1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 1,411 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 231 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Unknown (resized).jpg
    97308700d81551e29a0a0d1348ba98fea97d22bb (resized).jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    220px-Farrah_Fawcett_iconic_pinup_1976.jpg
    download (4) (resized).jpg
    index(5).jpg
    HS1.jpg
    pass2 (resized).png
    groucho (resized).jpeg
    Father-knows-best (resized).jpg
    51gdTv0DYNL (resized).jpg
    index(6).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    imgres (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    download (resized).jpg

There are 1411 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 29.
    #551 1 year ago

-You thought the original Star Trek series was so cool because it had things you knew could NEVER become reality during your lifetime, like a cordless earphone (used by Uhura), a ship computer that could actually respond to commands made by a human voice, a wireless communicator that let the user talk to someone way out of walkie-talkie range, a high-definition flat video screen at the front of the bridge, a device used by McCoy to conduct a non-invasive medical procedure, and Spock's portable tricorder that provided information and could easily be held and used with two hands.

-You remember first-hand when mood rings, pet rocks, and lava lamps were cool.

-You still think of the original Black Knight as a new machine.

-You were born less than 5 years after the Detroit Lions won their last championship.

-Some of your favorite lines are "Sorry about that, Chief," "missed it by THAT much," "would you believe...", "and LOVING it," and (my favorite line by 99, when agent 43 died) "you're worth two 43s, 86".

#552 1 year ago

Not too Old!.....

pasted_image (resized).png
    #553 1 year ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

-You thought the original Star Trek series was so cool because it had things you knew could NEVER become reality during your lifetime, like a cordless earphone (used by Uhura), a ship computer that could actually respond to commands made by a human voice, a wireless communicator that let the user talk to someone way out of walkie-talkie range, a high-definition flat video screen at the front of the bridge, a device used by McCoy to conduct a non-invasive medical procedure, and Spock's portable tricorder that provided information and could easily be held and used with two hands.
    -You remember first-hand when mood rings, pet rocks, and lava lamps were cool.
    -You still think of the original Black Knight as a new machine.
    -You were born less than 5 years after the Detroit Lions won their last championship.
    -Some of your favorite lines are "Sorry about that, Chief," "missed it by THAT much," "would you believe...", "and LOVING it," and (my favorite line by 99, when agent 43 died) "you're worth two 43s, 86".

The Cone of Silence is broken. Time to use the portable Cone...

#554 1 year ago

When this was your first Mac!.....and it IS! Still works and runs Photoshop, MacWrite, etc!

mac se (resized).JPG
    #555 1 year ago

When the hospital bill for your own birth was $109 and no insurance was involved.

#556 1 year ago

In 1975 when I turned 16 and got my license my insurance was 35$ and comprehensive was 1$ for a year.I thought at the time that was a lot.

#557 1 year ago

When you realize you are spending more time reading 'old farts broken parts' stuff online instead of fixing pinballs.

#558 1 year ago

You know you are old when you remember Lying was a bad thing, especially in Business and Money.

#559 1 year ago

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing.
    If you can fake that, you've got it made.
    ---Groucho Marx

#560 1 year ago

You remember when cigarettes were advertised on TV.

#561 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballFever:

And they came in vending machines.

#562 1 year ago

This thread is depressing because I remember all this stuff.

What we need is a "you know your young when..." thread. Like what you had for lunch yesterday. Oh snap, never mind.

#563 1 year ago

You know you are old when you type this at 7:15, and Bed sounds good.

#564 1 year ago

You can remember going to any concert and not having to spend 90% of your time blocking out phone screen illumination in your peripheral vision.

#565 1 year ago

When you saw a pretty girl and had to wriggle and squirm say "down boy" and now you chant, "If I were 30 years younger".

#566 1 year ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

You know you are old when you type this at 7:15, and Bed sounds good.

Yeah, and then you go to bed and can't sleep and find yourself nodding off all day long.

#567 1 year ago
    Quoted from Travish:

And they came in vending machines.

Costing .35/Pack

#568 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Yeah, and then you go to bed and can't sleep and find yourself nodding off all day long.

No kidding. I couldn't fall asleep until 1:00 am last night and I woke up at 5:00 am this morning. SHIT! 4 hours. I can't wait to fall asleep at my desk or some other strange spot........ like in my truck while waiting at a red light.

QSS

#569 1 year ago

When you call a 30 something “ a kid”

#570 1 year ago
    Quoted from Budman:

When you call a 30 something “ a kid”

That's easy!! My kids are 37 & 35

#571 1 year ago

What does it mean when having a heart attack and dropping dead on the floor is looking like a good thing?

#572 1 year ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

What does it mean when having a heart attack and dropping dead on the floor is looking like a good thing?

It means you are not getting Laid anymore.....

#573 1 year ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

This one is not funny. It means you have spent some time visiting friends and loved ones who now live in care homes. And Depends are not a joke. Looking thru the bottom of that glass is just no fun.

#574 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

This one is not funny. It means you have spent some time visiting friends and loved ones who now live in care homes. And Depends are not a joke. Looking thru the bottom of that glass is just no fun.

I can't imagine glass depends would be fun.

