Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,469 posts
  • 443 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 8.21.48?PM (resized).png
    IMG_1593 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2061 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 8.43.57 AM (resized).jpg
    google (resized).jpg
    3oforH0q_1811141354531 (resized).jpg
    rain sing (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1710278609225 (resized).jpg
    Resized_20240306_152326 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2055 (resized).jpeg
    old (resized).jpg
    Bob-Lo-Island-from-above-scaled (resized).jpg
    IMG_0867 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0865 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpg
    shopping (resized).jpeg

There are 7,469 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 150.
    #5551 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Just goes to show you, if you don't have your health, doesn't really matter what else you have.

Exactly why I quit drinking and started exercising. My great aunt’s about to turn 101, and she still lives in the house she and her husband bought in the 60’s. She’s my new hero.

#5552 1 year ago
    58DBF5AA-D17F-47AF-AE28-A09CA65B906A (resized).jpeg58DBF5AA-D17F-47AF-AE28-A09CA65B906A (resized).jpeg
    #5553 1 year ago

Anybody remember Stella Stevens? She was hot !

Stella Stevens, Who Starred in ‘The Nutty Professor,’ ‘The Poseidon Adventure,’ Dies at 84

https://news.yahoo.com/stella-stevens-starred-nutty-professor-190418988.html

#5554 1 year ago

You remember the show That’s incredible! With Fran Tarkenton and Cathy Lee Crosby

#5555 1 year ago

You remember Fran Tarkenton, scrambling? One of the greats...

#5556 1 year ago

I got a haircut yesterday and all the hair on the floor around the barber chair was gray. Gray is fine. Just happy to have some hair. Haha

#5557 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

I got a haircut yesterday and all the hair on the floor around the barber chair was gray. Gray is fine. Just happy to have some hair.

I remember the first time I saw some gray hair on the sheet my barber wrapped over me. I mentioned it. My barber told me I had some white hair too.

That was when I decided go ahead and fall out.

LTG : )

#5558 1 year ago

I had gray hair at 16.

#5559 1 year ago

I was bald at 19. At the time it was kind of stressfull but after a couple of months I got used to shave my head. And 24 years ago the ladys loved me and my bald head.

Nowadays? Haha. Baldhead beergut bastard that only cares about pinball, fishing and his little dog.

#5560 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Anybody remember Stella Stevens? She was hot !
    Stella Stevens, Who Starred in ‘The Nutty Professor,’ ‘The Poseidon Adventure,’ Dies at 84
    https://news.yahoo.com/stella-stevens-starred-nutty-professor-190418988.html

She sure was gorgeous! I guess heaven needed a couple more gorgeous angels!
    Check out these pix.

Screenshot_2023-02-19-16-18-40-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2023-02-19-16-18-40-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2023-02-19-16-18-59-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2023-02-19-16-18-59-1 (resized).png
    #5561 1 year ago

The first picture shows a Williams "Ten Strike" (or possibly "Ten Pins"), and the second picture looks to be a United "Pixie Bowler".

#5562 1 year ago
    Quoted from DarthPaul:

I had gray hair at 16.

I was stationed with a guy who was 20-21 who had salt pepper., and mostly salt.

#5563 1 year ago

You know your are old....

Last month I had cataract surgery. It makes a very big improvement in your vision. To anyone considering this procedure, it will vastly change you vision to like when you were a kid.

Added 13 months ago:

(answered by email)

#5564 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

You know your are old....
    Last month I had cataract surgery. It makes a very big improvement in your vision. To anyone considering this procedure, it will vastly change you vision to like when you were a kid.

i have an appointment with a cataract surgeon on 3-7-23. Did you get the lens implants that correct your vision to 20-20? This is what I am hoping to do.

I quit driving at night. Too scary. I am hoping also that cataract surgery will bring my night vision back.

#5565 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

i have an appointment with a cataract surgeon on 3-7-23. Did you get the lens implants that correct your vision to 20-20? This is what I am hoping to do.
    I quit driving at night. Too scary. I am hoping also that cataract surgery will bring my night vision back.

I’ll be driving at night with these soon !

#5566 1 year ago
    7D4D3A9F-2CFF-463B-AD90-578BB723ABB6 (resized).jpeg7D4D3A9F-2CFF-463B-AD90-578BB723ABB6 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #5569 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

She sure was gorgeous! I guess heaven needed a couple more gorgeous angels!
    Check out these pix.[quoted image][quoted image]

The girl in the blue smoking a joint looks pretty good too

#5570 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

The girl in the blue smoking a joint looks pretty good too

Looks like a cigarette to me. Maybe those Canadian pot laws have been playing with your mind

#5571 1 year ago

That’s a spliff.

#5572 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

That’s a spliff.

I have head of joint and doobie. Spliff is a new word for me.

#5573 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

That’s a spliff.

No way that girl is toking up in a 1963 movie.

Besides, if it was a joint, doobie, or a spliff, or what ever, the girl would most likely be pinching it between her thumb and her finger. instead, she is holding that white stick out at the tips of her fingers like I have seen many women do thru the years.

Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 8.24.47 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2023-02-28 at 8.24.47 PM (resized).jpg

#5574 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

That’s a spliff.

Isn't a spliff a joint rolled in a piece of corn husk?

#5575 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

No way that girl is toking up in a 1963 movie.
    [quoted image]

I agree. If this was in the ‘70’s and had a cheech n Chong in the movie title, that’d be different!

#5576 1 year ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

I agree. If this was in the ‘70’s and had a cheech n Chong in the movie title, that’d be different!

The photo is from the film "The Courtship of Eddie's Father".

#5577 1 year ago

I'm so old that my blood type was discontinued.

