Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,614 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 minutes ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MV5BMWE3ZThjM2UtMTg2NS00NjY3LTk5ZGEtMTdlYmY3OGE2ZmZlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    helper (resized).jpg
    Beautiful Cynthia and my '68 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6347 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    downloadEMpire. (resized).jpg
    old (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240415_211624.jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_1735 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-22-29-53-10_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    c78990c1b036b7aac3abeab5dbf147d7.gif
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    chip can (resized).jpg
    IMG_4874 (resized).jpg
    There are 7,614 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 153.
    #4951 1 year ago

you have too many drinks, go to bed and miss game 5 of the Stanley Cup finals

#4952 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

you have too many drinks, go to bed and miss game 5 of the Stanley Cup finals

Whoa, at least it wasn't the last.

#4953 1 year ago

your swag should be delivered today Poppa pin??

#4954 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

your swag should be delivered today Poppa pin??

I'll keep a look out.

#4955 1 year ago

And Tractor Doc's thread is now on page 100. Sure are a lot of old farts hanging around here.

#4956 1 year ago

Whoever smelt it dealt it. Oops...sorry I was just on Beelzeboob's FREE UPVOTE Thread!

But happy 100 everybody and I thought I wouldn't last that long.

#4957 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

And Tractor Doc's thread is now on page 100. Sure are a lot of old farts hanging around here.

Almost 5K posts too

#4958 1 year ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

The one restaurant we spent most of our time at when I was small and I remember all the prizes we used to get. I just wish it was still around and after watching most of the "The Food that built America" episodes I feel cheated that I haven't seen any giving credit to Burger Chef and what they invented and started. It was the owners who ran it into the ground but the people who ate there loved it.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh man, the Tomater Gator sticker, I used to have that and a bunch of the other Burger Chef stickers on the toy box my grandfather made for me. I think its still in my mom's garage.

I never would have remembered that.

#4959 1 year ago

You know you are old when you can screw up your knee just getting off a stepstool too quickly, and it takes six weeks to stop limping, and all the while the pain site migrates around as you adjust your gait to favor different muscles and tendons that happen to hurt the least for the time being, until they too get sore and you adjust your gait again.

That's my life recently, and no, I didn't see a doctor, I thought I just twanged a tendon, I could still get around and even still push-mow my lawn, and my life could not tolerate surgery and recovery anyway (knowing full well what that would entail as my daughter did have knee surgery in November). But I may have to go see one after all if this keeps up, maybe I can get a cortisone shot or something...

You also know you're old when you feel no compunction about complaining publicly about your physical ailments! However, I do realize that tons of folks deal with much worse.

Still, to think one goofy misstep can cause this much aggravation. I hope I can still pass the "old man test" I posted about before come my next birthday!

Parkour!! Park bench, more like!

#4960 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

You know you are old when you can screw up your knee just getting off a stepstool too quickly, and it takes six weeks to stop limping, and all the while the pain site migrates around as you adjust your gait to favor different muscles and tendons that happen to hurt the least for the time being, until they too get sore and you adjust your gait again.
    That's my life recently, and no, I didn't see a doctor, I thought I just twanged a tendon, I could still get around and even still push-mow my lawn, and my life could not tolerate surgery and recovery anyway (knowing full well what that would entail as my daughter did have knee surgery in November). But I may have to go see one after all if this keeps up, maybe I can get a cortisone shot or something...
    You also know you're old when you feel no compunction about complaining publicly about your physical ailments! However, I do realize that tons of folks deal with much worse.
    Still, to think one goofy misstep can cause this much aggravation. I hope I can still pass the "old man test" I posted about before come my next birthday!

Be careful that you don't damage the other knee as it now has to take on extra weight.

#4961 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Oh man, the Tomater Gator sticker, I used to have that and a bunch of the other Burger Chef stickers on the toy box my grandfather made for me. I think its still in my mom's garage.
    I never would have remembered that.

pinzrfun thought I would pass this on to you but on Ebay you could buy all 6 stickers the price I forget but just wanted to let you know.

#4962 1 year ago

I take one daily, and it seems to help with stuff like that, though you won't notice right away. Sam's and Costco both sell it under their own brands, but it's the same stuff.

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-triple-action-joint-health%2C-110-coated-tablets.product.100293064.html

#4963 1 year ago

June is gay pride month???? WTF ...since when??
    I thought June was called Summer.

