Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,284 posts
  • 451 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_forum_8259614_1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2295 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1274 (resized).jpeg
    jacks (resized).png
    IMG_0639 (resized).jpeg
    MV5BMTUzNjk1MDQ0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDA4NzM2MjE@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    IMG_8419 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8443 (resized).JPG
    okokm (resized).png
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0045 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2928 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0638 (resized).jpeg
    MV5BYjQ3NWMyNTAtODc3OC00NDYwLTk2MDAtMzQ3ODE4YzA2MzNiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAwNDM3OA@@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    There are 8,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 166.
    #5901 1 year ago
    Quoted from cait001:

wow, Wheel Of Fortune was still a thing? I hadn't heard of that in a looooong time, even as a cultural reference. Surely up there as one of the longest runs in TV history

No wheel in Canada? I'm sure they'll find someone else to take his place.

#5902 1 year ago

My wife watches Wheel of Fortune each evening. She loves that show. One day hopefully I can pick up a Wheel of Fortune pinball machine at a cheap price.

#5903 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

My wife watches Wheel of Fortune each evening. She loves that show. One day hopefully I can pick up a Wheel of Fortune pinball machine at a cheap price.

I had WoF for my PS2, it was fun to play at parties.

#5904 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Pat Sajak is hanging it up.
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/12/entertainment/pat-sajak-retiring/index.html
    "Pat Sajak is preparing to spin the wheel on television’s long-running game show “Wheel of Fortune” for the last time."

He must have a small fortune put away after selling all those vowels over the years.

#5905 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

He must have a small fortune put away after selling all those vowels over the years.

The best thing about WOF is Pat Sajak saying something not PC which happens often. The new host won’t get away with that. I’ll miss Pat. WOF keeps the mind sharp.

#5906 1 year ago

You know you're old if for whatever reason you need to sit on the floor, you have to sort of work out a plan of attack of how you're going to accomplish getting down there and getting back up again without hurting yourself.

#5907 1 year ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

You know you're old if for whatever reason you need to sit on the floor, you have to sort of work out a plan of attack of how you're going to accomplish getting down there and getting back up again without hurting yourself.

I’m dealing with that right now. My ladder has 2 options, way too close or not close enough. I jacked my back up installing a ceiling fan. I still have one more to install.

#5908 1 year ago

Happy Father's day weekend!!!

#5909 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Happy Father's day weekend!!!

Been thinking of that a lot recently. He's been gone now 42 years. The time goes too fast.

My Father in appropriate operators attire in July 1962 in the back yard of our old house on Adams St. in Minneapolis. Shortly before he bought the Rifle Sport arcade at 812 Hennepin Ave. in Minneapolis.

LTG : )

IMG_0603 (resized).JPGIMG_0603 (resized).JPG

#5910 1 year ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I’m dealing with that right now. My ladder has 2 options, way too close or not close enough. I jacked my back up installing a ceiling fan. I still have one more to install.

I am starting to hire out work I used to do without thinking about it.

I still mow my lawn but I may start hiring that out.

#5911 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

My Father in appropriate operators attire in July 1992 in the back yard of our old house on Adams St.
    [quoted image]

I'm fairly certain that it was 1962 when you were on Adams St.

#5912 1 year ago

my very first time on a plane was in 1996 to cancun, you could smoke a cigarette on a plane then, i was blown away they allowed that in such a confined space.

#5913 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

I'm fairly certain that it was 1962 when you were on Adams St.

Thank you. How the heck did I manage that one.

#5914 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Thank you. How the heck did I manage that one.

Because you are getting old ?

#5915 1 year ago

You know you're old when your work offers you 4 free VIP concert tickets, 12th row, VIP parking and all that, and you decline because you either haven't heard of half the bands, or the ones you DO know would have been cool to see 30 or 40 years ago....

i mean, Alice Cooper is what, 75 now? Wish I'd seen him in 1978...not really interested now........

Add in dinner, a couple beers at the show, it's still gonna run a couple hundred. And on a weekday? Not enough to pry me off the couch.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#5916 1 year ago

I would go see Santana......

#5917 1 year ago

I'd go see Santana, Beck, The Offspring and Fall Out Boy. I'm 54 and I think these artists would play to some of my musical tastes from the past 50 years.

A couple months ago I saw the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Muse in Vegas. The Peppers were a real good show and the fact that they played in Allegiant is a testament to their fan following and popularity. The older crowd was really into it and I enjoyed it a great deal.

