago

You watched Magnum PI, Macgyver, Swat, and Hawaii 5 O when they were original TV shows.

#831 7 days ago

You remember having to call someone for a date.

#832 7 days ago

You used to navigate with a road atlas on a car trip.

#833 7 days ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

You remember having to call someone for a date.

And it was only 1.99 a minute!
    Ohh wait....

#834 7 days ago

I was talking about Cheech and Chong at work recently when a co-worker said "...who? Um, Is that a band?". I was shocked but figured if I showed her a picture of them that she would say "Oh, Ok, I know who those guys are". No such luck, after seein' a picture she said "Nope, never heard of 'em.... so they aren't a band?"
    ::Sigh::

#835 7 days ago
    Quoted from Dr_Smith:

I was talking about Cheech and Chong at work recently when a co-worker said "...who? Um, Is that a band?". I was shocked but figured if I showed her a picture of them that she would say "Oh, Ok, I know who those guys are". No such luck, after seein' a picture she said "Nope, never heard of 'em.... so they aren't a band?"
    ::Sigh::

Sure they are! I even have a couple of their LPs!

Ohh....and if you have to explain an LP as well ... then, dang yeah.

#836 7 days ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

You used to navigate with a road atlas on a car trip.

I still do. . . I have a fondness for maps.

I'm starting to understand why Gramps kept a magnifying glass nearby when reading the newspaper or looking at his coin collection. I'm avoiding readers. . . but the fine print needs to be held farther and farther away.

#837 7 days ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

I'm starting to understand why Gramps kept a magnifying glass nearby when reading the newspaper or looking at his coin collection. I'm avoiding readers. . . but the fine print needs to be held farther and farther away.

Use it much or not these days, I think it's weird to NOT have a real map in the glove box...of at least the state you live in...

#838 6 days ago

When the name "Tesla" is brought up in a conversation the first thing you think of is a person and not a car.

#839 6 days ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Use it much or not these days, I think it's weird to NOT have a real map in the glove box...of at least the state you live in...

My wife is a pain in the ass on a road trip until she gets a map. Its like giving a baby a pacifier, shuts her right up. She loves using them.

#840 6 days ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

My wife is a pain in the ass on a road trip until she gets a map. Its like giving a baby a pacifier, shuts her right up. She loves using them.

I remember multi state roadtrip vacations as a kid. Always remembered mom loving it when we stopped at a visitors center/rest stop that had good free maps for that state.

I swore we had stacks of different ones

#841 6 days ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

When you suddenly find your self out of cell range and Google Maps will not do anything. Now you are lost until you finally "find" a new cell. And that can be a few miles. That's when you really appreciate a map that unfolds.

#842 6 days ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I remember multi state roadtrip vacations as a kid. Always remembered mom loving it when we stopped at a visitors center/rest stop that had good free maps for that state.
    I swore we had stacks of different ones

I am guessing your memory is correct. Gas stations used to give them away. Any and every station had a wall of maps from several states to choose from.

"Free maps. Clean restrooms."

When I started my pin chasing a couple of years ago, I thought it would be wise to buy a AAA membership. I have stacks of AAA maps and free towing. It has been a good investment. One tow in paid for a year's membership.

#843 6 days ago

Remember when? If you have to ask, then you are not old enough.

NMAH-AHB2014q017199 (resized).jpg

#844 6 days ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I am guessing your memory is correct. Gas stations used to give them away. Any and every station had a wall of maps from several states to choose from.
    "Free maps. Clean restrooms."
    When I started my pin chasing a couple of years ago, I thought it would be wise to buy a AAA membership. I have stacks of AAA maps and free towing. It has been a good investment. One tow in paid for a year's membership.

They pumped the gas for you & checked your oil & cleaned your windshield!

#845 6 days ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Remember when? If you have to ask, then you are not old enough.
    [quoted image]

I don't remember seeing them but I have one in my gameroom.

The back of mine says "Whistle Squealing". The whole saying is Train approaching, whistle squealing, pause - avoid that, run down feeling, Burma Shave.
    Always thought it would be fun to find the rest of the set but seems unlikely.

BurmaShave (resized).jpg

#846 6 days ago

I remember when gas stations would give you a free glass with an 8 gallon fill up. I still have some of them.

#847 6 days ago

If you remember when Bruce Jenner won Olympic gold & was a guy.

#848 6 days ago
    Quoted from Pinballocks:

If you remember when Bruce Jenner won Olympic gold & was a guy.

As bad as this may sound I had a pair of Bruce Jenner sneakers when I was a kid.

#849 5 days ago

Remember when the Gas Station Attendant would come out to the car with one of those new-fangled credit card readers?

#850 5 days ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Remember when the Gas Station Attendant would come out to the car with one of those new-fangled credit card readers?
    [quoted image]

I remember using them when I was pumping gas. But it meant an extra trip back to the building to rake the card.

What I remember most is hearing, "A dollar's worth of regular".

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 115.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 40.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 239.00
    £ 37.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinbotz
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 126.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 16.95
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 269.00
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 914 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 19.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside