Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,612 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    chip can (resized).jpg
    IMG_4874 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-07-13-43-03-50_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    There are 7,612 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 153.
    #701 5 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

You are so hungry you stop at McDonald's order a Big Mac and think to yourself, ..this just isn't packaged like it used to.

I remember the younger brother/sister getting their happy meals in a plastic boat -- it was kind of a cool toy back in the day until they sunk in our farm pond. They have pictures on the web of everything. . . prices seem to have gone up though.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

When you don't know that Home Depot offers this for its customers today.

Home Depot helpers always seem to disappear when I have a question. I am now bold enough to open the box of the item I am looking at to read the directions/make sure it is what I want and more often than not that still does not draw them in. I am in the Depot often enough that several employees recognize me -- several even bring their animals to the vet clinic -- they must be content to let me do my own thing. You know your old when you become the harmless dude rummaging thru factory packaging and no one objects.

#702 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

I remember the younger brother/sister getting their happy meals in a plastic boat -- it was kind of a cool toy back in the day until they sunk in our farm pond. They have pictures on the web of everything. . . prices seem to have gone up though.
    [quoted image]

Home Depot helpers always seem to disappear when I have a question. I am now bold enough to open the box of the item I am looking at to read the directions/make sure it is what I want and more often than not that still does not draw them in. I am in the Depot often enough that several employees recognize me -- several even bring their animals to the vet clinic -- they must be content to let me do my own thing. You know your old when you become the harmless dude rummaging thru factory packaging and no one objects.

Lmao!

I'm not THAT old, but idk when....at some point I stopped caring what the store thoght about me opening stuff for things like that. Lol

#703 5 years ago

Somewhat off topic but whatever I look at an obituary I always see how old the guy was and see how many years until that’s my age.

Also when I’m watching old movies like Breakfast at Tiffanies and say to myself they’re all dead now.

I just watched ‘The Deer hunter’ like to see the young DeNero and Walken and Streep and say look how good looking these guys were and look at them now. If DeNero can go from that handsome guy to what he looks like now than I’ve got no chance at all.

883B5573-C847-452C-996B-F7C93DF84691 (resized).jpeg883B5573-C847-452C-996B-F7C93DF84691 (resized).jpeg
    9A44A332-D258-4641-AFBA-E6A60352AA03 (resized).jpeg9A44A332-D258-4641-AFBA-E6A60352AA03 (resized).jpeg

FC7D6A31-B8DD-4FC0-A51F-EE24FDD75CD4 (resized).jpegFC7D6A31-B8DD-4FC0-A51F-EE24FDD75CD4 (resized).jpeg

#704 5 years ago

One thing gets me, if average life expectancy is 75 or so that puts me 20 years away. I can remember 20 years ago like yesterday. You know the saying "older you get the faster it goes".

#705 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

There was always Tang in the cabinet as well. If it was good enough for the astronauts it was good enough for me!

You must be really old if you remember drinking Start before Tang even existed and how much better it tasted.

And sure enough, you didn't need to be an astronaut to enjoy the same highly nutritional snacks.
    download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

2850272215_2b893580d2_b (resized).jpg2850272215_2b893580d2_b (resized).jpg
    #706 5 years ago

World War 2 was a recent event, Vietnam modern. We grew up with the fact Dad had fought which instilled a strong connection.
    You know relatives that died during the Spanish Flu epidemic. I still share stories from my Grandmas' knee about how profoundly tragic this was to their small Community.
    You wish Western Auto was still around, and miss Products like Monkey Grip, Western Flyer, Pene-Lube and Clinton small engines.

#707 5 years ago

Yes, you probably need to be really old to know what this is all about.
    images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#708 5 years ago

I was born just 20 years after WWII it’s been 17 years since 9/11 so kids born now 9/11 would be almost as remote as when WWII ended for me. (Desert Storm was 28 years ago).

#709 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So we could survive a nuclear explosion. ( or leave good shadows for the body count ) Back when we thought people could survive a nuclear war.