But Muse...... damn! They played in T-Mobile which was my first time to see them and what a show they put on. The energy of the band, the much younger audience, the songs and the production were incredible. That sort of show really invigorates me and makes me feel like a 20 year old all over again. That's one of the main reasons I still like going to shows, these younger acts are just so energetic and the enthusiasm is infectious.

QSS

#5918 1 year ago

I just turned 59 - I know about 3 Santana songs (I did think about him though).

The girlfriend has seen Fall Out Boy a couple times already but we thought about them too.

I'd like to see Garbage but not interested at all in Noel Gallagher. Jefferson Starship and Night Ranger are opening for Bret Michaels, of those 3 I'd only want to see Night Ranger.

But I don't care about seeing ANY of them enough to actually go. Wish there was a decent metal or hard rock band. Couple years ago I got the same seats from work for KISS, took 3 friends and had a blast.

I'm gonna think on this over the weekend before I turn them down though.

#5919 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Jefferson Starship

Last time I saw them Mickey Thomas was fronting the band.

#5920 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Been thinking of that a lot recently. He's been gone now 42 years. The time goes too fast.
    My Father in appropriate operators attire in July 1962 in the back yard of our old house on Adams St. in Minneapolis. Shortly before he bought the Rifle Sport arcade at 812 Hennepin Ave. in Minneapolis.
    [quoted image]

Thank you for sharing that picture of your dad. I spend a lot of time watching vintage 1930s to 70s photos and Road trip across America.

#5921 1 year ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

I would go see Santana......

I saw Santana at all small venue a year or 2 ago. I figured that I’m not going to get to many other opportunities to see/hear him play. It’s was pretty good, nice vibe. He’s pretty spiritual, which was fine. But I was very impressed w his wife Michelle playing drums..

#5922 1 year ago

I spent the morning watching Karolina Protsenko street music. If anyone could post a video that would be awesome.

#5923 1 year ago

This girl? She's good!

#5924 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I am starting to hire out work I used to do without thinking about it.
    I still mow my lawn but I may start hiring that out.

I'm not looking forward to the day I have to do that. I like doing my own work.

#5925 1 year ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I'm not looking forward to the day I have to do that. I like doing my own work.

Makes me crazy any time I have to pay for anyone to come to my house. But we have a chimney guy coming Monday to install a damper to keep the birds out of our house. If the chimney wasn’t on top of a 3rd story, I’d DIY it. Too afraid of falling from that height.

#5926 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

This girl? She's good!

She is the one!! Thank you

#5927 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Makes me crazy any time I have to pay for anyone to come to my house.

from one cheap bastard to another, I hate paying it out. Getting older does not change that.

#5928 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

This girl? She's good!

Bitter Sweet Symphony is such a great song and its worthy of a violinist with talent like this young one.

QSS

#5929 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

from one cheap bastard to another, I hate paying it out. Getting older does not change that.

And yet, aging forces what's necessary.

#5930 1 year ago

You know you’re getting old when you start thinking about Long Term Care (LTC) insurance. My mom has Parkinson’s, and her policy is paying 100% of her $7400 monthly bill. If she didn’t have have that policy, she’d be living with us and we would have health aides come in. Which wouldn’t have been so bad, I guess. But they’re taking really good care of her at the facility, and it’s only a mile from us.

My biggest fear is being mentally incapacitated by Alzheimer’s or dementia. It’s part of the reason I quit drinking last year, I want every advantage I can give myself. I like to think that doing playfield swaps helps keep my brain active too.

#5931 1 year ago

...when you fall going up the stairs and fracture a bone in your hand. Ask me how I know...

#5932 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

My biggest fear is being mentally incapacitated by Alzheimer’s or dementia.

I share those fears but had a friend die of ALS ( Lou Gehrig's disease). Talk about a monster. It takes away your ability to speak. Eventually, you will not be able to move on your own and will have to be carried everywhere. In her final months, the only way she could communicate was with texting with on an iPhone. And as all one's motor skill shut down, the person still feels pain. Before the iPhone and earlier in her affliction, speech was the first to go and she had and electronic iPad blackboard to communicate with---that was sad to watch.

Her biggest fear was someone laying her down in bed and not have placed here in a comfortable position, maybe even a painful position, and she would have no way to communicate her pain and discomfort. Have an itch you can't scratch? And can't communicate that to your caregiver? A bastard of a disease.

Not taking away from Alzheimer’s or dementia, or cancer (which took 5 members of my family), they are all ugly. But gathering a deeper understanding of ALS, I fear that about as much as anything.

Parkinson's is no picnic, either. I had 77 year old cousin eat a bullet due to the ravages of Parkinson's.