#4964 1 year ago

If it makes you feel better, my dad had a much worse stepstool injury when I was a kid. It was a 3-legged wooden stool, and it flipped over when he fell off of one. One of the legs went straight up his butt, and he had to go to the hospital.

“Rectum? Hell yeah, it damned near killed him!”

#4965 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

If it makes you feel better, my dad had a much worse stepstool injury when I was a kid. It was a 3-legged wooden stool, and it flipped over when he fell off of one. One of the legs went straight up his butt, and he had to go to the hospital.
    “Rectum? Hell yeah, it damned near killed him!”

Talk about a freak accident !

#4966 1 year ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

pinzrfun thought I would pass this on to you but on Ebay you could buy all 6 stickers the price I forget but just wanted to let you know.

Thank you!

#4967 1 year ago

Well damn, the myxoid cyst came right back after just a month. And a new one is starting on the next finger over. Now I really know I’m old.

Quoted from swampfire:

Here’s how you really know you’re old. I had a painful blister on my right index finger. I came to find out that it’s called a “digital myxoid cyst”, and it’s caused by osteoarthritis. Basically the joint degenerates and leaks fluid into the surrounding skin.

86D729F1-D16F-4542-8BAA-A489FA9816AD (resized).jpeg86D729F1-D16F-4542-8BAA-A489FA9816AD (resized).jpeg
    #4968 1 year ago

Wanted to wish you guys a happy 4th of July but I just turned on the TV news and was sick to my stomach. Mabey its time to burn Violent video games.

#4969 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Wanted to wish you guys a happy 4th of July but I just turned on the TV news and was sick to my stomach. Mabey its time to burn Violent video games.

So, what kind of U.S. news is being fed to the Maple Leafers up north ?

#4970 1 year ago

The US is North of me but, We get pretty much the same news you get. Same channels and broadcasting. Canada is trying to change that though. They are removing American commercials and replacing with Canadian. The only time I really hate it is during Super Bowl. So I just set up a cheap antenna to watch the halftime show!

Quoted from cottonm4:

#4971 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

CNN ..mostly because of Erin Brunettes bedroom eyes.

#4972 1 year ago

Or the blonde with the Washington post..damn I'm old can't remember her name

#4973 1 year ago

I think she briefly dated the weiner guy...could be wrong

#4974 1 year ago

Kirsten Powers hottie of June!

#4975 1 year ago

You know you’re old when you go to check the weather, and you see ads like these:

291BD253-2B10-4115-AE09-2D59A4D8089B (resized).jpeg291BD253-2B10-4115-AE09-2D59A4D8089B (resized).jpeg
    #4976 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Or the blonde with the Washington post..damn I'm old can't remember her name

Just tell her you will still love her tomorrow

#4977 1 year ago

Back in my partying days, I was always looking forward to retirement so I could be the old guy sitting at the end of the bar getting quietly pickled all day long, flirting w the waitress.

Not so much anymore. Still looking forward to retirement, sure, but I'll find other things to occupy my time.

#4978 1 year ago

Tomorrow I become eligible for social security. Getting old sucks.

#4979 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Congrats, you made it!

#4980 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Lotta people don't make it that far - silver lining -

#4981 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

You had at least 62 years to get ready for it.

It's not that bad---if you are in good health. The only thing I miss are the friends and family who have gone before me.

Now you will get to call your own hours. And throw the alarm clock away.

#4983 1 year ago

You know you’re old when the first thing you do when you hear a celebrity is dead is subtract your age from theirs and think, “okay, so I have another 24 years…”

#4984 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

You had at least 62 years to get ready for it.
    It's not that bad---if you are in good health. The only thing I miss are the friends and family who have gone before me.
    Now you will get to call your own hours. And throw the alarm clock away.

I'm still going to work, I do home remodeling. Even at my age I was in an attic today in 80 degree heat outside and 100 in the attic running a 220V cable to relocate a range to a different wall. New outlet, tied into the breaker box and done. I think staying active is good.

#4985 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

I think staying active is good.

Agreed.