LTG : )

#710 5 years ago

#711 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

So we could survive a nuclear explosion. ( or leave good shadows for the body count ) Back when we thought people could survive a nuclear war.

Everyone just needed their own lead lined fridge:

IJFridge.gifIJFridge.gif

#712 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I was born just 20 years after WWII it’s been 17 years since 9/11 so kids born now 9/11 would be almost as remote as when WWII ended for me. (Desert Storm was 28 years ago).

Ok, probably to much information but when I was a kid and had just finished peeing you would aim the drips to try to pop certain bubbles in the toilet. We were bombing the japs.

#714 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Somewhat off topic but whatever I look at an obituary I always see how old the guy was and see how many years until that’s my age.

Just wait until you get to the point that he is 5 years or 10 years younger than you. And it keeps happening more and more with each passing year.

Eventually you will get to the point that you don't flip that old guy off for driving REAL slow and wobbling all over. You start becoming a lot more understanding and realize the old fart has lost all of his family and friends. He is the last one standing and he still needs to chase groceries.

#715 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

I was always impressed with how sturdy they made those desks back then. Not sure mine couldn't have protected me from a tornado. But yours could withstand a nuclear blast

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #716 5 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-/page/15#post-4639407

Las Vegas nuclear blast tourist attraction. lol.

My 96 year old mother was there for one of those blasts and has recently been rambling on about money the government is giving out to those that were exposed back then. Still sharp as a tack as she nears 100.

#717 5 years ago

Your first crush was Annette Funicello.

#718 5 years ago

When you spend any of your time defending your right to not get a flu shot.

#719 5 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

Your first crush was Annette Funicello.

Everybody had the hots for Annette. My crush was Darlene.

#720 5 years ago

I'm old enough to remember when junk mail was junk mail...instead of life support for the US post office.

#721 5 years ago

When the first 4 things in the water when u take a bath are ur 2 feet and balls.

#722 5 years ago

.....just about all the guys on your old baseball cards that you remember as players, are now dead.

#723 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

My 96 year old mother was there for one of those blasts and has recently been rambling on about money the government is giving out to those that were exposed back then. Still sharp as a tack as she nears 100.

My aunt who still lives with us is 105 and she worked on the Manhattan project back in the day.

#724 5 years ago

When you took a Sentimental Journey with Ms. Day and your mom walked in on you.

#725 5 years ago

Lately I've noticed a lot of my responses to people's questions have been "What?" or "What did you say?"

I've always had decent hearing but maybe people are mumbling more these days. . .

#726 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Lately I've noticed a lot of my responses to people's questions have been "What?" or "What did you say?"
    I've always had decent hearing but maybe people are mumbling more these days. . .

Your hearing is probably OK. You are older. More of life's experiences clogging your memory. You have more things to do. You have more things you think you need to do. You are not absent minded.

Nowadays, it works better if you call my name first to get my attention before you start flapping your gums because----I am lost in my thoughts.

You are not losing your hearing. You are already lost in your thoughts.

Hmmm...I thought that sounded pretty good

#727 5 years ago

When you can remember something from 20 years ago like it was yesterday but can't remember what you had for lunch yesterday.

#728 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

I've always had decent hearing but maybe people are mumbling more these days.

... when you respond to that junk mail offering you a free hearing test.

#729 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

And you remember who Ed Mcmahon was and you know how to pronounce his name.

#730 5 years ago

When you remember chasing the mosquito (DDT) truck.

#731 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Quoted from cottonm4:

And you remember who Ed Mcmahon was and you know how to pronounce his name.

When you respond to junk mail or enter the Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes via the postal service. . . or just plain use the postal service vs. online. I still pay my bills with a check, put them in an envelope, and stick on a stamp. Cannot bring myself to do the stuff online -- the less my financial details are out there in cyberspace the better (or so I think ).

#732 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

or just plain use the postal service vs. online. I still pay my bills with a check, put them in an envelope, and stick on a stamp.