Quoted from swampfire:

I want every advantage I can give myself. I like to think that doing playfield swaps helps keep my brain active too.

I feel the same way. Retirement and 7 years of working on, and building pins have helped to keep the mind fresh.

and

Where's my mommy ?

#5933 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

This girl? She's good!

Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Bitter Sweet Symphony is such a great song and its worthy of a violinist with talent like this young one.
    QSS

Couldn’t agree more...a great way to chop time watching this Prodigy busk.

#5934 1 year ago

When your TV viewing reverts to your childhood TV shows and you are now streaming in Gunsmoke, Bonanza, and Dragnet on your ROKU box. .

#5935 1 year ago

... when this kind of thing strikes your fancy. Found it at a thrift store for a buck, so I thought, what the hell?

PXL_20230621_023255401~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230621_023255401~2 (resized).jpg
    #5936 1 year ago

Here is a sign that you may be old.

Your mother yelled at you, to get out of the coal pile in the basement. When she caught you drawing on the floor, or wall with the coal.

#5937 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

When your TV viewing reverts to your childhood TV shows and you are now streaming in Gunsmoke, Bonanza, and Dragnet on your ROKU box. .

...when you call it a Roku box...

#5938 1 year ago

Milked leg and picking out tonites food! Sore leg equals Chinese food. I think my wife is on to me.

076F8F40-87E1-484D-BC26-8C0329A4FE3D (resized).jpeg076F8F40-87E1-484D-BC26-8C0329A4FE3D (resized).jpeg
    #5939 1 year ago

Leaning towards combo E

#5940 1 year ago
    Quoted from Scotty_K:

...when you call it a Roku box...

You are going to have to clue me in. What else am I supposed to call it? Well, it is not really a box, but...

BTW, is it a RO-KU. Or is it a ROK-U/Rock U? I have 100s of TV shows at my disposal for the price of some commercials. Beats the shit out of cable. That rocks me. Does it rock you?

#5941 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Milked leg and picking out tonites food! Sore leg equals Chinese food. I think my wife is on to me.
    [quoted image]

Every combo has chicken chop suey. That their specialty?

#5942 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Every combo has chicken chop suey. That their specialty?

belly is full with a combo D and my fingers are hungry for my guitar. have a great Nite everyone!

#5943 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

This girl? She's good!

What a talent…..and a big shout out to the little fella playing the air uke.

#5944 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

belly is full with a combo D and my fingers are hungry for my guitar. have a great Nite everyone!

What the hell! No Hot & Sour Soup. For Shame.

#5945 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

You are going to have to clue me in. What else am I supposed to call it? Well, it is not really a box, but...
    BTW, is it a RO-KU. Or is it a ROK-U/Rock U? I have 100s of TV shows at my disposal for the price of some commercials. Beats the shit out of cable. That rocks me. Does it rock you?

Oh absolutely! I started out with a Chrome stick years ago, but switched to a Roku shortly thereafter; I've now been using Roku products for over a decade. You are correct; much better than cable.

BTW, Roku is Japanese for "six", symbolizing the sixth company that founder Anthony Wood created (which makes me feel as if I have accomplished very little in my lifetime...)

#5946 1 year ago
    Quoted from Scotty_K:

Oh absolutely! I started out with a Chrome stick years ago, but switched to a Roku shortly thereafter; I've now been using Roku products for over a decade. You are correct; much better than cable.
    BTW, Roku is Japanese for "six", symbolizing the sixth company that founder Anthony Wood created (which makes me feel as if I have accomplished very little in my lifetime...)

So, is it a Six? Or a RO-KU? Or a Rock U? It is not really a stick like Chrome stick.

Quoted from Scotty_K:

(which makes me feel as if I have accomplished very little in my lifetime...)

I'm the guy who had his name only in my year books. No Glee Club. No Debate team. Etc. Shop and auto mechanics were never a cause to get you accolades in a year book

#5947 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

What the hell! No Hot & Sour Soup. For Shame.

Just chicken chop suey, dammit.

#5948 1 year ago

It’s Saturday afternoon amd Im listening to Karen Carpenter songs. Bit of a tear in my eye. Such a lovely talented Woman. Yeah I’m old.

#5949 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

It’s Saturday afternoon amd Im listening to Karen Carpenter songs. Bit of a tear in my eye. Such a lovely talented Woman. Yeah I’m old.

I was listening n enjoying listening to some Gordon Lightfoot while washing the truck earlier

#5950 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Quoted from hwyhed:

I was listening n enjoying listening to some Gordon Lightfoot while washing the truck earlier

Undoubtedly, two of the best ever!

There are 8,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.