#4986 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

You know you’re old when the first thing you do when you hear a celebrity is dead is subtract your age from theirs and think, “okay, so I have another 24 years…”

I was 14 when my paternal grandfather died. He was 83. I thought he was older than dirt. And now that I am 70, James Caan did not seem old at all at 82. But I am hoping for 90, like Sean Connery

#4987 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:I was 14 when my paternal grandfather died. He was 83. I thought he was older than dirt. And now that I am 70, James Caan did not seem old at all at 82. But I am hoping for 90, like Sean Connery

If you're going to aim, then aim high cotton.
    Shoot for triple figures!

#4988 1 year ago

You know you are old...
    when it takes 4 fricking weeks to get over a pulled back muscle. Damn, I was just about to look into the dreaded chiropractor, and it went away. Last time I did that it took about 10 days, and that was about 10 years ago. My fault, my brain still says I'm 35...not 67, I'm NOT out of shape, but age does not care what you see in the mirror. You have to think about what you are going to do, and How you are going to do it, especially when it comes to those unusual physical situations that you don't work those muscles that often. I know better, but it's been so long since I screwed up..I forgot!!

#4989 1 year ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

You know you are old...
    when it takes 4 fricking weeks to get over a pulled back muscle. Damn, I was just about to look into the dreaded chiropractor, and it went away. Last time I did that it took about 10 days, and that was about 10 years ago. My fault, my brain still says I'm 35...not 67, I'm NOT out of shape, but age does not care what you see in the mirror. You have to think about what you are going to do, and How you are going to do it, especially when it comes to those unusual physical situations that you don't work those muscles that often. I know better, but it's been so long since I screwed up..I forgot!!

my body punishes me when I do anything out of the ordinary too - once or twice a year I pick up a truckload of firewood, haul it to the backyard and stack it - a much different day than 8 hours in front of a computer....oooh, the pain, the pain.......

79140f76606cd26d1c9e84f7ccd38399 (resized).png79140f76606cd26d1c9e84f7ccd38399 (resized).png
    #4990 1 year ago

My wife broke her leg getting out of bed at 32 years old. Straight across. Needed a titanium rod put in.

We were more concerned that it was indicative of some other larger problem. But thankfully it wasn’t. It’s been 9 years, and she’s perfectly healthy, full recovery, but she still feels the hardware when it gets cold or steps funny.

Its wild how something like that can happen from the simplest every day things.

#4991 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

So? Just use Kirk Douglas as your reference, and you're ok.

#4992 1 year ago

Internet , bank machines certain credit cards curreny down for parts of Canada since 5am...I think it's an attack from the Russians. This has never happened before in Canada. My internet band bank is still down
    .Thanks ...I missed the second round of the NHL draft and had to return empties to replenish by beer supply.
    Joking aside..what if you needed money to buy baby food?? Lesson learned have a cash supply.

#4993 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Internet , bank machines certain credit cards curreny down for parts of Canada since 5am...I think it's an attack from the Russians. This has never happened before in Canada. My internet band bank is still down
    .Thanks ...I missed the second round of the NHL draft and had to return empties to replenish by beer supply.
    Joking aside..what if you needed money to buy baby food?? Lesson learned have a cash supply.

I learned that in the early 80s. Friday evening rolled around and my pocketbook was empty. The banks had closed for the day. Actually, they closed for the weekend. No Saturday morning banking. And there was no such thing as a cash machine.

It sucked.

#4994 1 year ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

If you're going to aim, then aim high cotton.
    Shoot for triple figures!

Quoted from jrpinball:

So? Just use Kirk Douglas as your reference, and you're ok.

Or at least Betty White

#4995 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Yupp, Cash is King!

#4996 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Lesson learned have a cash supply.

Cash = Federal Reserve Notes (in the US), and they’re at the tippy-top of the money pyramid, as long as that pyramid stands. Then the new pyramid is grain - whiskey - bullets.

I like to keep $5k in our safe in case a cash-only deal pops up that’s too good to pass up.

#4997 1 year ago

I can’t work today because Rogers is down. Made a great long weekend?! Monday will be crazy though!

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

#4998 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

As my late brother used to say, it's better than the alternative. He got the alternative; age 62.

#4999 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I can’t work today because Rogers is down. Made a great long weekend?! Monday will be crazy though!

Down until Monday! Pinside is my only communication with the outside world!

#5000 1 year ago

Russians are pissed not one of their players was picked in the top 10 hockey draft so they take it out on Canada?

There are 7,614 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-/page/100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.