I do the same. In fact walk to the post office as it is a few blocks from here.

If only the postmen could read English or numbers, so they could decipher what street or address my mail should actually be dropped at.

#733 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If only the postmen could read English or numbers, so they could decipher what street or address my mail should actually be dropped at.

Perhaps our postal persons are related -- at least once a month I receive the mail from someone else on my road. I take it back to the local post office. . . but it makes me wonder how much of my mail I may not be receiving.

#734 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

When you respond to junk mail or enter the Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes via the postal service. . . or just plain use the postal service vs. online. I still pay my bills with a check, put them in an envelope, and stick on a stamp. Cannot bring myself to do the stuff online -- the less my financial details are out there in cyberspace the better (or so I think ).

Quoted from TractorDoc:

You have a checking account with a routing number and an account number. You are out there.

#735 5 years ago

...you feel the need to reply to threads like this with "Well I'm not *that* old". OH YES YOU ARE.

#736 5 years ago

I'm turning 60 today, am I in the club?

#737 5 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

I'm turning 60 today, am I in the club?

Age is a state of mind. . .

Happy Birthday!

#738 5 years ago

...when you injure your neck by yawning in the wrong position.

#739 5 years ago

When you keep nodding off while trying to watch a TV show or a movie but when you go to bed you are up all night long

#740 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

You have a checking account with a routing number and an account number. You are out there.

If you use it to write out a check to pay for your stuff at the grocery store, you’re REALLY out there.

#741 5 years ago

Ya ever wake up in the morning and reach down to put your socks on and tweak your back and your F'ed up for three days? Ya ever do that?

QSS

#742 5 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

If you use it to write out a check to pay for your stuff at the grocery store, you’re REALLY out there.

I give little old ladies a pass on that one.

But what is beyond ridiculous is watching younger people (or even some older ones) fiddle farting around with a credit or debit card for every damn purchase no matter how small. While I am standing there with cash in hand ready to go. They just look so clueless.

#743 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

But what is beyond ridiculous is watching younger people (or even some older ones) fiddle farting around with a credit or debit card for every damn purchase no matter how small. While I am standing there with cash in hand ready to go. They just look so clueless.

Try handing a cashier a two dollar bill or fifty cent piece -- more often than not I am asked if its real money. I keep some of each in the money drawer here at work, a lot of people get excited (sometimes confused ) when they find them with their change.

#744 5 years ago

Out of all the pins that have come out recently. You are still only interested in 90's B/W pins. Or the remakes.

Old? or smart?

#745 5 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

Out of all the pins that have come out recently. You are still only interested in 90's B/W pins. Or the remakes.
    Old? or smart?

Pah. Try 'eighties', matey.

#746 5 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

Old? or smart?

Or EM's

#747 5 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

Old? or smart?

To be fair, most of the latest games are about shit so old, I can hardly remember it let alone relate to it.

#748 5 years ago

When some 30 year old concert you never saw or heard of shows up on youtube. When you are a sucker for good guitar playing and this one sends shivers down your spine.

The Ventures

Start at minute market 20:40. Turn up the sound. After that, start at the beginning and let it run.

#749 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

The Ventures

Start at minute market 20:40. Turn up the sound.

Ventures eh? Classic!

Wipe Out is a classic song from The Surfaris. Although all these surf bands played each others songs.

The Surfaris head maestro Bob Berryhill is a friend of mine and an automotive instructor at the local community college. They are older than I am for sure.

Check out Hank Marvin still feeling the love for his classic The Shadows "Apache"

#750 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

When some 30 year old concert you never saw or heard of shows up on youtube. When you are a sucker for good guitar playing and this one sends shivers down your spine.
    The Ventures
    Start at minute market 20:40. Turn up the sound. After that, start at the beginning and let it run.

My dad had a 4 track player in our house in the 60's. My favorite tape was by the Ventures. Favorite song was" Journey to the Stars".

There are 7,612 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-/page/15?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.