#575 1 year ago

When you think of the perfect response to this topic... but totally forget it once you start typing.

#576 1 year ago

You are reading Pinside written on a shovel by a fireplace.

LTG : )

#577 1 year ago
    Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

When you think of the perfect response to this topic... but totally forget it once you start typing.

Are you sure you are getting older or are you hitting on that doobie, again

#578 1 year ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Game over!! You tilted!! Good thing is, You went quick!!

#579 1 year ago

Heck, they sponsored many TV shows including "The Flintstones". Check this out!

#580 1 year ago

That's amazing seeing those family friendly cartoon characters smoking and advertising cigarettes but that was back then. Wonder if there were other kid cartoon characters that smoked?

Marlboro Man.

#581 1 year ago

When pissing away a lot of jack on one of these rigs does not feel like pissing it all away. It feels like a nice reward for a job well done.

I took a 45 minute ride on one of these last Sunday at the state fair. For the first time in 18 months my lower back and hip did not bother me.

These massage chairs are finally getting into my price range. The sales guy knocked a bunch more off the price. After spending a small fortune on a chiropractor, a licensed massage therapist, and those Chinese guys in the mall I signed the dotted line.

That next pin is just going to have to wait.

IMG_8520 (resized).JPG

#582 1 year ago

That's amazing seeing those family friendly cartoon characters smoking and advertising cigarettes but that was back then. Wonder if there were other kid cartoon characters that smoked?
    Marlboro Man.

The Simpson's are great with their Laramie Cigarettes spoofs. With that Smoooooth taste......

#584 1 year ago

When you think twice about going to loud concerts ( the deafening threat it brings to your mind after some tests tell you it's not good for your sorry ears )

When young people call you "Mister" and when old people call you "Young Man" and you know you're not !

#585 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikat11:

You think the Beatles are still cool.

My kids are 4 years old in 2 months and love the Beatles every week, some cool Ramones too
    Oldest 4 year old kids in the world maybe ...

#586 1 year ago

Marlboro Man.

I can remember seeing Brutus in Popeye blowing smoke rings. And we had candy cigarettes.

imgres-1 (resized).jpg

734188-fbe6cd18-fc06-11e2-983c-b7c40a81e930 (resized).jpg
    images-3 (resized).jpg

http://historysdumpster.blogspot.com/2013/08/candy-cigarettes.html

#587 1 year ago

you think your doctor is too young to have finished school

#588 1 year ago

...When the tops or bottom of your feet hurt! WTF!

#589 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I can remember seeing Brutus in Popeye blowing smoke rings. And we had candy cigarettes.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    http://historysdumpster.blogspot.com/2013/08/candy-cigarettes.html

I bought a box of candy packs a few years ago. They were a throw back to those old school ones, but I didn't know what to do with them cuz the ends weren't painted to show they were lit

#590 1 year ago

I remember those. I used to buy and pretend to smoke the Pall Mall or Marlboro candy cigarettes. The label "candy cigarettes" was banned and replaced with candy sticks.

#591 1 year ago

I remember ones that were wrapped in paper and had powder (powdered sugar maybe?) That you could blow out like smoke. I think they were chocolate...

#592 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Brutus in Popeye blowing smoke rings.

Popeye smoked a pipe. In fact the cartoonist Elzie Segar smoked a cigar and signed his last name with a cigar.

Segar (resized).jpg
    #593 1 year ago

When you feel like you're the only one who doesn't give a shit about social media and cell phones.

#594 1 year ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

When you feel like you're the only one who doesn't give a shit about social media and cell phones.

I can’t be without my cell phone even though I have no one to talk to really except my wife or kids but I hate social media. I don’t care what people have for breakfast or their various activities throughout the day. i have seen people at concerts or shows who paid hundreds of dollars for the privilege of being there spend the whole time on Facebook and missing the show. Besides, putting all your shit on the internet is a good way to get into trouble now days if your opinions don’t match what is considered PC.

#595 1 year ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I remember ones that were wrapped in paper and had powder (powdered sugar maybe?) That you could blow out like smoke. I think they were chocolate...

there were gum ones like that too. the powder was likely corn starch.

#596 1 year ago

I know its been covered -- but yesterday I bent over to pickup some trash on the ground and felt some sort of muscle tightness in my lower left back. I had to be careful about what position I slept in to avoid feeling pain in the area. . . this morning I could barely bend over to put on my socks and shoes. I'm early 40s -- everyone just laughs at me and says wait till 50.

Today I'm walking around like a robot to avoid reaggravating the same area. Hopefully it subsides in a couple days and things are back to normal. Just hoping no large dogs come in today that need picked up/moved around the clinic!

#597 1 year ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

there were gum ones like that too. the powder was likely corn starch.

I bet your right! I don't remember it being a sweet powder.

#598 1 year ago

After all the good Saturday morning cartoons went off.

IMG_4617 (resized).JPG
    #599 1 year ago

Going to a bar and getting a beer for a buck or less!! Stuff is so overpriced today...

#600 1 year ago

When nice houses were affordably priced.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 18.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Led
    Geeteoh Electronics
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 47.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 20.90
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Haus
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 9,500.00
    $ 76.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    There are 1411 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 29.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside