Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,611 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    chip can (resized).jpg
    IMG_4874 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-07-13-43-03-50_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    There are 7,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 153.
    #5401 1 year ago

Another one gone at 87, pioneer of rock n roll, Jerry Lee Lewis
    https://nypost.com/2022/10/28/jerry-lee-lewis-rock-n-roll-legend-dies-at-87/

#5402 1 year ago

Dennis Quaid gave a fine performance of this dude in 'Great Balls of Fire'. Jeez, I was a teen when that film came out... I feel old.

#5404 1 year ago

Fast fingers! My post is deleted, too.

#5405 1 year ago

I see that now. I stumbled onto something yesterday talking the TMZ stuff. I did not have another look.

#5406 1 year ago

I’m milking my leg tonite.

#5407 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I’m milking my leg tonite.

#5408 1 year ago

Whoa, now it's true?

#5409 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Whoa, now it's true?

Yesterday it was not true. Today it is.

#5410 1 year ago

Finley dog walk score! A cool slide for my grandson

576B0170-5B04-4DD5-A532-945A61EE15F1 (resized).jpeg576B0170-5B04-4DD5-A532-945A61EE15F1 (resized).jpeg
    #5411 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

[quoted image]

You should stop stealing your neighbor's stuff.

#5412 1 year ago

I have been in my neiborhood for 27 years...It was a new development when I moved in. Now, I don't put up 2/3rds of my Halloween stuff because the neighborhood has changed...kids grew up. Not that much turn over in sales as this neighborhood is on the wanted list.
    With a big drop of children in the hood, it isn't worth going crazy..I feel bad about that.
    Used to have well over 200 kids...down to about 75. So, the whole neighborhood is growing old as am I.

#5413 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

[quoted image]

Damn, we bought my grandson one last Christmas

#5414 1 year ago
    Quoted from DCP:

Fast fingers! My post is deleted, too.

Quoted from cottonm4:

I see that now. I stumbled onto something yesterday talking the TMZ stuff. I did not have another look.

Quoted from poppapin:

Whoa, now it's true?

Quoted from cottonm4:

Yesterday it was not true. Today it is.

Here is the article that saw that said Jerry Lee Lewis had not died. And then a day later he passed.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/27/media/jerry-lee-lewis-death-tmz/?dicbo=v2-1fc2383a8751e219a35d2c53a72b8e3a&hpt=ob_blogfooterold

" TMZ stunned readers Wednesday, sending off push alerts reporting that the iconic rocker Jerry Lee Lewis had died.

The only problem: Lewis,87, is, in fact, alive..."

1 week later
    #5415 1 year ago

You watch Gay commercials now.
    What does gay mean exactly. Why does gay have a flag? I didn't know there was another meaning for Love.

#5416 1 year ago

A little Hair of the Dog.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/09/entertainment/dan-mccafferty-nazareth-dies-76-intl-scli-gbr/index.html

Dan McCafferty, original lead singer of rock band Nazareth, dead at 76

#5417 1 year ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

I have been in my neiborhood for 27 years...It was a new development when I moved in. Now, I don't put up 2/3rds of my Halloween stuff because the neighborhood has changed...kids grew up. Not that much turn over in sales as this neighborhood is on the wanted list.
    With a big drop of children in the hood, it isn't worth going crazy..I feel bad about that.
    Used to have well over 200 kids...down to about 75. So, the whole neighborhood is growing old as am I.

Had 5 kids in 1 bunch. Gained 5 lbs. In 3 days. My driveway is too long and the houses are apart. I used to decorate but don't bother anymore.

#5418 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

A little Hair of the Dog.
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/09/entertainment/dan-mccafferty-nazareth-dies-76-intl-scli-gbr/index.html
    Dan McCafferty, original lead singer of rock band Nazareth, dead at 76

Terrible news, saw them a couple times, what a powerful voice he had.

#5419 1 year ago
    Quoted from DarthPaul:

Terrible news, saw them a couple times, what a powerful voice he had.

Got another one.

https://apnews.com/article/entertainment-music-alabama-country-70a770a7241a045948a08cd928ffaeaa

Jeff Cook, co-founder of country band Alabama, dies at 73

"Cook had Parkinson’s disease and disclosed his diagnosis in 2017. "

Parkinson's is a bad disease. You have the shakes. Eventually, you cannot control your bowels or bladder. No cure. My 77 year old cousin had this stuff and ended his life last year.

1 week later
    #5420 1 year ago
    Resized_652d7eedd0f4ab76c1a45d1dd5ce809f (resized).jpegResized_652d7eedd0f4ab76c1a45d1dd5ce809f (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #5422 1 year ago

And another boomer is gone.

Kirstie Alley from TV show Cheers.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/kirstie-alley-cheers-look-talking-012105871.html

I did not know her, but she lives/lived about a mile from me. I saw her once in a hamburger shop 15-20 years ago.