#5578 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

That’s a spliff.

Nah, it's a cigarette, back in the 70's women smoked a brand called "Virginia Slims".

#5579 1 year ago

When people are calling foo fighters grandpa rock

#5580 1 year ago

More irrefutable evidence that I’m old. I have both a favorite Polka and Humpa song.

#5581 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

and Myron Floren was like "the Keith Emerson of the Accordion".

Yer killing me. Great line.

#5582 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Nah, it's a cigarette, back in the 70's women smoked a brand called "Virginia Slims".

No Virginia Slims in 1963. So, the question is what brand is she smoking? Salems, Kent, and Parliaments all had white filter tips.

"Look at Virginia Slims, Salem and Capri - women's brands - and you'll see white tips. Neutral brand like Kent and Parliament also have white tips. Macho brands like Marlboro, Winston and Kool, on the other hand, will have the cork tips."

Damn! You can Google anything. I guessed correctly on these 3. Virginia Slims came out in the 70s and Capri hit the market in 1987.

My dad smoked Salems and Kents. And I remember seeing Parliaments.

#5583 1 year ago

Sizemore died yesterday.

And now,

"Gary Rossington, Founding Lynyrd Skynyrd Guitarist, Dies at 71"

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/gary-rossington-founding-lynyrd-skynyrd-013029069.html

The wheel never stops turning. I recall years ago when my mom said something about the celebrities of her generation, " They are all dying off."

#5584 1 year ago

When your pubes turn grey

#5585 1 year ago

Well, I microwaved my first empty cup of coffee today. Excuse me while I try to draw an analog clock…

#5586 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

"Gary Rossington, Founding Lynyrd Skynyrd Guitarist, Dies at 71"

What a bummer. He was a great musician and writer. Saw Foreigner lead off for Skynyrd on their final tour and later saw the Rossington Collins band at the Mann Music Center in Philly. I was in the 1st row and Dale Krantz took the black cowboy hat I was wearing and wore it for a few songs before returning it.

#5587 1 year ago

You know you are old when not only do you still use DVDs, but you return one to the library, not realizing the disc is still in your DVD player!

#5588 1 year ago

You know you are old when you spend more time playing your Fireball and El Dorado EM's, than you do playing your High Speed and Flight 2000.

#5589 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Good Luck Today.

#5590 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Good Luck Today.

Thank you. I leave for the eye surgeon's office in 1.5 hours.

#5591 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

What a bummer. He was a great musician and writer. Saw Foreigner lead off for Skynyrd on their final tour and later saw the Rossington Collins band at the Mann Music Center in Philly. I was in the 1st row and Dale Krantz took the black cowboy hat I was wearing and wore it for a few songs before returning it.

35 years ago I was 35 when my dad died. I thought he was up there in years and consoled myself with, "He had full life. He did not get cheated".

My dad was 71 when he died. I thought he was ancient. He was the same age as Rossington and now 71 seems like they were still just kids. I'm 70 now; I don't feel ancient. Amazing how the thought process works because I would like to say, "I'm just 70.". Anything less than 80 and I will feel like I got a raw deal

#5592 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

35 years ago I was 35 when my dad died. I thought he was up there in years and consoled myself with, "He had full life. He did not get cheated".
    My dad was 71 when he died. I thought he was ancient. He was the same age as Rossington and now 71 seems like they were still just kids. I'm 70 now; I don't feel ancient. Amazing how the thought process works because I would like to say, "I'm just 70.". Anything less than 80 and I will feel like I got a raw deal

I read someplace that "old age always stays comfortably in front of us..." Meaning, as you said, that the older we get, THAT age isn't old any more - it's people OLDER than you.

My mom is 80, and she talks about the "really old people" she sees at the doctors office or whatever - I'll laugh and joke w her, "Mom, you're friggin 80"...and she'll laugh too......i guess as long as you're not the oldest person on the planet, you can always feel younger that SOMEBODY.......

#5593 1 year ago

I see lots of people who are no older than me, who LOOK a lot older.

I guess I have just paced myself better than they did. Not ever smoking cigarettes surely was a factor.

But I don’t want to get too glib; this age estimator site friggin nails it:

https://howolddoyoulook.com/

#5594 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I see lots of people who are no older than me, who LOOK a lot older.

Only high school reunion I ever went to was the 20th. I knew there would be 38 year old people there. I was amazed at how many looked 25 and how many looked 60.

LTG : )

#5595 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Well, I microwaved my first empty cup of coffee today. Excuse me while I try to draw an analog clock…

Don't feel bad, I toasted without toast the other day. I was surprised when it popped up and there was no toast.

#5596 1 year ago

That makes me feel great Lloyd. I turn 60 next month, and realize I know most of the lyrics to elevator music! I'm also so old that this mug feels like just a couple years ago!

20230307_162329 (resized).jpg20230307_162329 (resized).jpg
    #5597 1 year ago

You know you are old when you read other people's "you know you are old" references indicating they are substantially younger than you.

#5598 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

You know you are old when you read other people's "you know you are old" references indicating they are substantially younger than you.

Right - maybe we need a "You Know You Are Old 40s to 50s" thread, "You Know You Are Old 50s to 60s" thread........

These young whippersnappers will never adhere to it though.

#5599 1 year ago

I still have mine under the kitchen sink. The thing is trying and add butter after the popcorn is popped. Like a sponge.

#5600 1 year ago

Investing in a flowbee. No way paying 60$ a month for frier tuck head anymore.

1B16B1A6-81F1-4978-9E41-F130C839E0DF (resized).jpeg1B16B1A6-81F1-4978-9E41-F130C839E0DF (resized).jpeg
    There are 7,469 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-/page/112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.