She was 71.

I'm 70. I'm circling the wagons

#5423 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

And another boomer is gone.
    Kirstie Alley from TV show Cheers.
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/kirstie-alley-cheers-look-talking-012105871.html
    I did not know her, but she lives/lived about a mile from me. I saw her once in a hamburger shop 15-20 years ago.
    She was 71.
    I'm 70. I'm circling the wagons

Damn, I always thought she was funny, RIP

#5424 1 year ago

We had the coolest toys when we were kids! This would not go over big today.

cigs (resized).jpgcigs (resized).jpg
    #5425 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

We had the coolest toys when we were kids! This would not go over big today.[quoted image]

Don't forget all the cap guns and rifles.

Remember those red rolls of caps that you could load into a cowboy pistol?

#5426 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Don't forget all the cap guns and rifles.
    Remember those red rolls of caps that you could load into a cowboy pistol?

If you didn't have the pistol, you fired them off with a rock or hammer.

#5427 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

If you didn't have the pistol, you fired them off with a rock or hammer.

Yeah! I'd do half or whole rolls at a time!

#5428 1 year ago

When u remember when you got the bar of soap, or a whipping w a leather belt. You can’t do shit nowadays to this soft generation

#5429 1 year ago

" The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.

Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room.

They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

-Socrates

#5431 1 year ago

Dick Van Dyke turns 97 today!

#5432 1 year ago

Bob Barker just turned 99 today!

#5433 1 year ago
    Quoted from John_C:

Yesterday actually. Wow. I didn't think he was still going.

#5434 1 year ago

The old age squeeze is coming on. I will need to be having cataract surgery. On the bright side, it is a common procedure with a 1% risk rate.

And there is a new replacement lens on the market to replace the lens that is surgically removed. It is called a Toric lens. And there is very strong possibility that my vision can be corrected to 20-20 and the astigmatism ( coke bottle lens vision) completely be eliminated.

If this works out, then for the first time in 55 years I will be able to walk into a store and buy a pair of cheap sunglasses. And then wear them out the door.

I tried hard contact lenses in the early 70s. The vision correction was much improved when compared to wearing glasses. In the end, they were too much of a hassle to wear so I gave them up. I also had to give up the cheap sunglasses. My game at the pool table was much improved---I could see those cuts like never before; But the hassle factor was still too great.

Got my fingers crossed.

#5435 1 year ago
    Quoted from John_C:

Get your dogs spaded or neutered!

#5436 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Yesterday actually. Wow. I didn't think he was still going.

Happy wife good Life JR

#5437 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Get your dogs spaded or neutered!

"Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered".
    I gotta laugh at the "animal rights" people. There are really only two basic rights that animals have; (1) to roam free, and (2), to reproduce. They take away both of these rights!

#5438 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

The greatest prog rock album of all time turns 50 tomorrow (9/13/2022).
    "Close To The Edge", by YES.
    An absolute masterwork. Play it LOUD tomorrow!
    [quoted image]

Agreed! This album should be “required listening (with headphones) by every human.

Although “Awaken” on Yes’ “going for the one album” is their best song ever and my desert island song if I could only pick one song.

#5439 1 year ago

Deleted

#5440 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

"Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered".
    I gotta laugh at the "animal rights" people. There are really only two basic rights that animals have; (1) to roam free, and (2), to reproduce. They take away both of these rights!

My vet laughs at the idea that neutered dogs live longer.

The most recent study shows the average dog lives a 13 hour longer life. Probably not worth the risk of surgery.

You gotta let yo nuts hang...

IMG_20221213_183221.jpgIMG_20221213_183221.jpg
    #5441 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

The old age squeeze is coming on. I will need to be having cataract surgery. On the bright side, it is a common procedure with a 1% risk rate.
    And there is a new replacement lens on the market to replace the lens that is surgically removed. It is called a Toric lens. And there is very strong possibility that my vision can be corrected to 20-20 and the astigmatism ( coke bottle lens vision) completely be eliminated.
    If this works out, then for the first time in 55 years I will be able to walk into a store and buy a pair of cheap sunglasses. And then wear them out the door.
    I tried hard contact lenses in the early 70s. The vision correction was much improved when compared to wearing glasses. In the end, they were too much of a hassle to wear so I gave them up. I also had to give up the cheap sunglasses. My game at the pool table was much improved---I could see those cuts like never before; But the hassle factor was still too great.
    Got my fingers crossed.

I think it may correct reading vision (or the need for reading glasses) as well!

1 week later
    #5442 1 year ago

You know you are old when Christmas morning is about sleeping in, fixing breakfast, and then presents.

#5443 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bigdaddy1000:

I think it may correct reading vision (or the need for reading glasses) as well!

I meet with the eye surgeon on Jan 10,2023. I'll let everybody know how it goes. If you see my pins for sale you will know I fell into the 1% club that was blinded

#5444 1 year ago

Here is some strong evidence that I am getting old:

1. My favourite radio station is the same as my mother-in-law‘s
    2. There are switches in my wife’s company car whose function I don’t know
    3. I sold all my DMD games and kept an EM and an EE

#5445 1 year ago

I gave my dad a ride yesterday, and he noticed my new Kenwood display, which looks like a floating iPad. He said “Where does that get its power from?” “Uh, the car battery, dad.” “Really, wow.”

In 25 years I’ll be amazed by ordinary things too. As we all should, I guess.

#5446 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I gave my dad a ride yesterday, and he noticed my new Kenwood display, which looks like a floating iPad. He said “Where does that get its power from?” “Uh, the car battery, dad.” “Really, wow.”
    In 25 years I’ll be amazed by ordinary things too. As we all should, I guess.

Well my father in law, a drinker of beer and spirits, just realized a few years ago you can return bottles back to the beer store and get a refund.

#5447 1 year ago

Amazing what a year's passing stirs up. I'm wondering if I need to rethink building that bomb shelter. Putin is looking a little antsy.

7116bcb48a8c15cd1e02689fd8b22a86b8fbe90f (resized).jpg7116bcb48a8c15cd1e02689fd8b22a86b8fbe90f (resized).jpg

Quoted from cottonm4:

There is all kinds of that Civil Defense crap we grew up with during the 50s and 60s. Some was quite laughable. I recall reading one that said in event of nuclear "whatever" you should get on the highway and leave town. Hell, a city under siege with a hurricane can't keep the highways from clogging up.
    ebay.com link: sch
    My pride and joy is this parody poster that I found several years ago.
    [quoted image]
    Make no mistake. The threat was real, but a policy of Mutually Assured Destruction kept both the U.S. and the Soviets real. Or at least, we were convinced it was real. Some built bomb shelters in their back yard, but most everybody kept going to work everyday and just shrugged our shoulders and joked that in case of nuclear attack, ground Zero was the place to be.
    And yes, that is a nice looking game room.

Quoted from poppapin:

Remember doing this in grade school? Would have saved our asses huh?[quoted image]

Quoted from cottonm4:

My GF grew up in Ponca City OK and had to do the crawling under the desk thing. In my small Kansas town, I think we moved into the hallway and put our hands over the back of our necks. It was one time only. We never did any faux nuclear prep again.

Quoted from Scotty_K:

I remember always seeing those "Fallout Shelter" signs inside and outside of my school building, and most public buildings, and not really knowing what the heck they meant. I started going to school in the late 60s, and by that time, those drills had pretty much stopped.
    Just for fun, I found one of those signs and it now is on the wall in my game room.
    [quoted image]

Quoted from cottonm4:

There is all kinds of that Civil Defense crap we grew up with during the 50s and 60s. Some was quite laughable. I recall reading one that said in event of nuclear "whatever" you should get on the highway and leave town. Hell, a city under siege with a hurricane can't keep the highways from clogging up.
    ebay.com link: sch
    My pride and joy is this parody poster that I found several years ago.
    [quoted image]
    Make no mistake. The threat was real, but a policy of Mutually Assured Destruction kept both the U.S. and the Soviets real. Or at least, we were convinced it was real. Some built bomb shelters in their back yard, but most everybody kept going to work everyday and just shrugged our shoulders and joked that in case of nuclear attack, ground Zero was the place to be.
    And yes, that is a nice looking game room.

Quoted from Scotty_K:

Yes! I had one of those, too, back in the day.
    Thanks for the compliments on the game room, guys. I'm going to be posting some updated photos of the whole room on the game room thread within the next few days.

Quoted from cottonm4:

The fear from the common man is gone. But the top military brass are under no such illusions.

That BS with Reagan 35 years ago was a lot of smoke an mirrors. The U.S. and Russia both still armed to the teeth. Sure, we have less nuclear bombs laying around, but there is still enough stockpile to destroy the globe.
    [quoted image]
    https://www.state.gov/transparency-in-the-u-s-nuclear-weapons-stockpile/

Let's not stop with the U.S. and Russia.
    Here are the nine sisters that can blow everybody up.
    [quoted image]

Quoted from mcluvin:

Pretty crazy that Ukraine etc. didn't keep a handful after the breakup.

#5448 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Amazing what a year's passing stirs up. I'm wondering if I need to rethink building that bomb shelter. Putin is looking a little antsy.
    [quoted image]

A bomb shelter is just “Duck and Cover” for adults. If WWW3 happens, I’d prefer to be vaporized. Quick and painless death.

#5449 1 year ago

Duck and cover doesn’t cost nearly as much.

#5450 1 year ago

... when that trimmer that you bought to maintain your goatee all those years ago is now used exclusively for trimming nose hair, ear hair, and eyebrows.

There are 7,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-/page/109 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.